login  |  Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DEFCON Arc Discussion/Feedback thread - DEFtv 85 is LIVE!!

Uncut 24

Nice solid show. Liked Angus getting pissed off that Keebs was on his show!

Quest for a partner:
    first time i've come across this character in the last few weeks (i'm still pretty new to this game) but I'm into Aleczander the great. Like segs like this that give the viewer a bit of an inside look behind the scenes at DEFIANCE. Nice use of Brexit (in a negative way, obvs, still pisses me off!) Still no partner for Alexzander though...

Man Seeking Woman:
    Best thing I've ever read. Love Klein More Klein segs please. Even better, I hope to see another seg from klein responding to some poor soul who answered his ad! Run with it Ford!

The Hungover:
    I miss doing segs with PCP, this was great. Skidd is recovering from a PCP party and Elise gives him the low down on what happened the night before. Nice use of lessons learned from Elise to Skidd regarding her history with Mikey and Kendrix and how it's similar to the way his bros walked out on him. Will Skidd officially become a member of PCP?

Stories we tell ourselves/the realities we fear:
    Bravo, these were written so well. Loving what I'm seeing with the background into this feud from years ago. That Jessica is a psycho! Two parts to every story and the latter seg clears up Jessica's serious claims re scott in the first seg. Awesome storytelling guys.

Days Gone By Part 2
    Same with this as above. I'm totally sold on this and eager to learn more about this story and how we've got to the stage we are at in the present day. Impulse is trying to work out how its come to this and these memories of his further this story big time.

Awesome work guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open: Not my favorite of the opening segs that we have had recently but that isn't a slight on the work seen here. Good use of the set to set the tone for the night. SoHer Feud is hot right now albeit a tad confusing for my likening.

Rundown: Bit of a short one this week does a good job hyping the Main Event but not much else on the show.

Crimson Lord: Nice debut. Short and to the point. Let's see what develops.

Digits/Burns: Pretty hot feud. Interested in what the stipulation will be, which hypes the next DEFtv which is awesome. Well done here. Don't really understand the Burns character other than white meat face - maybe explore him a bit via some Uncut stuff?

Fisherman/Flynn: Parts confused and parts intrigued makes a good storyline. Wanna know more and I wanna know it now! Was this planned? Is Flynn still with his guys? What's up?!

Rock Pop: Billy and Tom did the heavy lifting this week. Thanks guys.

NJNP: NJNP look awesome. Very Nation of Domination to me. I love riding their sets these past few weeks. But I want to know more about their behind the scene stuff. Let's build these baddies shall we. Could see these guys factoring heavy into the tag division over the next few months.

Seeing Red: dope song by Unwritten Law. Good see here. Liked Levi Cole - came off well. Reaper doing Reaper stuff. Announcers written well.

Sorry: I had reservations about Mushi being thrust into the ME picture right away upon the return but he serves as a good foil to the traditional story between and Kendrix. I'm hoping Eddie is involved in the finish of this match somehow.
    Good segment, did seem a tad long but I'm never holding length against anyone.

Rock and Pop Match: I did some of the beginning and then Billy did the rest. Good work. Just wanted to show the team work between the new partners before we move into go home show time.

Madly: Cayle face goodness.

Jamie Swayers: the mark out that will happen when gage finally hits that brainbuster is unreal. Swayers has a good vehicle for heat. Can't wait for him to unleash it more.

JFK vs Masky: Good match and length. Liked the submission finish. Like the angle with JFK fighting Brazen talent. Good story to tell IMO. Kendrix primed for the ME run.

Pickle: please book Crimson Lord vs Mushi now? This is the kind of set that takes me out of this feud though. Mushi gets shine galore since his return and tsk sort of pushes it too much over the top to me. I understand trying to get the character shine heading into the big match up but laying out all his enemies in this manner just didn't feel "right" to me for some reason.

Main Event: Cally's custom blurb feels very forced this week. These are great when they aren't so wordy and shoehorned. Match is good. Pacing was exceptional I thought. Multi man matches can be a bit tricky. Good work.

Post ME: Good use of Evans. Box as SOHER?! Could be a shot in the arm for the title and the division. Lots of good feuds and stories for that man. Or it makes one of the others. I dig it.
    Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Late this go ‘round but here it is.

COLDER OPEN
    Wrote with Pete, Justin and Evan

RUNDOWN
    Down it ran. Quick and to the point. Highlighted the Main Event and done. Not the norm but with a card this size why not get directly into the action.

CRIMSON LORD v JAGGER BOMBASTICO/INTRO
    Debut action. Super quick squash-match. “... a impressive sequence of moves!” reminded me of Vince’s old commentary. This jumps right into an in ring and Crimson Lord lets the people know what is up. Given the length. these two could have been all in one segment but function fine this way as well. Not a bad way to make a first impression and starts the show off with some solid brutality and mission statement. Interested to see more.

HOW ABOUT NOW?
    Love the use of the word advert. Does DEFIANCE have commercials though? I guess it depends whether you have Hulu or Hulu Plus. Solid commentary, imo you’ve got DDK and Angus’ voices down. I’m intrigued by the dialogue, especially things like “Rattle your dags” which in context I sort of understood but had to looks it up to be sure. This ran a little long and I had to double back to get the stipulations straight but overall good segment moving these two forward.

FLYNN TURNER v FISHMAN DELUXE
    More debut action. Thought this would be another squash but no, Fishman pulls one over on the debuting Turner. Nice twist. Ace isn’t too happy, sicking Hoyt on the Fishman. Solid match with some good heat grabbing follow though.

THE ROCK AND POP CONNECTION
    Solid segment. Felt like some of the Klein stuff lingered a little long but all in all good stuff. This shows a lot of detail for the odd couple dynamic and also more PCP hijinks. Something tells me Skidd Row screws over Elise in the end.

NO JUSTICE, NO PEACE v THE BARRIO BOYS
    Someone, maybe Jason, mentioned NJNP felt like the Nation, which I can see with the staging. But that really hit home when I had a flash memory of Los Boricuas. Solid match. NJNP looking super dominant and the commentary really sells that. “A kerfuffle!” The run in made this feel a little long but given it was story, no real harm there. Good stuff, interested to see where all this goes.

