login  |  Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: DEFCON Arc Discussion/Feedback thread - DEFtv 86 is LIVE!!

Won't comment on my own stuff aside from saying I had fun writing the feud and hope you enjoy reading.

Mobile feedback a go-go!

BLACKWOOD/HIGHTOWER
    Holy shit, what a great opener. Haha DAVECON. Sawyers is such a great shithead manager and his antics along with the intense action of the match made for such a great read. On a card that was fairly short, this didn't feel like a long read since I was into the action the whole way through. Mikey and Roland are two guys I've had a lot of fun working with in the past and they made a great arc here. If you want to get new characters over, read their arc and do that stuff.

Ol' Dirty Bastards
    Decent seg but some of the formatting was really weird to read spacing wise. The Bastards lay out their master plan and sell Night Two. Solid read and other than the formatting nothing else to complain about here.

Dawning The Mask
    Hilarious segment to also sell the Tag match. Elise is probably the vainest "face" I've ever seen and I was laughing the whole way through:

The D:
    Oh wait, the match isnít until tomorrow. Wanna go get drunk? Paint the city red?

Elise Ares:
    Like you had to even ask. I started before I walked into the room.

She pulls a small, bedazzled flask out of her back pocket and waves it into the air before opening the door.

Great stuff, haha.

FINALLY DEFIANT
    Good read and a solid follow-up to the grueling opening match. I've followed the character and it has been fun to see his confidence grow out of his previous losses.

WRONG TIME
    Poor MDM4. Hightower is understandably pissed. Can't wait to see how Sawyers spins this as MDM4 bullying him.

SOHER CLUSTER
    Thanks to the person who wrote the opening to explain the multiple layers coming into the match. I've been reading the Uncuts leading to this show and I'm glad I made sense of the Reapers story since I'm late to that party. (which has been overall good reading)

Now match stuff.

Angus' outright hatred of Douglas was funny throughout, haha. Great action in this the whole way through and just as chaotic as the opener and better than the shite in the middle I wrote.

Great win for Scott Douglas who in the bit I've read him this arc, I've enjoyed throughout, and I'm kind of hoping for a Box/Douglas feud proper over the title.

Decent sized show that was easy to read and everything came off really well. Can't wait to read Night Two.
    Team HOSS - DEFIANCE
    The Heirs of Wrestling, Sarah Winterton, Jeremy Ryan - jOlt Wrestling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rundown.
    And it ran...It ran so far away!....Couldn’t get away! Absolutely loved the signs on this one, all of them make me chuckle. Terrific quick rundown of night one, and a great segway to the first match which works well cause we cut right to entrance theme in ours. Great job Peta. the Rundown Masta.

Blackwood vs Hightower
    I wrote this with Roland, was a lot of fun this arc with him. We had a hard time getting our schedules lined up, but he’s a hell of a writer, and his match writing is top notch (as you can see here). I specifically requested the opener here, as i wanted to start the show off with a bang. Hope you enjoyed our work.

Ol Dirty Bastards
    I enjoyed this seg a lot. It was nice hearing from Row after he did the deed. It’s been an interesting arc for this group but I think they finally have their identity down pat. I always love a Mikey reference… Good way to paint the picture of “living PCP life” but i do think this went a little too long.

Burns vs Diggs
    This was a really fun read, the stipulation piqued my interest, and it didn’t disappoint. Love the Burns idea to immediately make this as dirty as possible! That’s good schtuff. I enjoyed the speed of this match changing up quite a bit. A very good read, and a big “overcoming” moment at the end. Good stuff from Seth.

Dawning the Mask
    Love PCP. Horny? HAHAHAHAH. This is great. They don’t know what sorry means! This is hilarious. Klein will stand in for Elise Ares in the match on night two! The Cowboy Luchador is on the scene as well. LOL

Finally DEFIANT
    BEAUTIFUL follow up seg from Gage Blackwood! This feels terrific, and facey. Blackwood gets some personality out, and uses an NPC as a great conversationalist. I loved this segment. Hats off to Roland again on our feud.

Wrong Time:
    I wrote this.

4 Way Soher
    This match kicked off with great commentary. Very early on this felt like a tag team match with Impulse and Douglas vs Reaper and Box, but the constant reminders from Angus that this was temporary helped solve the issue. Well done. The tips on douglas from angus were mint. “Turned down his bass!” lol. This was a lot of fun at the end. Loved the massacre and Reaper not attacking, the more important thing for her is Impulse. Not the title. Great way to show that. On the other hand we have a new SOHER. And a good one! B WEEZY! Congrats SON! Well deserved.

