User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DEFRoad ARC FEEDBACK

NEW CHALLENGER
    Solid PCP banter in here. The D easily wins line of the segment with the tag team gag. Harvey plays fighting his frustration well. Some of a dialogue from both parties was a little bit long winded here and if DDK hadn’t summed this up - I may have been as long as Angus. Well, I knew it had nothing to do with Tide Pods but you know what I mean. Some of these opening segments tend to go on for far too long and this one did not so I liked that. Overall solid segment. The heel arguing for real wrestling verses the clowning of sport entertainment from the faces is an interesting dynamic for DEF also.

TOTES MCGLOATS
    I really didn’t want two talking segment back to back… but I didn’t have many other options. So, it is what it is. That has nothing to do with this segment just a note while I’m thinking about it. Seth has been killing it with all the BRAZEN stuff and if you guys have missed it be sure to go back and check out the BRAZEN RISE gimmick on UNCUT. This was a solid segment continues and gets us quickly to Theo/Cole II. No complaints here.

THEO/COLE II
    Good match here, selling Cole’s growth and Theo’s brutal power. Angus has some great stuff in here, “My water didn’t even shake.” Plus all the Opie stuff. I think the post match attack can almost be assumed but I wasn’t expecting Thugs 4 Hire to run in for the save. Sets up the PPV perfectly - great stuff.

HIGH HOPES
    Wrote it.

ALECZANDER vs. ELISE ARES
    Don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned it in previous feedbacks but Queen of Sports Entertainment Style is genius. Aleczander is a great pick and the lead up to his announcement was done very well - I wonder if we were watching this though if it wouldn’t have been better with Elise already in the ring so that we could see her reaction. Ala Owen Hart when Undertaker music hits. (atomicdropcast.com) That aside, well done. Elise is able to topple the big man here, sort of. I like the reusing the chair trick and Angus pointing it out. Harvey coming to the ring to argue with Carla is also a nice little piece of fall out as well. Solid segment moving this feud forward.

THE TOYBOX vs. BARRIO BOYS
    BRAZEN gets a gang of airtime these days. I dig it - between the Uncut stuff and plenty of usage on the main show, it certainly makes it feel more real. Again, nothing to really do with this segment but that’s when I thought about it. Great use of commercial, Barrio Boys already in the ring and you know what that means … I’d avoid Angus accurately calling the match though. Not that he isn’t capable - just not his style. He’s more or less the blurt out obscenities and insults guy. He knows who he doesn’t like and he knows who he does … and has NO issue pushing those opinions. Like his last line that’s more Angus, IMO. Other then that a well written match although the formatting was a little different. Good pacing and solid action putting over the female side of the Toybox trio and heels doing some heel stuff is always good.

DEFROAD MATCH?
    Quick little post match deal here but it serves it’s purpose and although it’s obvious who was going to come out and even the odds … I still somehow blanked on it for a second, wondering who’s music is that .. and with Quell going unused on the main show (best I can remember) the entire time I’ve been in DEFIANCE, I think the Faithful would have had the same experierance making the impact of her arrival even more exciting. Good stuff. Commentary wise, the little bit that is in here - flip who said what and it’s nearly perfect imo.

RDR: OUTLAW RULES
    Always love a good Fuse Brothers promo. I don’t know if it has always been this way or if you reading long enough I’ve picked up on it but Connor is equal parts Rainman and D’Lo Brown. Which is great stuff in this segment. Tyler has the patience of a god (thats a saying right? Idk he is very patient with Connor.) My memory is terrible but I feel like Connor’s near nervous breakdown has been slowly amping up as their time in DEFIANCE goes on. Either way - solid segment.

TYLER v. GEORGE
    We get a no match here but all in all I think it works. As commentary points out the Steven’s Bros already got what they want so why waste time wrestling now - just beat the shit out of thier soon to be opponents and soften them up for the big show.

DOUGLAS v. HARMEN
    Wrote with Tom.

AFTERMATH
    Same.

THE AWNSER
    Great work from Scott, I was involved I’ll abstain.

