Name:  1739613.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  19.7 KB

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: NEWS: Please discuss on E-fed Guerillas

"Everywhere I Go Is Dead: the IWF, IGC and NFW stories", by Leyenda de Ocho.
    ---
    Henry Keyes, DEFIANCE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holy crap, when did this happen?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brusch View Post
    "Everywhere I Go Is Dead: the IWF, IGC and NFW stories", by Leyenda de Ocho.
    I see your IWF, IGC, and NFW, and raise you a PRIME, A1E, NLW, and NFW. By Castor Strife.
    a castor strife production

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta work tomorrow night, and Pete has in laws after tomorrow, so I doubt they'll be a show unless someone wants to cohost on with me fri/sat.

I'm taking applications.

Just know that friendly ford is gone.
    NFW World / LoC Legacy Champion Jack Harmen, Tony Davis, & Mary-Lynn Mayweather
    The Pop Culture Phenoms (The D, Klein w/ Elise Ares)
    NFW | Defiance | LoC | nbW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me know what times work for you on Fri and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the by, if Friendly Ford is gone, does that mean Friendly Pete has to make his debut? I don't think Colin could survive both of us being miserable pricks.
    "Every generation needs a revolution." - Magnetic Poetry (original)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Re: NEWS: Please discuss on E-fed Guerillas

Ok...

-NFW has not closed in any official capacity. This may end up being true enough in a very short time-frame, but that announcement would come directly from JN and myself when it happens.

-We only know that Pete will not be in our fed anymore. I cannot speak for anyone else, or what others are saying to others. I wish Pete the best moving forward and lament a personal friendship I have lost. I felt it was best to move in this direction based off his feelings and summations of who he thinks I am as a person. It was very hard hearing what I did since I have known him for 20 years, but I respect his feelings and wish him overall health and happiness.

-If anyone cares to meet with me and JN personally to let us know of their desire to stay/leave NFW, please let us know. We have been happy to meet with anyone in a group chat or email to discuss any problems, issues or questions that have arisen over the last couple of months. We would rather have face-to-face conversations and take our lumps/bruises personally rather through the forums or a radio show, but understand if that's not going to happen. We can be reached at new_frontier_wrestling@yahoo.com

-We are not using these forums for our fed anymore as we don't feel we are a positive influence on the FWC community and don't wish to continue perpetuating a constant stream of negativity and drama. That is why I closed our forums this week. I have nothing negative to say about anyone or my experiences on FWC. All in all, I can't say I find this to be funny or comedic, but different strokes for different folks. Thank you to everyone that's ever supported us or even bothered to read one line of a show of ours.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably regret posting this later -- but I've never been one to pull punches...

Katz,

As a person... I've always dug you, man. I honestly have.

You mentioned who Pete thinks you are as a person, and I won't speak for him. But for me, I've always found you among the most talented people ever in the hobby, and that goes for Gregg and JN as well. All creative differences I've had with any of the three of you aside, I've always gotten along really well with all three of you. I like you as people. That's more important. As people, I wanted to remain friends with you guys, so when I realized I couldn't do the style of fed you guys wanted to do, I left without making a big deal out of it. I didn't want to be annoyed by e-fedding. I thought that much of you all.

Unnecessary ass kissing aside...

There's a lot of melodramatic emo nonsense in this post.

You got your feelings hurt back after the All Star Week mess when I poked a little fun at it by saying "KATZ MUST DIE!!" in a chat room somewhere. You're doing it again now. You'll say you aren't, I know. It's... whatever.

You need to be honest with yourself when you talk about "issues that have come up over the last few months." Issues have been brought up to you guys over and over, and not just in the last few months. You've all, the three of you, been aware of how people feel about things for quite a long time. I had a good long talk with Gregg about what's been going on with you guys a few weeks ago.

