Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: MAXDEF 2020 Arc FEEDBACK!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, there is a recorded DEFG Radio w/ Mikey as the guest going over DEFCON. I haven't had the opportunity to edit it and release it just yet. I'm hoping to as soon as possible. But rather than hold up my feedback for a further episodes I'm going to go ahead with written feedback.

Written not read.

SWEET SUITE PARTY SERIES
    This was a nice change from the standard in-ring from a new champion and obviously this set up, as designed, gives Mikey the opportunity for some humor. ?YOU BETTER NOT BE EYEING MY SEGWAY JIMMY JAM!? Amidst the humor, strippes, frapps and liquors ? we find out that Mikey intends to take the FIST back to Hollywood and retire. As the only triple crown in DEF he feels like no one can stop him!

RUNDOWN
    This was shortened since the cold open had some much going on that the team couldn?t help but to chime in. This served more as an official welcome to Lance Warner as the commentary team than anything else. And with the roster being back in good shape this show was going to be long enough without a four page run down.

I'M THE REAL FIST
    Speaking of Stevens and The ACE, prior to the aforementioned visit to Mikey?s Suite he pops up to MAKE THE FIST GREAT AGAIN and speak his piece about Lindsey Troy. He wants to know who she thinks she is and runs her down in general. In general he does not appreciate LT coming in at DEFCON to cut in line and of course he has to run down the ?Filth?-ful as well. ?best impression of Peggy Bundy? I appreciate the reference but man that is dated! Mainly Steven?s is working himself in a frother here (?That is why if Kelly Evans had a working brain cell in that head of hers she would do the right business decision?) and forgets about huge DEF news from a month ago until he is interrupted! Up on the screen, the Green Reaper, I mean Matt LaCroix is takes out George Stevens backstage. He feels like Stevens stole his spot and that is the only reason he was able to win the Ace back at DEFRoad. ?tha fine new management team here decided to give me an opportunity? hey! Matt reads the news. Matt lets it be known he is going to take out each member of the Steven?s clan and then Stevens as well!

Solid segment, seems pretty standard to begin with and just as you expect this FIST situation to start slowly spinning into a triple threat deal, Matt LaCroix is the WILDCARD! Good stuff, can?t wait to see where they take this.

THE LUCKY SEVENS vs. THE DIBBINS
    The newest tag team in DEF takes on a BRAZEN staple for quite some time now, I think at least since the UTA Invasion. Sevens? come off strong and dominant, pulling out the win after a nicely sized match. Really solid TV length. But the fun doesn?t end there ? Team HOSS is BACK! If only Angus were here to see it. Team HOSS add insult to the Dibbin?s inbred injury and deliver a message to the new tag team. They don?t appreciate someone trying to take their spot out of their long standing reputation for hossing. They are the Team of HOSS?s after all. Good stuff, tight a compact match and segment that gets what appears to be a feud between Team Hoss and Lucky Sevens rolling.

SOMETHING OLD? SOMETHING NEW, BUT THIS AIN'T NO MARRIAGE

We jump backstage and the Faithful are just as surprised as the awestruck Jack Harmon to see none other than Deacon and Magdalena walking through the backstage area. We don?t get much information beyond that in this quick commercial bumper segment but this is wrestling so obviously something is about to happen. Great teaser and couldn?t be happier to have Deacon here.

BUSINESS PROPOSALS
    Next up, we have an interview with the newly crowned Unified Tag Team Champions, The Sky High Titans backed up obviously by the Family Keeling. Junior does what he does best and hypes up the newly formed yet incredibly successful team and goes on to challenge PCP for tonight?s Main Event. To no one?s surprise PCP comes out and Elise feels like we?ve been here before with the Keelings and their next big thing retirect, referencing Andy Sharpe who she successfully defended the SoHer against. ?Haven?t you spoke enough?? is a great line from The D in response to Uriel?s very few words. PCP heels it up well and has a funny bit about a new Lake Placid movie, with a handful of Australia jokes but in general they aren?t interested in the challenge from the Sky High Titans. And speaking of Austrialia ? Oscar Burns and Ryan Batts arrive on the scene with the intent of accepting the challenge and our main event is set!

