User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New FWrestling Site -- Need Your Feedback

Now that you mention it, that's another issue. If one or more leagues (particularly a league that has history) decides to opt out, how legit is the interfed title? That was the great thing about Ultratitle in that it didn't require league participation, only individuals, and people who performed well kind of brought that respect back to their home leagues. My beef with a Unified Title isn't that it wouldn't work: it absolutely can work. I just don't care for the resulting effect. But I'm on-board with interfed cards, and even more on-board with handler-based cards. That's something I'm hoping takes off after the Strife-Ryan card.
    a castor strife production

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be the wet blanket.

NFW would never recognize a Unified Champion. No way. And certainly not from a belt lineage that's practically been dead for five years.

I like all the news site ideas, I'm fine with cross-promotional cards on some level. I want nothing to do with booking a belt with CS, DEF, EPW. Justin may as well be talking directly about me (if he isn't already). I have very little interest in an interfed title, committee or storyline. I like the ratings ideas and utilizing ESEN as a news/entertainment hub tying us together. That's about it. It's hard enough co-running my own fed with someone I agree with 98% of the time. I can't imagine there would be any value in pairing me up with those that I have very little philosophical common ground with these days. I'd hurt more than help and exacerbate whatever feelings are already out there about how I go about things. When Billy says "judges we can trust" -- I am NOT on that list.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestPREZ View Post
    I will be the wet blanket.

NFW would never recognize a Unified Champion. No way. And certainly not from a belt lineage that's practically been dead for five years.

I like all the news site ideas, I'm fine with cross-promotional cards on some level. I want nothing to do with booking a belt with CS, DEF, EPW. Justin may as well be talking directly about me (if he isn't already). I have very little interest in an interfed title, committee or storyline. I like the ratings ideas and utilizing ESEN as a news/entertainment hub tying us together. That's about it. It's hard enough co-running my own fed with someone I agree with 98% of the time. I can't imagine there would be any value in pairing me up with those that I have very little philosophical common ground with these days. I'd hurt more than help and exacerbate whatever feelings are already out there about how I go about things. When Billy says "judges we can trust" -- I am NOT on that list.
    And in the beginning, Katz said: LET THERE BE HATEFUCKING!

In all fairness, I think the interfed title was just something Pete was throwing out there as one idea. There's no momentum behind it as of now, so it probably doesn't warrant this level of discussion. That's my fault, because I turned it that way. The biggest thing I'd like to see if more social interactiveness with the profiles and a wiki and whatnot. Any chance of that happening, Chad?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always Billy's fault.

And now back to our regularly scheduled topic: I think a wiki is potentially doable. In terms of social interactivity with the profiles -- tell me more about what you're looking for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestPREZ View Post
    Does that really matter?

I know that e-fedding is a dick waiving contest and everyone is supposed to get lost in but all this rich history that everyone has in an e-fed is only valuable as long as the original people who were around back then are available to act as the storytellers. And that's under the assumption that the old belt lineage should be used.

I'm sure we've all been around for a long time in e-fedding. Remember when you joined your first federation? Remember all those years that it went on before you? Did you go back and read every single match. Hell no. The matches suck because you're not involved, you don't know who the hell Frank Shamrock is and why he was important to the fed and typically the cards blow because it was written by 15 year olds who just discovered e-wrassling. Now they're 18, they've taken a few English classes and hopefully they've gotten better.

Now, think about when you joined a new fed. No back history, just someone guy who got a bunch of his friends together to write a new story. Wasn't that badass? I think so, mainly because no one is dick riding the fact that they're a 15 million time hardcore champion in some fed that went through an ECW phase.

I guess my point is, a five year gap in a belt lineage is a great thing. It's a wash-out/burn-out cycle. Most e-fedders don't stick around that long. They get bored, they graduate high school/college, they get laid, they get into music, they have kids, they find something to do rather than calling people on the Internet fags.

It allows for the previous lineage to be downplayed significantly, the future to be played up and for the introduction of other histories into the title belt.

All you really need is for people to buy into it, to take claim to the idea and to make it important.

But that's also my thought process on a successful angle/feud in e-fedding. You have to capture the audiences imagination. If you do that, it all falls into place.

... but yeah, e-wrassling... it's srs bizness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofpain
    "im 30 and im smarter than u

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll jump in real quick on that one. Again, I think Peter was just throwing the CSWA Unified Title out there as an idea for a Uni Title starting point. The reason he did that is because the Unified Title used to refer to the Prodigy Unified, which had a committee, a top 50, all that good stuff. When it was brought back, it was done so simply as a CSWA title (The "Unification" of the EN and World title, right Chad?). So, long story short, if we WERE going to do a Unified Title, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to just use one league's belt which hasn't even been active in five years. There's just no basis for it. On your other points, well, it's important that all the biggest leagues on FWC (which naturally would include most of the top ranked characters) recognize a Unified belt, otherwise it's not a true indicator of "champion of champions". It would be like the NHL returning but without 20-25 of it's best players and three of it's best teams. That would obviously taint the season champion.