ELISE v. HARVEY
    So Elise picks herself … it was never said she couldn’t. Good shit, the double music is a nice touch. This makes Elise look strong and a credible threat going into the pay per view but also reminds everyone live by the fake DQ die by the fake DQ. Just when Elise thinks she has it all figured out, Harvey finds a way to outsmart her.

OVERALL
    Good show but WAY TOO many in rings! Almost every match has a in ring to set it up or to book the next match. Hell, I did it too - so in the future we are going to watching that a little more and maybe have to request some change there setting. Not to mention … not EVERYTHING has to be set up on the show. Matches can be announced during the Rundown… but when ⅔ of the show is impromptu matches … there isn’t much for the guys to even talk about in the rundown. So bare that in mind as we move forward. Also almost all DQs or no contest - which go home, I get you wanna build heat for the blow off. Great effort from everyone once again and if you are reading this: WRITE feedback! If I can write two angles, do all the staff things I have to do, record and release The AWARD show watching Atomicdropcast.com (plug) and write this then what is your excuse?!

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEW CHALLENGER
    Awaiting Beef

TOTES MCGLOATS

Awaiting Beef

THEO/COLE II
    Awaiting Beef

HIGH HOPES
    Kerry showing what kind of man he is and not wanting his win at 107 to end that way. So he tries to challenge Hightower again, but Jamie buds in wanting to make that match himself. This clearly looks like it may not end well for Jamie once Hightower finds out. Kerry Kokomo nice line there lol

ALECZANDER vs. ELISE ARES
    Awaiting Beef

THE TOYBOX vs. BARRIO BOYS
    Enjoy

DEFROAD MATCH?
    Enjoy

RDR: OUTLAW RULES
    Awaiting Beef

TYLER v. GEORGE
    Awaiting Beef

DOUGLAS v. HARMEN
    Awaiting Beef

AFTERMATH
    Awaiting Beef

THE AWNSER
    Awaiting Beef

ELISE v. HARVEY
    Awaiting Beef

More in depth beef will be made WHEN you beef.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baf vs Wrestlefriends
    Having gone over the match once more. I see alot of Burns in Mace and Bats. Quite technical and flowed pretty well. Riding the momentum carries The WrestleFriends to another victory. See how this team fairs in the future.

LEVI COLE & THUGS FOR HIRE vs. NJNP
    More so a fan of Levi than Theo and company. T4H are up there for me the match was well put together and I was entertained throughout it. Levi/Theo I feel still have alot of unfinished business between the two left.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION: ATTENTION
    Awaiting Beef

KERRY KUROYAMA vs DAVID HIGHTOWER
    During the match I was just waiting for Jamie to make his appearance. Kerry tried to make the match work at his pace. Eventually it did not go as planned. Hightower manages to strike blood. When Jamie finally came out ai was rather disappointed kind of expected a bit more involvement in this match. It also would be nice to see a segment before this on what Hightower felt about Jamie making his decisions for him to face Kerry again at Def Road

THE TOYBOX vs. GAGE BLACKWOOD, MUSHIGAHARA & VIRGINIA QUELL
    Stories I tried to play out here
    Mushigihara - The equalizer, kind of went a bit DX/Nation style here with the forklift blocking the door. But then I remembered Road Dog accidently opened the door when he wasnt suppose to lol. So went to bizzaro land and pulled out them cementing the door to the frame. TBH I doubt it would of held much.
    Wyn/Quell - We knew from the start this was going to be a tag match so we quickly found a way to take them out
    Blackwood - We tried to keep Gage as the never die never quit babyface - hopefully it came off that way

WRESTLEFRIENDS, ASSEM... NO, CONGREGATE, NO... GATHER... NO…
    Brief introduction, and some goals for the Tag Team. With a accidental slip of the tongue. Who could the mystery man be???