SEEING RED

Helped on this.

OPEN CHALLENGES ARE FOR SILLYMEN/MUSHIGIHARA v. JACK HUNTER/ITS TOO LATE TO SAY SORRY
    What is there to say really? The Superbest. Nuff said. Well this should be a murder scene. And it was. Mushi is a beast. Sillymania is dead. Long live Sillymania. Eddie Dante is fairly unlikeable. The first 2/3s of this go by pretty quickly. The latter not so much. Still solid stuff. Kendrix is obnoxious as ever. Mushi says OSU. And Cayle with the match making. Big set up for DEFCON. I do feel though these segments are always anti-climatic. Post the announcement they just peter off. Nothing against the writers on this one in particular, just nature of the beast. The main even has the same thing going on and I was involved in that one so. It’s less the writing and more this particular wrestling trope. That being said I dug it and can’t wait to see the conclusion and what kind of funny business might take place in the interim.

THE ROCK & POP CONNECTION v ACX
    Quick match. Interesting finish kind of highlighting the heel/face team of Elise and Skidd. Good length too IMO, quick read. The D’s displeasure is a nice touch and probably my favorite part of this story so far. Rather than forgetting him in the background he is continually pissy at whats going on. Very PCP to the Bruvs kinda thing going on.

MASKY
    “and neither do you, American.” No at all. Great line though. Nice quick segment with some solid humor in there. Will Cayle’s advice be enough to give Merty the edge? Doubtful but this adds some interest in the match.

HIGHTOWER v GAGE BLACKWOOD
    Even more debut action. DEBUTcon. Solid match. Sawyers is weird but interesting. The anti-bully bully is strangely compelling. Like a petulant child that just learned to lie for the first time. You want to correct the action but also stand back and see how far he can take it. Hightower comes off strong and Blackwood resilient.

IT’S COMING
    I forgot about inter-promotional commercials. That usurps the Hulu/Hulu Plus question.

JFK v MASKY/BIT OF A PICKLE

Solid match. Assumed Kendrix would take the win to build steam toward the ppv but the cut offs and hope spots were well written. Similar to the last match, Kendrix wins but the BRAZEN mini mushi man still looked very strong. Kendrix showings a little bit of a dark side, not letting go. Cayle to the rescue, could this be a preview to DEFCON. Of course not, the slippery heel gets the hell out of Dodge. Assumed Mushi would come out but didn’t think JFK would get as Angus puts it “fuckin’ fucked! FUCK!” This would have been a great “copyright.” ending. Given the lineup it’s clear why it isn’t but man that was a stellar piece of fall out. Great stuff.

BOX/HOFFMAN/PRIME v. IMPULSE/DOUGLAS/COLE/AND THEN THE WARGOD
    Wrote with Justin, Pete and Evan. Hope you dig it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colder Open alright, Two complaints, one pretty major, which is I just didn’t get it to be quite honest. The opening where they’re all saying their names… OK, I understand they’re all saying first names, but Terry wasn’t in the room when the others were talking to each other, so how would he know him walking in and saying his own name would make any sense? Also. a ‘nearly a minute’ of two guys beating on another two is a long ass time. It does make me question where the hell were DEFsec, because they’d usually be a lot hotter on breaking something up after seconds rather than that length of time. Also, if this was a minute of beatdown on TV that would get old real fast. Just saying.

Real light on the run down. We’ve got previously hyped debuts tonight. No mention of them. Just the top feuds.

Quick and dirty debut from Crimson Lord. I complained about oversaturation when it comes to new characters last week with too many segments close together, but this match and segment back to back work because they’re both in the ring. Interesting use of a replay. It’s not something done that often because of the nature of e-fedding, but it didn’t feel out of place.

I like Oscar Burns. He comes across as a clean cut babyface, but I can tell there’s gonna be an edge under there somewhere. Danny Diggs’s nods to Angus flesh out BRAZEN and keep continuity up that Angus has a lot to do with what’s going on there. I’m interested to see where this whole ‘winner picks the stipulation’ thing goes. I’m not the biggest fan of 50/50 booking, but this story (like most in ewrestling) lends itself to one guy picking the stipulation, which will probably be Diggs, and then Burns winning the match despite the ‘advantage’ Diggs had. If that’s the way it’s going I’d probably have found another way for the two to work out a way to pick the stip rather than a match between them, but I might be wrong and it’s going another way I haven’t seen.

The PCP/Skidd Row segment fell a bit flat for me. I didn’t enjoy it as much as the segments from the last show, and I think that’s because of the comedy in it. First of the Cowboy Luchador from last week seemed like he’d be an intriguing character going forwards. This week he’s a doofus comedy prop. My interest there has dropped right off for a start. I get the relevance of having him there when it’s hammered home half way through the segment, but the costume he’s wearing seemed like random for random sake. Same deal with the YouTube video at the end. I don’t like random for random sake and that’s really all I got from this segment.

Decent trios match here. I got a little lost at a couple of moments, but that’s always been the case for me and trios matches. I liked the heels showing ass at the end, but in my mind there should always be the same number of faces to run off the heels, not one more. Numbers advantages should go to the heels, not the faces in my book.

A couple of erroneous punctuation marks in this one stood out like a comma at the start of Christie’s opening speech and a semi-colon at the end of it. Much better response times from DEFsec here. Just compounds why they didn’t respond in the first segment though.

A few segments in a row to set up the main event at the biggest show of the year is fine by me. I saw this match coming from the way the main event of the last show ended, but it’s not unwelcome. Triple Threats are my favourite matches to both read and write, so I’m looking forward to the main event. Shame Kendrix didn’t call anyone a bellend this week though.