Looking forward to night two.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NIGHT 1

RUNDOWN
    Nice montage up front. Great signs. Hyped the main while letting Angus be cunty, I mean Angus. And boom we jump off, straight into the first match up.

DAVID HIGHTOWER VS. GAGE BLACKWOOD
    Sawyers gets some heat right away, popping off at the lip as he has been known to do. I like the Shields/Rulebook touch. Itíd make sense that he was not only crooked but shitty at his job as well. Of course Blackwood would have to fight the numbers on this one. Further into the match as they start to go pillar to post I see the Sheilds initiative was purposeful. Well placed, it didnít tip the hat at all but played in well. I havenít read Finally Defiant yet as I type this but that title and the way this match went, it definitely gave me a little bit of a Tommy Dreamer from suspender clown to ECW poster boy feel. I dug the match, good read. Really propels Blackwood forward and doesnít hurt Hightower. Plus give Sawyer even more to whine about. My only concern with this match is destroying the announce table so early in the night. Granted this starts the show off with a bang, and maybe itís addressed later but for the other two matches on this night of the card is potentially creates continuity issues. With that being said I rarely mention the desk itself when writing but that wouldíve been a nice note to tack onto each match of the night. Minor gripe at best. Great work guys.

OL' DIRTY BASTARDS
    Skidd Row is incredibly unlikeable. So perfect in the regard. Beyond that it was pretty long for one guy doing 90 percent of the talking. I can see giving some inside scoop on the SWERVE as it were, but when the intent is to build up for the match the next night or to grab more heat for the same reason, this just spent to much time talking about what had already happened. I like the ideas in here but seems like too many of them made the final cut maybe. The complaining about how PCP conducts themselves is good but itís tough to disagree and get hot at Skidd Row, when even as faces PCP is still odd as shit. I think a more braggadocious, ďhaha those dumb idiotsĒ focus might have played better. Maybe, I donít know. All that being said this wasnít terrible, just ran long in my opinion.

OSCAR BURNS VS. DANNY DIGGS
    This has been a super solid introductio to Burns from the start of the ARC. And on top of that the use of Diggs has been fun to read to say the least. I wasnít a huge fan of the stipulation deal that lead to this, it just felt too muddled (not much room to talk on that), but after that is settled the match plays out well. Enjoyable read and Burns going over in the end, is well predictable but who didnít want to see him win? My only question, not a complaint, is ref stoppage common in wrestling these days? I donít watch enough to actually know. I mean a KO is a KO, cool. Just the term, to me, was only associated with UFC and Boxing to a lesser degree. Eitherway, solid match and a good read. Interested to see what is next for DEFís non-Aussie. Sweet as.

DAWNING THE MASK
    The Lake Placid flicks. Love that these still come up. ďNew found feelingsĒ plays well, but this far into PCP being face is odd. Skidd Rowís early promo relating to what most normal people would think about PCP, coupled with the beginning of this I was starting to wonder if there was going to be a double turn. But in the end PCP comes off face enough that I guess not. Overall this was funny and right at the moment it was feeling to long it wrapped up. And end all be all it adds intrigue to the match, given Elise canít perform.

FINALLY DEFIANT
    Solid follow up to the earlier match, although Ö I think this would have been perfect for Uncut. Not that space was really an issue this DEFCON, I just think it would have played more naturally there. My previous statement about Tommy Dreamer, I still feel a bit of, not that - that is a bad thing. Canít wait to see what Blackwood does next. Another good strong face in a time a few.

WRONG TIME
    Nice quick, segment setting up future fuckery. I started to say this would be good Uncut as well but the way DDK/Angus are intercut throughout makes it play well Live. Though you have to wonder why did the producer cut to this anyway other than just a mistake. Which DDK plays dumb enough to make it feel like it is. Itís also just convenient cause wrestling. Overall, I dig it. Canít wait to see where it goes.

SOHER: IMPULSE (C) VS. BRONSON BOX VS. REAPER PRIME VS. SCOTT DOUGLAS
    Wrote with the boys. Hope you enjoy.

OVERALL
    3 Matches, 4 Segments made this feel a little less like Night 1 of an extravaganza and more like a pre-show. Not that any of the handlers had anything to do with that, itís just how the cards fell for this show. And looking at the line up on whole, this was the best possible outcome without patching in some BRAZEN matches, which could have been fun.

