login  |  Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GRINDHOUSE GERMANY ~ FEED THIS BACK!

We Defy

Back when i ran my old fed [that shall reman nameless] I used to write this part. This bit here to me is very important. a way to reward the harder workers with puting them over and connect what happened past show(s) to this one. and make the results belivable. I really liked this opener. well done i even plaied the opener music on youtube while reading it.

Only 1 suggestion, the first time the anounce team speaks put there full name. I as a outsider, and those who wana join the fed would view it this way. have no clue who DDK and Angus are, but it is such a small tidbit. everything was well done and i can not complaine at all

And then when i get them done ill make a announce team graphic ... but thats a ways off hehe.

Bronson Box vs Eugene Dewey?

ahh look at those images. I live the way the Versus pic turned out. hehe BUt i would not have put the ? on there. only small thing i can point out. Rest comes off great. Save i though Box was a midgit. well he is like 5 foot somthing. and when i read it i think he is 6'3. Must be how ruthless he is in the ring.

I also would of slaped in deweys begining to his ring entrence. small thing though.. "PLAY THE FAT LITTLE HOBBIT’S MUSIC ONE MORE BLOODY TIME!" ROFL sorry can not be helped. i just hope DEF fans are smarter then those WWE ones and dont start chanting, Your a hobbit! at Dewey. and then Box is just great here. I get his point, but still want to see Dewey beat him though as he knows The Dew is not there.

Claira St. Sure vs Seth Stratton
    A good match here. I like how just becouse Seth Stratton is getting injury leave / written off the shows. he still looks good and true to his character. leave the guy a chance to return if he is able. I give my props to you guys for that. Claira comes out looking good.. But i wonder is Wayne Dewey related to Eugene Dewey? and I fear that Box is going to hurt her if they fight.

Cash Money

I like this alot, only for one detail , i'll get to that in a bit. I liked to see Dan's presence intimidate the interviewer a bit more. but all in all intresting segment.... but... If Kelly Evans is here with all her lawers... then how does she...

In which the DEFIANT Landscape Changes Drastically...

Get out side that damn fast... She teleported? I can see how shes important to this segment. Maybe we should have cut to a commercial or moved this segment down a bit, or up a bit before the first match after Box left the ring... and then did the Cash money segment.

And she should of been a bit stressed over what happened in her office. unless that happened after... sigh.

other then that, a nice intro / re intro for Mike Bell, Though i would have cut to a video package after his arival explaning his history and lore and why angus was beating his head against the desk. Cause I have no clue to who he is right now, other then i need his poser info now [Joins Angus in beating head on desk]

The End of You

I am very glad i read this before i made Mushigihara look the same size as Diego! Eddie Dante! he needs to go manager for Mushi i now feel really bad for troy, this put Mushigihara over as a fin beast. well well writen. Dante for his manager though. oh wait he is his manager... well lol. And.. Man i was looking forward to doing green hair but now i have a starting point for the troy poser.
    but yeah to many refrences to the eyes. we got the point in the segment before the match. Red mist though, was not expecting that, maybe salt or something.. and i would of used the guys leg, like stated. head. i get it, but, hope that dont come back to bite troy in the ass.

Poor useless fucktard

this segment is awesome... i can not wait to do Booya's poser, heidi scares me. she is alot like a old GF of mine... bitch tried to shoot me. and i sort of feel bad for Jonny here. very nice segment.

The Lion, The HOSS and the Swanky Wardrobe
    from the writeing in the begining... maybe this one should of went before the one above. but with that said , i liked this i liked this alot, And i recon i sould redo Keeling to put him into a suit seems more apropiate. maybe miami vice style look. All in all I LOVE segments like this.

Henry Keyes vs Stockton Pyre vs Curtis Penn

okay... does angus hate good guys... or bad guys.. he hates Mike Bell.... and now hates Penn... me = confused. ugg i dont like when anouncers break kayfabe .. and use words heel and face other then that great match to bad some fans did not get crushed in the fight.

Demanding competition

Though i think we should have cut to a commercial and then come back to the ring here. or have had this at the begining of next show to set up any challanger for this, other then that i like the segment, gets Peens over as a heel and i like the name droping. i can see Penn moveing up the ranks after his stint here with the SHC.

and i wish the anounceres talked more about what he just said after he was done saying it.

Starstruck

This segment i really loved everything about it save one thing.

Dusty turns and gets up from his seat and is greeted by the sight of one of his biggest idols [b] and for those who remember my roleplays[b] from when I won Summer Games in 2008, is the man who inspired Dusty Griffith’s career in pro wrestling.

This kinda takes me out of my immersion, I actuley picture this in my head when im reading like im really watching the show. and the use of OOC verbage just is jaring. BUt the rest of it is solid.

