login  |  Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DEFIANCE ROAD ARC DISCUSSION THREAD - DEFtv #61 IS LIVE!

I think if we're going to add these extra authorities, they should be fazed in near the ned of this arc to be used in the next one. Really stretch the Evans character out and then one of the storylines (probably the Omega one, or even the LT/Box one) pushes her to the breaking point and requires the spreading out of power going into the next arc. That way we don't just suddenly have these extra authoritative figures running around on Def #62 or #63 with little build-up to them.

In other words, take this criticism and make it into the plot of Kelly Evans for this arc to bring about the change

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by El Trebol View Post
    I think if we're going to add these extra authorities, they should be fazed in near the ned of this arc to be used in the next one. Really stretch the Evans character out and then one of the storylines (probably the Omega one, or even the LT/Box one) pushes her to the breaking point and requires the spreading out of power going into the next arc. That way we don't just suddenly have these extra authoritative figures running around on Def #62 or #63 with little build-up to them.

In other words, take this criticism and make it into the plot of Kelly Evans for this arc to bring about the change

This.

I sent an idea to James on how to do it, will leave it to him to share if he wants.
    "Every generation needs a revolution." - Magnetic Poetry (original)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEAT OF POWER
    I’ve grown so used to reading Eric Dane as a subhuman piece of shit over in Utah that it took a second read-through for me to register his positivity in this seg. Great banter from all three characters. “Hello Darkness, my old friend” made me snortlaugh. Pretty glad this itch was scratched early in the show and that Testicle Man has already made his attentions very clear, because it means he can get rolling with the forkings ASAP. Good seg, did everything it needed to.

CAKE DAY CANCELLATION
    My word, this was awesome. I thought we were about to roll into a second full-on cold open when it started, but I didn’t mind, because Abigail/Euge interactions were on-point. Signs were funny: thanks for the shout-outs. Eugene’s nerdrage bitch-fit was just absolutely incredible, especially when he punted the goddamn monkey. The whole thing’s just so wonderfully pathetic that it’s absolutely perfect for Eugene’s high-nerd overlord personality, and Dan Ryan’s bulletproof barbs make him the perfect foil. Great segment.

BOSS BITCH AND QUEEN BITCH
    When it came to the spiking incident, I think I was probably the loudest critical voice. Been looking forward to this revelatory segment for weeks, so it was cool to see it pop-up so early. “This isn’t the first time I’ve done something like this” is good. “Box and Jane have been shits to me for a whole year” is good. Something’s just stopping me from fully getting behind Troy in this situation, though. I obviously really like the character and I’m not saying she should come-out overly rueful, but I’m still not getting much that makes me think “okay, fair enough.” Maybe I’m just being a shitty reader.

THE MURRAY BROTHERS VS. ANGEL CITY EXXXPRESS
    I wrote this.

SPANISH WORDS
    Hayzoose, Kelly Evans is having a busy night. Not necessarily anything wrong with that at this stage in the show. Good context on who ETJ is with the shout-outs to his Wildfire Title run/Sean Jackson victory/After Hours GM stint, before giving him the platform to get over on his own merit with the Ty match. Pretty much exactly what we spoke about on radio, really. ETJ is an entertaining little dude and I’m looking forward to seeing what he does in DEFIANCE.

WHERE’S THE BEEF?
    Knew this was gonna be good as soon as Mikey told me about it. Petty gripe: “RAAAHHHHHHHHHH!”. I used to moan about it all the time in PRIME, so it’s only right to do it here as well :P. Sharp is very likeable and “I’ve been knocked down, but I’ll get right back up again” is babyface 101. His speech pattern is a little jarring at times (“”Okay, then. Yep. Sucks. Big, fat, floppy donkey balls. Bruised ribs.”) but other than that, no real complaints. Love the idea of the ridiculous, OTT pyrotechnic display for Mikey coming-out and he’s playing the “I am above DEFIANCE” thing very well indeed. These guys have a nice dynamic already and I’m excited for the rest of the feud.

