login  |  Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DEFIANCE ROAD Arc Discussion/Feedback Thread - DEFtv 81 is live!

So we're rapidly approaching Defiance Road, and we've got two things to look at.

Uncut 18 - http://defiancewrestling.com/results/160
    DEFtv 81 - http://defiancewrestling.com/results/161

You know what to do, so do the do.
    "Every generation needs a revolution." - Magnetic Poetry (original)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DEFIANCE ROAD Arc Discussion/Feedback Thread - DEFtv 81 is live!

DEFTV Beef

The Rundown:

Nice rundown, nice quick recap of the main event at the ppv. Did its job.

Daney DIggs vs Petey Garrett
    The match that never happened pt 2. Good stuff here as Greeper (green reaper) is attacking people and TAKING his mic time. He calls out Scott who shows up and comes down to fight, but before he can get his hands on MDK, heís gone. I like.

Fight Now Plz
    I read this before the show as Stevie wanted my input on a totally bruvtastic photo! After I added in my 5 words, I read the rest of it. GOLD! I love JFK as a character and heís going to shine even more now as a stand alone. Kendrix invites the returning Natas to fight right now, only to duck out at the last second. I think we accidentally did the same deal in two segs in a row. Good stuff here tho and this feud picks up right where it left off.

Cally Rolls Her Eyes
    Oooooh Babyface on Babyface heat! I like it. Cayle needs to take a chill pill and relaxxxxxxx. This was a nice set up for next week's match, color me intrigued.

The Ones Who Do The Challenging
    Nice change for PCP playing babyface now. I enjoyed this and declare them the most elaborate entrance in DEF now. Great stuff with them ďtaking stepsĒ towards touching the fans and not being as high of a celebrity status. Nice set up with The Storm. Billy and Tom are hilarious.

Phenoms vs The Storm.
    Great match, awesome pacing and a fun read! Loved the finish. Nice way to distract the challengers and have the champions retain! OOH!

Heel Bruvs!
    Hahahahahaha loved this bit from Bronson Box and JFK. these two could not be more different and it shines so brilliantly in this seg. I am feeling pretty sports entertained by this! Hope to see more of this action soon. These two could have a great rivalry especially considering the past history already built between the two.

Ownership
    Super heat from Eric dane and curtis penn. I really liked this bit, read very fluidly. I think the champ is coming off strong right now. And a good feud with Eric Dane would be stellar. Lets hope they keep going that direction.

Tag Team Misfits
    EAT HIS BRAINS! Great line! This is great, whenever I picture Bronson Boxís wrestling style I think of War Machine from ROH brutal powerhouse. Nice, closely contested match. Loved the finish (cause my bruv won!) and the way it was done.
    The Bloody Bastards
    Excited to see Jason back. Looking forward to it.

Impulse vs Reaper.
    Are we going to see the Greeper? What a match! Contrasting wrestling styles here, a big powerful guy vs a small technician. Very nicely written, and worthy of a main event. I think the finish was a little weak for a change of title, but im SURE this one isnít done. I think this backfires in Reapers face maybe!? I donít know but congrats to the man as this was a much deserved win! The SOHER moves on!

Deal With Devil
    The handshake o doom! Big things coming from this im sure! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m, historically, very consistent with feedback. This round catches me in a pretty busy period. I read the card during work on my phone… I’m going back and skimming it as I write this, so I hope I don’t miss anything. Also, skipped Uncut because I wrote three of the four segments. Which, the only outlier … Jason’s … is mentioned below.

Also shout out to Mikey … gone and STILL feeding those backs! Also … Greaper… So GREAT!