Team HOSS vs TexMex Holiday

This match was aewsome. I actuley smiles and felt good inside when Diego came out for the save.

Junior Keeling: Hey! Lion-O! Quit the chitchat! You’re holding up the part where you get mashed and spread on toast!

DDK: I think that was borderline racist.

Angus: Hah, you said “border”. Who’s the racist now? Awesome i loved it. and team hoss for the win. I dont like the way it went down ... but they just made a mark for there selves here.

and everyone looked good though this match, though i recon Rix is off the show with injurys

Not So Fast, Champ
    Nice one here. Im looking forward to the coming match. Pretty solid seg here.

Edward White vs. Frank Dylan James

I loved this match, and i loved how it ended. Good guys win. But I dont think this is the end of anything. I like this group that dusty is gathering around him. Im just gona start calling them the good ol boys. [fires up some waylon jennings ]

Heidi Christenson's goals make sense to her alone

I liked this segment. I recon the one who can turley confuse Scott is this crazy gal Heidi. and alot of history there.

Dusty Griffith vs Alceo Dentari

i like this one alot and i liked how it leads to the trios match. Happy to see Sam turner Jr. in action. Funny how after i made Dusty's poser i said these souther type guys whould get together, and now its happining. awesome

This... Is FAR From Over.

I loved this segment ALOT, but i feel that something should of came before it, as it is right after the big match. 1 or 2 segments here should of been here. In fact if i could of moved the Curtis Penn seg here and had it come after a commercial i would of done that. if it had to be done on this card. ... But other then that I loved this whole thing.

HE LIVES!

This segment was awesome. I think im a bigger Eugene fan now. Well plaied here. and leads right into the comeing match very nicley.

Dan Ryan vs Eugene Dewey vs Bronson Box

Wow just wow.. and looks like some battle lines for a BIG WAR have been drawn here. And i can not wait to see how this all goes down. Poor dewey!

Truly Untouchables vs Hookers ‘n Blow (ccc)

pretty good match here, more outside interfearance .. more chaos. but defently a good match.

Passing of the Torch, so to speak...

good and intresting. Wonder how this will pan out.

Heidi Christenson vs Kai Scott
    pretty good solid match for the main event.

damn this was a long long show. Did i just go though a PPV? Good show. grats to all. but damn it was long. a few points on some very few minor things. but all in all great card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some of my thoughts.

Show opener was excellent. D did a great job at getting everyone over, and transitioned well into the first match(or lack there of)

I thought most, if not all the transitions were nicely done. Didn't once get lost while reading the card.

I concur about the length, this baby was a beast to read, then again it's a PPV so go big, right? For how long it was, and how smooth it read, that in itself is an accomplishment. Good work to everyone!

The Dewey/Box angle has been so good for so long, and it just keeps finding ways to get even more interesting. D and Evan kudos to a job well done. I'm also happy to see Eugene get some sort of recognition, ala FIST Champion.

The Blood Diamonds are the baddest dudes on the block. Period. No more discussion needed. Though I will say I was super shocked to see Dan Ryan join the hit crew. If this were an rp fed, that stable/murder's gauntlet would be fun to take a crack at. Great work to all parties regarding the Dewey/Box/Ryan angle. Had it all, and then some. Good luck going forward because it's going to hard to top.

I love meathead Jon Booya.

The Mike Bell reveal was nice. I can't say I've ever worked with him, though I've only heard good things about the character in the past. Good luck and have fun!

I think there was a much better understanding of Angus and Keebler in regard to actual commentary. No line really stood out as something that neither of them would say.

I like where Curtis Penn is going. Though if I may offer a small piece of advice to you Jon. I think you're missing opportunities to heel it up some. I see those blocks of dialogue, and think, he could over sell a shit-grin, or spit, or wave his arms at the crowd all laissez faire, or bounce off the ropes gloatingly because he's Curtis Penn and he's the best. Just a thought.

There's a missed space in the HOSS/TexMex match. Way to drop the ball guys. LAWL. Just kidding, but there is a missed space. I liked this match, entertaining throughout. I will admit, having not been close to the product for a little while, at the start of the match I was worried I was going to confuse who was on each team. Turns out that wasn't the case, good work. A tad lengthy, but trios elimination is going to be lengthy anyways.

Dentari/Dusty turned clusterfuck was to be expected. Impromptu madness strikes again. Good to see Mike Bell getting some action on his first night back. Another enjoyable trios clusterfuck to read. I like matches with a lot of characters in them. It always seems fresh when you're reading, esp. when compared to 1 v 1 of considerable length. Also, the seg after was fantastic.

Scott/Heidi. It all read great. The segs, the match... I just wish there was more of a build before it. Seems like the type of match that would deserve its own arc, you know, with the extensive history between the two characters going back to before the internet was conceived.

