login  |  Register

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DEFIANCE ROAD Arc Discussion/Feedback Thread - DEFtv 83 is live!

Rundown: This is exactly the kind of thing I would expect for a PPV rundown. Did a good job of selling each match featured on the card, served as a nice reminder of the larger points of each feud. Good work.

Scottish Civil War: This segment was so convincing that I had to ask Murr if the history was real or not. I’ll keep the answer to myself. I was worried about a song segment because I’ve seen them fall flat before but this one did an amazing job of setting the scene for the opening contest of the night.

I Will Be Worse: This is a seg where you know what’s coming sort of just based on the title. I was really impressed with the piss and vinegar pulsating through Murray’s veins here. Got me very excited for the match.

No Ropes Cayle vs. Box: Holy hell was this thing a read. Both Evan and Murr did a great job with this one. I didn’t have any problems visualizing anything that was happening in the match. Sometimes with gimmick matches I feel like that can happen. The psychology that was on display here was A plus, for real. I liked the nods to Eric Dane, thought that did a good job of bringing that little loop into play. I only have one real question after this one - where does Box go from here? That’s an overarching story from the DEF Road show - it was very much an “Everyone gets on a boat” episode - where as there were more questions asked, than answered at times.

That Had To Hurt: My eyes rolled out of my head that Cally was backstage waiting for Cayle, but that was the whole point wasn’t it? Good job of Murr kind of showing that in Cayle’s lines.Kinda loved the punch heard round the world, sort of satisfying in a way.

Ladder War: Hope everyone enjoyed this. While I would’ve liked it to be a little better and contain some more thought out stuff, I think me and the boys did a really good job. Was fun getting my feet wet again, can’t wait to continue the full dive into this pool of crazy. Thanks Paul for all the fun, hurry back!

Daviance: I knew that Mikey was coming back with the Hightower character. I like Swayers as the mouthpiece. Can’t wait to see what Mikey can come up with once he finds his footing with the new guy. I know there are some plans down the ways a bit. #HistoryRevisted

Knock’em Back: As soon as I read this I knew something was up. You can say I’m lying, but I know Justin. I know how he works, I’ve been around him for a whole decade now, and I saw the Eric Dane gears turning, just didn’t know WHAT was going to happen. Just had a feeling. Did a good job of capturing almost this giddy air around Dane as he tries to screw Penn. Liked it alot.

Natas vs. Kendrix: Sad to see the big boy go, but maybe it’s time. Once I saw the ending of this match I also thought to myself that Cayle would somehow win the FIST. First show in a while I read more as a fan than a handler. And Natas was a favorite. Kendrix gets a HUGE win, pushed up the card, the whole nine. Honestly didn’t think this would end this way but glad it did. Kendrix is on fire recently, nowhere to go put up. This match did a really good job of capturing the emotion that went into this feud - as it’s been one of the hottest/most favorite of mine recently. Good work lads.

Bravado: Little quick hitter that answers my “What Will Box Do Next?” question. Him vs. Impulse? That could be a thing. Good little bit of hype before the SoHER too.

Baggage Claim: I know we’ve discussed this show being very Attitude Era - this segment is one of those moments where I felt that way. For some reason it had a very AE affect on me. I’ll discuss it a bit more when we get to the Douglas match.

Codename Reaper vs. Impulse: Let’s start with the match - good match, told a story, glad to see the ending was Impulse going over but I’ve got to say that the SoHER Title got really lost in this feud - for me. It was almost an afterthought to whatever mind games are going on between those involved in the feud, which is fine - but as a former SoHER holder myself also makes me a bit disappointed. Peter Rusev, please restore this belt to all its former glory. Please and of course, thank you. Now for the revea, I’m confused. I get that’s the point. And I understand you won’t blow the whole load at once, but it reminds me of other angles I’ve seen over my many stays here that totally checked me out. Be careful not to build too much drama, without giving any answers, or we’ll have a LOST situation on our hands here and that’s no good for anyone.

Spyin: Now I really knew something was up, I was very intrigued.

Midori Sour vs. Scott Douglas: Jeeper Reapers was my line of the night. Really liked Douglas going over here and not unmasking MDK. Again, the note I said for the SoHER Match applies here, there’s still a fair share of mystery behind this one and I thought we may get a little more in the way of answers at this show. Can’t blame anyone for saving it for DEFCON though! Hopefully we hear more about this one!

Who Are You: Very cryptic, I kept trying to put together who this was. Dan Ryan mention - more on this obviously later - I’m interested to see how he comes into this. See my previous notes for the mystery stuff.