Fight Now Plz
    Kendrix stepping out for the first time completely sans Mikey amidst a PCP face turn, cannot wait to see how he addresses it. The chants are awesome. Since I first got here I’ve been a big fan of JFK, always a stellar heel. He is similar enough to Mikey for the two of them to have worked together seamlessly but just different enough to really stand out. I’m hoping the reignited feud with Natas will really elevate him beyond the Bruvs and the fallen SEG. And clearly Natas isn’t fucking around. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

Cally Rolls Her Eyes

Cayle is on a tear … he doesn’t even want Impulse to impede on his vengance. Though, he clearly is letting that blood lust skew his view of the people who has his best interest in mind. That offense is enough to raise the ire of the normally deadpan Champ… This will be VERY interesting in the coming weeks. Cally is hilarious here as per usual.

The Ones Who Do The Challenging
    Funny stuff, of course. Carrying on from SEG antics but bending it toward the mannerisms of faces … or at least heels in active reform. Although I think to Faithful they already made the turn, not sure how much the need to pinpoint the differences is needed. The people are behind PCP, just GO. The turn was incredible, rather than milk it … go. That being said, still fantastic work. At least for this show I dig the oversold “subtleties” to bridge the gap. But hopefully, with the explosion of the tag situation this won’t be needed going forward. T-Bizzle in this bitch!! And the rain … it’s a coming!

PCP vs TBizzle Presents The Storm
    I dug the match, a little short given the amount of matches on the card … but that really bares nothing on the handlers. And are we still doing short form? Lol This worked perfectly for what they were trying to accomplish. I think I would have liked to see the Champs be wronged, in a non-title situation … rather than another successful deal … BUT with the Masked V.1 distraction clearly The Storm are fodder for more to come … although I suspect this won’t be the last we hear from them. Line of the match, “They’ve weathered The STORM!” Mostly because… I mean come on … how could you NOT?!

Heel Bruvs!
    Better title; “You got that, Boxy?” LOL
    I do think Box shines … and equally buries JFK a bit too much in his opening salvo, but small gripe at best. And then I re-read. This segment is perfect. JFK’s co-dependancey shines without really killing him as a competitor. Also, hilarious.

Ownership
    Looks like the BAWS isn't a big fan of his petulant creation off the leash. It'll be interesting to see if Dane can get cleared or what he'll do instead.

BRONSON BOX & KENDRIX VS. JASON NATAS & CAYLE MURRAY

Great match. The finish was unexpected but I dig it! Lengthy entrances but for this type of match… quick read! And compelling! Great way to mix two of the biggest feuds going! My only thing is .. why did Cayle have no “mean streak” after just showing some toward a friend earlier… albeit I suppose that could be filed under hurting the ones you are the closest to.., but I dug this end all be all … worst case scenario … “WE GOT OURSELVES A TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA!”

The Bloody Bastards
    Quick segment. Well written. Super interested to see how they will play into the tag team scene. Especially considering the Uncut segment with Wilde talking with T4H … could this all boil down to Trickle-Bizzle vs Wilde Style? The tag div is FULL of intrigue.

Impulse vs Reaper.
    I always love a rogue title change on TV. Especially when it wasn't defended on the ppv. I dug the match and I think it was well written. I can’t really speculate given I’m semi-involved. But Reaper Co is and will be a force to be reckoned with … especially NOW in GOLD! lol

Deal With Devil
    Didn’t see that coming … well kind of did after the segment earlier, but the match didn’t seem to sell that … but that may have just been the editorialization of the commentation station. That being said … HELL of a cliff hanger for the show. What will happen next!? I’m interested.
    Last edited by BWade; 04-24-17 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Fixed was/wasn't typo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHIT BRUV, NO FANS
    I always dig with the show line up is shaken up a little with a cold open rather than jumping straight into the Rundown. I think Iíve mentioned prior that I was disappointed to see the Natas thing take a break and that Iím glad to see it steamrolling ahead again. The two in the wild are natural enemies, braun vs clever dick head. No-nonsense vs all the nonsense. Good opening segment.

THE RUNDOWN
    Wrote it, looks way shorter posted than I thought it was. Hope it served itís purpose though.