FUSE BROS (c) vs THE STEVENS FAMILY
    Nice write up
    Awaiting Beef

ACT VIII: THE RARE DEFCON COIN
    I did realize a minor mistake in a time lapse at the beginning since this did not show until well after their match...Other than that Enjoy

THE JAY HARVEY ? vs. ELISE ARES
    Nice write up
    Awaiting Beef

SCOTT STEVENS (c) vs. SCOTT DOUGLAS with GUEST REFEREE JACK HARMEN
    This turned into a giant clusterfuck. I got the vibe here that Harmen looked to be slowly turning face here. Or maybe he was just trying to be impartial. Tbh the trash in the ring concept has run its course, it is used WAY to much now. Where was Harvey in all this? The return of the two seem to not really have much of impact on the match and just kind of took the attention from it. Which is good for what it was meant to be. George/Bo/Kerry getting involved, got me a bit lost considering the returning stars were back fighting and their seemed to be no interaction between them. Guess it was hard to picture all the commotion going on the stage. In the end it was a wild main event, and has me wondering what Jack whispered to Stevens at the end...seeds for DEFCON?

OVERALL:
    Decent show, must admit most of the wrestlers I never followed throughout the Arc. So reading their respective matches was like trying to put together a puzzle that was missing pieces. Example last I saw Harmen and Stevens they seemed buddy buddy...but at the the main event tonight they seemed at odds with one another. Granted i’ll probably have a better understanding when Tom/Brain do radio for the arc. So I can go back and read everything Harmen did this arc for a better understanding of why Harmen acted the way he did in this match.

SIDENOTE:
    Frankly I am starting to get to the mindset of if ur character is truly over you should be beefing every card for the faithful to respond as such.
    Handler = Faithful Fan - if a fan doesn’t give their thoughts on the product, either they never watched it or could care less.
    Wrestler = Your character
    Just something I have been thinking about as of late...mindless rant

More in depth beef will be made WHEN you beef.
    Last edited by CrimsonScott; 09-29-18 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Updating Beef

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brutal Attack Force vs WrestleFriends
    This was mainly to intro WrestleFriends on the main roster following the BRAZEN RISE tag League win. Had fun doing it

This was mainly something I did for fun when I actually wrote the RISE Tag League in like a week on my phone, haha. Had fun this arc with it and the BRAZEN world building has been a lot of fun.

This was a fun little segment. I'm wondering if this could somehow lead to a heel turn down the line by Tyler. But the Fuse-o's roll on in the meantime!

Way to go, Keurig! Fun back and forth match and liked that this built up more of the BRAZEN guys in a fun David Kerry vs David Goliath story.

Side note, I really miss Mikey and the combo of Sawyers/Hightower. Come back, Mikey!

ARRIVAL
    Freddy Foreshadowing!

ToyBox pulling out the old forklift gag to neutralize Mushigihara was great and this did a good job of combining two separate feuds into one. WynLyn as a member of the ToyBox works for me and this was a nice win for them to hopefully get them back into the Tag Title mix.

Also on that note... I really would like to see Mushi and Gage go singles, I think. I feel like they've been treading water a little bit (though that said, this feud has been funny, which is always good for me). But I feel like they are both meant for singles glory.

Freddy Foreshadowing strikes again! (Third member will be obvious later).

This match was fucking aces and my personal favorite match of the night. The Tornado Rules stip was used greatly and this did a great job of getting both teams over really well, maming Stevens Family look good. I was a tiny bit surprised the Fuse Bros won, but they totally work as the longstanding workhorses of the Tag Divison.

This was hilarious, haha. Angus's reaction to the hilarious absurdity was priceless. I'm not even going to ask questions because I'm not. So there.

THE JAY HARVEY (c) vs. ELISE ARES
    I liked this. Classic Babyface/heel story and again, slightly shocked that THE Jay Harvey came out with the win, but the return of Catalina played well into the stip. I honestly thought it was leaving a door wide open for a fuckton of run-ins, but glad that it didn't. I don't see this being the end of things.

Reading this one, I agree that it was very clusterfucky. Harmen's entire manipulation of the main event was fun, but looking back, I will say I felt like there were a lot of different ideas going on at one time and at points, took away from the action inside. I would have liked this as more of a simple formula of Douglas trying his best to overcome Stevens's viciousness and Harmen as the ref. That said, Stevens is a C U Next Tuesday, but I'm really interested to see what becomes of Harmen.
    Team HOSS - DEFIANCE
    The Heirs of Wrestling, Sarah Winterton, Jeremy Ryan - jOlt Wrestling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baf vs Wrestlefriends
    Good intro and a fun match to introduce the BRAZEN tag tournament winners

Fun match. Loving the BRAZEN brand being developed.