Decent tag team match and a great example of how the summary format for matches can work really well. This didn’t need a move by move account of what’s going on and mentioned the important parts. ACX seemed to work the match as heels though, and they’re listed on the site as a face team, so that didn’t quite feel right. I know they needed to work as heels, but I can’t help but feel when the tag division is so thin on face teams there could have been a better team out there if the cheating and cheap shots were a thing that needed to happen for the story. I also think more should have been made by the commentators after the match about Skidd Row having hold of the tights to pick up the pin.

I like this whole thing with Cayle being the go to guy for advice from the lower card guys. I still want that special kind of edge to be a bit clearer to set him apart from other characters we’ve had in the past though.

David Hightower and Jamie Sawyers and Charlie Ace’s guys have so far been very similar. I think if things don’t start differentiating soon we’ll have to get together and look at where we want to get to. I’m open to changing my story if we’ve managed to book something similar to each other for the next few arcs.

I was really expecting Mushi to cost Kendrix the match against MDM4. I’m a little disappointed that didn’t happen as well. That would have been a good measure of revenge for last week and would have added a bit more heat between the two heels in the triple threat. I liked where this went though, and I’m a big fan of Mushi standing tall to end it, because he is arguably the weakest character going into the triple threat having just returned to DEFIANCE.

Good main event match and we have a SoHer title match set for the PPV. There are a lot of bodies around that belt at the moment, so the 4 way makes sense, but does that mean we won’t be having any singles matches for titles at the PPV? Seems a bit of a strange booking decision for the biggest show of the year.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEFtv 88 is UP.

BOOM.
    GOOGLE DOCS ID: dbrunk01@gmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opening: Always a fan of a good oven joke, well done.

Impulse vs. Reaper: Seems a bit odd to be giving this away on “free” TV to me. Reaper cuts a promo about how long she’s been waiting for this, and while it’s had a good build up - the first time they mingle one on one could’ve been a very cool PPV moment. Okay, ignore that I guess. Match is ruined on account of WARGOD. Kelly Evans lets Bronson off very light in this one, typical I would say - but it shows some inconsistency to me. Let’s see what happens later. This whole feud is one of the hottest heading into DEF, if not also a little confusing/drawn out.

Tornado: This was a good segment. JFK is one of my favorites right now, just a total sleezeball. Stevie does it well. Good writing here of the action as well, made me really feel like I was watching. Didn’t really care for the translation bit of Mushi’s OSU.

Storyline Purposes: Have an idea that I wanna put together. First part of that. Hopefully people enjoyed/are interested.

Trust: I’ve got a feeling this is building somewhere good. Strange things are a’foot with Dan Ryan, and I’m not sure of his role. Hopefully the pay off here is worth this level of intrigue. Well written segment.

Lord vs. Floyd: Typical squash match. Trying to get CL over. Good stuff in that regard. Can’t wait for a really physical match with someone on the roster. Should be good.

Dejection: Unsure where Charlie Ace is headed, but he seems to be a worthwhile character. Just need to see a little more of his plan so it makes sense to us. Hopefully something planned for DEFCON.

Diggs/Burns & Weak AF: So I kinda wanna see Diggs get his shit packed in, so good job of hyping that up but Burns just seems so blahhhhh to me. This feud is pretty good, but I think the One Sided DQ stipulation is just like the segment’s name. It gives the face almost too much to battle back from, if that makes sense.

Hightower vs. Butcher: All these BRAZEN gents just not waiting for the bell! Someone needs to teach them some manners. Good match to get Hightower over as the HOSS he is. Similar to me to the Crimson Lord match - wonder when they’ll cross paths.

Bullyshit: Great seg name. Good work from Jamie Swayers, love that revamp of the character. Another match with some good hype and heat heading into DEFCON.

Change: I wrote. Thought that there might be more added to it but I think it’s a good little segment.

Bastards vs. PCP: Well hope you all enjoyed that. And hopefully we kept enough people guessing. Let us know? Thanks.

She Needs: Little seg that follows the Tag Match nicely.

Two: Good segment. Still think the same on Ace, but I love the inclusion of others on the roster into this storyline. Makes for some entertaining segments. Funny that I had Slaw/Haynes talking about dice, and No Justice No Peace playing the 3 Card. Might have to do something with that in the future.

Douglas vs. Hoffman: Good match, I thought I was gonna be tired of Cally but her inclusion does a good job of setting up the finish. Nice work.

Eric/JFK: Feels like a face turn moment almost from JFK. What is going on?! We shall see. Loved seeing these two together.

Kid: Nice ME hype seg. Liking Masky more and more.

ME: Good way of putting over the heel heading into the PPV. Cayle has much to fight back from here. Good work on this ME feud as JFK def feels elevated by all of this. Interested to see what happens with Danny Ryan.

Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RUNDOWN
    Sweet signage to start things out. Solid rundown, things were ran in a downward fashion. Jokes aside this can be a thankless job, I know I’ve done it. So shout out to Pete for running things down.

IMPULSE/REAPER
    Didn’t write on this one but I’m involved in this arc so I’ll just double down on shout outs to Pete. He has a book, you should buy it.

SNEAK UP BEHIND YOU LIKE A FUCKIN' TORNADO
    JFK is plotting and planning. Classic heel shit. Question is will it work out or leave him with egg on his face. Mushi doesn’t seem to be down with the plan.

STORYLINE PURPOSES
    I’ve been called out here a few times for the smallest of kayfabish things … so storyline purposes doesn’t sit well with me at all. It’s semi-clever but doesn’t seem worth the while. Also, smaller nothing of a note, tonk is a card game in my experience. Similar to Rummy. Never heard or could find via google a Tonk dice game. I think you were thinking of Cee-Loo or maybe even simpler Craps/7-11. Either way, didn’t care for this. I suppose someone who bowed out any of their world build trappings are up for grab but this could have easily have been on an UNCUT rather than TV.

What do I know anyway.

TRUST
    Dan Ryan is back. Cayle makes a extremely valid FIST related point! Ryan seems to be proposing himself the keeper of the FIST’s honor. The accent beat was a nice touch. Great segment with a very nice back and forth. Entire read you have to keep wondering what the hell is Ryan’s game but in the end for a man who dropped a large brim hat and hopped out the crowd a handful of DEFtv’s ago … it’s no surprise that he maintains nothing but goodwill. But as someone who has positioned himself, pattern wise, as a defacto FIST enforcer of sorts … maybe he does actually approve of Cayle. He had a past with Troy and well … Penn was Penn. So … things maybe on the up and up.

