Stream of consciousness thoughts (with potential spoilers, so read the card first):
- You've sent me that song before I think, and it's a cool choice for the intro. Good choice of highlights, etc. WOO IGC
- The camaraderie between Balkin and Monday is nice - so often it's easy to play into the cliche of "face announcer/heel announcer", but I like it when it can be two guys who are obviously buddies and don't let personal bickering get in the way of what SHOULD be the feature: the wrestling.
- BOY Morton Murphy hates Phil Atken, and he will do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the strap off of him. So many odds stacked against him, but in cool ways - I dig the idea of the Royal Rumble style match with 2 banked title shots a LOT. AND the tour MVP. And Hornet! Funny how this parallels WWE (though I'm not sure it was intentional) with The Rock having a guaranteed title shot at the Royal Rumble, and Opporknockity Tunes serving a similar purpose. Though, there's no guarantee of the same outcome
- It's entertaining to have these NPC-type wrestlers with their own storylines outside of "we job to everyone". It's too bad WREX never got off the ground, but these matches are a good way to keep those stories going and get more creative juices flowing.
- Phil Atken is absolutely justified in believing that the brand is pushing hard for Ocho to be the cover-boy. I have actually had this beer, and it's canonical that Ocho is sponsored by the 8-Bit Pale Ale (I think I did an Ultratitle Hype promo about it). I like to think Ocho has had exactly one in his life and he blacked out.
- Sam Skull and Phil Atken should be friends.
- Glad that some of our RP storyline got fleshed out with the Kyle stuff, though I do wonder where he went. A cool back-and-forth between the two, and Sylo gets involved with the finish without making it TOO dirty. @J The Ripper
and I have been talking about having a one-on-one match ever since the TLC deal, and I look forward to having it. And I imagine we haven't heard the last of Xoesh and his reign of alien-terror.
- This tag team match was a lot of fun. Kudos to Funicide for pulling it off, I really like the idea of an anti-fun team in a federation that has such a Chikara feel to it.
- Magnus is just the best combination of hilarious and terrifying. I loved the seg.
- It's a shame that Colin wasn't able to put anything up in this match - when real life happens, there's nothing you can really do about it. While the outcome was never in doubt, I think Atken is still firmly over as the biggest bastard in IGC and, if Colin's able to keep going, be right back at the top.
Well done! Psyched for the second stop on the tour.