I'm still on the fence about the clean finish and sweet ending though. One, I can't remember a single Defiance show that has had an ending where nobody dies -- let alone a PPV. Two, I view Kai Scott and winning clean like mixing premium vodka with orange juice. Yeah, you could do it and it's going to be good, but why waste it? He's the Ace of Heels, I would think Kai Scott wouldn't even know how to win a match clean.

All in all, excellent PPV. Everyone who had at hand in it, job well done.
    0 Friends

Greer has not made any friends yet

(shocking)

-------------

Also, she looks like this:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We Defy
    Damien rockin’ out with his cock out on the show open, good job dude.

Bronson Box vs Eugene Dewey?
    SWERVE~!

Claira St. Sure vs Seth Stratton
    Short and bitter-sweet win here for CSS. Mostly because Max quit on us *sadpanda*. OOC-ness aside, a clear message being relayed about Claira, which gets played up further later on.

Cash Money
    In the immortal words of Randy Moss: “Straight Cash Homie”, Dan Ryan haz it just for such an occasion.

In which the DEFIANT Landscape Changes Drastically…
    Mike Bell arrives, w00t. I liked what I wrote with this for the Angus lines, anybody who has been paying attention will pick up how it works out.

SIDEBAR: Okay, a slight whoopsidaisy with the placement. Kelly’s in the office, but then suddenly outside of the arena. DOH, my bad dudes.

The End of You + Troy Matthews vs Mushigihara
    Troy not fuckin’ about anymore, no-sir-e-Rob, Troy’s not fuckin’ about at all. If this isn’t over (Mushi?), I look forward to whatever it is you got in mind coming up. If it is, I’m still intrigued by where you’re going and what you’re doing with this new Troy Matthews.

Poor useless fucktard
    This segment and the follow up a little later down the line are outstanding writing by Lee, very well done. The segments with Jonny from the “go home” show and this one, he could be a heel all day and still be a semi-lovable goof because he’s still a bit dumber than the average bear.

I dunno, this promo felt / read kind of awkward to me. I get the feeling there could be tension down the way between the two vets and the young punk with Junior having to smooth things over constantly.

Henry Keyes vs Stockton Pyre vs Curtis Penn ©
    DOUBLE SLEEPER! Liked that you played up the comment about Angus having a camera to figure out the Bell Claps. It’s little details that like that can become throwaway nonsense, but actually end up adding something nifty when picked up again later in the match.

Demanding competition
    Curtis Penn gonna Curtis Penn, the no good bastard of DEFIANCE (might be a new title?) calls out some new meat for him to chew on. I dig it.

Starstruck
    Don’t care if this is used to rib Dusty, I had this idea, it turned out much more over the top than I had originally envisioned, but I like that it shows something different from Dusty. Plus, I wanted to further put Bell over as being a big deal.

Team HOSS vs TexMex Holiday
    Anty was giving me periodical updates, he was motivated (inspired?) by what I was doing with some of the main events. Well, sir, you and Ken and Seth accomplished your mission, in my opinion. So well done, guys. Really well thought out and executed match.

Not So Fast, Champ
    Kelly and Box make such natural opponents in these segments. There’s this one and then the one from several shows ago. It’s just an interesting read with those two on screen.

Edward White vs. Frank Dylan James
    Evan and I went about half and half on this one. Took turns a few times to bang this one out.

Heidi Christenson's goals make sense to her alone
    Like I said before, outstanding work on this segment. Some people have some criticisms and they are perhaps valid, but as I understand it the idea is that Kai Scott knows the depths of crazy that rages behind the eyes of that blond haired psycho. Whatever the case may be, I found it to be an entertaining read.

Dusty Griffith vs Alceo Dentari
    Co-Wrote with Damien.

This... Is FAR From Over.
    Damien and I brainstormed this, Damien wrote it.

HE LIVES! + Dan Ryan vs Eugene Dewey vs Bronson Box ©
    Eugene’s balls dropped tonight, officially. I would comment more, but I knew the score of what was going down with this one. Outstanding writing, Evan, Damien and Brunk, you all done good, now it’s time get to DAT REEL WERK! (hah).

Truly Untouchables vs Hookers ‘n Blow (ccc)
    Wrote this, hope I got it right.

Passing of the Torch, so to speak...
    Hoo boy, now Kelly’s behind the wheel. She was a graduate of the Stephen Greer School of Driving, so this could be terrifying……..ly AWESOME! And considering some of the stuff I’ve been hearing as far as how they want to put the character to use, they get it, which is a nice thing to look forward to.

Heidi Christenson vs Kai Scott ©
    Outstanding match. I really can’t say much, it’s just that good. Other than that, I honestly have no clue how you think you were anywhere close to failing on this match. It was the best match of the whole arc from a great match standpoint.

