Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poser Discussion

F##king badass!!!!! I don't mean to go crazy, but I'm seriously like.. in love with this style.
    Ernie: "Aaand in the bathroom just now I thought of the promo that could have won it for me."
    Me: "Really?! Cuz it was.."the sh#t?" ziiiiiiiing!
    Ernie: "Lol. It was!"

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Poser Descriptions

I know you've been wondering why I haven't been doing these. There is a reason. I'm currently putting together a collection of items for the Genesis and Genesis 2 models for Daz3D, which I need because I am switching up our art style pretty dramatically. Sometimes you gotta zig when everyone's zagging, you know?

Tank Adams was a starting point, since he was pretty much a blank slate, but Rune Winters got the official treatment. I kept the same texture, more or less, just transferring it to the new model. If you go to his bio page (http://loc.ewarena.com/grapplers/biographies/rune.shtml) you can get a closer look. I just started using this model, so I'm learning the ropes but what do you guys think?

Also anyone with Genesis, Michael 4, and/or Victoria 4 stuff for Daz Studio that wants to trade or just give me stuff if you have everything I do that would be swell. Actually, anything for Daz Studio because you never know what will come in handy.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnHartXXX View Post
    F##king badass!!!!! I don't mean to go crazy, but I'm seriously like.. in love with this style.
    Ha! I deleted and reposted it because I thought the forums were doing something weird to Rune's pic. But it appears I was the idiot. But I fixed it, so YAY! Glad you like it, man!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it, dude. Looks awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's got "win" written all over it.

...now, where's Turk?
    Turk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be honest, I don't care for the new style. Could be that I'm so used to seeing the old way that it'll take some getting used to, but the Rune render looks plastic and unrealistic. Maybe that's the point, to look more like an action figure?

Is his head supposed to be teeny tiny? Are the tattoos supposed to look like they're the stick-on kind? I don't want to be super critical and judgey so I probably need more background on why it looks the way it does.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if you're looking for photo-realistic, this is definitely not your style.

I like it it because it's a real departure from what everyone else is doing. I mean, we got poser down so well it was hard to tell if it wasn't an actual pic. I like this swing toward comic book style.

Lindz, I think if you think comic book, it'll play better in your head. However, if you just don't like it, then that's just the way it is. I didn't read that as "judgey" - it's your opinion.

edit: The tats could definitely be faded more.
    Turk

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheRing View Post
    I'll be honest, I don't care for the new style. Could be that I'm so used to seeing the old way that it'll take some getting used to, but the Rune render looks plastic and unrealistic. Maybe that's the point, to look more like an action figure?

Is his head supposed to be teeny tiny? Are the tattoos supposed to look like they're the stick-on kind? I don't want to be super critical and judgey so I probably need more background on why it looks the way it does.
    To answer your questions: Yes, to the whole lot of 'em.

It's supposed to look more like a comic book or video game. Kind of in-line with Street Fighter or WWE All-Stars in the hyper exaggerated look. My style throughout the years has gone further and further down that path to the point where I've gotten as far as I could possibly push it on the outdated model I've been using for 10 years now. This has always been my goal with Poser because I, ultimately, want to put out a web comic using poser. So, where in the past I've been essentially "breaking" character models in order to fake a comic book/video game style that wasn't intended for it, this model just allows me to do what I want. Also, like I said, when everyone's zagging sometimes the best thing you can do is zig.

The photo-realistic style just isn't for me. It's nice, you know, but it's never going to be where I want it to be so why bother? It's also super easy to do that now with the advances in rendering engines and lighting for the programs. I can do photo-realistic in, like, 10 minutes now. Everyone's doing photo-realistic because everyone can do photo-realistic. Seriously, buy the program and drop a few bucks on some characters and clothes. Bam, you're a poser artist. For a guy that's been painting his wrestling tights on to the actual character model forever (meaning: I don't use a pants prop) there's just no challenge for me there and I like to challenge myself with the artwork. This is a learning curve for me. It's the first new model I've really committed to using in a decade, so I can only improve as I go.

BTW, Lindz, I'll be posting a female character soon and you can get a feel of what they'll look like.
    Last edited by Dan; 02-04-15 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information