Excited for Night 2 and for everyone else's feedback. DEFtv after DEFCON marks my one year (fiscally) in DEF. Still glad to be here and really think there are a good group of writers here.

Typed, not read. OR fact checked in anyway Ö

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NIGHT TWO

RUNDOWN
    Nice replay/recap of the previous night. Quick little rundown of what's to come and we are right back in the thick of it!

TAG TITLES: THE BASTARDS © VS PCP/HIGH NOON

I donít love the Dustin Diamond/Tila Tequila involvement. No clue how DEF handles that kind of thing but I wasnít crazy about it. That being said they were great choices for this bit. Big PPV PCP entrance always plays! I donít like or have actually ever set through and entire viewing of the Star Wars but I get the midichlorian ref, and for someone who loves little details like that Iíll say it was appreciated. Same as later in the match when the box is dented, it was bound to happen so nice touch. Well written match. Especially enjoyed the Klein spots. But damn PCP canít catch a break with the people theyíve let in their circle. I went back through thinking I missed something but who is Jordan? The Bastards walk away as the Champions and with some boots and bloody titles get a little more heat on their way out.

Big surprise reveal. I knew of this so I unfortunately didnít get to have the what the hell moment but I wasnít that familiar with Harmen and PCPís relationship so this segment certainly put that into perspective and made his turn and reveal that much better. The burning of the box too, damn. What does this mean for PCP next arc? Very interesting. And now with one of the premier tag teams in a slim division thoroughly destroyed from the inside out what is next for BSW?

CHEAP SHOTS/SOHER: SCOTT DOUGLAS (C) VS. REAPER RED
    Wrote these with Justin. As has been a late motif of ours in this arc, there was some last minute pivoting to bring a year long storyline to some type of close. Iíd like to think we pulled it off. Hope everyone digs it.

Press-ing Matters
    Donít forget the caps lock on titles. Ace is interesting and just as he has been over this arc and interesting read. I canít tell where he is going with all this but itís pretty fun to read given the Trumpisms. And Thugz 4 Hire back on the main roster it seems. Wait, or not. And in the end it was a press conference for nothing? Appropriately confusing.

FOOKIN PRICK/IMPULSE VS. BRONSON BOX
    Didnít get to see any of this until the show was posted and Box is all fired up! Feels like he is gunning for Douglas but it turns around quick and he wants Impulse and a pound of flesh. ďYou canít HOSSFITE when you ainít a HOSS!Ē Really dug the beat where Impulse exists and is drawn back in. This really ramps up to a fever pitch before the unbelievable. Didnít expect Box to tap but given this wasnít an actual match it was a smart move.

Kingdom Come
    Donít forget the caps lock on titles. Solid segment. Quick but gets the job done and reminds the viewing public that the one word monster is coming for a fight.

FIST: CAYLE MURRAY (C) VS. KENDRIX VS. MUSHIGIHARA
    Big entrances. Especially for the champ, band and all. Kendrix starts off with the classic heel move and itís back to Musi v. The Champ. ďAnd these fuckers are Toyko.Ē Extremely well written match. Lengthy as hell but a page turner, if computers had pages. Angus has some real gems here too. ďKing Shit Of Fuck Mountain.Ē It seems most donít care for the triple threat as mentioned in the chat, but also as mentioned in the chat this was done very well. ďďBLOODY ĎELL, GUVíNOR!Ē Thatís Kendrixís inner monoluge right now, Keebsy baby!Ē The big Mushi spot was huge. I donít know if Iím not picturing it right but doesnít seem feasible, or at the very least is a super botch positive spot. Big PPV, big spot, I get it but I think thus far in this match his monserness has been sold very well not sure that was needed. But maybe Iím just not picturing it correctly. Anyway, hell of a match and a very suspenseful finish. Great way to end the PPV but wait? Here comes off all sons of bitches, Mikey. I wasnít in the dark on this so it didnít read as big as I hope it does to others but it was still a pretty cool moment. And the turn! Good stuff canít wait to see what happens next!

OVERALL
    Solid show, match light and segment heavy but closing out an arc, plus a year and setting up new arcs that's sort of the be expected. Great stuff guys, keep it up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on people. Feedback.
    GOOGLE DOCS ID: dbrunk01@gmail.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEF TV88

Good opener. Ran down a bit more than the previous show. Nice to also see the run down open the show and there not always be a cold open.