ANGEL TRINIDAD VS. JASON NATAS
    Seth carried the water here, I just came-in and tightened a few Natas-related nuts and bolts. Seth really gets the story I’m trying to tell here. Natas just isn’t going to beat an athletic beast like Angel at this stage, but the fighting spirit was sold incredibly well, especially when Natas starts getting back into it mid-match. Really great stuff. Angel continues to look like a freak and Natas keeps making that slow progress. Couldn’t have asked for much more from this.

THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE HOME
    I wrote this with Juicy J. Love that we’re able to keep working together after spending the last 3-4 months of UTA writing segments together every week.

YOU DO NOT MESS WITH CURTIS PENN
    LOL, fuck this guy. Good promo. Great heelish excuse for losing his belt, and the paranoid bullheaded reaction to the influx of new guys was well played. Guy wants to dig his heels in and fight for his spot: maybe he’s a little worried about it, but a big-time heel’s never going to admit that. Glad he got some face-time after the ladder war.

EL TREBOL JR. VS. TYRONE WALKER
    Good stuff. I don’t think “midget vs. normal person” matches are as hard to write as people suggest: just watch a couple Lucha Underground shows and you’re good to go. It’s kinda hard to go into too much detail on these shorter matches, right? This was well-paced and complimentary to both wrestlers’ styles. ETJ looked like he belongs in DEFIANCE, and that’s the main thing.

ASTERISKS
    I wrote this with James.

A WARRIOR’S CALL
    Love that the interview stage is getting used on this show. I semi-remember Mushi from the cup of coffee I had here in 2014, and “The God-Beast” is still a fantastic nickname. I also love that all you dudes are putting the new signings over in segments, even in-passing. I thought this was a really good segment. Dante seems like a smart cat, so of course he’s been keeping an eye on DEFIANCE’s proceedings while he’s been away. The Sam Horry call-out makes perfect sense, and Jesus Christ, that’s gonna be one hell of a violent slog. Nice re-introduction for Mushi here.

CHANCE VON CRANK VS. HENRY KEYES
    I liked this match at Ascension and fell in-love with cVc in the process, but I’m never too hot for immediate rematches. Does make sense given recent OOC proceedings, but I dunno. I prefer to let things marinate for a little while longer. Gotta make lemonade when life gives you lemons though. Decent, short match that puts Keyes over. Love me a BELL CLAP or two.

STREET FIGHTED
    I wrote this. Hope Jack isn’t too stupid for DEFIANCE.

A KEY INTERACTION
    LOLOLOL. Jesus Christ, I love me some Henri Key-es. Sure, Van Carver’s intro is a little inauspicious here, but I pretty much know what’s coming with these two and I think it’s gonna be absolutely glorious. Keyes is such a little weirdo, and it’s kinda hard for me to put a finger on what exactly I love about the way he Sherlocks the shit out of Carver, but it’s super entertaining. The next step in this relationship will be more significant than this one, but the groundwork’s laid now. Fun stuff.

FDJ & DUSTY VS. SMB
    Love the contrast between these guys. They’re four big hosses, but one side’s all about the flash and flair while the other just wants to punch you in the head… even though SMB are totally capable of doing that too. I think we’ve pretty much nailed the “expanded summary” format at this point and this is another good match. Angel gets involved and boom, there’s your story progression.

CLAUSES AND CLAWS...ES
    Eugene is golden on this show… that differentiation between gorillas and monkeys, wow. That initial interaction kinda made the seg, because it’s relatively routine without it. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, though. It’s all about getting the FIST match off of this show and onto the PPV and it does it perfectly.

I WANT MY SHOT
    Pretty decent little set-up segment. I like Jake as the creepy weirdo dickhead man. Harmony maybe felt a little over-aggressive though: I like the fire, but there were a few things said throughout this that definitely put me off her a little bit. The message is spot-on, but the tone of the delivery is maybe a little heavy. Still, I’m excited for whatever comes next, and I liked the line about Penn keeping his balls in the bedside table a lot.

SOHER TITLE MATCH
    Fine match. Nothing wrong with it, really. Not a fan of immediate rematches, but whatever whatever. Harmony now looks like a very strong champion indeed.

HONORING YOUR AGREEMENT
    Liked the opening Kelly line which felt like a little nod to the number of segs she’d appeared in. Another good ‘un. Like the way Ed writes Omega’s dialogue, and the “we/us” thing is really starting to creep me the fuck out. Omega’s really got Kelly by the metaphorical balls. Should be fun to see him enact whatever ideas he’s got in his head. Poor Ty.