CAYLE MURRAY vs. IMPULSE
    Opening and entrances were nice and short but also got over what needed to be. The match is off to great start and as Angus states the inevitable happens. Before that the Cally stuff plays really well. The heels get the short end of the stick this go Ďround but this properly highlights the respective matches they surely have coming up.

LET THEM EAT CAKE!
    Nice quick little segment. MV#1 is entertaining as ever. Jenkinís closing line worked nicely as well. With so much going on in the tag team scene as of late itís nice to see everything is coming together and this is clearly setting up for something more.

REINHARDT HOFFMAN vs. JACK HUNTER
    Quick match, super smash and all but Hunter is always hilariously stupid. Canít say this makes Hoffman look strong being that is Hunter but it shows a cold and calculated mean streak. Good launching pad for Hoffman.

CODENAME: REAPED
    A little more cutting delivery from Impulse than usual. And it seems as if he is familiar with Reaper beyond the mask. The challenge is laid out there or more like demanded so the rematch cometh.

THE BASTARD SONS OF WRESTLING vs. THUGS 4 HIRE (BRAZEN)
    Decent match although I found it a little hard to follow at points. The commentary felt weird in places but I havenít been around long enough to claim I know perfectly how those two should or should not be written; so ignore that. Otherwise, Bastard Sons debut and go over on BRAZENís resident Thugs. Good launch point, debut strong with a win and move on the bigger fish and all that. Works well. The only thing, I think, this is really missing is the ride out Ö After the THREE count all we get is the one line. Iíd would have liked to have seen DDK and Angus do a little bit of a post mortem here to put over the win. Especially considering this is a debut.

SHUT UP, LYKOS
    Should have seen it coming. Didnít but should have. I was wrapped up the Box talk and speak Kendrix name and he shall appear. Great companion piece to the original. The title of this seg was completely lost on me

LET THEM EAT CAKE, TOO!
    That escalated quickly and ended with a little bit of intrigue. Itís simple to see where this is probably going but how they intend on getting there is the question. Especially given that last line of dialogue. Iím definitely interested. Good segment.

SCALPS
    This was reading like the corruption of Cayle Murray for a minute. Fascinating to say the least. At nearly the last minute Cayle pulls it out of the nose dive a reminds folks heís face-ist. Could have ended there but as it goes along it slides into this weird grey area. Which going into one last Box/Murray battle, being unsure what Cayle is willing to do for that scalp is pretty compelling.

BRONSON BOX vs. JASON NATAS
    Angusí deflated ďHoss fight?Ē is great. Barn burner of a match to say the least. I wasnít really sure who would come out on top. Box pulling it out in the end plays well though keep him looking ever so beastly moving into the pay per view. Boxís deal at the end was top notch heel shit. And no ropesÖ thatíll be interesting. One question though, Angus says something about all ten ropes gone. Wouldnít there be 12? Or am I counting wrong. 4 sides, three a peice. Another small nitpicky gripe, early in the match DDK says that both are highly skilled grapplers. Later itís mentioned that ďJason Natas doesnít have a clue what the phrase ďtechnical wrestlingĒ even means.Ē Nitpicky for sure but something that stuck out for me. Great match otherwise, great main event. It certainly pushes along Box/Cayle/Dane and potentially weakens Natas/JFK.

OVERALL
    Good show, quick read all in all. Still some inconsistencies as far as format but nothing to big to really whine about. I donít think the length stuff (not counting the main) will ever really be adhered to but at the same time I think this card, in length, wasnít too beastily to take in a sitting. The continuity of this show was great as well. I canít remember any instances of odd timings or Cuts to places that in the next segment didnít match up. Moving toward DEFRoad, this feels like a solid early card in this arc. Kudos to everyone. Just dawned on me as well ... FIST-less show. Not a huge fan of that BUT with so much stuff going on that could help build to something larger.

As usual, drunkenly typed not read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the FIST absence. Been a shitty week. Got pneumonia and a metric ton of work drama and RL.

Thread Information