I love the bait and switch, especially for building to a title match at the PPV. If you want to see the proper confrontation between these two, the one that’s been building for a year, then you’ve got to tune in to the PPV. Classic and correct booking. And I like Kelly’s intervention and her not suspending Box. Technically he did nothing wrong, so maybe Kelly will be more careful with her wording of things in the future. Something there for us all to think about.

Kendrix acknowledging Mushi is a threat he hasn’t taken seriously definitely legitimises Mushi more, and that’s great. It’ll be interesting to see if the proposal works, and I think Eddie and Mushi would be fools to turn it down. One note here though. The FIST wasn’t capitalised in several instances. Nothing major and something that can go easily overlooked.

Good to see some mention of Bruhh Nasty’s disappearance. Too often people just disappear and they’re not mentioned. If someone wants to take the exit and start a storyline from it then so be it. Not a fan of the ‘4th wall’ break, but other than that I’m fine with what’s here.

Good to see Dan Ryan back, but I’m a little confused as to what his role is now. Has the character moved to an office role since I’ve been gone? If that’s the case then is he now kind of like our HHH? Or is he representing some kind of organization that has a stake in DEFIANCE? I’m sure things will be more obvious as they progress, but not knowing where all the dots are joined up leaves a big hole in Dan Ryan’s history for me.

The Crimson Lord squash matches are fine, but they don’t read fluidly. It’s like a list being rattled off. This isn’t a DEF summary match, so it’ll get old when it’s a full length PPV match. Don’t get me wrong, they’re not bad, but if the match needs to be longer this format isn’t going to work so well. It’s also pretty jarring when compared to the other matches on the show.

Loved the Angus line about what Kelly said earlier. It’s a little plot device that didn’t need a segment, but it negates Diggs taking a shortcut like he did before. Also loved the match. A new shortcut for Diggs to take and it leaves plenty more for these guys to do in their match at the PPV.

One quick note at this point. We’ve had three matches so far, one ends in DQ, one is a squash and one ends in count out. I know this is a go home show, but it would be nice to see a match in the first half of the show be competitive and have a pinfall ending.

I like the one sided stip. It’s a total heel tactic and if Burns can overcome it it makes him look that much stronger. Good Booking.

I can’t get into Butcher’s profile at the moment, but should a face be attacking a heel before the match with a weapon when there’s no heat between them? Also, I’m not a huge fan of the bell ringing before Hightower got to his feet in the ring. For me the start to this match made Hightower the face and not the heel. Hightower sure looks powerful, and he’s able to overcome a pre match beatdown, but he shouldn’t have to if he’s a heel. He’s the one that should be dishing out the beatdown and then cutting off the face when he makes his comeback.

Good heel promo to follow up. Can’t fault that. But I’d still like to register my comments that Hightower wasn’t the heel in the match prior to it.

If I’m supposed to sympathize with Skidd Row in this segment then I’m not. What did he get from siding with Jonathan Wildside? Beside a tag title match a few shows into his run which he grabbed one of the two belts? Is that nothing?

Jarring start to the match. The Bastard Sons weren’t expected at the start of the last segment and now we have a tag match? The end of the segment seemed as though we were getting a brawl, not a match. Part way through the Bastard Sons are named as the challengers so this is a title match? The action is fine, but the ending is overly confusing. Skidd Row turns on Elise, that’s fine, but why does the match end there? Why don’t the Bastard Sons finish the match? Elise is legal, she’s been taken out in a legal manner because how can her own partner attacking her cause a DQ? The D is netralized and Kline isn’t going to get involved… Roll her over and pin her to take the titles, no?

Sidebar for the tag title storyline here

Let me see if I’ve got this right, Skidd Row has been faking being on side with PCP all this time from this turn. All so that the Bastards have someone that can betray PCP and they can take the tag titles. If that’s not what’s been happening then I’ve got the wrong end of the stick, but if that is then The Bastard Sons have blown their load too quickly and not actually positioned themselves any better. Can I sum this up quickly and ask a couple of questions to see if I’ve got this right?

1. Skidd Row got the crap beaten out of him during this match by people that were all in on this ruse.
    2. Skidd Row just revealed himself as a double agent to absolutely no benefit of the side he was actually working for. After all, it was made perfectly clear that they aren’t the tag champions.
    3. The Bastard Sons actions here don’t weaken PCP. Elise won’t defend the titles if she’s injured, and The D is surely going to be out for blood rather than be his usual fun loving self, no?
    4. Why did Skidd Row start the match? He could have left Elise in there to get weakened by the Bastard Sons, then refused the tag. That would have been better for him that getting the tar beaten out of him.
    5. If Skidd was in the ring and working for the Bastard Sons then why didn’t he just lay down for them to gift them the titles?