Nice buildup for the Tag Title Match and maybe planting the seeds for a breakup down the road.

Another fun read.

Glad ToyBox went over because I’d like to see them as a true threat in the tag division and not just a comedy act, etc. They have untapped potential and this could be the beginning to tag gold and possibly trios gold if they dust them off anytime soon. Loved the forklift spot to isolate Mushi.

Fun segment and it’s good to have goals…even unreachable ones. Lol.

Match of the Night. Roland knocked it out of the park.

Angus is gold!

THE JAY HARVEY vs. ELISE ARES
    Enjoyed the match. Classic heel/face match. Surprised that Harvey went over but if Elise and Harvey feud next arc I can see her taking it then.

Got to give Brian all the credit. Dude is a phenomenal writer. Wrote a parts of it and he went over it and made it sound even better. Kudos. Sure the match was a cluster fuck and that was the point. It showcased the return of Burns and Crimson Lord but more importantly it solidified the story of Jack Harmen playing Stevens like a fool as he had been manipulating the FIST of DEFIANCE throughout the entire arc. How else do you expect Stevens to react when his ace in the hole is cock blocking him at every turn. Sure it may have been a cluster but it ended one story and propelled a shit ton more.
    Twitter: @SurviveTheSting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baf vs Wrestlefriends
    Good intro and a fun match to introduce the BRAZEN tag tournament winners

Fun match. Loving the BRAZEN brand being developed.

Nice buildup for the Tag Title Match and maybe planting the seeds for a breakup down the road.

Another fun read.

Glad ToyBox went over because I?d like to see them as a true threat in the tag division and not just a comedy act, etc. They have untapped potential and this could be the beginning to tag gold and possibly trios gold if they dust them off anytime soon. Loved the forklift spot to isolate Mushi.

WRESTLEFRIENDS, ASSEM... NO, CONGREGATE, NO... GATHER... NO?
    Fun segment and it?s good to have goals?even unreachable ones. Lol.

Match of the Night. Roland knocked it out of the park.

Angus is gold!

THE JAY HARVEY vs. ELISE ARES
    Enjoyed the match. Classic heel/face match. Surprised that Harvey went over but if Elise and Harvey feud next arc I can see her taking it then.

Got to give Brian all the credit. Dude is a phenomenal writer. Wrote a parts of it and he went over it and made it sound even better. Kudos. Sure the match was a cluster fuck and that was the point. It showcased the return of Burns and Crimson Lord but more importantly it solidified the story of Jack Harmen playing Stevens like a fool as he had been manipulating the FIST of DEFIANCE throughout the entire arc. How else do you expect Stevens to react when his ace in the hole is cock blocking him at every turn. Sure it may have been a cluster but it ended one story and propelled a shit ton more.
    Twitter: @SurviveTheSting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WRESTLEFRIENDS vs. BRUTAL ATTACK FORCE

My first opportunity to say that I really enjoy Wrestlefriends being a goofy tag that will hit every style of wrestling that someone will surely enjoy. This match was everything an opener should be, so people should take notes. It has a very good sense of wrestling style and how the two styles play off of each other, which I appreciate. Without being horribly familiar with either team (I've seen them both sparringly in different formats), I felt as if I had a good idea of who they were at the end. Also the match didn't try to do too much, and got both teams over for their purpose.

REGULATORRRRS, mount up. I know Baylor and Cole a lot better than everyone else in the match, and honestly that made this match a little difficult for me to follow. I found myself scrolling up to the entrances to remember who was on which team which broke the flow of the match, but that's more on me than you. That being said while I feel this match didn't really identify styles as well as the match before (which may be because they have similar styles?), I felt it made up for it by building a real sense of heat and some big fun spots. I have trouble naming spots by name after the first match, but I remember the ribs stand and the huge belly-to-back off the top of my head.

Typically a fan of the FUSE Bros. but this segment fell a little flat for me. Had a typo smack me in the face pretty early, and the rest of this felt kind of thrown together and rushed (which if I remember correctly, it was, right?). Almost a segment for the sake of having a segment. The only thing we learned at the end is that they know their opponents and think they have a weakness. Should be implied I believe, hope this ties into the match better than I anticipate.

