login  |  Register

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MCW World Title Match

Main Event: MCW World Championship Match!
    Chris McMillan vs. Bryan Storms

Post RP Here.

Deadline for RP is June 14, 2006 at around midnight central time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything I Never Was...

FADE IN...

Open on the empty hallway of Gateway High School near Orlando, FL, perhaps an odd place for a man to be just days before the biggest night of his professional life. But, for Bryan Storms, this is where it all began. This is where he cultivated the talent that brought him to stardom at a young age, and where he began a pattern of reckless, destructive behavior that very nearly wiped out everything he'd previously accomplished. This Saturday morning, he leans against the wall next to room 127, wearing dark blue mesh shorts and a very faded gray "Gateway Panthers" t-shirt. He is calm, calmer than you'd expect him to be this close to his first world title match, and he pulls himself upright and looks straight at the camera to begin his address to the world.

BS: Welcome to the beginning. This is where everything I am, everything I will be, and everything I never was traces back to. Here, in these hallways, I was king. I was everything I was supposed to be, and more.

But that time, like so many others in my young life, was nothing but a lie. My perfect exterior was naught but a facade, covering up the behavior that would ultimately leave me damn near penniless, shivering from withdrawl face down on a bed in a rehab clinic out in the damn New Mexico desert. But when I was here, that outer layer of confidence, charisma and arrogance was so damn convincing, even I bought into it.

But that's changed now. Time and loss are humbling mentors, and I'm no longer the blissfully ignorant kid who walked like an aristocrat through these halls.

But I'm sure, if you're watching this, you've all probably heard me talk about what happened to me leading up to today before. Probably, too many times for any of your likings.

Time was, I'd say "up yours" and continue on. But not today. Today, tomorrow, the next day, talking about what happened in the last year doesn't matter. What matters is the main event at Zero Hour. What matters is the time that stands between me, Chris McMillan, and the MCW World Heavyweight Championship.

Chris, you got one on me a couple weeks back, and I give you the ultimate credit for that. You got me, fair and square, in the middle of that ring. No one, not even me, will question that result. Nor will anyone question your presence in this match.

Hell, it's been clear from the very beginning, from the very first night of MCW's reincarnation, that you've been the man to beat. You beat the former champ, you beat John Doe, and yes, Chris, you beat me. In the eyes of everyone tuning in at Zero Hour, odds are you're the favorite to walk away with the gold.

And that idea is just fine with me.

Now, I'm not gonna whine and ***** about not getting any credit, or being disrespected. That line's tired and old and about as big a load of bulls**t as anyone can feed you. But, I won't say I don't relish the underdog role. Hell, the last year of my life's been nothing but one big fight against the odds. It wasn't as if I expected the biggest fight of my life to be any different.

But, while I'll take to my role, that doesn't mean you should expect it to be any easier for you, Chris. Just because I'm not as overconfident, cocky, and stupid as I once was, doesn't mean I don't believe I've got just as much of a claim to that championship as you do. I deserve that spot just as much as you do, Chris, and I defy to to find someone, ANYONE, who won't tell you the same.

In fact, I'm sure you'd be the first in line to echo that sentiment, McMillan. Because you've worked as hard as anyone in this profession today to get to where you are, and I know you won't go into a world championship match by throwing your opponent to the wayside as a paper contender. No, you'll prepare, as doggedly as you ever have or ever will, for everything I could throw at you at Zero Hour. You'll watch every one of my matches, study my tendencies, spend hour after hour training your way up to the main event, so that you can cover every single solitary contingency.

Just as I will. Just as I have been doing since the night I signed with this company. You see, Chris, as much as you'll prepare, as much as you'll give in the ring at Zero Hour, there's just one contingency you can't prepare for.

Whatever you throw at me, I'm prepared to throw double back at you. However long you can last, I'll last longer. Because I already lost everything, Chris. I know how deep into despair I can fall, and I'm not going to lose this match and send myself into another downward spiral. This is it for me, Chris, those seventeen pounds of gold at the end of the rainbow represent my past, present and future. That's not just what I want, Chris, that's what I NEED. That belt represents my very LIFE. It's everything I've ever strived for, and I've given up TOO DAMN MUCH to get here and leave empty handed.

The only thing I have left to lose is my dream of that championship, and I'll be DAMNED if I let you take that dream away from me Chris. If you think that all it'll take to keep me down for three seconds again is "The Kill", think again. This time, with that dream on the line, you're gonna have to leave me beaten, broken, and damn near DEAD to defeat me. Want to know why I know that, Chris? Because I expect to have to do the same to you. I know how big this is to both of us, and I expect to have to leave my blood, my sweat, my tears, the very essence of my being out on that canvas in order to leave the Staples Center as MCW World Champion.

