Moar feedback! Probably going to spoiler out some things, so don't read this before you've read the show.
- "Previously in Louisville" was a good highlight of the big-time stories from the last show. I'm always a fan of this sort of thing - when there's any amount of time elapsed between shows, it's good to keep everyone's memory refreshed.
- "Cough Cough" is a cool jam.
- Magnus's entrance I thought was great...a very visual and visceral sign that he's working towards a new era that will cast a pall over IGC as long as he's champion. His demonic summoning of El Cabron with a "...teh fuck?" type of reaction made me smile.
- I'm glad the jobbers are being used for more than easy fodder for handlers; it's giving some very nice flavor to the undercard and just generally good storytelling. The WREX Hardcore Title as a non-sanctioned championship that the jobbers are fighting (and screwing each other over) for is a really fun idea.
- Me and Sylo's seg, following up on our RP back-and-forth where Sylo's main goal is for Ocho to get super-dark, even if Ocho has been resisting it as best as he can. I did enjoy the nod to some of Atken's complaints on the last card that Ocho's the IGC's cash cow, and it plants seeds for future Ocho/Murphy stories (or at least, the possibility for the stories). And last man standing = Ocho's gonna BLEEEEEED.
- Selling Todd Killings's DDT so well was pretty hysterical and awesome, as was the earlier mention of making sure he doesn't bring a gun to the match. Todd, I don't know if you're a troll or not, but I don't think I mind either way; it's a funny style to me. A fun three-way dance, and kudos to Hendrix for picking up a W in his debut.
- I hope MotP is able to come back in the near future; I really enjoy the team and think it's got a lot of potential for fun. Great to have Funicide come in to piss on the parades of two teams that have fun-loving characters, and have TENSIONS MOUNT~
- I'm glad SOMEONE's looking out for Kyle...I was thinking about tossing up a segment in regards to that storyline with Xoesh, but felt that I was already spread out in so many places at once that it wouldn't be feasible. But who was the voice off-screen?? INTRIGUE!
- lol Harmattan.
- JESSE RAMEY SIGHTING! He's going to be great to have around IGC, and it's fun that he and Xoesh have a launching pad for a feud together. Mad Dog is awesome, and I'm glad he was able to get back on track with a story-moving W. Loved the interaction between Pearce and August Monday, and the non-breaking table spot.
- I have a feeling I know who cut the Ocho-centric vignette, but I can't be quite sure...surprising for me to see it, for sure. The rare time the dad likes Ocho and the kid doesn't! Though, the dad would be foolish to want to be Ocho there - Ocho wouldn't be any good at a PS3 game
- Holy one man wrecking crew. REALLY puts Magnus over as this giant monstrous force. It feels like that's been the recurring theme for a lot of this card, and that's important to do when you want to make a shift in a company's feel.
- Third time's a charm, as they say - looking forward to an awesome battle with Straws. Though it's not something I had originally thought of, I think there's a lot of potential in the story that "Ocho was getting mauled by Sylo and may be in for it even worse against Magnus". He never really did embrace the hate in the way Sylo envisioned; but this probably makes sense for Ocho's character in that he's coming into his own, no longer a rookie, and establishing his own identity while not necessarily caring what others wanting him to be (because he's already resonating with fans by being himself). The imagery of a crimson mask underneath his bright red Mario mask was cool for me - as is the X in his chest at the end of the match.
In the end, Magnus's interference in the match where two guys were trying to have a sort of "respectful brutality" towards each other gives Ocho a big reason to want to take Magnus down apart from "because title". It's pretty obvious that he will have to pull something from WAY deep down, otherwise he will be 0-3 in title shots and may be shoot murdered by a demonspawn.
Fun read, Voss! Good work everyone! Psyched for the next leg on the tour.