This was a good segment overall but some parts felt long while the end a bit rushed. Obviously this all setting up furthering story lines but Burn?s involvement seemed a little quick. I feel like maybe it could have even been a separate segment, maybe. Regardless, we have a main event for the night and obviously PCP and Sky High are through just yet.

SWEET SUITE PARTY SERIES 2
    In the second installment, while enjoying fire Burbon Frapps ? sound horrrible, btw ? Mikey gets a vistor. The bit with the Security Guard and Mikey?s guessing game of who it is, is gold. Low and behold, it?s a glad handing Scott Stevens ? who just so happens to hold the guarnteed shot at the FIST. Mikey is obviously untrusting. ?I AM THE CHAMPION, YOU?RE GOING TO HEAR ME ROAR!? Hilarious. Stevens and all other wrestlers and barred from the party. Obvs.

DEX JOY v. ROOSEVELT OWENS
    The Biggest Boy goes up against a somehow Bigger boy! Giving up nearly 100 pounds to Owen?s DEX seems to be in for his ?largest challenge? so far in DEF. See what I did there? After a little back and forth Rosey takes the lead and in quick order it seems like this one is over for DEX but in the end he pulls out the victory with the Jump for Joy, corner cannon ball. Post match DEX gets on the mic and runs down Sinclair a bit, letting him know that DEFCON is hardly forgotten. ?You?re gonna be on that floor more than Johnson?s wax? So for those who didn?t care for the ending of that match at DEFCON, here you go - this story is not over. Good stuff.

THE WHY?
    Speaking of what happened at DEFCON, after the commercial break Jamie Sawyers catches up with Scrow or as DEX referred to him the ?weird little puppy dog.? Scrow spends this segment obviously scripting Rhonda Rousey?s recent comments for her in that he has no love lost for the Faithful. Jamie doesn?t really get a true answer of Why he did what he did at DEFCON but instead we do get a further look into the psychology of Scrow. He deeply requires the approval of others but shuns the ones that have shunned him as a defense mechanism. The question is, if he and Carny have any further involvement will Scrow be able to see past Carny?s approval to see the manipulation. Or has Carny tossed him aside after getting what he wants? ? Time will tell. Scrow is an interesting character with a lot of levels that could go anywhere at this point. There is also a closing line in here in reference to the Douglas match coming up. Less important than the segment on whole but it serves well for continuity.

"THE LOST CAUSE" VICTOR VACIO v. HIGH FLYER IV
    Wrote it. Just a quick match to get Vacio back out there and HFIV being, not only a good match up for Victor, but also tieing into the following segment.

BEATDOWNS ALL AROUND
    After Vacio has the match all but wrapped up, rather than take the pin, he takes advantage. Beating the hell out of HFIV for no other reason than to do it. And here is where that Deacon teaser pays off! Commentary floats out there that given Deacon?s history with the formerly awestruck Jack Harmen ? that it?s tough to say if he is coming out to stop Vacio or join in. Vacio clears that up quickly taken a swing at Deacon which turns out to be poor decision making. A big boot and an Alter Call later, Vacio is laid out. But it HFIV safe? He attempts to thank The Mute Freak but gets an intense stare instead? but he is able to leave the ring without any further damage.

Warren banged this one out, I think it?s a solid introduction to Deacon here in DEFIANCE and now that he has been introduced, it?s off to the races - I?m excited to see the story play out!