But that's how far I'm willing to go, Chris. I hope your willing to go that far as well, because if you do, we'll give the world a fight they'll never forget. If you're willing to go as far as I am, when the night's through, if you prove to be the better man, I'll pull myself off the mat and congratulate you, as I would expect a man like you to do for me.

I just don't see that happening, Chris. I just don't think that, bell to bell, you'll be able to break me down enough to the point where, even at my darkest moment, I won't be able to kick out just before that count of three. As long, as far, as hard as you're willing to go, I'll go just that far and more.

Because I will do whatever it takes and more to turn the tables on you, and leave Zero Hour as MCW's newest champion.

My part's done, looking forward to yours. See you at our Zero Hour, Chris.

...FADE TO BLACK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreams ... and Nightmares

::FADE IN on a small but pretty city park overlooking Lake Cadillac in Cadillac, Michigan. This is the (terribly) inauspicious hometown of “The Wolf” Chris McMillan. The sun-dappled waters of the lake swell gently to shore, a few ducks bobbing around, terrorized by the small engines of the occasional bass boat. In the parking lot near the lake’s single public pier is a battered, dented, terribly ugly puke green 1969 Plymouth Fury. The legend “WAR WAGON” is emblazoned across the side in cheap, flaking black spray paint. Leaning against the hood of the monstrously large automobile is McMillan himself, attired as usual in fatigue pants, motorcycle boots, and a tattered and sleeveless “Dogs of War” t-shirt::

THE WOLF: So here we are. Zero Hour, MCW World title … “The Wolf” Chris McMillan and Brian Storms one-on-one for the right to wear a big-ass belt around all over the place, just like everyone predicted right from the start. You’re right, Brian, when you say that it’s been apparent from the beginning that I’m the man to beat around here. I’ve shown that week after week since MCW went back on the air after its two century hiatus.

THE WOLF: I’ve listened very carefully to what you have to say, Storms, and I’ve got to admit feeling a little admiration. A little respect. Maybe even a little camaraderie. You see, listening to you speak is in many ways like listening to myself, which is one of my favorite pastimes, as anyone will tell you. You talk about being the underdog in this match. I’ve been in that seat before. Most of my career, as I recall. Since we seem to be trading history, allow me to give you a little lesson. When I started in this business, I weighed 190 pounds. I was laughed out of every wrestling school I set foot in. I was told over and over and over again that I was too small, that I didn’t have what it takes. I was the underdog from the moment that I even considered becoming a professional wrestler. I still went out every night. I laced up my boots and I stepped into the ring with men two or three times my size. I didn’t make any money. I didn’t have any fans. My friends urged me to quit. My family, too. But I knew, deep down that if I just tried I could do great things in this sport.

THE WOLF When I finally got my “big break”, when one of the top promotions in the industry today came calling, I was ready. I went into that ring, in front of the camera, under the big lights, and I wrestled my little heart out. Hardcore matches. Cage matches. Dog collar matches. Anything they could throw at me, I took. I survived. I persevered. After a while, they began telling me “You’re one of the cornerstones of this promotion”. They told me that this place wouldn’t be the same without me. Yet when I went out week after week, all I heard the announcers talking about was how I was “hovering under the glass ceiling”. That I just wasn’t in the same league as the real stars of pro wrestling. That I could go to the top of the independents, but just couldn’t get it done in the big leagues. I retaliated by putting on some of the most hellacious matches that particular promotion had ever seen. Matches that are still spoken of to this day. I did that at HALF THE SIZE of everyone else on the roster. I was a mercenary, a professional soldier of professional wrestling. I overcame every obstacle in my path … but I still didn’t take home the big prize. I still didn’t break through the glass ceiling.

THE WOLF: Times change, though, Brian. Things change. I changed. I became the man that would destroy myself in order to destroy my opponent. The guy that would maim you if I felt that I had to. That hasn’t changed.

THE WOLF: You were right about a lot of things, Brian. You were right about how tenaciously I would study. How hard I would train. I have spent more than a decade developing the most effective package in wrestling today. I am a consummate striker. I am a skilled grappler. I will fight you on the ground, in the air, in the stands, on the ramp, in the parking lot, or at the freakin’ 7-11 if I have to. I will not quit. I will not give up. I will not allow you to rest. I will not allow you to breathe. I will not allow you to think. The only time that I will allow you is three seconds … three seconds on your back while the referee makes his count.

