login  |  Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EFG BATTLEMANIA Coming This Weekend!

Due to some issues (including but not limited to the Easter holiday weekend) BATTLEMANIA will not be tonight, but will be either Saturday or Sunday. We apologize for the brief delay.

In related news, this Saturday's EFG program will be cancelled in order to expedite the match writing process.

Thank you and have a happy Easter!
    http://infinitewrestling.com We're not just a weather balloon.

Daniel McDevitt
    yeah, nobody even knows what that stands for

Me
    I'd imagine it's Central States Wrestling Association

just now

Daniel McDevitt
    i think it stands for chad says wait awhile
    or something like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: EFG BATTLEMANIA Coming This Weekend!

So, should we expect an EFG tonight with results? Or tomorrow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will the results just be delayed and the date for the results still be april 3? i hope so because it ties in with my story i'm working with my home fed...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just call it a delayed telecast, probably

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneJK View Post
    Just call it a delayed telecast, probably

^ This works.

Daniel McDevitt

Me

just now

Daniel McDevitt
    or something like that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LivingLegendAmp View Post
    So, should we expect an EFG tonight with results? Or tomorrow?

Most likely on Monday, if I can get the match finished and posted by tomorrow night.

Daniel McDevitt

Me

just now

Daniel McDevitt
    or something like that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We look forward to a great event Ernie. Take ya time bro! #TotalFaith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What parkera said^
    would rather a well-put together event than a rushed show tomorrow. Take all the time you need, mate ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, there's already a version of the BATTLEMANIA match 100% written, but ..I was told that it wasn't going to be used, so now it'll just sit on my hard-drive until I feel like deleting it.

*disappears again*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I do appreciate this event actually taking place and whatnot, and do appreciate the people hosting the event, I'm a little annoyed. We were given the deadline of March 14. The event was supposed to be posted on April 3. Now, I understand things happen, but I have written battle royals before with this number of people, but my thing is, if you knew this event had this timeline, it should have been stuck to. There was almost 3 weeks between the deadline and the actual event. I think there was some poor planning on someones part during the process.

Like I said, I'm just voicing a grievance, and I too would like a solid and well written event instead of something rushed. But at the same time, we had our timelines that we had to follow, I think you should have yours to follow with zero slack.

As always, this is just an opinion to which I am entitled to, I just wanted to voice it so it's out there and possibly someone can clarify a miscommunication on someones part. Not playing the blame game, and I am aware of the amount of RP's that needed judging, but that should have taken no more than a week in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest thing to keep in mind here is the person above your post is the person that was supposed to write the match. He didn't turn up with the match when he was supposed to despite telling Ernie that it would be finished, so when he didn't produce Ernie started writing.

I don't really see that as playing a blame game honestly, but a little extra time for one person to step up to the plate and try to fix the problems that someone who entirely bailed on this tournament and the hobby is probably asking too much though, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Ramey View Post
    The biggest thing to keep in mind here is the person above your post is the person that was supposed to write the match. He didn't turn up with the match when he was supposed to despite telling Ernie that it would be finished, so when he didn't produce Ernie started writing.

I don't really see that as playing a blame game honestly, but a little extra time for one person to step up to the plate and try to fix the problems that someone who entirely bailed on this tournament and the hobby is probably asking too much though, right?
    Perfectly said Jesse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I stand corrected. I must have missed reading that part somewhere on here I suppose. So I apologize. And if this is in fact the case, then go ahead. Take all the time needed. And I now retract my previous statement.

Just let it be known I said that, not being aware of the true reason for the delay. So apologies to whoever my post pissed off, and even more sincere and humble apologies to the one man fixing the issue. Kudos to you, you deserve a medal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Ramey View Post

Absolutely inaccurate statement on your part, which I'm assuming you just don't know the truth. Allow me to state the true and correct story.

BATTLEMANIA has been written for nearly a week now. I finished the match on like 3/30 or 3/31. At that time, I spoke to Ernie through Cellular Text Messaging and told him that I was done and I'd send him the match once I got to work. (My wireless network card thingy broke and I can't connect to my Wifi at home.. blah, suck). Either way, because for a week solid I hadn't responded to any of Ernie's text messages on my phone, he decided that he was going to write the match himself.

When I told him I'd completed the match, the response I was given was "Don't bother to send it, I'm writing it myself (with Keegan) and we're using ours."

So.. the deadline of April 3rd, was met ..I was just told that my match was no longer going to be used. As it stands right now, it sits on a thumb-drive, right on my desk at home. I know the reason Ernie (and others probably) don't want to use my match, I.E. - My lack of participation with EFG in the past 2-3 weeks. Which that's cool, no big deal. I'd also say that my lack of responding to the text messages also probably spurned this on. Either way, no big deal to me.

For those who DID write for BATTLEMANIA, if you'd still like to receive my Roleplay Feedback which I completed, let me know, I'll PM it to you individually here on the fWrestling boards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^^i would very much enjoy the feedback.

As far as the match, whatever the case, I'm just ready for the results.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information