FEELING STROPPY
    We get a quick interview with Burns and Batts here. I like the segment but as I mentioned in Business Proposals I thought that segment could have been broken up. Now seeing this I think so, the segment could have ended on the PCP walk out and then Burn?s acceptance on behalf of Batts and himself could have been included here. But either way, this segment doubles down on DEFCon fall out briefly mentioned earlier, as well as covering Batts return to the main roster as Jack Mace makes a run for the BRAZEN title down there. My critique aside, this is a solid segment giving needed information and teasing toward the night's main.

DAMAGE DONE
    The undefeated Comments Section have taken issue with the DEFCon maimed Gulf Coast Connection over their internet popularity. The Comments section have definitely been entertaining since arriving in DEFIANCE and given their gimmick this seems like good enough of a reason to get into it with GCC than any. The segment kind flounders out at the end but it serves it?s purpose and I?m interested to see what CS has up their virtual sleeve in the coming weeks.

"SUB POP" SCOTT DOUGLAS vs. SCROW.
    Wrote this with Scott R. He did the heavy lifting here on the action.

TAKING THE FIST ON THE ROAD
    Stevens now sells LaCroix and he has a point that in general George can handle himself. Steven?s says he?s taking the FIST on the road. No clue what that means but I?m sure we'll find out. Quick segment. Interesting.

MY TIME(LINE)
    Blackwood is pissy, as normal. He touches on defeating Vacio after vacating his own BRAZEN title to get the SoHer shot. He?s given up on trying to gain the respect of the ungrateful and ignorant. What does that mean moving forward? We aren?t really told other than we are going to have to wait. Blackwood holds all the cards now. I really liked the DDK/Lance stuff in the beginning, Lance mentioning that he had gotten to know Blackwood well in his early year here in DEF and the differences between Gage then and now. (forever)

ANIMAL CROSSING
    Quick segment but it certainly serves its purpose. Jamie Sawyers wants to know why the Fuse Bro?s popped up in the audience during Scott Douglas v. Scrow but they aren?t keen to give him any answers. I?m sure time will tell.

SWEET SUITE PARTY SERIES 3
    In the third and final view into the Sweet Suite Shenanigans, the guards are restless. ?What is Mikey Money anyway?? LT pops up and after a quick lesson in economics and some jokes later she is granted access. ?Mikey Money is legitimate! SHHHHHHH The Strippees!? LT drops some needed exposition on Mikey and makes it clear she wants back what she never should have lost. And she runs off the strippees ? which is the real crime here. After a scuffle, intimidation and a visit from the real security, LT leaves but she?s made it very clear to Mikey that she?ll get her shot at the belt come hell high water.

Solid three segments spanning the show, really moves along everything surrounding the FIST and shows Mikey?s reign possibly in peril just as it starts. Between the returning Troy and the ACE ? it?s not looking like the retired life cake walk he was planning for.

THE SKY HIGH TITANS ? v. OSCAR BURNS & "BANTAM" RYAN BATTS
    Super solid match here with a good length for the main event. The Tag Champs pull out the victory here but this moves along more than one arc pretty flawlessly at the same time. PCP watch along from backstage(sort of,) we don?t do that very much here so I liked that. With their interest after turning down the match earlier in the night, we have to assume that is building. All the while Burns? fall from grace doesn?t seem to have a bottom just yet. Elise?s ?Poors!? is well placed the last time we check in with PCP and we close our the show with the newly formed tag team retaining their titles.

Good show. No big complaints from me. Great job everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  UncutSplash-Scrow.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  84.1 KB
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheDefiantTorch/
    also on Twitter
    #TheDefiantNews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheDefiantTorch/or on twitter at #TheDefiantNews

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheDefiantTorch/or on twitter at #TheDefiantNews

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The show was good.
    GOOGLE DOCS ID: dbrunk01@gmail.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBrunkGXW View Post
    The show was good.
    hey! Thanks, Brunk! Happy belated btw!!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BWade View Post
    hey! Thanks, Brunk! Happy belated btw!!
    Hey thanks, buddy.
    GOOGLE DOCS ID: dbrunk01@gmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread Information