THE WOLF: I have had my body crushed. My flesh torn. I have been beaten and burned and hit with every type of object imaginable, and I still get up. Like a machine, I will keep going. Because when we step into that ring, that’s exactly what I am. I am a war machine, a walking weapon, and now you’re in my sights again, Storms. You can talk about going the distance with me, about taking everything that I’ve got and giving it back twofold. I can respect that. I can respect and even admire your confidence in your abilities and your desire to see your dreams come true.

THE WOLF: I know what it’s like to have a dream, Brian. As fate would have it, I’m the man who has to crush yours. I find no joy in the task. It’s not often that I enjoy breaking another man’s will. But that’s exactly what I’m going to do at Zero Hour. I’m going to get in this car … ::McMillan gestures over his shoulder at the green monstrosity behind him:: … the same car I drove to wrestle night after night in a high school gym for a 20 dollar payout. The same car I drove when I won the Mid South tag titles with Jason Payne. The came car I slept in on a hundred different tours. And now, finally ,the same car I’ll drive away in after earning the right to be called World Champion.

THE WOLF: When we finally step into the ring at Zero Hour, I know it will be the epic battle you’re looking for. We’ll match holds. We’ll trade moves. But the suplexes and DDT’s, the arm bars and headlocks … those are just words that we use to describe something that can’t truly be defined in such simple terms. What we’ll do in the ring will transcend what the people in the arena see, what the people at home see. What they see in the ring belies what’s truly happening. In actuality, it will be a battle of wills, mine against yours, and my will is unsurpassed. Unbreakable. Unfailing. Absolute. I have seen what lies in my most secret heart. I know the darkness that squats, ugly and glistening in the depths of my soul. It has been my only friend and my most powerful weapon. I know what lives inside me, Brian, and it isn’t pretty. You know what? I’m just fine with that.

THE WOLF: The question is, Brian, what lays in the depths of your heart? What have you been hiding from yourself? You say that you’ve faced your demons, but I believe that something still lingers, hidden and secretive. I know what lives inside me, Brian, and it isn’t pretty. You know what? I’m just fine with that.

THE WOLF: You say that you’ve faced your demons, but I believe that something still lingers, hidden and secretive. Your true face, your true desires. All the ugly little truths that we as human beings hide from ourselves in order to get through the day. When we step into the ring, the pain will be physical. Your whole world will shrink to the confines of that ring. Your entire awareness will be focused solely on me, and that’ as it should be. But no matter how well prepared you are, no matter how confident you are in your ability to handle what I bring into the ring, eventually you’ll reach your physical limit. When your body is screaming for mercy, when your heart feels like it will burst from your chest, when every fiber of your being screams for the sweet release of cold, unfeeling oblivion, that is the moment when your soul itself is laid bare, raw and bleeding for everyone to see. Some men break when they see what’s really there, what they truly are. I think you’re stronger than that. I think that you’ll be able to deal with yourself. The unfortunate part, though, is that you’ll still have to deal with me.

THE WOLF: You’ll probably never hear this again from me, Brian Storms, but … I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I’m the one that has to take your dream from you. I’m sorry that it has fallen to me to sink my fingers in deep, tear that dream from your guts, and leave it lifeless and broken on the mat. I see your determination, and I understand that in addition to breaking your body, I’ll also have to crush your soul, and when it comes to the culmination of my own decade-plus career in the form of the MCW World title, I will not hesitate to do it. You say that I’ll have to leave you damn near DEAD in order to walk out the door with the big gold around my waist … and you’re going to wish you never said that.

::FADE TO BLACK::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking Stock of Things

FADE IN...

Open on the simply adorned interview set backstage at the MCW Arena. Standing in front of the blue MCW backdrop is Bryan Storms, simply and casually attired in khaki shorts and a dark blue Columbia University t-shirt. Poking out from his front left pocket are his trademark dark sunglasses. There's no symbolism, no pretense this time. Just a straight, poignant message on the verge of the biggest night of his life.

BS: Confidence is a funny thing, Chris. It can boost you up from your lowest point and it can raise you to immeasurable expectations. But, confidence can also come back and bite you right in the ass. Because when you become so confident, so sure that there's nothing left that can stop you, odds are that's exactly when the last thing you're expecting to happen, will.

Judging from your little soliloquy, Chris, you look like you've just about reached that point. You've got it locked up in your mind that Zero Hour will be the crowning achievement of your decade-long career, that you will leave me battered, broken, and damn near destroyed on the canvas of the Staples Center, that you'll make me wish I'd never said I'd go to my absolute furthest limits to walk out of that arena as the MCW World Champion. You're so confident in that, I doubt your even considering the other reality. That when you and I meet at Zero Hour, we will push ourselves beyond our wildest capabilities, go to places that no two men in MCW's history have ever gone before, and, that in the end, I'll be able to last just THREE SECONDS LONGER than you.

