[FADE IN. ďThe DragonĒ is sitting on the bed in his hotel room. Next to him sits the Empire Pro Wrestling Intercontinental Championship, whilst at the desk, sits Matt Matteson, looking for another interview]

MM: Great match last night Karl.

Karl: It was a good one Ė hardly spectacular though. But thanks.

MM: Well, my first question is pretty much as expected Ė howís it feel to finally have a title around your waist?

Karl: I wonít lie to you. It still hasnít sunk in that Iíve got a championship, but at the same time, I donít see it as a be all and end all. Itís not as special for me as it would be for a lot of other wrestlers, because I knew it was only a matter of time before I held a title.

MM: Whyís that?

Karl: Iíve wrestled for Worlds Titles and title opportunities so many times. To me, last night was just another one of those. I never tell myself I am going to win, only that Iím going to go out there and wrestle.

MM: Were you surprised when JA came out to face you?

Karl: Definitely. Iíd been round the locker-room a few times during the day, and at one point, Dan came and told me that no-one had seen Sebastian, so he was trying to find someone to take his spot in the match. I guess it made sense for it to be a former Intercontinental Champ, and the only one on the roster who wasnít wrestling was JA, but at the time, when he came down the ramp, it was a huge surprise.

MM: So you didnít know until he came out that you would be wrestling him?

Karl: Hadnít a clue. I think thatís why the match started so slowly, with the lock-ups Ė he hadnít been expecting to wrestle and I had been working on the premise I was facing Sebastian, so it took a few minutes for each of us to figure out a game plan. It was only after he sent me to the outside early on that I figured out how to take the match to him, and under the circumstances I was right.

MM: A lot of people have e-mailed me about this one part, when you got backdropped onto the chairs. What was going through your head?

Karl: Obviously, it hurt like hell. I was moving in to clothesline him over the barricade, then I was hoping to take the match through the crowd a little, where thereís less padding. When he backdropped me, my first thought was surprise, and before I knew it I was collapsing chairs back-first. The ref came over afterwards and told me my eyes were glazed, and heíd been tempted to call out the EMTís, but after a couple of minutes I started to think clearly as the shock of the impacts wore off. Then JA went and suplexed me to the floor.

MM: Now, as champion, youíre suddenly the hunted rather than the hunter. Howís that going to change things for you?

Karl: It isnít. As far as I see it, the one person in Empire Pro whoís hunted is the person wearing the Worlds Title, so right now, itís Lindsay. Sheís going to have her hands full with Troy Windham, but somewhere down the line Iím sure she and I are going to have the match we didnít have at Summer Solstice. As far as defending my title goes, if people think Iím going to sit around and rest on my laurels, letting people come to me, theyíre mistaken. Iíve never cared who Dan Ryan puts me in a match with, and thatís not about to change now Iíve got a title to defend.

MM: Anyone youíd like to wrestle?

Karl: Everyone on the roster is a potential opponent. Naturally, Iíd like to have a match with Cruise somewhere down the line so I can prove that I deserve the title, but other than that, thereís no-one specific I can think of who Iíd ask for a match with. Dan can book me against whomever he wants.

MM: My final question is how long do you think it will be before you get another chance at the Worlds Title, and do you think youíll still be a champion in your own right when that happens?

Karl: That match will happen when it happens. Iíd love for it to be tomorrow, but thatís not for me to say. As for whether Iíll still be the Intercontinental Champion when that match happens Ė all I can say is everyone is more than welcome to try and stop that from happening. Someone may, sooner or later, take the gold from me, but theyíll certainly be worse for wear if they do.

MM: Thanks for that, Karl.

Karl: Any time Matt. Now, if youíll excuse me.

MM: Sure thing, champ.

[Matt leaves the room quickly, leaving Karl on his own to reflect in his win. He picks up the belt, looking at his reflection in its polished surface]

Karl: So thatís how far Iíve still got to go.

[FADE OUT]