CRIMSON LORD vs. MATT FLOYD
    This definitely didn’t read like a normal DEFtv match. Although the length was good, this style of writing probably won’t work once CL moves on from squash matches. That being said another strong victory for CL.

DEJECTION
    Solid segment. The Gunther/phonetic dialogue was well thought out. The Ace Trumpisms were off the charts. Definitely a heel for the times.

DIGGS/BURNS/WEAK AF
    “NON-HOSSFITE!!!!” oh Angus, you scamp. The finish certainly gives Diggs the heel heat and he walks into the PPV with the super advantage. Gives the face some odds to fight against. I’d say more odds … but a good face will walk into this match having learned from past mistakes and also Diggs won’t have to rely on cheap thievery as much when he can just out and out cheat. Good shit.

DAVID HIGHTOWER vs. BUTCHER VICTORIOUS/BULLYSHIT
    Hightower picks up another win. Not a squash but he comes out looking super strong and … if there was any chance of liking him … his gal friday has to hop up there and ruin it all. Super solid hosswork, believable. And even better shitheel mic work. God I hate this Sawyers guy. Great segment.

CHANCE/TAG MATCH/SHE NEEDS
    “I got nothing, but Keebs let’s be real - I can barely read my own handwriting at times.” Love that Angus line. Although Wildside is clearly no Klien, their seems to be some strong similarities between the PCP of old and The Bastards. Don’t recall if that was very prevalent before, other than that MV’s cake deal, but notice it here. Good segment, airing out the recently splintered camps dirty laundry. Solid match, can’t say the Skidd Row turn wasn’t foreseeable but I didn’t see this finish coming along with it. Utterly destroyed and the D … the D has something she needs. I think Tom asked for this to be moved to give it some time and I changed the rundown to suit that but I guess that change was lost in the shuffle Backstage. The use of Doc rather than Iris was eye catching but not the worst I suppose.

TWO'S BETTER THAN ONE
    Solid Puffy joke. Doesn’t seem like Ace can find a client … and like most romantic comedies … Hoyt was right there under his nose all along. Nah, but decent segment. Can’t say this wouldn’t have fared just as well on an uncut but well written nonetheless.

I will say though we seem to keep having overlapping storylines. Ace/Sawyers if I remember correctly. NJNP/Hightower & Sawyers. Now Ace/Aleczander The Great. Clearly there have been some pivots to accommodate and some of these may end up feeding into one another by design.. But knowing that isn’t the case across the board, I felt like it was worth bringing up. This of course has nothing to do with the segment above… just when I decided to type some extra shit.

Solid segment though.

DOUGLAS/HOFFMAN
    Feel like this served it's purpose but to be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of what I wrote. Not fishing to hear the reverse I just honestly had a tough time figuring this one out and didn't feel like I came with the best. That being said hope it plays.

DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME?!
    Interesting pairing. First conversation since that quick deal before the ladder match. Certainly feeds into the pay per view and end of the day what else are we selling here … but that being said; other than a rare appearance by the BAWS, I don’t see why this wasn’t a Uncut rather than TV. But … maybe it feeds into tonight's main.

THE SQUID AND THE KID/TORNADO TAG
    Nice segment leading into the match. The PCP seg would have certainly served well between this and the main or JFK and the main for times and such but here we go. Keebs has kids. Had no idea. Solid match … start. This ends up just a shit show of baby face bodies laid out. Huge heat for Mushi and JFK heading into the PPV. Tough to let either of them pin the champ and would feel cheap for either to get the pin on Masky so … this is perfect. Copyright pops up on a “the champ is dead, long live the champ” type moment. Maybe it’s the attitude era in me but I love a go home show finish such as this.

The Double segs seemed to slow momentum going into this (but again the PCP thing was supposed to break them up, shit happens) but it really picked up steam and ended on a nice cliffhanging note. Will Cayle be ready? Mushi JUST whopped his ass a card ago and now this?

Bong! Good show fellas, felt shorter than some of the previous goes this arc, no complaints. Still read well. As always I’m drunk don’t take anything I say to serious. It’s just the beefs. Excited for DEFCon results.

Typed, not read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rundown:
    Nice, This was a fun read. Loved the broken oven throwback…. Brb guys cant beef. Mom is watching smackdown on me laptop! ;-)

Impulse vs Reaper Prime

A quick tease here and a non match. I’m still fingering out the relationship here. I like any angle where I have to scratch my head and wonder what’s happening or what I don’t know, however that only applies if the ending makes sense. I’m sure the trio/ or quad of people have that figured out for the PPV.

Sneak Up…
    JFK interrupts the “I'm going to be the champion after the PPV” speech and gives Dante and Mushi something to consider. They can BEGIN the work tonight of dismantling Cayle Murray ahead of the PPV in tonight's Main Event Tag Match. Love the back and forth, this was a very well written segment that flowed.

Storyline Purposes
    This one was fun. This is the first time I really felt all the bastards “on one team” and cohesive. I like the gimmick of winning it in a game. The “we don’t tour no more” deal was funny too. Good seg, and a nice nod farewell to bruhhh. LOL.

Trust?
    A very compelling segment between Murrrcutio and Big Asain Daniel Ryan. There’s a lot to read here between the lines, but can’t quite make it out yet. Very ominous. Excited to see where this leads. Is Dan really on team Murray? Or is he waiting to get the belt back himself?

Crimson Lord vs Matt Floyd
    Squash city! I love a good jobber match, and Scott puts them out pretty consistently. Good stuff Crimson Lord build continues. I'm excited to see Lord interact with people more in the coming shows.

Dejection:
    NICE! Really liked this seg. Got to see more personality from Gunther Adler. I’m a fan. Charlie Ace is great too, loved his ramblings. “Can you believe it! Australia!?” LOL. Good stuff, I thought this was a great read. Ready to see where this goes.