That hasn't even entered your mind yet, has it Chris? If so, good. Because if you've still got an illusion of your own invincibility, your own destiny, I want you to take it into the ring at Zero Hour, so that I can see the look in your eyes as you realize that there's nothing more you can do to intimidate me. I want to see the recognition in your face when you know that you're in the ring with your equal. It may not happen right away, but as you and I wrestle, deep into the night, putting our very bodies and spirits on the line, you will come to see that crushing my dreams is not going to happen as easily as you may think.

You see, Chris, while you and the rest of the world may call me the underdog, the "runner up", a belief that I fully see in the eyes of the wrestling world, it doesn't matter to me. That you're the "man to beat", annointed champion before we even step into the ring, it DOES NOT MATTER TO ME. Because odds and hype, they don't decide WRESTLING matches. What decides that is a man's will, and a man's heart.

Now, I'll be the first to admit that, in both of those categories, you can boast a resume as fine as any man in this industry. You've overcome every adversity that the universe of professional wrestling could throw at you, Chris. You were never given the opportunity you deserved, never taken seriously enough for what you were able to do. Even being far smaller than the rest of your competition, you stuck through it, and you produced some of the most exciting, most amazing, and most brutal results of the past decade, if not ever. You've been through battles in that ring and in this business that I, at just 24 years old, can't even compare to. I nearly shoved a shard of glass in John Doe's eye. You've gone that far and farther, and I'll admit it.

You know what, Chris, I'll go one step more. Not only did you do all that, you did it with ME as one of your biggest admirers. I spent my teenage years collecting tape after tape of every wrestling promotion I could find. I spent hour after hour going over my collection, studying every wrestler, every match. I have entire file boxes devoted to the best I saw for an entire decade, and Chris, I've got a full box of nothing but your greatest hits. I'm not telling you this to let you know I've seen your stuff and know your tendencies or your style. I'm telling you because I know just how far your willing to go IN THAT RING to prove yourself the best.

But Chris, all that footage, it shows me just that, what you've done IN THE RING. That's where you've shown what's in the deepest, darkest parts of your soul, there for the world to see, there for me to study. You asked me what in the depths of my heart? There's no tape library of that, Chris. My battles against adversity weren't in the ring. They weren't even against another man. They were against myself, my weakness, my addiction. I have seen how far the rabbit hole goes, and I've come back from that internal hell a better man and a better fighter.

You want to bring me face-to-face with that again at Zero Hour, Chris? Go ahead. I've conquered the pain and weakness in the deepest, darkest bowels of my existence, and I can conquer them again if that's what it takes to leave Staples Center with that championship. If it comes to it, and I'm beginning to think it will, I will unleash the very hell that almost consumed me onto you, Chris McMillan. I will release the FURY and AGGRESSION of a man with nothing left to lose. I will battle you with the very same mentality as I did when I fought to break away from the reckless, stupid path that left me broken and battered on the inside. Most of all, Chris, I will not let you take away what I have become. You want to crush my dream? Take your best shot. Because the more desperate I get, the more dangerous I will become. I will fight with respect, and honor, but I will not fear the consequences of what I'll have to do to you to become MCW World Champion.

Because it's not a dream your trying to crush, Chris, it's MY LIFE. Becoming MCW World Champion isn't some idyllic schoolboy fantasy for me, it's proof that I never have to go back to the way I was before. It's assurance that I, on my own, with no help from anyone, can make it to the top with sheer determination. That may sound silly or cliched, but be sure that it's the gospel f***ing truth, McMillan.

You want to make me regret saying I'll have to be damned near dead to lose this match? Fine with me. Because I live life with no regrets, no looking back. If you think that, after facing my own demons, facing you is forcing my knees to shake, if you think that YOU are the one who can put me away, you have a serious reality check to face, Chris. Because, as great as you may be, as tough as you may be, as brutal as you may be, Chris, you are not a god, you are a man, and men have weaknesses. And trust me, when we go face to face at Zero Hour, I will know them all. It won't matter how long or how far we have to push ourselves, I will break myself to expose you long enough to be able to put The Wolf down. Not forever, just for three seconds. That's all I need.

It should be a war, Chris, shouldn't it. I'm ready to go, and I'm sure you are. You have all my respect and admiration for what you've done in your career, until we step into that ring. Then, it disappears, and all you become is one last obstacle, one that I know that, if I'm my very best, I can take down.

Just don't mistranslate that as overconfidence. See you soon, Chris, I'm looking forward to it.

Should be legendary.

...FADE TO BLACK

Thread Information