CHAD - I'll drop more specifics as I think of them, but off the top of my head, perhaps we could start with an expanded profile that includes more questions about the hobby and less about the handler themselves? Example: Favorite characters?, How did you get started in this hobby?, Who were your biggest influences in the hobby?, Favorite feud, angles, etc. We could also expand it to include more info about the characters we roleplay. So every profile starts out with an area for you to fill out info on two characters - simple bio stuff including name, height, weight, hometown, theme, finisher, style, bio, and accomplishments, and then an "add a character" button to add more. Instead of all the info being listed on your profile, it just lists the character name, which is clickable and then takes you to the character's page. In this way, FWC would have a character listing of sorts. Now that I think about it, if we had a Wiki it could actually be linked with that.

As far as other social features goes, maybe each profile can have a banner image as well as a thumbnail, like Twitter and Facebook do now? Perhaps a chatroom feature, and an expanded Groups section (people kind of stopped doing those after a while).

Just throwing things out there. Some of these ideas might not be feasible, but this gives you an idea of what I was thinking. Definitely the FWC wiki is what I'd like to see most (use whatever PTC did for their PTCpedia!).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the most important thing FW can do is bring in new handlers and keep the ones we have. I don't think a Champion of Champions Belt does that ... I'd rather see feds taking care of their own business and creating interest that way. Like Billy said, I think fleshing out the Profile pages and making them a bit less bland would be great. Top 10/25 rankings ... maybe a rotating "spotlight wrestler" deal ... anything really that pops out and makes people visit FW feds. Otherwise, I'm pretty content with what FW provides and any additions with be a bonus.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do really love all of Billy's news site/profile ideas. Anything to increase the interactivity of the forums on an organic/non-tournament bait level would be really swell.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rankings thing is only relevant if it comes out regularly. It does no one any good to read six month old rankings. However, that said, I'm a huge mark for rankings and would love to see them.
    Stand up. Defy!
    www.DEFIANCEwrestling.com

[There was a commercial, or your stream froze, pretend we have a Diva division and a piss-break match came on; whatever, just, give me five minutes okay? Everybody crapped on the idea of commercials and I need for five minutes to have passed, dig it?]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    The Rankings thing is only relevant if it comes out regularly. It does no one any good to read six month old rankings. However, that said, I'm a huge mark for rankings and would love to see them.
    I'm fairly confident a group of three or so could put out monthly rankings.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd be surprised.
    Stand up. Defy!
    www.DEFIANCEwrestling.com

[There was a commercial, or your stream froze, pretend we have a Diva division and a piss-break match came on; whatever, just, give me five minutes okay? Everybody crapped on the idea of commercials and I need for five minutes to have passed, dig it?]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think just doing showcase payperviews every now and then would be cool.

But yeah, having spotlight writeups on wrestlers, a ranking of top talent, and some other kind of hype pieces would be sweet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrytes View Post
    I think just doing showcase payperviews every now and then would be cool.

But yeah, having spotlight writeups on wrestlers, a ranking of top talent, and some other kind of hype pieces would be sweet.
    Starting with the card that Billy and I will be co-promoting soon, I think this is the sort of thing that will be happening semi-regularly from now on anyway.

Assuming the process works out the way I expect it to, and assuming Billy and I working together is a smooth deal (I'm 99% sure it will be), it's no problem to put together big showcase type shows independent of feds occasionally that are run by, really, whoever wants to.

Feds need not even be involved in that sort of thing.

For example, Castor is the NFW World Champion and Dan Ryan is the CSWA Unified World Champion, but neither belt will be involved. It's, like you said, a showcase.

And, I think some of the circuit's feds WILL take part in something like that. Not all of them, but enough, and that's fine. I had some feds already tell me they would put a World Title match of their fed on the show Billy and I want to do, and that's the sort of thing that I find interesting and fun. They retain control, retain judging, booking, etc. Good stuff.

We tried the rankings before, but Chad getting busy killed it. If multiple people have access to the updating of it though, I don't see how that should be a problem. I love rankings, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBrunkGXW View Post
    We tried the rankings before, but Chad getting busy killed it. If multiple people have access to the updating of it though, I don't see how that should be a problem. I love rankings, too.
    Multiple people having access to updating of things will keep things Chad begins running long after he's run away.
    "Every generation needs a revolution." - Magnetic Poetry (original)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBrunkGXW View Post
    Actually lack of response and trying to involve too many people killed the rankings. But point taken on my busy-ness.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information