ANDY SHARP VS. #MOMCHARACTER
    This was comfortably the best match of the night, which is should be, given it’s the main event and gets a little more time than the others. Mom looks great in victory, Sharp looks great despite taking the L. Can’t really ask for much more than that, and Sharp feels like a very important player in DEFIANCE now. All about the post-match, though. Well-written, savage assault. Thought Box pulling-out the Humility Bomb on Troy was a great little storytelling touch. Troy with the ultimate show of “FUCK YOU” at the end to top it all off though. Good job.
    DEF: The Murray Brothers, Jack Hunter, Jason Natas.
    LoC: Andy Murray.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DEFIANCE ROAD ARC DISCUSSION THREAD - UNCUT #1 IS LIVE!

UNCUT #1 is up and running for your reading comprehension.
    I'm a Fig Newton of Your Imagination.

DEFIANCE WRESTLING ~ Stand up. Defy.
    * Dusty Griffith: the Unbreakable Pillar of DEFIANCE
    * Tyrone Walker: the Ol' Man River of DEFIANCE

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

GOOGLE DRIVE ~ jmsnrs716 @ gmail . com
    GOT A DOC, NEED A INVITE, SEND TO ABOVE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncut 1 Feedback

Deja Vu - Punctuation is your friend. Tons of Abigail lines just ending without any sort of punctuation at all. It’s pretty glaring as is the second show in a row with an external link. Just draws my eye out of the results and into the editing of said link which isn’t a good or bad thing, it’s just a thing. I liked the reference to Eugene’s monkey vs. ape debate last show, and I’ll be keeping my eye on the Green Bean’s rule over UnCut.

Welcome to the Show - take a shot everytime Angus says MOAR.

The Cool Kids Club - I’m a bit confused upon the initial read as to WHEN this takes place. There’s references to not competing “tonight” but since this show aired on the 28th that timeline confuses me. I imagine this takes place on DEFTV though, at some point - just after? More selling of Keyes keen knowledge of handshakes. I’m confused as to what this box is, confused as to Sharp’s role in this segment in general. I understand that Lindsay Troy’s personal relationships and family bonds are all headline news in Defiance, but I don’t think I need a Tyler Rayne reference in every show. I enjoyed the Keyes line that connected this segment to the one I wrote for our feud.

Really Awesome - Loved the Burt Reynolds line, followed by the D dropping SMOKEY. That’s continuity in the segment, mixed in with humor. Makes me a happy little nerd avoiding work right now. Could’ve used another gloss over as I see that an action line ended up stuck to some dialogue. These two could get out of hand with how vapid they are, but I enjoy it. A touch of Zoolander to these two.

Charity Work - Look at that, a little message at the bottom of the screen telling me when this segment happened. Take notes people, if we’re going to use this show to air “Previously Recorded” stuff make sure we’re mentioning that, as to not confuse people. FUCK YOU MURR, I TOTALLY CALLED IT WAS GOING TO BE JOHNNY DRAMA YOU LYING BASTARD! I really liked the Andy interaction with Mikey. Cayle is all rolling his eyes and Andy has had enough. Can’t wait for Andy to get his hands on Michael Q. Unlikeable.

Scotsmen - One Murray has used the Air Ship and traveled through space and time. THIS is why someone should get their peepers on the show before it goes live. I know no one likes to do this, but this is the exact thing it prevents. Or ya know, we just actually get better at using the backstage script. But hey, took me the whole segment to realize it was LAR. Good segment, liked it a lot. Shame it was bundled with the back to back Murrays. #BackToBack #Drake

Second Verse - So Sam is getting his own spotlight series? Would be nice if the Fight Team maybe expanded the scope of this? Pretty nice segment, liked it from a technical stand point.

Research - Wrote this. Continuing the angle Ben and I have.

A Look Back - I liked this segment, sold the HOSS members and their reactions to the SMB. I liked it.

Old Habits - Eric Dane doesn’t have an Android, does he? Like really? He just seems like an iPhone guy to me! Penn and Dane getting together. Penn going to find dirt on Kelly. Hope we get a Kelly answer to this.

