login  |  Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Judges Podcast #1 - Link

Listening to the podcast and what the judges are looking for would seem to eliminate many of the characters that came along when all of the hormones took over and people started using dildos in matches and all that crazy stuff.
    Last edited by Promo; 04-13-12 at 06:50 PM.
    Blood, Sweat, Pain. Everything else is just an excuse.

In the end, it's not about winning or losing, It's all about the PROMO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a shout out!!! Thanks Steve!

As far as the podcast, I agree with the gent who said there were too many people to keep up. We have been doing a PWA Radio podcast since 08, and we learned a long time ago that when there are more than 3, max 4, ppl...it becomes kinda crazy.

Still, it was an entertaining show. Id love to hear a show with brackets announced. And even possibly afterwards to hear what the judges thought of the rps.

Thanks Guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Promo View Post
    Listening to the podcast and what the judges are looking for would seem to eliminate many of the characters that came along when all of the hormones took over and people started using dildos in matches and all that crazy stuff.
    Brian, there were a lot of crazy characters back when I was here before. I seem to remember plenty of undead people. I was glad to listen to the podcast and find out ahead of time that Sarge's new finisher, the focused turnbuckle pyro blast, would not be allowed.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to the 96 of you that have listened to the podcast so far, either live or by download!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently we were the #8 top "Hobbies" podcast on BlogTalkRadio this week. However we have not beat out "My Little Pony Talk" or two shows on crocheting.

The bar is low.

You can listen to the show directly at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/fwrestl...dges-podcast-1 or download it for inclusion on your phone, etc. at http://blogtalk.vo.llnwd.net/o23/sho...ow_3120703.mp3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done on the podcast gentlemen. I didn't have the opportunity to listen until just now due to being on the road coming home from vacation. Technology has changed so much since I was last involved in this (I remember spending endless hours via email and AIM to discuss angles) and it was nice to hear the judges' perspectives.

Thanks for the name drop (I believe it was Warren)....it kind of caught me off guard. My wife laughed at me (keep in mind, I was a high school kid when I started this stuff), as I had to explain to her the concept of fantasy wrestling .

Also, who is the one that said they lived in Hilton Head? I believe it was Pete. That's where I was during my vacation because my in-laws live in Sea Pines (I visit normally twice a year). Small world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Apparently we were the #8 top "Hobbies" podcast on BlogTalkRadio this week. However we have not beat out "My Little Pony Talk" or two shows on crocheting.

The bar is low.
    Losing to ponies is nothing to be ashamed of. Those guys are serious about ponies, and have you ever seen those old crocheting ladies?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We better be catching up those ponies! We're up to 137 listeners. Thanks everybody.

Good news -- we're ahead of "Let's Talk Trains," "Talking Superman" and apparently every D&D podcast out there. Who knew?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for the record -- Mike Mcnichols booked the NFW EAST. And if we had a judge's podcast for him back then...I think dildoes would've been the least of my concerns.

--WAITING ON LETHAL LEX!!!!!
    Last edited by jediPREZ; 04-15-12 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking a listen to it now... it's a little hard to follow who is who as others have said - especially as I'm a rank newb to this circle of e-fedding - but you can tell the hype is definitely there.

And the use of theme music is a nice touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
    Taking a listen to it now... it's a little hard to follow who is who as others have said - especially as I'm a rank newb to this circle of e-fedding - but you can tell the hype is definitely there.

And the use of theme music is a nice touch.
    I'm more than a little shocked you found your way here. /wink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I'm more than a little shocked you found your way here. /wink
    Hmm. Now who could you be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I handled briefly on that abortive Circuit thing in FMW. I've always been a part of some variation of this overlapping of circles. You got to see me testing out a reasonably bad set of new characters I decided wisely to put on the shelf. Is Chris Austin still writing nine mile rp's that double as ambien?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he's still got his novellas going on. Just got the Full Metal Championship (and the first Triple Crown with it). So you're... Hannes Stephen Meyers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I've handled Pete Whealdon going on six years. I handled him for two cups of coffee and the exit door.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information