login  |  Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Regarding Hosting/Forums

Hello,

I participated in a couple of E-Feds on this site some time ago and have a question about hosting/posting on this site a self-contained umbrella e-fed. I am certain that this idea has been done before, but allow me to describe so I am clear on what it is I am trying to do and whether these forums could/would host my e-fed.

A while ago, I was using the TNM7 program to run a NWA style circuit where I had three and later four individual territories that ran individually, but then would have shows where they would intersect and overarching "umbrella" titles, where the holders would travel to the different regions to defend on a scheduled basis. Of course, with the advance of technology (and likewise with the planned obsolescence), those files are now lost.

In order to scratch the itch, I was hoping to revive these feds in e-fed form in a self-contained universe, where I would simply provide the rosters of each region and the umbrella as a whole, book them and post the shows.

Now, the posting of the shows is the issue and I remembered these forums. So basically, my question is whether these forums or this website would be interested in hosting such an endeavor as I am looking for a home. Where I should post or begin if there is a designated corner of these forums?

Admittedly, I am not terribly tech savvy so I may need to be walked through the process if it requires much technological know-how. If this site would not be the proper forum, but someone knows of other another avenue for me to start on this misadventure, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Pat

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Question Regarding Hosting/Forums

Hi Pat,

You posted in the right forum. A few questions for you, as a starting point:

It sounds to me like what you're describing is solely a personal creative writing project where you'd be doing all the writing and show production. Is this correct or would you also be recruiting participants to write alongside you in this self-contained interfed?

Are you only looking for forum hosting (like what DEFIANCE, LoC, and NBW have here) or are you also looking for website hosting?

What would be your timetable for starting this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it would be my personal project with me writing and doing the show production.

I was thinking forum hosting would be the best way to go, at least, at the start.

I have some material written, which needs tweaked. I would probably be starting within the next two weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Minstrel View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it would be my personal project with me writing and doing the show production.

I was thinking forum hosting would be the best way to go, at least, at the start.

I have some material written, which needs tweaked. I would probably be starting within the next two weeks.
    Just to follow up, I don't even know if I would be looking for my own sub-forum, a simple thread might even suffice for the time being. But again, I am not even sure where that thread would fit in terms where I should post it.

Thread Information