Danny Diggs vs Oscar Burns
    YUS! Great finish! Loved it. This was a completely different match than I expected. From the “nonhossfite!” to the handcuffs. Loved the mismatched styles. Burns flies around and Diggs is cheap and always looking for the quick win. Great dynamic.

Weak Af
    One person can be Dq’d and the other cant…. I like it! Interesting curveball.
    David Hightower vs Butcher Victorious.
    I wrote this, enjoy!

Bullyshit:
    I wrote this one too, enjoy summoar!
    (There was supposed to be a seg inbetween the match and seg to break it up, but it was cancelled. Don’t blame me)

Change

Not a bad segment, It was nice to get some insight on the Bastards again. They finally feel like people and not like a faceless group. I liked Skidd Row here a lot. His reasoning is sound, and his turn feels genuine. Bastards starting to feel like a gang. Almost like a heel DX.

Tag Match/She Needs
    Ok im confused right off the bat. Is this a tag match? A 6 man? One on one? There’s no definitive statement we cut right from “The D follows them to the ring” to “Ok and the match begins with so and so” Did Angus and DDk just roll with it without asking any questions or explaining? Wait…. It says tag match, but not till a few hundred words in. Shoutouts to Drake. Very good match and good action. A bit long for TV, and a bit too much commentary, but i was never bored with it. Didn’t like the ending. The false turn is good, but the “no ending” was unrealistic. There would HAVE TO be a decision. The D is on the way to the hospital to follow Elise, AND the cowboy luchadore is weirdo. He’s Klein's friend apparently though.

Two’s Better Than One!

YES! This was great! I’m liking Charlie Ace more and more as we move along, and I’m seeing a big difference between he and Sawyers now, so the characters are both breaking out in opposite direction. Good stuff. This was thoroughly entertaining! Looking forward to seeing who Ace finally get’s on his team.

Scoot Doogler vs Reinhardt Hoffman

This felt like a classic Tv match. I thought the opening Description was very very detailed and that waned as the match went on which was appreciated. This was classic. Heel gets upper hand. Babyface starts comeback, cut off, Heel gets advantage again. FAUX interference (a couple different ways), and baby face surprise win. Good stuff. Scott prevails like he should as one of the next big faces in DEF. GREAT stuff.

Do You Remember…

Eyeroll at 3rd Game of Thrones reference of the night. Great seg between JFK and Dane. Completely different than most of the people Dane runs into, this was a very fun read. Love the rumor and innuendo at the end of the seg. MYSTERIOUS! Good stuff here. JFK is gunna be the world champ bay bay!

Squid Kids
    Interesting segmen. Cayle is suddenly the old man his brother was a few months back! He’s not really old but he has TENURE! Good schtick. I don't know much about MDM4 other than what I saw recently so still feeling him out. Nice set up seg.

MAIN VENT

Nice hot start from the good guiz. I likes the quick pacing early on, get’s me fired up after i've already read 5 or 6 other matches in the night. The outside action was brutal. Mushi is such a fun character to read. His big brutal style mixed with his tweener reaction gets me everytime. He reminds me of Kane the way he can come in and out and still connect with the story and the “audience”. MDM4 struggling against JFK is believable and fun. The “rookie” of the group plays a big role here. Loved the outside the ring blockbuster. MCFUCKNUGGET! LOL. Mushi starts taking Cayle up the ramp again and….MDM4 is the one who splats. KENDRIX TURNS ON MUSHI! YES!!!! Brilliant. Loved the build only for JFK to stab him in the back! This triple threat is going to be FIA!

Good show boiz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UNCUT 22

BLOODY MIC
    This was fucking fire. Obviously DEF ROAD happened a while ago, but the Cayle/Box saga is still so fresh in my memory, and I felt every word of this. A great way for a bloodied, beaten, and battered Box to immediately fire back, and the Starbreaker/Starmaker line was a swell turn of phrase. Boxer may have been defeated by the Okada to his Tanahashi, but just like New Japan’s former ace, Box ain’t letting go of his spot. This was a gold standard DEFIANCE promo.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT (FINALE)
    Solid follow-up. MDK thrashing around, still furious, but ultimately helpless feels like the perfect ending to his story. So Scotty D killed this Courtney bird? Super hyped to see how this mystery unravels lads.

SUN SHINY DAY
    The adjectives are on point with this one. “A mechanical bird chirps mechanically.” “His insufferable cap.” Good God almighty! This was fun. Nasty Nige has quite a captivating way of speaking. The storm metaphors are easy but effective. Guy has a voice of his own and really stands out from the rest of the fed. Wonder what is next move’s gonna be?

HOME VIDEO: MISSED BIRTHDAY
    Definitely a good idea to dive into Terry’s backstory a bit. Interesting that the name that came up at the PPV (“Jason”) ties into this. The ending, along with RIley’s general hostility, is the real hook here, and it’s an effective one.

ANOTHER WORLD
    Bang bang first person gang. This reads extremely weirdly, though. Cally is in script, but Impulse’s stuff is a mixture of dialogue and internal monologue, with nothing to break it up. I like that we’re experimenting with formats, but I don’t think that this particular experiment worked at all. Nonetheless the content is pretty decent. Doesn’t push much forward, but does compound the idea that the Reaper reveal has got Pulse shook.

ORIGIN STORIES: NAMESAKES
    It’s that bloody Jason boy again. This is super interesting. I like the way it ties into the missed birthday that’s covered in the other segment, first of all. Then we get this cheesy Nathan guy suggesting “The Reaper” as a nickname, and Jason turning it down. The “Stalker” name I’ve heard around quite a bit. I don’t know what it is, or what it means, so I’d imagine that the old Empire guys probably got more out of that. Still, I trust the writer to expand and explain over the coming weeks.
    DEF: The Murray Brothers, Jack Hunter, Jason Natas.
    LoC: Andy Murray.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DEFCON Arc Discussion/Feedback thread - DEFtv 86 is LIVE!!