I thought the manifesto, while the catalyst for some sort of uproar, was a very positive step for the fed just because it was honest. I saw the new style coming quite a while back, and it's probably pretty key in why I lost interest in the fed as a handler. You guys tried to hard to keep me interested, but it's not a style I can get into. No big deal, right? Like you said, different strokes for different folks. But the manifesto post at least laid it all out on the line. People can choose where they stand when you do that. They may not like it, or they may like it, but at least they can honestly decide.

When there are discussion forums... when there are radio shows... people will discuss you when you make news in the hobby. How can you not know that and expect it to come with the territory? You aren't new to this game, Jon. You may be upset. You may be irritated that not everyone is jumping on board with this new direction, but no one really owes you, me, or anyone else anything around here. We have to earn the things we want. None of us who have been doing this for 20 years can just sit back, change the landscape of our fed in one fell swoop and then fall back on "you should trust us" just because we're senior members of the community. That's just not how it works, and for some reason, you guys forgot that. Justin did loads of work selling the change of DEFIANCE from an RP fed to an angle fed, and his roster bought into it. I even bought in, and I've traditionally despised angle fedding my entire life. The difference was public relations and the method by which he did it. You guys said "trust us." He said "Let me explain to you why this is gonna be badass."

Your last paragraph is a bunch of "woe is me" nonsense, and I can't even believe you could post that shit with a straight face. I can only wonder if "Boys Don't Cry" is playing in the background.

Maybe you really are just so sad that you can't go on. Maybe you really care and want to sort things out with people and it can be saved. Or, maybe you just want a convenient way to disappear into GTA V for a little while.

I'm not surprised you don't find this funny or comedic, because the precedent was set. When things are going well, you're on top of the world. When the criticism sets in, you fall apart. I actually think a HELL of a lot more of you as a person than to ever expect you to be this way, and I don't really think it's okay for you to pull a "take my ball and go home" stunt because some people don't like your booking or new style. I would man up, defend my position logically and figure out WHY people are reacting the way they are instead of closing up shop. You're choosing to take NFW and retreat into a hole, and that's something I would never EVER do. But again, different strokes, like you said.

If you really see this through and take the fed off and disappear, and this is what you're remembered for around here, I think that would really suck.

Not that you've decided there was a reason to speak to me even once since I left your fed, so I guess my "classy" exit was unnecessary.

But whatever.

Thanks for the past, when it used to look like you give a shit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Man you start a new job and shit really starts to go down. I am free Friday too!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brunk -- I'll be sending you a PM to respond. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the ship is going down, I'll be playing cello on the top deck with Biron and Ford like those dudes in Titanic. Fuck it, let's go.

If the league continues, I'm happy to continue with it, and am excited about the new website/forums/format etc. Got some NFW things I'm working on that I'm looking forward to unveiling.

But it's going to suck if we have no presence, not even a fan forum, on FWC, the place we helped build. I realize it hasn't been friendly lately, but I also don't think we need to freak out every time there is a spat. The person who I called out for being a whiney self-entitled asshole could presumably carry that behavior over to the new place, so I don't see what good ripping the forums off FWC is going to do. NFW is naturallly antagonistic in the way we go about our storylines and whatnot. We like the big bang, the shock, the awe. Sometimes that results in applause, other times it leads to exploding tempers and ego clashes. This is the environment we have fostered, and to quote my great uncle Malcolm X, the chickens have come home to roost. Can we please stop freaking out? Can we stop reinventing the league every year? It's a fun place, we had a good thing going. Now it feels like any discussion about NFW has to be done while walking on eggshells because this or that person might get their feelings hurt. Enough. Let's just get back to business already - the business of roleplaying musclemen in their underwear while pretending it's not totally gay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, here's my two cents:

1) I've only ever created one gay character. That's Ryan Oracle. The dude's a bodybuilder with a tramp stamp. Everyone else is either straight or I haven't considered it.

