login  |  Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rest in peace Chris King

So the creator of virtually every single one of the awesome little micros that fill the DEF and BRAZEN roster pages, a decades long roleplayer and ewrestler, and legitimately one of the sweetest guys to ever play this game Chris King seems to have passed away in the last few days according to Facebook. I know a lot of the newer guys to this group wouldn't know Chris as well but he was one of the good ones.

DEF's never had any sort of Hall of Fame for a lot of reasons. But the official DEF irl HoF has one member and one member only. Our buddy Chris. Who gave all our creative works a face and so much color and he never asked for a damn thing in return. Our strange little game really lost someone special.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Rest in peace Chris King

Man, I just spoke to Chris about a month and a half ago, asking him for some resources to help carry on the micro legacy.

Dude was always good to me. I was hoping to get him back here at the time in either capacity, handler or artist, but he declined.

Sad to hear. Definitely, condolences to the artistic vision of Chris King.
    NFW World / LoC Legacy Champion Jack Harmen, Tony Davis, & Mary-Lynn Mayweather
    The Pop Culture Phenoms (The D, Klein w/ Elise Ares)
    NFW | Defiance | LoC | nbW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never really interacted with Chris outside of his getting my information for my micros. I was always amazed that I'd give him information and he'd come back with EXACTLY what I had in mind without me having to make any adjustments. I thought it was incredible, and with my experience doing stuff like this in the hobby it had never happened. I'm kind of picky and made changes, but with him I was always super impressed. What a talent. He will certainly be missed. This is terrible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris was a great guy. Always very accommodating and stuck with us when the staff switched. Even after he took a break, after the passing of his father, anytime I asked for an old micro or whatever - he always would take a look. I only knew him in this capacity but it's a loss all the same. Thank you Chris for everything you gave the hobby and my deepest condolences to your family and friends.

Thread Information