Meanwhile - The lack of editing in this segment makes it quite difficult to read. So does the fourth wall breaking. I had to re-read it twice. It’s a shame cause it’s a good segment, just could’ve used a little love to make it an easier read. Especially with these two.

Job Interview - Greer is back?

Earn My Spot - This was good. Felt a little fake, with LAR recognizing Christie from TV. Defiance is that big in Scotland? But that’s nitpicking. Liked this segment. Set up the Highland Games quite nice.

Harm-O-Knee - FDJ and Harmony, sitting in a tree?

Bodybags - Loved writing this with Evan, can’t wait to write our match.

Prohibition - Didn’t dig this one, maybe I need more time to adjust to Dan Ryan but he was a straight BULLY here. I know he doesn’t fit into the heel or the face tropes because he’s Dan Ryan and all but I had a hard time understanding him here. Is it all from the fact that a seemingly harmless joke of a man offered him a drink of booze that he’s acting like King Shit? Is it the title? Is it both? Lots of things to think about but there’s no revelation. The show ends with nothing - to “the fan.” To us this sets up their already booked match, but the “fan” watching has no idea. I guess that’s good though?

Overall good first Uncut, everyone. I enjoy this style of show and I’m sure as we continue along we’ll get better at it.

Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing I'm going to start doing with UNCUT is requiring people to inform me when their segment takes place. What I mean is, there is a summary box that you can fill in with notes about the segment. This is more so that I can properly order the segments for UNCUT chronologically.

What I need to know is... Will the segment be happening...

"During" - This means the segment is an unseen bit that didn't air on DEFtv.

"After" - This means directly after the show, DEFtv has gone off the air.

"Off Day" - Meant for segments like the Frank/Harmony one where it was clearly a day or more after DEFtv.

You can also feel free to give me additional information along with those terms. Basically whatever helps me put the segments for UNCUT into an order that doesn't seem so random.

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having some swanky "During," "After," "Off day" graphics to include on the shows themselves would be neat. The "Uncut" graphic itself is great.

A few other points of clarity:

1. I'm more than happy to explain anything that doesn't make sense in the story I'm telling with LT, even if it's a seemingly throwaway Tyler Rayne reference (which don't really happen outside of this show, although Murrr wants me to troll you with them now ). There are things at work that have been building for awhile, and I know you won't know what they all are since you're new to DEF. Ask if you're interested, though. I won't tell you to eff off and go read three arcs worth of shows leading up to this point in order to understand things.

Regarding the "box" thing with Keyes, I highly suggest you read a segment called "Merry Keyesmas." You can find it here: http://defiancewrestling.com/results/109#1719

2. I thought we made it clear up front that the LT seg happened after the Box post-main event dealings. If that wasn't clear then it was a shortcoming on our part.

3. I will hopefully have some time to read the show later today and also provide feedback in case I'm not able to make it for the DEFcast on Friday.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See, I was under the impression that the timing for this was meant to be before the next show lineup was announced, in story.

We had the run sheet, but in story, this was meant to be before that Dan Ryan v. Keyes match was announced. In fact, that's how I was approached tow rite a segment in the first place. "Write a segment to set up Ryan v. Keyes." So I wrote this in tone expecting to write a news post after it went live saying Kelly Evans has booked Dan Ryan v. Keyes on DEFtv #62.

So we'll need to make sure we're all clear on what we're doing with Uncut.

As for understanding how Dan Ryan is acting, I just wrote a bunch in skype chat about it. I think it would be useful for us to just chat about what makes him tick, since his personality is now perplexing you two shows in a row.
    GOOGLE DOCS ID: dbrunk01@gmail.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus fucking Christ.

You people are thinking too hard.

You're making DEF feel like UTA.

Miss me​ with that bullshit.
    Stand up. Defy!
    www.DEFIANCEwrestling.com

[There was a commercial, or your stream froze, pretend we have a Diva division and a piss-break match came on; whatever, just, give me five minutes okay? Everybody crapped on the idea of commercials and I need for five minutes to have passed, dig it?]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I've ever been accused of thinking too hard in my life.
    Call it fate. Call it luck. Call it karma. I believe everything happens for a reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBrunkGXW View Post
    See, I was under the impression that the timing for this was meant to be before the next show lineup was announced, in story.