2) I've told this to a few people but I'll make it public. I haven't felt this shitty about this hobby since my last days on Prodigy, when it was non-stop fighting and politicking and nonsense. This has completely sucked.

3) The whole point of the manifesto was to say the following, and I wish we just said it like this: This last show took six months to write. There are a lot of reasons for this. One reason is that a lot of people said they were writing things and then for whatever reason they didn't. That happens. We all know this. But we can't have "six months" of that happening. The cards take forever to put together. They're generally great cards. But they require a lot of cooperation and that's not always going to happen. So, we're going to tighten the reigns and take control of getting stuff out for a while. And not just that, this is also a really good time to get all of our storylines tightened and in a good direction. In addition, some you are driving Katz/JN/me nuts with angles and e-mails and the like. This will irk you a bit but in order to streamline everything and get it going, you'll have to be looser with the control of your character. We're going to be a bit more stringent with what direction things head towards until the new process gets really fluid. If you like writing shows, you'll just have to wait a little bit until we get the new template of how things are going to look and the new process of how things are going to work in place. Once things are set in the right direction, then the NFW is going to become a little bit more like it has been. Not a lot, because that wasn't working for us. But enough. We want you all involved with angles and writing segments and matches. But just let us take the wheel for a little bit because we're all over the map right now.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that sentiment at all. None. I do think I (and I wrote it, with JN and Katz signing off) could have done it a lot smoother in terms of the marketing/PR perspective.

But there were also bad feelings and dumb ego stuff (and I am clearly at fault for some of this) that the manifesto was a lot of fuel to that.

But now that this has all happened, legit -- what's the upside of FWC for me right now? I'm in no other leagues on here. Why should I stay when I've been constantly entangled in some sort of drama the past few months? I can do this stuff among people I like to work with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 months for a card? You people are still bitching about the lateness of cards? Hell back in my day a card a YEAR was where it was at.

And did Brunk really just say Emo? How many other Texans can spell that?

I think we took this too seriously when we were 14 and now some people are taking it too seriously now.

But really I've been quietly protesting the Nfw until Melton is inducted into the hall of fame. I'd also like to point out Melton was working in North Korea in rp long before rodman. That's cache baby.
    "I think John Lennon said: “Life is what happens when you’re making other plans.”, and that’s how I feel. Although he also said: “I am the Walrus I am the eggman” so I don’t know what to believe.”

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks/seems like to me that you guys really have no idea how to deal with people.

It only takes six months to put a show out because you let it.

I once suggested to JK that he enforce deadlines and/or re-assign matches and he laughed at me as if I were the one with a screw loose.

That's all I ever really needed to know, to be honest.

NFW is a very decent fed. Maybe it was great once, but it's gotten so bogged down in bullshit that nobody outside the "big 3" staffers give a crap about. You take too long to put out shows based around characters that other people don't care for, and you have no idea how to communicate with handlers (ESPECIALLY new handlers) about what you want, so when they don't get on the bus with the insanity you ostracize them until they quit.

It's not hard to run a great efed that is slap full of handlers who adore the work you do.

You just have to be willing to be their parent/teacher/boss/babysitter and sometimes deity to get it done.

I think you guys just want to write your own thing and to hell with everyone else, and if so, that's cool, I've done it before myself. But you guys are big super-huge failures at communicating to your handlers what you want and how you want to go about it, so until you can fix that, you can set up all the new forums and write all the propaganda you like, you'll still be pissing in the wind.

Just my thoughts, not like any of you give a shit, nevermind I've tripled the amount of content that that the NFW has done since bringing DEFIANCE to FW. But even still, I probably don't have a clue what the fuck I'm talking about.
    Stand up. Defy!
    www.DEFIANCEwrestling.com

[There was a commercial, or your stream froze, pretend we have a Diva division and a piss-break match came on; whatever, just, give me five minutes okay? Everybody crapped on the idea of commercials and I need for five minutes to have passed, dig it?]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information