The Call: This is the only ME related segment that didn’t have me thinking ME, for some reason I truly thought we would get a BRUVS reunion. So good job with the swerve on me there. Well done indeed.

The ME: All out war and I loved it. From the beginning to the end this was as solid a Main Event as I’ve seen in my entire e-fedding career. Just had basically everything you could ask for and then some. I want to know if the Dan Ryan run in was a one off or will there be more. Congrats to Cayle Murray for finally getting over the hump - has gotta be the greatest day of that dude’s career right? Well deserved Andy the Murr. Well done staff for totally swerving your roster. That’s something I always appreciate, especially when the guys swerving have amazing ideas.

Now: how do we top it~!?

Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rundown
    I like the music video description, that’s realistic for a big show, and shows all of the feuds that have led us to this show. The graphic is great too, not sure if it's the same we used from last year, but it’s good stuff. Signs are great as usual Baybay! Quick recap of the biggest matches on the card, before the smooth transition right into the first match. Aces baby!

The Scottish Revolutionary World (Gulf) War.
    A music video that encapsulates 12 months worth of feud in 3 pages. Very well done guys. This was a fun read, i'm not a fan of the lyrics but they do a great job of showing the breaks in between events. This has been an awesome feud from front to back and this is both for people who weren’t here for all of it, or even better, people who didn’t pick up on certain things as feud related. The Feedback Blowjobs continue!

I Will Be Wurst
    You know, I have no idea, but I bet Christy Zane is hot… she’s got a hot name, and she’s always dressed “to the nines” Amazing promo from Andy Murray. He goes over his early life story and what brought him to the show. He built it up before bringing Box in. Good stuff. Loved this and got me fired up for the match. The only dig is he says “I’m tired of being Andy’s little brother” then goes right into a story about “I watched my older brother leave for America and he was my hero” so it sounded a little mixed but this doesn’t take away from the promo whatsoever. Great stuff, lets do this.

No Ropes Match
    Enjoyed the pre match hype for this. (2 segs+commentary) but damn you guys better deliver if you’re hyping this much. Loved the entrances, had all the feels. It’s hard for me to remember there is a face and a heel in this match. Not because those definitions are blurred, but because part of me wants both guys to go over. Finally at the bell lol, and this is a fucking war. HOCKEY FITE! The barricades outside the ring, have essentially become the ropes! This dynamic of no ropes is a fun read. I’m flying through these pages with short sentences and commentary makes the long page count seem less daunting. The cord made of wire is a nice touch, should have split and stripped the rubber first to expose the copper underneath but I just say that because of my scrap metal career. And we have blood! Oh no copper, its galvanized! My bad (That would make it very hard to be used as a tie down tho) I love Box’s Headbutts. Always makes me wince. What kinda loser am I, that I sit here as a 29 year old, at work, and get antsy and excitable reading Fake Internet WrestleFites?... But i fuckin love it. Loved the description on the barricade powerbomb. This match is fucking brutal and amazing. I remember being told early on during my return, I have “way too much detail!” I think this match is the same way...but I appreciate it. The madness is terrific. The tearing apart of the ring is very detailed and the scene is painted very well. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH If Angus’ line about the Shadow Realm is beat tonight, I’ll be fucking surprised. The Super Boston Massacre (Which makes me realize i need to change Hightower’s finisher name) and The counter were both well written. Fuckin Brilliant. Loved the ending. No real false finishes other than the Massacre. I love that. The second pin attempt of the match seals it. I thought for sure when Murray was up and Box was limp, Murray would spike him. But alas, not today. Fucking Amazing Boys. Quite possibly the best match i’ve ever read. FOOKIN LOVED IT!

That Had To Hurt.
    Enjoyed this, It doesn’t do much for me angle wise, as I feel we just “closed the chapter” in the last match, but this was a cool follow up. Box is Box. sorry Cally.

Ladder War
    Isn’t “Ladder War” the ROH gimmick? Isn’t naming it that, the same as doing a “Hell In A Cell” match!? Loved the opening commentary and the hype job. Enjoyed Angus cutting it off too. That masked Violators entrance! HAHAHAHA, It was a thing of beauty! I love how different the two lads are. LOL the PCP entrance and jealousy of MV’s entrance is perfect! SEGWAYS! THROWBACK! The action is good off the rip and follows the Motif that’s been in place the entire arc. MV’s and Storm are feuding, PCP is avoiding action, and Bastards are picking their spots. Good sound strat. Nice spots in here, loved the D and MV1 wrestling, the big ladder spot and Elise’s ass being worried about is fun. The zipline gimmick was a good touch. The two teams being kicked out doesn’t do it for me. It’s no dq… It’s a wrestling match. I get why it happened… “hitting staff” but I don’t like it on PPV. the 2 on 2 match that was left after this was very good! I finally got a little more feel for the Bastards in this one, which is finally starting to clear the fog. PCP is up to the usual antics, had me laughing when posing and all the Klein stuff. A nice finish here, At first I thought this read long but it kept my interest and emotion the whole way .Good shit guys. More interested in where this goes now, then I was before the match.