Have I mentioned that I love The Pacific Blitzkrieg as a nickname? Because I do. You've always written a ton of commentary in your matches and this match strikes me as moreso than normal, which I think makes you a vastly better writer of DDK/Angus than I am. Commentary is something I feel like I struggle with but I also feel like having almost no blocks of texts in this match takes me out of the action a lot. Not sure if that was intended here, but it feels a ton more noticeable in this match for whatever reason. Beyond that I enjoyed the match a lot. Dug the suicide line and spot, with Sawyers eating the slide. Loved the "NO F***ING WAY" ending. Might be my favorite kind of ending where someone does something unimaginable to win. Well done, sir!

ARRIVAL

Well an ambulance is here.

AWAITING BEEF... just kidding. Liked the toybox during the entrance, didn't like the Vikings line too much. I remember Angus being a big fan of Viking War Cult so it's a bit OOC for him to run them down. I really liked the wrestling psychology of this match. The isolated man getting a ton of crowd support while the villains make quick tags and stay fresh, along with Jestel telling Gage NOT to tap, because he'd rather break the arm. That being said sometimes you over explain things. If something is implied, you don't need to tell us it's implied, we can figure that out. Also things like Angus saying "Just give up! You clearly are no match for the wrestling skill of The Mad Prince!" feels like it's straight out of an English dub of an anime. I recommend reading Brian's commentary to get a really great feel for Angus and how he should talk and react. Loved the big conquering monster coming out at the end, was excited for some HOSS SPOTS but the ending fell a bit flat for me. I feel it generated a good amount of heat though which I hope was the intention, and I moreso hope this may be setting something up between Gage and Mushi.

WRESTLEFRIENDS, ASSEM... NO, CONGREGATE, NO... GATHER... NO...

I think poor Lance is going to have to file for Worker's Compensation after that shot from Mace. I feel similar about this segment as I did about the FUSE Bros segment earlier in the show, but I also feel this appears to be leading up to something bigger later in the card and is telegraphed a bit better. A shot out of nowhere at The Occupation? A THIRD WrestleFriend? Hmmmm.

FUSE BROS ? vs THE STEVENS FAMILY

Love the idea of a tornado tag, it's something rarely seen in both real wrestling and eWrestling, but even before I read the match my first thought was how much of a bitch this match was going to be to write well. This was chaos, stuff was happening all over the place, and it was super nice to see the Adidas Backpack come into play, justifying the segment earlier in the night. Well done. Labeling the mushrooms as legal is always good for a laugh from me, and with all the false finishes this was very well done. You accomplished what I probably couldn't, sir.

Yeah, so then this happened, haha. Somewhere backstage I picture Klein trying to faceplant himself as many times as he possibly can before the end of the night in hopes of getting a coin from the Game Master. I do very much enjoy the intrigue of The Toybox having a coin they can use to take a shot at any title they choose, I think I just would've preferred having another intrigue of having a match for it to see who'd end up with it in the first place instead of it beind handed to them.

THE JAY HARVEY ? vs. ELISE ARES

Will did most of the heavy lifting for this, I just helped some up with an outline and an idea that Will kinda followed. Sorta. Haha

IN DISTRESS

Ambulance on fire. Doors kicked off. Something has to be coming during the main event, right?

SCOTT STEVENS ? vs. SCOTT DOUGLAS with GUEST REFEREE JACK HARMEN
    Regret not making a GORRAM count tonight. I liked the intro to give this a real "big match" feel, and also enjoyed Scott Stevens having a special championship entrance. Everyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for that. I also enjoyed how the SOHER and FIST had similar introductions, continuity FTW. This match didn't feel as bad for going in and out of the action as the Kerry one did earlier for whatever reason, so that's good. A lot happening here with the returns of Oscar Burns and Crimson Lord, the Stevens' brothers putting Kerry through a table, and some surprising push-back from Jack Harmen. I felt like we didn't get the definitive ending we wanted, but the pulse of DEFIANCE was heightened significantly, which is fantastic. We have some returning bigger names, some crossing storylines, and a somehow more hatable heel at the top. I really dug it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information