MATCH OF THE NIGHT
    Lee has officially written the best match of the angled era. I have absolutely no idea if you hit the mark that you, Jeff and Renee had dreamed up over the last decade, but if you didn’t, you sure gave it one hell of a try. Very good job, well done, sir.

SEGMENT OF THE NIGHT
    The Heidi / Kai backstage talk.

HERO OF THE NIGHT
    Eugene Dewey.

HEEL OF THE NIGHT
    Blood Diamonds.

WHAT ROCKED OF THE NIGHT
    Gorram teamwork. People stepped up, people worked together, even if it was just looking in and letting them know they were on the right track. This is the way of the DEFIANCE world, teamwork first and foremost.

WHAT SUCKED OF THE NIGHT
    Nothing, homie.
    I'm a Fig Newton of Your Imagination.

DEFIANCE WRESTLING ~ Stand up. Defy.
    * Dusty Griffith: the Unbreakable Pillar of DEFIANCE
    * Tyrone Walker: the Ol' Man River of DEFIANCE

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

GOOGLE DRIVE ~ jmsnrs716 @ gmail . com
    GOT A DOC, NEED A INVITE, SEND TO ABOVE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also to Bubba.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have kept that fourth wall breaking line about roleplays in 2008. I dunno why, just one of those things.

And the thing about Angus beating his head against the desk is that he hates the squeaky clean babyface types. Mike Bell is the godfather, the prototype if you will, that came before the likes of Christian Light, Tom Sawyer, Dusty Griffith, etc. Plus then Angus' bit about loving the guy is that Mike Bell took a crack at Kelly and "not taking orders from her", since Angus and Kelly at BEST are feuding siblings.

In any case. On to CANADA.

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and one other thing to anyone who hasn't posted feedback, though we still have time, Bubba, Renee and George have all done feedback. WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU?

Think about this.

Three people who are not regulars (at the moment), one of whom who is graciously offering his services to us (not as a player), did feedback and there are still a handful of regulars who have yet to post. You've had plenty of time to read, digest, and consider the card.

Get on it.

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All good feedback on Curtis Penn. I will put these into use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sloan View Post
    All good feedback on Curtis Penn. I will put these into use.
    The Bastard of DEFIANCE!

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorJames View Post
    I dunno, this promo felt / read kind of awkward to me. I get the feeling there could be tension down the way between the two vets and the young punk with Junior having to smooth things over constantly.
    Thanks for the feedback, man and I also encourage others to get off their asses (this includes myself)

No tension between any of the guys in the stable. I was going for (somewhat) comedy with Angel. He's the youngest of the group by far (Aleczander early thirties and Cappy almost fifty) and more immature than the other two. I've tried to portray Trinidad as a gigantic kid starving for attention. He's eager to hurt somebody and get into fights to prove how BAMF he is and occasionally, he has to be kept in check.
    Team HOSS - DEFIANCE
    The Heirs of Wrestling, Sarah Winterton, Jeremy Ryan - jOlt Wrestling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on dude. I dunno why, there just seemed to be a "hitch" in the promo. The content was on point, just read oddly for some un-point-out-able reason.

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda like the Bastard title... fits with how i've felt my entire e-fedding career, from the WfWA to the NeWA all the way to NWC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorJames View Post
    Also to Bubba.

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have kept that fourth wall breaking line about roleplays in 2008. I dunno why, just one of those things.

And the thing about Angus beating his head against the desk is that he hates the squeaky clean babyface types. Mike Bell is the godfather, the prototype if you will, that came before the likes of Christian Light, Tom Sawyer, Dusty Griffith, etc. Plus then Angus' bit about loving the guy is that Mike Bell took a crack at Kelly and "not taking orders from her", since Angus and Kelly at BEST are feuding siblings.

In any case. On to CANADA.
    Ohh I really got that part. I just do not know why he hates Penn so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba McCoy View Post
    Ohh I really got that part. I just do not know why he hates Penn so much.
    Check the Angus Skaaland thread (unless you don't have access to the) booking forum.

Basically. Angus, Rich Mahogany, Curtis Penn, among others are Eric Dane trainees. Angus and Penn have NEVER gotten along.

RED LINE WRESTLING
    * El Habanero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angus Botched a move during training with Penn that caused Penn's only real injury. This injury cost Penn the chance to tag with Eric Dane, that chance went to Angus instead while Penn was on the mend. SO long story short... Penn had to spend time touring and training to make his name while Angus lived the high life with Dane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the characters around DEF have a decade plus of history, sometimes I have to make edicts to keep the trips down memory lane to a minimum.
    Stand up. Defy!
    www.DEFIANCEwrestling.com

[There was a commercial, or your stream froze, pretend we have a Diva division and a piss-break match came on; whatever, just, give me five minutes okay? Everybody crapped on the idea of commercials and I need for five minutes to have passed, dig it?]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information