Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New FWrestling Site -- Need Your Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Actually lack of response and trying to involve too many people killed the rankings. But point taken on my busy-ness.
    Not really trying to make a point.

Just making the case for contingency plans, which I think are always wise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I understand that the thoughts and considerations of Strawsma are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, but I'll throw my input into this anyway.

I'll echo Katz's sentiments on a supertitle. Frankly, if we wanted a Champion of Champions, why doesn'tsomebody take a set of jumper cables to TEAM? The CoC title there was both inter-fed and wholly independent at the same time.

Dig the ideas on Power 25 and news/updates. I'd like to be involved in maintaining that if nobody minds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Stalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayshort View Post
    Triple X: And, don't worry about Jason. He'll keep ending careers, destroying lives, and redefining what it means to be most insane son-of-a-b[BEEP]tch this industry has ever seen in Stalker's World.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RStrawsma View Post
    I'll echo Katz's sentiments on a supertitle. Frankly, if we wanted a Champion of Champions, why doesn'tsomebody take a set of jumper cables to TEAM? The CoC title there was both inter-fed and wholly independent at the same time.
    I like what's being put down there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know about you guys, but I like using IGC for my "I'd like to be able to compete against literally anyone from any fed" needs. It's a bit different than the idea of a Unified Title or Champion of Champions, but to me it still has the prestige that comes from a title that anyone on fwrestling can compete for. Don't know that we'd need an additional title for this sort of thing.
    ---
    Henry Keyes, DEFIANCE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brusch View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I like using IGC for my "I'd like to be able to compete against literally anyone from any fed" needs. It's a bit different than the idea of a Unified Title or Champion of Champions, but to me it still has the prestige that comes from a title that anyone on fwrestling can compete for. Don't know that we'd need an additional title for this sort of thing.
    This.

IGC is not it's own fed. It's open to one and all.

And in no way does it claim to be the Champion of Champions but it is open for anyone to contend for.

I like the idea of the Power 25 Rankings and the FWPedia. I think those are really great.

Having ran EWTorch for a little while, the news stuff works really well but it's hard to maintain a level of opinion pieces and card reviews. Especially when you're asking someone to review something they might not be altogether interested in. I think for news stories, perhaps some way of taking RSS feeds from the websites news stories and rumours might help the FW site feed a lot better? If that's at all possible?

Other than that... I don't really have more to offer than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the universe-expanding suggestions people are making here, especially the rankings, the profiles and the Wiki. The news update idea suggested in the first page appeals to me as well, though I wonder whether updates would be frequent enough to warrant it.

Pretty much all of this stuff appeals to me for the same reason: It helps deadbeats like me, who don't closely follow multiple leagues, get a handle on the larger FWC universe. I only handle one character, in EPW, so if I want to know what's going on in another league, I have to fumble through a lot of RPs and cards to get even the faintest idea, and in all likelihood I'm going to get bored and say "screw it" about five minutes in. A Wiki on a character I don't interact with in EPW is going to be 1,000 times more informative to me than his NFW bio and a handful of RPs. And if I have that kind of easy access to information, I'm more likely to get engaged in non-EPW stuff and less likely to end up the only active handler who couldn't be bothered to enter the Ultratitle tournament. The history of a character or fed, even if they had inauspicious beginnings (and since most of us got started as teenagers, they all likely did), can be pretty gripping when rewritten in 2013.

I wish I could offer more substantive suggestions than "How to Get Garth to Pay Attention," but it's better than nothing, right?
    God, that old signature was getting annoying.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has been great discussion so far. I'm definitely on board with several of the suggestions and I'll be looking for support and help from you guys. I'm working on lining up time with a designer to update the stuff that was done last year, and then I'll get the vBulletin programmer to look at things again and see what's possible.

Wiki: Definitely onboard for this and evaluating some apps that load right into the forums. If anyone knows which one PTC used, let me know. I'll try to ask Ross. How's FWiki for the name? Or is that FWwiki?

Rankings: Definitely down for some versions of "site-wide" rankings. I think as Brunk mentioned, the idea for them in the last iteration was a good one, it just wasn't executed well. Strawsma -- would love to connect and talk more about getting you to spearhead this one.

Profiles: Great idea from William J. Ferraro, Esq. and the rest of you. Billy: if you could get a thread or get a couple of guys together and nail down some additional ideas of what should be included, etc. that would be awesome. Adding profile elements is easy, although the formatting might not be.

News/Events: Definitely still looking at the best way to make it easy to post, to highlight FW feds and to integrate feeds from league websites if we desire. Any other thoughts on these categories?

For those of you who are techies, there are obviously all types of hacks and add-ons for vBulletin over at vBulletin.org. If you have other ideas about what you experience at other communities or ideas regarding hacks from vBulletin, let me know.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, but I think PTC might have used VaultWiki.
    a castor strife production

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argyle haunts here on occasion.

You should also install the plugin where you can @ someone's forum name and it mentions them and they get a notification. Especially handy when you're waiting on matches/segs from people. Maybe Haulkam can tell you more about that one?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LQJT86C View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think PTC might have used VaultWiki.
    That's the one I've been looking at.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fugginVOSS View Post
    Argyle haunts here on occasion.

You should also install the plugin where you can @ someone's forum name and it mentions them and they get a notification. Especially handy when you're waiting on matches/segs from people. Maybe Haulkam can tell you more about that one?
    Or me. That's the Dragonbyte Tech 'Advanced User Tagging' mod. Comes in Lite and Paid versions.
    no brand Wrestling - Running since 2004.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

User Tagging is installed now. @Spike Saunders @Chad @alltherestofyou

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @Chad. This is a damn cool feature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job @Chad Good to see here finally
    no brand Wrestling - Running since 2004.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information