There are so many ways that the Bastard Sons could have walked out of this match as champions that them not leaving as legit champs makes them look bad.

If I’m wrong then I apologise unreservedly, but if I’m correct on all of this then this storyline actually makes the Bastard Sons look weaker and stupider (intelligence wise) than they should be as title contenders, and I’m really not OK with that. This sort of twist should only serve as a way to get the title onto the Bastard Sons so that PCP can chase to win them back again. It puts heat into the upcoming match because the titles were taken in such a dastardly way that you want to see the heels get their comeuppance but also makes the titles something that both teams want. Right now the titles are meaningless because any return match will just be about revenge.

I’ve kind of made my mind up now, and I’m really not a fan of the cowboy luchador. It’s random humour for random humour’s sake, and that’s not my kind of humour.

Good match here. Everyone around the SoHer title seems to be very good at reading between the lines and finding the loopholes. I’m wondering if there’s going to be a stipulation introduced to this fatal 4 way that means these loopholes aren’t an issue to the outcome.

Kendrix feels like a tweener in this segment. He seems more justified in his comments than he should be, and he’s painted more as an underdog than the champion. I’m fine with that if JFK is to play the middle ground guy in the triple threat match. He can heel it up and be right back where he was in a show or two.

Now that’s what I’ve been looking for as a unique selling point for Cayle. He’s a journeyman, but he’s never been THE man. It’ll be interesting to see him cope with the pressures of being the top guy, and I think with Dane and Ryan supporting him there will be a lot of pressure on him to perform. That’s definitely intriguing.

Good main event match with a great ending. Kendrix stands tall making a statement to Eric Dane after their talk just a few moments ago.

One note here, yes it’s a go home show, but we had 7 matches and 4 of them ended in some schmoozy way. That definitely made the main event ending less impactful, and that’s not a good thing. Honestly, I think going forwards people need to be told ‘you can’t do that here’ during the planning stages of their booking docs, especially if it looks like people are doing similar things to each other or they plan on ending their matches in similar fashions. It would help add some variety to the shows, which if I’m being honest, I felt this show needed in terms of its in ring contests.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEFCON Night 1

Love hightlight recaps/video packages to kick off a PPV, and with this being the biggest show of the year I’m thrilled to see that. Fantastic music to set it to as well. Very fitting. It didn’t need lots of copy and pasted lines and it did it jobs as it is. Great start.

I’ve just realised David Hightower is using the same theme music as Sam Turner Jr. used to use. Not a big deal, but something I just picked up on. Lots of heeling from Sawyers all the way through this. Very good work on that front. Good match overall, but I would have liked things to stayIt’s away from the announcers desk. There’s a long way to go in this show, and these two taking it all over the arena isn’t how I’d book a show. I like the roll up win, it doesn’t do any damage to Hightower and Gage gets his win, but I don’t think this should be the end of the feud with a win like that. It certainly seems as though Hightower could use this loss to focus on Gage a bit more, and that’s the match where I’d have had the table spot. All that said, this is a hot start to the 2 nights for sure.

It’s good to get an explanation from Skidd Row about what he’s done and why he’s done it, but all of my previous feedback comments still stand in my mind. The Bastard Sons could have handled so much better and be the legit champs right now. Lance showed a lot of attitude in this, which he hasn’t historically done. He almost seemed heelish in places with how buddy buddy he seemed to be with the Bastard Sons as well. I didn’t like that too much.

Great match between Burns and Diggs. Creative use of the no DQ stipulation and with Diggs being the sort of guy to be happy with a win via count out that was a nice sequence where Burns almost got counted out. It was always going to be Burns winning, but it didn’t detract from the match overall.

I’m getting more used to the PCP humour, but the random for random sake stuff just bugs me. The Cowboy Luchador added nothing to the segment and that shouldn’t be happening on our biggest show of the year. This isn’t the place for fluff.

People need to be making use of Iris as our medical personnel. It’s nice to see some character from Blackwood, which has been missing the last arc. I still think there’s more to tell in his storyline with Hightower though.

And I think there’s a missed opportunity to keep it going here. Hightower is mad, so why not take it out on the guy that made him mad? Ok, so MDM4 has the weak spot and maybe there’s an injury angle in play here, but I really want to see more from the two of these guys and just think it’s an opportunity missed there.