DEFtv 85

ALLOW ME
    This was good. I enjoyed Ace being a dickhead by cutting Christie’s interview off, but without overdoing it by, like, insulting her. Draw some heat, not not too much of the cheap stuff. Non-interview teases are always pretty effective, I find, and I’ve not seen this kind of thing done in DEF before. I’m most interested in Turner at the moment, but Ace seems like he’ll be a good talker too.

GAGE BLACKWOOD VS. GUNTHER ADLER
    Formatting is a bit off but I’m not going to riff on that throughout the show, because staff will be clearing this up pretty soon. Good use of Shields’ lazy character in this one, and good to see someone actually using him on TV again! I got a kick out of seeing Gunther on TV here, particularly as he wrestled to his actual style, and didn’t conform to generic big guy tropes. This is very solid for a first DEF match and props for putting Adler over.

IT’S A CELEBRATION!
    Elise Ares:
    SORRY?! What do you mean sorry?! No, I don’t think it’s ridiculous to expect the elephant to be here before eleven? I
    pay you, don’t I?!

THEY ORDERED A FUCKING ELEPHANT. This is magic at the start. The goofy shit was on-point and I liked Elise low-key big-timing The D with the “Elise appreciation night” gimmick. The Bill Cosby joke hit the mark. Jack Hunter cameo was lit. Christie trying to force an interview through this complete and utter bullshit is fun too, and I love how it just completely falls apart. This was a very strong PCP segment, though the “love the D” lines are wearing a tad thin for me now.

THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH
    Good trolling with the Reaper lads coming out to Impulse’s music. Primer’s opening promo is quite good, but be wary of veering too far into Bray Wyatt country. This kind of dialogue is fine for a few weeks, but there comes a time when the speaker just needs to get to the point. I trust this will happen though. This touches a lot of bases with Impulse, Douglas, and Box, but it’s a little scatterbrained. I’m not sure what to make of the mid-promo freakout. Douglas’ fiery interruption was fucking great, but the Hoffy interruption came coldly and outta nowhere. It sets something up, but it’s actual setup was pretty sloppy. A mixed segment - we’ll see what comes next.

CRISTIANO CABALLERO VS. OSCAR BURNS
    C-Cabs is one of my favourite BRAZEN boys and I wish he was used more often. Fun match, this. I’m always going to pop for dudes who wrestle like Burns and we got a nice flavour for his style here, along with his character, and Caballero wasn’t just totally crushed either. Can’t ask for much more from an intro.

ICE COLD WELCOME
    Good little babyface promo from Burns to start off, showing off just enough of his over-exuberant personality early on. Seth nailed the Danny Diggs vibe here. I’ve never really considered how the character might speak, so it was cool to see someone giving The Master Thief a voice. A nice little ditty to set up their upcoming match. No complaints at all.

An aside: not gonna feedback Bruhh Nasty stuff because he isn’t here anymore. I also don’t feedback stuff from my current feuds, because obviously.

A CHANCE ENCOUNTER
    This was fine. Not a lot of meat on the bones, but we now have tension between Hightower and Blackwood, which is good. I’m curious about this anti-bully gimmick because I don’t really understand it at the moment, but I’m sure that will come.

TIME
    Pet hate: wrestlers arriving late for the show, especially babyfaces. It’s pretty unprofessional, and something that should probably result in disciplinary action, so I don’t know why it’s still a thing. It’s a sports entertainment thing, and it’s about time we did less sports entertainment things. The dialogue was fine, though, and succeeded where these super short Impulse segments tend to fail by adequately covering all relevant topics.

TONIGHT, THE BASTARDS TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS
    A textbook heel promo. Nothing that really jumps off the screen, but nothing bad about it either. Just some exposition ahead of the singles match. Still don’t really have a feel for anyone’s personality other than the manager, however.

THE D VS. SKIDD ROW
    Very, very long for a TV match. The actual pacing of it is fine, and it escalates in a realistic way but the actual writing is very mechanical. The action reads almost like a laundry list, and I don’t get much feeling out of it. No sense of struggle, no sense of aggression, just a series of lists of moves. The fuck finish, with Wildside putting the foot on the ropes, before Row eventually recovers to win, was a very good shout indeed. The conclusion is woefully undersold, however: just a single line of dialogue from DDK. This would appear to be a recurring problem in these Bastards matches.

SCOTT DOUGLAS VS. HOFFY POFFY
    Fuck yeah, props for putting Hoffman over! A good, fiery TV match that played on earlier events. Obviously had to be a little Reaper fuckery thrown in there, before all the lads run down and turn it into a big ol’ stramash. The kind of match I wouldn’t want to watch in real-life, but comes off well in this context. Whichever one of you wrote this did a great job and I was engaged throughout. A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS~!

HE IS WEAK
    Pretty effective little follow-up. It’s not short for shortness’ sake, because every line means something, and it furthers the Box/Hoffman teacher/student relationship, which is something that could use some elaboration. GOOD.

REAPER VS. BRONSON BOX
    This feud is all crammed into the last few segments but that almost certainly isn’t the handlers’’ fault. This was effective. More of an angle than a match, but a good continuation of CRAZY REAPER from early in the evening, and Box was used in a very giving manner here, taking an absolute pounding with the chair. Nice effective way to end the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Murrr View Post
    DEFtv 85
    Good use of Shields’ lazy character in this one, and good to see someone actually using him on TV again!
    Here's a fun fact: I created Mark Shields way back in the day lol. He made his way to tSC and I killed myself laughing when I saw him on the roster. Incredible.

Also yeah I think I fixed my formatting problem now.
    Action Wrestling: LLB, Kayden Paulton, Iceman
    DEFIANCE: Gage Blackwood, The Fuse Bros.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Here's a fun fact: I created Mark Shields way back in the day lol. He made his way to tSC and I killed myself laughing when I saw him on the roster. Incredible.