We had the run sheet, but in story, this was meant to be before that Dan Ryan v. Keyes match was announced. In fact, that's how I was approached tow rite a segment in the first place. "Write a segment to set up Ryan v. Keyes." So I wrote this in tone expecting to write a news post after it went live saying Kelly Evans has booked Dan Ryan v. Keyes on DEFtv #62.

So we'll need to make sure we're all clear on what we're doing with Uncut.

As for understanding how Dan Ryan is acting, I just wrote a bunch in skype chat about it. I think it would be useful for us to just chat about what makes him tick, since his personality is now perplexing you two shows in a row.

Segments on UNCUT can be whatever you want.

They can be something that happened during the show, but went unaired on DEFtv. (this is mostly just for the sake of it being an option... but an example of it: the Dusty/FDJ/Natas segment from #61).

They can be something that happened after the show went off the air, but everyone is still at the building. (ex: almost everything that was posted).

They can be something that happened at the building, but during the "days off" (ex: FDJ and Harmony).

They be something that happened away from the building entirely (ex: the ACX segment. another example would be the Lindz idea of the Murray's, Boxer, FDJ, etc doing a Highland Games set of segments).

There's lots of examples, lots of potential ways do things with this show.

But yeah, in terms of general time frame, it IS typically anything that happens between two episodes of DEFtv. So this past UNCUT was anything that happened with our characters that people felt like writing between #61 and #62.

I'm just asking for some notes (during, after, day off) so that I can put the segments in an order that makes sense, rather than it looking completely random and jumping around back and forth in time. Just me being nitpicky is all.

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, I gotcha.
    GOOGLE DOCS ID: dbrunk01@gmail.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buh Dum Chhh-UPDATE!

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 Feedback with 33% less thought!

Watch Me Reign: Dan Ryan is in the ring and the newly minted FIST dishes on Lindsay Troy and cuts a scathing promo of Eugene Dewey that was so spot on it hurt. Good stuff to start this one off.

Rundown: Loved the chat banter making into the show - always a fan of that. DEF: Scotland gets a mention and I get a laugh.

Carver/Box: Evan kind of took the lead for an outline and I worked with that. Both did some edits. Thought it did a good job of telling the story. It put over Boxer being pissed. It put over Carver being a HOSS. It was short and brutal, setting up those Onslaught matches we’ve been discussing. Really enjoyed working on this.

Charity Work: Do you even market, bro? Unlikely really hammering home this gimmick and I’m loving it. Good job Mikey. I like the development even more in DEF. Andy Sharp seems a bit scatter brained in this feud though, which I can understand as IC a lot is on his plate. I think I can see where this MAY be heading.

Here Little Piggy: Backstage, anywhere, it doesn’t matter. This segment clearly takes place in the women’s restroom. Please wash your hands. Eric Dane inflicting pain urging Bobby Dean to get a move on feels so real. Justin is that really what you do to Bobby to motivate him? Bobby show us on the doll where he touched you!

Hunter/Donovan: I almost DON’T wanna read this because I kind of assume I already know the ending. Wish someone could summarize it for me! I am Jack’s DEF debut. And Hunter is trying to bring in the chair, he can’t. Classic gag but super effective for a cheesey character like Hunter. Kind of almost expected Donovan to not give a shit and let it be a streetfight. The word fuckery was used in a match, surely there’s something better to be used there. Short and BOOM Jake wins it.

Coup: Good segment, enjoyed how stoic Impulse seems. Interested to see what Pete can do with a character who isn’t a 17 year old.

Challenge Accepted: A bit of history in this one that I didn’t know. Sam is going to take on the God Beast again. Should be a win for all involved as Horry wants to get physical, Olivia Newton John style.

Penn/LAR: Good face stuff to start as LAR is starting to explain why he’s here/what he told his son and the bastard that is Curtis Penn rushes to interrupt. Further cementing Penn’s spot as someone you should hate to even mention. Good psychology here as Penn works the injured arm of LAR, something that I’m sure will follow Jonno’s Scott around for a while. This one works similar to the Carver/Box match. No one really loses anything. Penn continues being an asshole, on a roll. And LAR has a good debut.

