0 Thread(s)

Re: Alex Reyn Application Form

Understandable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The fedhead and 5 other experienced handlers in the fed are saying "this character needs to be retooled" and you're not retooling him. I vote no on this character. If you submit an app for something different I'd consider it.
    ---
    Henry Keyes, DEFIANCE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A word of advice.

BMI means means jack shit. 90% of rugby players would be considered obese if they went be BMI standards. Don't listen to them.

If you can't imagine how much a guy might weight then try finding someone similar in build to what you're imagining. Take Christopher Daniels. Billed as 6ft, 224lbs. He's not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination, but he's a believable size to be either a mat wrestler or a high flyer.

So my advice, if he HAS to be a six foot tall high flyer then look at other wrestlers who fit that bill.

No point in voting either way for me, clearly the character isn't getting in, but by all means apply with a different character and I'm sure you'll get support.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you said in your intro post that you're relatively new to efedding and I think it showed in the original app. Beyond that though, I did some digging around last night/way early this morning to see what this WWX was all about.

Good.Lord.

It doesn't look to me like there's any real oversight at that place...you just sign up with whatthefuckever and boom, sucka, you can has matches, as the kids might say. So no wonder Reyn's handler applied to DEF with a 6', 150 pound wet blanket with an unproven superiority complex. I bet nobody over gave him any critiques or feedback right from the get-go. Or if they did, it was probably the opposite of what we're saying here.

But that's why we've got the application process, right?

If you're still reading this thread, Lunacorva (can your girl get your real first name please?), I'd suggest taking our critiques to heart because they are coming from a good place. The majority of us here in DEF, and on FWCentral in general, have been doing this game a long time (10, 15, 20+ years), and those of us who haven't been writing as long do have an ingrained understanding of wrestling psychology, character development, and storyline progression. Your original writing sample wasn't bad; it showed some promise. The other samples you submitted left a lot to be desired, but you're still new so you probably just gotta work the kinks out a bit. We all had to, at one point or another. And it's not like we're newbie-adverse, we just need something solid to work with. Right now, this app isn't there yet.

If you want to try a different direction, or a new character concept entirely, cool. Good luck to you either way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information