Daviance
    I Rote Dis.

Knock Em Back
    Cayle Murray is recovering slowly in the medical office, Eric Dane asks if he’s still cleared to Wrestle tonight. Confusion abounds! Good SCHtuff. Intrigue!

Natas vs Kendrix
    LOVED this feud, sooooo ready for this match. Nice commentary prematch to set this up and remind the fans of what’s on the line. We start off super hot as Natas wastes no time getting started, which is terrific given his mindset going into this. JFK bails as a smart heel would do. Natas is brutal early on, and we have blood already! JFK is busted up! Liked the early false finishes. Bleeding from chops sounds fucking brutal. No thanks! This is an odd match, lots of big things happening quick. The Kendrix Kross is a good look here, but I don’t believe it’s going to end yet. Love JFK falling out of the ring after the lariat tho. Kendrix changing his style up to Match Natas is awesome, that’s how a wrestler should be, able to adapt. Love that in EVERY JFK match there's some point where JFK just stops the offense, slaps or punches someone in the face, and then tells them how he’s about to beat them. LOVE IT. Kendrix kicks out of the great piledriver false finish. Angus says JFK has taken BOTH of Natas biggest moves, but in reality it was the TRIFECTA! FOEHAMMER, South Bronx Lariat, and the Piledriver. WOOO! Another nice False Fini with the Kross again. Awesome ending to this, this was great. Both guys look like a million bucks, even with Natas gone, This was the quintessential Kendrix match. He was highlighted throughout not only as the Sports Entertainment Douche he is, but also as a guy who has “another gear”. Great job gents. This helps elevate Kendrix to a new level.

Bravado
    Impulse checking in on Cally, he needs to focus up on his match, not wherever Box is. Good Schtuff.

Baggage Claim
    INTRIGUE! Will Scott Douglas make it in time for his match!? (OBVS!)

Impulse vs Reaper CO.
    Good start to the match, interesting entrance from Reaper co. and good commentary. I liked the pacing with Impulse trying to keep it quick in the early going with the cross body’s and the flying around. It doesn’t take long for Reaper to take hold of the easy target, the injured limb. Classic wrestling logic, and works. Isn’t it weird how different body parts make different sounds on the ring post. LOL’d at this. THe rest of the match goes well, it’s fun and fits both people’s style. The Dragon Suplex win was surprising and I mean it in a good way… then the reveal… No, Creepy Justin…. Just No.

Impulse & Eric Dane Segs
    Pete is king of the 100 word segs and makes em mean something, good stuff. Something is better than nothing 100% of the time. THe Eric Dane bit is coming together.

MDK vs Scotttttt Douglas

I’ve never heard of a time limit win BEFORE a match… I can see being in a hurry, and I can see the opponent wanting the easy count out win, but I can’t see the referee ringing the bell without everyone in the ring and ready. So with that behind me, lets get the match going. I feel like this is the Angus I know. The one who loathes faces, I miss him. Sour Hour Kowasaki had me popping. KOWABUNGA! Nailed it! Surprised to see Douglas maintain the advantage but it makes sense given the emotion he has on display. MDK is cowwering a bit but it works well cause he keeps getting back up. Mouserat! I C Wut U Did Der. Love the babyface fire. Here comes MDK with some big impact moves, Nice dramatic finish and believeable. Angus was enjoyable throughout. Douglas ia good face and doesn’t do the “dastardly” thing and take off the mask. Then MDK is arrested as we learn the identity of MDK and the mysterious woman. Great stuff.

Who Are You

Creepy Justin explains the reapers and their actions tonight in as convoluted and mysterious way as possible. Although appearing in 4-5 Straight segs/match hurt this a little as I was ready for the next thing.

The Call
    HAHAHAHAHAAHA I popped through it all. Not onlly cause the end Angus quote was terrifc, but becuase the segment is a nice bit of ~Intrigue!~

Dane vs Penn
    As soon as Penn goes to talk Dane’s music hits! Oh shit this is not only a TLC Gimmick (Don’t Go Chasing Waterfalls) but it’s a four waaayyy! Nice swerveaderp! Liked that everyone went for it right off the rip, And the obvious pairs...paired off. This reads as exciting, if such a thing is possible. Good action all around, had to do this one in one long read because of the multiheads and whenever that happens it’s easy to get lost. Nice Bellend off the ladder, Nice crotchspot and commentary. Saw “Another gear” from all 3 of the guys who wrestled twice. Lots o spots. Huge finish with Dan Ryan Returning and Cayle Murray and Kendrix doing the double dangle. Great stufffffff. Congrats to Murrrrphisto on FISTing the competition. Well deserved!