The Talking Plant: And we’re hearing from the legal midget! One Lance Warner mention failed to get bolded, make sure to glance over the stuff a second-third time if need be. Jack Hunter gets submitted backstage as this one continues this strange little feud. Full pun intended.

Have I Proven Myself: There’s just something about Harmony that isn’t clicking with me yet, and it could be because I’m not familiar at all with the character. But in the what four shows I’ve read cover to cover I feel like I’ve gotten almost NO characterization from her. I know she’s a girl, and she’s the SoHer Champion, that’s really it. I want a bit more. Liked Jake jumping on her with the “I’ve been here doing it since before you came” stuff. Really good. Harmony just routinely comes off as one of those bad ass faces we’ve critiqued before. The whole “until then you don’t get shit” isn’t even necessary.

Mushi vs. Fatass: Mushi has the most difficult name in Defiance. Convinced. Knew what the outcome would be per being BAEs with Murr, but still a good one. Mushi comes off strong in his redebut. Clear building point towards the match with Sam and Fatass’ downfall story surgers forward as well. This week is the best Defiance show I’ve read since coming in, save the PPV.

Gears: Got to read this in Ben and I’s doc. Good segment. Moves forward all relevant Keyes activities for the night.

Pop Culture vs. Louisiana: Glad the tag divison is getting going. Good one here. Quickie of a match but that’s all that was needed. The D is a riot. Looking forward to this really taking off/hitting it’s stride.

Not Going Away: Great segment. Heels being heels, faces being stand up guys. Ensuing rumble. Really awesome.

Mikey vs. Andy Murray: A test of BAEship. Mikey makes it rain, hey James and Murr ruin this again why don’t ya! Good match, tad on the long side but I expect that kind of thing from Murr. A few lines of dialogue could’ve made me feel better about the length.

The Point: Wrote this. Hope it worked.

Hero: The Murray Brothers and Eric Dane continued. Like this segment a lot. Great phrasing throughout. Well done.

SOHER 1: Why were random moves all bolded? Is that a thing? Should I start doing that? Good match, sold the Omega stuff well I thought. Andy Sharp wins.

Pound: Another good Dane segment as Andy Murray tries to confront the BAUSSSSSman. Not having it. The numbers game gets played. Good way to deny the hero his chance for revenge, only to keep the thing hot.

Fame: MINT SAUCE! Good segment, was wondering when these forces would interact.

Dewey vs. Dean: I don’t particularly care about this match going in. Hell of a spot with the ending, lots of strength. Dewey vs. Ryan should be brutal.

What’s the Deal: If this guessing game with Omega doesn’t lead to something awesome I’ll be highly disappointed. It’s got a lot of mystery right now. Do not mess it up. Good seg to continue this storyline, for sure.

FIST: Great shine for Keyes. Dan Ryan is an academic and my man, Van, ends the night. What a write up. Brunk is awesome.

Good show. Dug it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch Me Reign
    Short, good promo from Dan Ryan to open the show, really felt the power in Ryan's words with this one. I enjoyed it more than with his last interaction with Eugene and Henry Keyes in earlier shows, not because it was more face than those interactions, but because this felt . . . honestly, it just felt better. Can't really explain it honestly.

The Rundown
    Not much to say other than cool to see all the matches get about equal treatment in the commentator banter.

Van Carver vs Box
    Well how about a brutal match to open the show; glad this one opened instead of the Donovan/Hunter match. Felt Box gave Carver the same veteran treatment Walker gave Trebol at Def #61. Van Carver looked strong and then made Box look murderous. Great match.

Charity Work
    Aha love the Mikey Unlikely stuff thus far. "Do you even market bro?" elicited the first chuckle from me for the show. Andy Sharp is becoming one of my favorite good guys here in DEF as well because he's so genuine. I'm enjoying watching this feud develop.

This Little Piggy
    I really enjoy the way Justin structures his segments, really draws you in and makes Eric Dane this powerful figure. Throw in scared Bobby Dean and we got ourselves an all-around entertaining segment. Really makes me feel for Bobby Dean and adds an extra layer to the character.