Also yeah I think I fixed my formatting problem now.
    Saving this for the inevitable DEFIANCE trivia game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UNCUT 23

DANNY DIGGS vs. DAVIS BLOOME
    A match on Uncut, baby! Love it! This is a bona fide ******¼ classic. Again, Seth nails Diggs, and Davis is his character, so he comes off strongly too. Danny does a shitload of fucking around but that’s his game. A good match, with some fun moments of fuckery, and a nice win for the Thief.

DAYS GONE BY - PART 1
    Start throwing quotations around Impulse’s dialogue, my man, because the lack of them is making this unnecessarily awkward to read. I like pieces like this. There are some nice fanwank tie-ins with BUY PETE’S BOOK, some good insight’s into where his head was at during his most recent break from the biz, and then there’s Jessica’s introduction, which was well-played. I think it’s quite obvious who she is, but it’s gonna be fun to see how she evolves into her current state.

A MEETING OF MINDS
    This segment doesn’t make any sense at all. Kelly Evans, DEFIANCE’s authority figure, watched the show and saw Wildside put the foot on the ropes last week. Why on earth would she need an “eyeball witness?” She saw it herself. She also has the tape. She knows exactly what happened… but she still allows Wildside to use Carla’s testimony as leverage? It was relatively well-written, but it’s a completely nonsensical idea.

EXPERIENCE
    Kelly is super salty tonight. This is very consistent with the Wildside/Evans segment at the start, which is cool. Alecz is similar to Kendrix, but an even bigger cheeky scamp - would love to see them interact one of these days. A fun setup segment with some enjoyable bantz from ATG, who is a glorious arsehole, but also kinda loveable at the same time.

BACK TO THE BAR
    Feels like there is a big-time revelation in each of these segments. Either that or a major tease for the next one. This means that they’re doing their job very well. I thought this was great, and perhaps the best of the story’s segments so far, even though it was relatively short. So Chick Reaper is Jason’s daughter, and Jason is Terry’s son? I think that’s what’s going on here, but I might be being a dope. Either way, it’s satisfying to see this story, which has been unravelling for months, delivering some big developments.

RING AUS EISEN
    FIRE, again. Hoffman is articulate and eloquent, which matches his slick, technical style perfectly. He obviously has a vicious streak too, however, which makes for a great duality. I like the idea of him as the group’s borderline smooth operator, with Adler acting as this fucking terrifying monster who stares at the camera for most of the segment, then barks something in German. Really fun stuff.

SHOW ME YOUR HERO
    Nasty Nige back at it again. I’m very much enjoying this lad just hanging out on really weird movie set things. This is a tasty little continuation of his previous segment. I’ve no real idea what’s going on, but I’m looking forward to finding out who the “hero” that he’s gonna make into a “killer” is. I’m hooked. Good stuff.

GOOD FOR THE HOLIDAYS
    What a gorram minute… that’s MDK. Putting these pieces together has been pretty satisfying. So the chick Douglas killified is MDK’s sister, and the duo are part of the Reeves family too. This helps explain some of the emotions that have been touched upon throughout the feud. Family-based stories like this are quite difficult to pull-off, as the conflicts often come off forced or melodramatic, but you’re doing a great job of avoiding that so far. Another good segment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very solid go home show lads!

Impulse v Reaper. Was looking forward to this non title grudge match between the two, great speech from Impulse prior to the match saying Reaper Prime needs to also take responsibility for her actions/path...but then, of course Box comes out. Stupid me for thinking this wouldn't have an interference! Evans lays down the law for later in the eve. Good stuff.

Storyline Purposes: This was good, a little different and a nice way to write out bruuh nasty. Looking forward to seeing what happens with this new premises the Bastards are building.

Trust: Awesome, had no idea this was happening. Great exchange and back and forth between the champ and a pillar of DEFIANCE. Cayle shows caution despite the subtle hints ryan is leaving about being on his side and how he's good for defiance. Cayle is adamant he wants to do things his own way like a true champion should. Looking forward to seeing how this develops. Great to see Ryan back.

Lord v Floyd: Another dominant display from Crimson Lord. Only thing I didn't like was the script sounded a bit robotic/repetitive at times. Example, Crimson does this, Crimson does that, Crimson does this etc. Maybe use a nick name, instead of the first name at times? Just bugs me a little but other than that did the job it had to do. No one is gonna want to face this guy in a hurry.

Dejection: Loved this. Really like Charlie Ace. He's hopping from wrestler to wrestler trying to expand his clientele but Adler is having none of it here. Brings up a good point in why he should join Charlie when he got rid of Flynn Turner so easily after just one loss. Good facing from Adler here, gonna be doing things his own way to make a name for himself.

Danny Digs v Oscar Burns: Good match up and clever finish from Digs. Was looking forward to seeing what stip would come of this feud and I'm looking forward to reading this match at DEFcon. Never read a match like this before or think I've seen it on tv so definitely interested in this.

Hightower v Butcher Victorious: Glad to see David overcome another goliath and bully put his way. Jamie Sawyers and David Hightower are an awesome combo. Sawyers isn't going to let anyone bully big bad David Hightower anymore. Nice dynamic between the two who compliment each other very well here. How on earth is gage Blackwood gonna topple Hightower at DEFcon?

Change: Good match, intros from both teams were solid. Saw Skidd's betrayal coming but it was written well. Thought it would come at the PPV but this works also.Interested to see what happens with the stolen tag belts and how badly injured Elise is. Thought the She Needs seg was funny but maybe it should have been a bit more serious considering how badly injured Elise was...maybe needing the D joke could have been left out here..either way, liked the quick follow up to the match and focus on Elise's condition.

Two's better than one: Another rejection of Ace's advances now, not a good night at the office for the manager. Liked the puff daddy reference and Ace mixing the guys up with the neighbourhoodlem. Like Mikey, I had reservations at first as Ace reminded me of Sawyers but I get the character now and i like where this is going. Would like to see more from Hoyt Williamsat some point.

Douglass v Hoffman: Both men found the loophole to Evans' banning order from last time out. Well written match again, perfect length for this show. Went the way I expected for the Soher match at DEFcon to have two baby faces and two heels in it. Enjoyed

The Squid and The Kid: MDM4 and Cayle are WRESTLING FRIENDS (Inbetweeners reference). Good last minute pre-match prep. Cayle giving advice to the new kid who took it to Kendrix a few weeks back. Despite the young age, Cayle is seen as mentor to MDM4. think this is fitting of the Fist.

