PDA

View Full Version : Antaeus v Rabesque - Non Title -

TheOriginalSE
07-27-04, 12:45 AM
All RP for the Non-Title match between World Champion JEAN RABESQUE and ANTAEUS at RAUCOUS should be done in this folder. Any RP posted outside of the folder will not count.

The RP deadline is 11:59pm on Friday, August 6th. Angles should be sent to secandido@comcast.net

TheOriginalSE
08-04-04, 11:47 PM
((FADEIN: ANTAEUS, dressed in a very classy black tuxedo with a black top hat, stands with his formal black cane by his side upon the roof top of NEW Headquarters smoking a holding his cigarette through his white mask with a cigarette holder leaning on the door way to the roof as he looks up at stars in the midnight sky.))

ANTAEUS: … For months management begged and begged me to join NEW, offering me lavish gifts and throwing money at me like it was going out of style, but I repeatedly said no. Larry Tact was a model champion. He finally accomplished what he has sought a lifetime to achieve, he reached the pinnacle of greatness in this sport by winning the NEW World Heavyweight Title. I thought that if I came in, they would rush me to the top instead of letting me earn my place and put me in a World Heavyweight Title match against Tact.

I respect Larry Tact like few others in this sport. While I haven’t faced Tact in many years, I have been keeping my eye on him. He has developed one of this sports elite wrestlers. That is why I repeatedly turned down NEW’s offers. But low and behold, NEW decided to go in a completely opposite direction. After I spurned them repeatedly, they took their money and gifts and decided to settle on Rabesque instead.

When the news broke and I found out they signed Rabesque, I thought that Tact’s place was secure. Between Suicide, Troy Douglas, and Jon Marx, I thought you would never even make it to Tact. But they all let me down…

((ANTAEUS takes a puff on his cigarette and exhales slowly.))

They let him walk in and win the World Heavyweight Title without even a fight which is why none of them ever deserves to be World Heavyweight Champion. They should have stood up and took it to Rabesque, he never even should have been allowed to get a World Title match. I sat back watching NEW television every week in agony watching those bubbling buffoons DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as Rabesque marched on to victory.

I decided that the only way to set things right would be to attack Rabesque even before he had a chance to steal Tact’s title away so when Rabesque wasn’t looking, I jumped him from behind and locked on the Tactful Surrender in order to soften him up for Tact.

((ANTAEUS drops his ashes off the tip off his cigarette.))

Unfortunately, the refs wouldn’t let Tact win. They cost Tact the match at every turn, with slow counts and non calls, with clear favoritism for Rabesque. Tact was fighting against the odds the whole match and as great as he was, when that many people are against you, sometimes fate already has things decided.

As I sat in the back, shaking my head in disbelief as Rabesque was announced the World Heavyweight Champion, I decided that like I have in the past, that I am going to have to be the one who beats Rabesque.

You see Rabesque, your fate has already been decided like Tact’s fate was decided when you signed with NEW. I will wait in the shadows like an awaiting God, watching and waiting for the perfect opportunity to steal back the World Heavyweight Title. You have my guarantee, whether I win the World Title from you myself or decide to simply cost you the title against whomever NEW decides is “worthy” of a World Heavyweight Title shot, that title is not long for your waist.

((ANTAEUS takes a puff off his cigarette.))

No false gimmicks, no false hype, I am ANTAEUS....

((Fadeout.))

SteveA
08-05-04, 11:21 PM
(The screen comes in on a close-up of the NEW World Heavyweight Title, and as we slowly come away, we see Jean Rabesque, dressed in the norm, peering in at the camera, a sly smile slowly etched over his face as he takes a breath and speaks)

“I remember a time, a fonder a place..... a fonder day, when men actually had the guts to stand up for what they believed in. A time when if a man had a beef with somebody else, he would go up to him, announce his intentions, and they could settle that difference inside of the ring. But over the course of many years, that has completely changed, and hell, I have even fallen into that trap myself.

“Antaeus, or whatever the hell you’re calling yourself for the time being until you take the mask off to reveal the big shocking secret NEW will be saving to reveal, if you had such a problem with me, and have watched me so intently, then why can’t you just be a man about the whole situation? Is it because you know that this is the only way to get the job done, and if you revealed yourself and gave me an opportunity to prepare, then there would be no chance in hell of you ever winning a match against me.

“Now I know I came into the NEW in a similar manner, but I never did it because I felt I couldn’t beat someone. No, I’ll be honest when I say I was just looking for an easy win and wanted to surprise the hell out of Tact. I’ve proven I can beat him. But what you’re doing Antaeus..... reeks of sheer cowardice.

“I’ll be honest.... there’s a strong chance you can beat me in this match. I have nothing to go off other than tape of you blindsiding me backstage. You have an unlimited tape library at your disposal, just pick a PPV, find the main event, and you’ll probably see me there. But I’ll tell you one thing right now.... you’re not taking this title from me. Because either one of two things, or both, will have happened before you ever get a title match with me. Either you’ll have to step up and be a man... or I will have already have wrestled you. Either way, I’m going to have more than enough information to plan my assault.

“You see, I may not be the most physically fit or imposing athlete going, but preparation is the one thing that I dominate in over every other athlete. No one prepares for a match like I do and the second that I have any knowledge on you..... you’re mine.

“But that’s definitely not to say that I am throwing in the towel in this match, don’t get me wrong. Hell, you could be some two bit chump who has a hard on for me for all I know. And if you make but one mistake.... that’s all I need, I’ll own you here too. But then again, where the hell is the drama in that? NEW has spent so much money on the hype machine getting everybody ready for this..... that it sure as hell would be a let down if you came in here and flopped, wouldn’t it?

“But allow me to make one thing abundantly clear to you Punk-Ass. No one has handed me anything. No one made any arrangement for me to get to this point. Nothing was gift-wrapped. Ever. I earned everything was given to me and I scratched and clawed for everything along the way. I was screwed by a bogus disqualification out of the World Title Tournament, so all I did was become the inaugural TV champ. I was then screwed out of that belt.....so I took it up a notch and beat the man that you respect so dearly. Nothing has been easy, and trust me, EVERYONE has tried to stand in my way. EVERYONE has made an effort to keep me from reaching the goals that I set for myself in New ERA. NO ONE let me by, I OBLITERATED their asses out of my way, and if you really were paying attention, you probably would have noticed that.

“But as that occurred, you decided that it was going to be YOUR place to come in and make sure my run ended, so you did what all honorable men do, and you jumped me from behind. But the kicker is, despite everything you tried, YOU STILL COULDN’T STOP ME! I did everything in spite of you! Amidst the face of even more roadblocks, I still got the job done! And right now.... I am the New ERA Heavyweight Champion..... and there is not a damn thing that you can do about it.”

(Rabesque pauses for a moment, smiles a bit, and then continues)

“I did, however, appreciate it Antaeus, when you said something along the lines of how the referee’s favoritism and their slow counts is what cost Larry Tact the World Title.”

(Rabesque begins laughing)

“I guess if you really had been paying attention, and if you really had seen me win the World Title..... then you probably would have noticed that the match was a ladder match. There were NO two counts in the entire match.

“So.... I guess I got you pegged as a poser, but you never know, maybe you were some great champion, or some up and coming star, but all I know is that you have a hell of a lot of research to apparently do on me and you are a CLASSLESS COWARD. I won the title despite you, and I’ll keep the title despite you. And since you’ve apparently signed an NEW contract, it looks like you’re eventually going to have to learn to live with that.

“No false gimmicks, no false hype, no retarded mask, I am the NEW World Heavyweight Champion... I am Jean Rabesque.”

(FADEOUT)