Great sho errrrbudy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going old-school-beef format on ya~! Road beef is best beef.

MATCH OF THE NIGHT
    I know the obvious choice is the main event... but I've gotta tell ya... I enjoyed Box/Cayle more. This has been my favorite story, without a doubt, since coming to DEFIANCE. Cayle was pushed to his limit and then some, over the edge... and gets the big win when it counts...

MOMENT OF THE NIGHT
    Reaper's reveal. Having known Justin for close on 20 years, it's awesome to have watched him grow as a writer. Even more awesome when you know (some of?) what Reaper seems to be hinting at and talking about. Yeah, my perspective may be a little different than some others in the fed... but, if what I think is coming is coming... y'all are in for a ride Also, honorable mention to Box punching DEFIANCE's favorite twit in the mug.

ANGLE OF THE NIGHT
    Tie between the main event swerve and Midorikawa reveal... re: main event, some great, subtle seeds planted throughout the show that I wasn't able to connect the dots on. *Really* curious to see where Penn goes from here? And is Dan Ryan REALLY back? Or is he just the ultimate big match spoiler? As for Douglas... LOVED the build up to get him to the ring. Fucking. Loved it. Is this chapter fully closed now, for him? Can he move forward?

HEEL OF THE NIGHT
    Holy fucking Kendricks. Sky is the limit with this dude. Really enjoyed this match. Brutal.
    BABYFACE OF THE NIGHT
    Duh. Cayle didn't just climb the mountain, he etched his face on the side of it. Great shit.

Really fun arc. Extremely excited to see what happened here evolve into more craziness.

As for me... That news wasn't fake! I've put the Violators (and The STORM) on the shelf for now. For a handful of reasons. I came here with my buddy Jamar, hoping to see a story we conceived years ago through to the end... but we never really got it off the ground bc, due to circumstance outside "the game", he had to bow out almost immediately which put me in a holding pattern. Booking snafus and just a general inability on my part to find my rhythm here compounded things. So yeah. Taking a break. Reassessing. I'm going to pull a Mikey Unlikely and leave without leaving. You're going to miss me AND be sick of me at the same time! Big ups to Tom, Billy, and Jason for dealing with a handler-without-a-smile this past arc. Very glad peeps seemed to enjoy our match and looking forward to seeing where those 3 take the titles and their respective characters. I'll be reading!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UNCUT 22 BEEF!!!

Show Open?
    That's what i'm talking about Angus! Party that shit up bro!! Be proud!

Bloody Mic
    Firstly can you teach me your greatness Evan? Great promo.. very just angry... that's why I love the Bronson Box character. Since i've been apart of DEFIANCE he has been the ICON to me of DEFIANCE. Character wise I look up to him because he's been here so long and been so dominant as a bad ass, he lost to Cayle? So what bitches who's next? Kendrix? Impulse? What about Reaper? What about Scott Douglas. Stand him up, he'll challenge them all one by one.

Special Delivery
    Great promo from the new FIST. Something strange gets delivered and suddenly a talking laptop. What the hell is up with that? Intrigue for sure. Can't wait to see Cayle's reign and how the FIST scene shakes out from all of this!!

Arrested Development (Finale)
    MDK is going to the slammer or should I say Derrick Allen? The importance of UNCUT resonates strong in this promo and it resonated strong throughout the Scott Douglas story. This is a wake up call to peeps that don't peep UNCUT. You are missing the story. Not to say that anyone is skipping out on it but it's important to see what's going on on this show as much as DEFtv.

Sun Shiny Day
    Where do I sign up to be managed by Nigel? Where does he get that fabulous umbrella? Why do we not have more of him already? Wait... we do. And here it is. He talks about his power... but what power could he have with no one to manage? Or is that the mislead? What the fuck does he mean he's controlling shit? That's Reaper's job baby!! Just kidding (not really). Great promo... Thank you Paul for giving me a reason to watch UNCUT.

Another World
    What the fuck did you do Impulse? Why wouldn't this be happening, bruv? Tell me more about how you screwed up DEFIANCE by turning sweet little *Undisclosed Name because you would know who it is by reading UNCUT* into this TERRIBLE MONSTER?!? It's definitely the Marathon Man's fault and I can't wait till he pays for it in a bloody act of violence terror and insanity... this world you speak of.... It's definitely another one.