Main Event: Kudos to Murr for the main event, it was all on him this week as I was tied up. Would like to thank him for blowing it out of the park. Entrances were short and sweet and he did the finish we planned more than justice as we roll on into DEFcon.

All in all, great show folks. Looking forward to the biggest PPV of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEFtv 86

GOOD LUCK CHUCK
    Short and simple, but it did what it was supposed to. I think that the idea was to keep pushing Diggs as a shifty bastard - if so, it was a complete success. Flashes of naivety from Burns, too. The table has been set for The Master Thief taking full advantage of this little blighter’s friendliness, which should be fun to see.

GAGE BLACKWOOD VS. GUNTHER ADLER
    Rematch city, baby. I would’ve liked to have seen something to set this bout up rather than just going cold into it, as Adler just beat Blackwood clean. Regardless, it’s a good continuation on the previous match, with Blackwood showing more fire than in the first match. He takes it to big Gunther throughout. Good development. The big man needing to cheat to win shows the progress that Blackwood is making - he’s on a strong path so far.

A NOT SO CHANCE ENCOUNTER
    Jamie Sawyers is certainly coming off like an almighty cunt so far, which is particularly satisfying as I have witnessed his transition from UTA interviewer to dickhead manager first hand. This is another good setup segment, though I would’ve liked some dialogue from Blackwood, as it’s pretty much just Sawyers talking at him. Not much, just a line or two.

EXHAUSTING, I SAY
    The contrast between Nasty Nige’s fancypants dialogue and Cally’s overwhelming Callyness was the highlight of this segment. I assume this ties-in with the Lord’s previous segment on the last Uncut. Cally just exasperating this guy essentially by being herself is good, and I like that the “Cally is low-key annoying as fuck” dynamic made it onto DEFtv.

AXIS POWERS
    I’d like to see Gunther Adler start hanging out with these guys - it’d help tie everything together quite nicely. Nonetheless, it’s good to see Hoffman’s on-air push continuing. I enjoyed Box just cutting through Reaper’s Wyatt-isms with pure venom. Hoffman dropping “silly girl” was fun. Have we ever seen him and Jack Hunter in the same place at the same time? Hmmmm.

OSCAR BURNS VS. DANNY DIGGS
    This was ace! “Meh, not feeling it.” The segment earlier in the evening appeared to set Diggs up to defeat Burns by capitalising on his naivety, but he pulled a cool twist by saying “fuck this,” and getting Tommy Slaine to wrestle instead. That works so perfectly for the character. The match, of course, was very well-written and Diggs gets some nice heat for the assault. Great stuff.

RIDE ‘EM COWBOY
    I feel sorry for Christie Zane. The poor bird was ambushed by some of the most confusing bastards in DEFIANCE last week, and it continues again this week. This was a solid little teaser and it made me want to learn more about this mysterious lad. Probably exactly what the writer intended.

PERSONA NON GRATA
    The opening promo is classic manager stuff, with Ace putting his boy over while also showing plenty of character himself. Liking this guy already. Another slight glimpse of Flynn Turner without giving too much of his personality away. We’re going for a slow-burn introduction with these guys, and it’s working. Keep it up.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING
    Terry’s mock promo was quite jarring and felt very out of place, and I’m not at all down with a sympathetic character using the word “Kraut” on one of our shows, regardless of Douglas pointing this out. The Impulse assault was quite oddly written too. “The furious assault of the SOHER,” with no real description of what’s actually happening. Then, through all of it, this “furious” man is calm and aloof as he talks to Bronson mid-beatdown. To top it all off, big bad evil scary person Bronson Box is equally tranquil at the end. A rare dud segment from this group.

ELISE ARES VS. J STEVENSON
    Elise mastaking ACX for Team Danger was tremendous and I hope that this is more than a temporary alliance, because the possibilities for ridiculousness are endless with this group. Why is Angus calling play-by-play in this match? He’s the colour, Keebs is PBP. Aside from calling Elise a flippydoo a couple of times, his character is non-existent here. Action is fine, but mechanical. No real sense of struggle or emotion. I appreciate it’s difficult in summary format, but these things are more important than the moves themselves, IMO. The post-match follow-up was well done, however, and while the Skidd row tension came out of nowhere, it’s at least intriguing.

AFRAID OF THE DARK?
    NASTY NIGE BACK AT IT AGAIN. The big man comes off quite creepy here, but I like Douglas’ quasi-indifference to the whole situation. Scott has his fingers in many pies at the moment, and we’re almost at a point where I really just want to see this guy in a pure wrestling angle soon, but we haven’t run out of gas just yet.

DEPARTURES
    Will Haynes’ white rapper dialogue is extremely cringey. This is interesting, because the Skidd Row thing crept up out of nowhere, and now Wildside is full of venom. Leads me to believe that something grander is at work here, which is a good thing.

IMPULSE VS. REINHARDT HOFFMAN
    A very good match. Great lead-in from the announcers. Entrances are a bit long. The action is good. Flows well. Great balance of announcers and action too. It’s extremely long, but we haven’t clarified match formatting yet, so I’m not going to rip on it for that. You can tell there’s gonna be fuckery too, because there are so many moving pieces, and sure enough, there is. Doesn’t quite play into the finish though and Impulse gets a nice clean defence instead. Box’s mood strikes me as a bit odd at the moment: guy was a ruthless, venomous bastard throughout the last arc, and now he’s so docile that he’s quite willing to just let Impulse (who attacked him earlier in the evening) wrestle around a bit? An odd change, almost as if the character development produced in the previous arc is being no-sold.

ARRIVALS
    A good segment. The idea of PCP, goofballs as they may be, trying to appeal to this guy who has been “rejected” by the Bastards is interesting. If it’s a trap, it works well, because these two aren’t intelligent at all. Nice little continuation of the night’s previous events here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information