The fact the champion doesn’t come out last here makes me sad. Champions should always come out last. Another great match with heels vs faces to start with and the heels truce breaking down. Good to the faces stuck with it though and, if I’ve read this right, Impulse’s main concern seemed to make making sure Reaper Prime didn’t wak out with the belt, and he was quite happy to sacrifice his title reign to make sure that didn’t happen. An intriguing result, and considering Impulse was the FIST not that long ago it doesn’t benefit him to have a long reign with the SoHer, so it makes sense on some level. I would like to see Scott Douglas hang on to the belt for a while though. It seems to have jumped around quite frequently lately, so it would be good to see it find a more permanent home for a few arcs.

This show is really short, and I didn’t help that by not submitting my seg on time, but it really does feel more like a pre show than a first night. Three matches aren’t enough for this, and it would have been good to see a BRAZEN match dropped in there just to make up the numbers. I know that means more work for someone, but if Night Two is a similar length then there’s no real reason for DEFCON to be split into two nights. Just my two cents there.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH/HIGH NOON
    Hahaha Tila Tequila and Dustin Diamond. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me to incorporate this into the PCP gimmick. I'm not that horrible of a "realism" person in this hobby and these two are broke AF these days. O

Great action the whole way throughout and I love the dickhead heel work by the Bastards. I'm sad I chose now to drop my proposed team with Aleczander since you can ask anybody... I'm a complete sucker for good tag team wrestling. Bastards win and we have nee champeens!

The post with Jack Harmen? Holy shit. I'm curious as to why he attacked his own students and what the fallout from this will be but overall this was a PERFECT opener for Night Two. No complaints here.
    I thought the Cowboy Luchador was just another member in the background so I'm shocked I didn't see this coming.

CHEAP SHOTS
    I liked Reaper Prime caring more about her vendetta against Douglas than winning the actual title, but I love this following through Night Two and a bonus title match. Doing a good job already selling Scott Douglas as a world-beater that he's willing to make this match already.

SOHER TITLE MATCH
    Haha. Seattleite still loving Douglas getting cracked on by Angus. Good action in this one as well. Solid and a good win here for Douglas. Out on a limb here thinking this ain't over until Douglas takes on Reaper Prime in a one-on-one with the title on the line, but this was a decent stopgap until we get to that.

BETTER
    Straight FIYAH promo by Ya Bruv, Kendrix. This was not only a great recap of recent events but great confidence by one of Cayle's challengers. This feels like Kendrix can win and comes off like a hashtag top guy. Great stuff here.

PRESS-ING MATTERS
    Fun segment and now that other people have made Trump-esque comparisons with Charlie Ace, I can totally hear it in my head as he speaks. Funny segment that answered really nothing, which was... Well, funny. I'm looking forward to the payoff for this which I hope comes sooner than later.

BRONSON/IMPULSE AND PRE "MATCH" SEG
    Right away I love these two together and there's fallout from neither man winning the SoHer. I dug the explanation from DDK and Angus about Kelly letting them scrap in a violent exhibition kind of way, but I think I would have rather seen this as a full on match. Impulse getting a moral victory over Box by making him tap was huge and given where we're going this next arc, I'm wondering if there will be blowback from this when the troops need to rally so to speak.

KINGDOM COME
    Eddie Dante/Rob is a great wordsmith with these segments. I liked Kendrix's prematch promo a bit more, but this was short and to the point which fits Eddie and Mushi more.

FIST TITLE MATCH
    REALLY great intros by Angus/DDK and the entrances did a great job to put over the "big fight feel" where it seems like it may come off as an epic.

I will say that in my opinion it definitely did.

Match did such a great, great job really capturing all three personalities - Mushi fucking up shit (the Powerbomb/Atlas Cutter spot was great), Kendrix being a sneaky shit, and Cayle fighting them both off as best he can. The Superkick/Sunset Flip Powerbomb was sick also. Lot of great spots in this match and I said this in the chat, but holy shit it was great! Did a great job making all three guys look better coming out than it they did going in.

The post-match now makes a lot more sense and was on a much bigger scale than I first thought. And damn, Dan. Cold-blooded.

Great show though I think others are right. This would have been better off as one night. Still, a good cap to a big arc and really looking forward to the next ones to come.
    Team HOSS - DEFIANCE
    The Heirs of Wrestling, Sarah Winterton, Jeremy Ryan - jOlt Wrestling

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information