Overall
    Not entirely sober writing this so I apologize for the randomness. I hope all the new peeps dive into UNCUT more because I want the promos! I CRAVE... the promos. I am glad to see so many new faces and can't wait to see the Bruhh Nastys', Hightower's, That Family that's on the roster, Blackwood, HI!!!! I LIKE GRAPS!!!!!!, If I missed anyone I'm sorry it's not on purpose.

GIVE ME MORE UNCUT! PEACE!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayshort View Post
    Triple X: And, don't worry about Jason. He'll keep ending careers, destroying lives, and redefining what it means to be most insane son-of-a-b[BEEP]tch this industry has ever seen in Stalker's World.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloody Mic: Promos that make me wish we still did roleplays are one of the reasons I love Defiance. Evan really did a good job with this one. Very hype to see what’s next for Boxer now. Good work.

Special Delivery: Again see the comments from Evans. How do you make something so hot, even hotter - easy - you add an angle that reminds you of the good old days. If there isn’t a hundred questions in your head after reading this one, check the pulses.

Sun Shiny Day: Is LORD Nigel behind the segment before? Confused, a bit but I wanna know more about where this is all headed. Nigel can get do these things that are out there cause no one really buys it, I feel - but I want him to capitalize on that at some point.

Missed Birthday: Flashback segment. Like these, building the depth of the character for me.

Another World: The shift to a Noir style sort of was a bit jarring. After reading it through I liked it, as it certainly is providing a ton of information to this backstory. I often have to ask if all this backstory stuff is shoe horned in, or if it actually happened - that’s a good thing right?

Origin Stories: I liked this one a lot, fit the other segment earlier. Continuity is always key in a storyline like this FOR SURE.

Good work this week guys, hoping to add more to UnCut this arc!

Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illadelphia View Post
    Another World: The shift to a Noir style sort of was a bit jarring. After reading it through I liked it, as it certainly is providing a ton of information to this backstory. I often have to ask if all this backstory stuff is shoe horned in, or if it actually happened - that’s a good thing right?

Just a heads up on this, I have tried to write my various characters with completely different styles because I'm insane like that - back when i first joined DEF and the people who ran things said "You can do whatever you want with UNCUT," I decided to do all of my solo UNCUT segs in the Impulse-voice.

Also, as far as the backstory goes - you'll have to wait.
    "Every generation needs a revolution." - Magnetic Poetry (original)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SHOW OPEN?
    Quick show open, works well especially considering what took place at the pay per view. I’m not sure these “shows” actually need anymore than that. I think the TV studio intro is nice but with no closing or interstitials ... almost doesn’t make sense. So, I prefer the short or … maybe now intro. That being said if the intro was followed by other segments, sort of turning UNCUT into Bobby The Brain and Monsoon’s Primetime type show (with segments rather than matches) … that would be nice. But … tbf would also add to the workload for a off week show.

BLOOD MIC
    Amazing fire in this promo. I found myself speeding through the action to get to the next section of dialogue, and having to double back realizing I didn’t retain anything I read. The dialogue was crazy. Box is DEF.

SPECIAL DELIVERY
    I certainly did not see this coming … very interesting seeing Cayle involved in some Illuminati-esque weird shit. Given the recent push for world building I wonder if this is simply a product of that or signs of more to come. Either way … this was a great read and if it is going to progress I’m extremely interested in what is a foot.

SUN SHINY DAY
    LOVELY! The title makes me think of the “Oh Happy Day” for some reason… I read it in that tune. Shout out to Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit. What the hell is Tricklebishle up to now? More TB the better, unless you are an early American Settler. Storm is gone … Those who violate in masks are gone… what is the business? Can’t wait to find out.

HOME VIDEO: MISSED BIRTHDAY/ORIGIN STORIES: NAMESAKES
    I helped a little with this, so … I won’t go to in depth but I will say Justin is clearly the backstory king. World Building times ten with these segments. Having worked with Justin over the past year I tend to be privy to a little more than most but … as I’ve said before he always has a trick or two up his pocket so I’m not even sure where exactly this is going. But the camcorder angle is perfect and gives him a great avenue to keep showing how these people (and introduce others) became what they became.

ANOTHER WORLD
    … and the theme song for A Different World is in my head now, apropos to nothing. I’m glad to see Pete using this format again in the past weeks. I am a fan and like that UNCUT is being used in different ways, seems like the perfect place for it. Segment lays out some history or at least mentions that it exists. At some point Impulse has done something to bring forth the wrath of the Reaper. And it seems we are getting closer to finding out what that is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information