Jake Donovan vs Jack Hunter
    Very short match, kind of hoped for a little more offense for Hunter, but whatever. If anyone is going to get jobbed here, it'll be him.

Coup
    First segment with Kelly Evans in the show and it was a interesting one. Not much to say other than I'm interested in seeing where Impulse goes first.

Challenge Accepted

Really looking forward to this upcoming match. Seems there is history that I wasn't aware of--glad Sam have us this newbies and maybe the veterans who may have overlooked it--but in the whole scheme of things, the history won't do much for the feud. The end match, though, will be brutal and awesome.

Curtis Penn vs LAR
    The Scotsmen tries to introduce himself to the crowd and Penn pisses on it; nice little touch that makes me dislike the Penn character more. I've noticed a little more dialogue in the matches, kinda curious if an update happened that I overlooked. Overall solid match and left LAR in a good spot despite the loss.

The Talking Plant
    Wrote this, hope y'all enjoyed.

Have I Proven Myself?

Mixed opinions on this segment. Wasn't really of the fan of Zane's muttering, really generalized the character and put me off with what Harmony had to say as well; Zane could've been silent and I wouldn't have been hurt at all. Donovan's stuff was strong, fire puns were cheesy, but whatever

Mushigihara vs Jason Natas
    Straightforward match that served the purpose for Mushi. Natas lacked the same fire and pyschology this week that he had with Trinidad, but the loss can still be used in his favor in future segments, so won't slight it too much.

Gears of the Universe
    Good little promo to hype the Dan Ryan match. Not much to say.

PCP vs Louisiana Bulldogs
    Doesn't Angus run BRAZEN; he would know the Bulldogs if that was the case, but that's nitpicky. Strong debut for PCP, would've liked at least for this match that the named moves be described. I understand wanting to get them showcased, but also having them known without having to open a new tab would be nice, at least in the beginning. Still, enjoyed this.

Not Going Away
    Enjoyed this HOSS segment with a little beatdown to close it. I feel like we're building up to the Trinidad/Griffin match, which I think will be a hell of a match. Interest = peaked

Mikey Unlikely vs Andy Murray
    I was almost hoping Murr would give the upset win to Unlikely, but I think it fits the character better if he lost in his debut. Lots of submissions in this show thus far. Not much to say on this one.

The Point, Get to It
    Another confrontational segment. We get some context, which is nice. I think this will be an interesting showdown when it occurs (in a legal match, of course)

Don't be a Hero
    Eh, wasn't completely sold on this one. Being from UTA, I kind of understand the fork reference, but I think blood feud could've been built between Dane and Andy without a Walking Dead-esque scene.

Southern Heritage #1 Contender
    Best match of the night in my opinion. Unlike Angus, I like me some flippydos. Andy Sharp has to stellar matches two shows in a row and comes out big with this. Meanwhile, the Omega/Walker storyline is further. All-around good match.

Pound of Flesh
    See statement above. I think this will be a good match, but the build-up this week didn't float my boat.

Fame, You Devil, is Infectious

Enjoyable little segment, liked the Leo comment, really adds to that real-world immersion that I often do with my character. Good stuff should come from this interaction for sure.

Eugene Dewey vs Bobby DeanSolid match, good psychology. The Bobby Dean character wasn't big in-ring when I was with UTA, so this is one of my first experiences with the character wrestling and I enjoyed it.

What's the Deal
    Totally expecting something huge with the promise to Omega, but it does make sense that it is more in line with signing him to Def; my guess is a shot at the FIST of Defiance, but not entirely sure.

What you do
    Very short segment that basically highlights the psychology to set up the upcoming match.

Dan Ryan vs Henry Keyes
    Which was simple, but effective. This was a match where everyone knew the overall outcome, but the specific end was special and tied in with Dewey's earlier antics. I approve.

Carver, because he played the part of rag doll for Box, gets to close the show by beating up Keyes. It would've been a great ending if show had closed with Ryan celebrating with Carver beating up Henry behind him in the shot. Really highlight the dynamic of Defiance.

---

Overall an enjoyable read. Didn't quite have the power that Def #61 had for me, but still, a great effort from all involved.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information