PDA

View Full Version : [CD] Origins: Part II

Azrael_NEW
07-22-04, 10:44 PM
Flashback... a small town in Northern Iowa

Woman: Feeling better are we?

Man: As good as I ever have... Serafina... what did you do to me?

Serafina: Just a little family secret... and a year of laying around didn't hurt too much either...

Man: A whole year... Why did you ever pick me? Why did you bring me here?

Serafina: Jason, I told you... I'm just a fan who wants to see her man back in the ring... Speaking of being in the ring... once you feel better, your training starts immediately.

Jason: Training?

Serafina: You still have a lot to learn...

Jason: What are you talking about?

Serafina: You'll see...

Jason: I'll see? What if I don't want to see? I want to know now... Besides, I can't get back in the ring yet... I just started feeling better...

Serafina: Are you scared?

Jason: Scared?

Serafina: You've lost your nerve... If you ever truly had any in the first place... I thought you'd be different... No wonder you were beaten... You're frightened... timid... There's nothing I can do for you... go home... I won't waste my time with the weak...

Serafina stands from her chair, black hair blowing wildly with the sudden breeze. The tresses of her long black skirt sway as she walks away, toward the small, white house ahead of her. She cracks a small smile as she hears her companion's feet shuffling behind her to catch up. So it has begun...

One month later...

The two step off of a plane... the arrival destination: Tel-Aviv, Israel...

Jason and Serafina walk side by side, bags slung over shoulders, each wearing black cloaks which deflect the blowing sands. Jason's black eyes roam the scene, absorbing the country to which he is completely alien. He stops, hanging his head, his face completely hidden by his long black hair. Serafina, noticing her companion trailing behind, slows, before turning around to face him.

Serafina: Come...

Jason: I... I can't... I have to know... Why are we here? Why am I here? I've known you for a year... you've helped me so much... but why? What does this all mean?

Serafina: You've trusted me this far... let go Jason... and all will become clear...

A puzzled look spreads across Jason's angular face... He wipes a drop of sweat from his thin brow, flicking the salty liquid to the ground. He looks up, to see a heavy duty black jeep carrying several big men dressed in black. Serafina slowly backs away as the men climb out of the vehicle and begin circling around Jason... The first man lunges at him wildly, wielding a black club in one hand and a chain in the other. Jason sidesteps the man's charge, delivering a roundhouse kick to the back of the man's head. Another rushes in, only to have his blows deflected before he also meets one of Jason's feet, which sends him sprawling. The last three come at once, overmatching Jason... He is eventually taken down, victim of a flurry a clubbing. He eventually gives in to the pain, losing consciousness....

Jason wakes slowly to the rattling of chains... his arms and legs are chained to a wall... he struggles with his bonds, but the only get tighter, to the point of cutting into his flesh... Blood drips from the cuts on his face, wounds of his earlier fight... He shakes his head, trying to clear the cobwebs... the confusion... Anger flashes through his mind... he wants nothing more than to rip apart those who attacked him... to gouge out the eyes of the treacherous Serafina... A blood curling scream escapes his lips, as he struggles against his chains one last time, using the last bit of energy remaining. But once again... he slumps down, supported by the very bonds he wants so desperately to rid of. Jason's fist pounds against the wall, as he leans against it in frustration...

In an adjacent room, a conversation pursues.

Man's voice: He is indeed a lively one... What makes you think him to be one worthy of what I have to give?

Serafina: I have seen him in action... He has a strong heart, and an equally will... He is all that you seek... He simply needs your guidance...

Man's voice: You believe that he can endure what I have to show him... and you stand firmly behind him?

Serafina: Yes... I do...

Man's voice: You understand that your life depends upon this...?

Serafina: I understand... father...

The man nods, motioning for his daughter to leave him... He then steps out from the shadows, into the lighted doorway, into Jason's sight... The black blood-shot eyes stare back into his eyes of slate gray... The man moves toward him slowly and, cupping Jason's chin with his large hand, stands nose to nose with him. He sees the burning hatred within Jason's eyes... the desire to do nothing short of murder... The man simply smirks.

Man: You are the one she's chosen... The one my daughter has found to be the heir to something more important to me than life itself. Heir to a legacy to which you are not worthy...

Jason spits into the man's face... He wipes the crude matter away with disgust and strikes Jason across the face with his large, gloved hand. Recovering from the blow, Jason turns slowly back toward his assailant, a calm exterior masking the fury within...

Man: You still have much to learn... But we shall see...

The man turns to walk away, before stopping at the doorway.

Man: Many have failed to do what my daughter thinks you are capable of... To supercede all that you've ever thought yourself to be capable... We'll see if you simply fall in defeat as the rest.... or if you'll be proven worthy... if you'll be... Azrael...

The man closes the door to the room, leaving Jason alone in a pitch black room. A year ago, he was a DCW wrestler, one with all the promise in the world. He was a star... He was the top... But what is he now? A cold, shivering mass in a world to which he knows no comfort... He was angry beyond belief... Angry at all which had driven him here... at everyone who'd forced him to where he was now... at the bastard who tried to cripple him in the first place... He hated the man who had him trapped here... Serafina, for her traitorous actions... himself... for ever allowing himself to be taken here in the first place... He was angry at the world... ready to rip everything apart... But there was one thing holding him back... one thing which prevented him from taking any action... for the first time in his life, Jason faced something he had never known before. He had thrown his body all over rings, cages... He had faced 7 foot monsters... hardcore legends... But this time was different... this time... he was scared....

End Flashback...

Serafina: Is there something wrong?

Serafina and her companion stand before the arena, in front of the massive entry doors. Once again draped in twin black cloaks, they stand together silently, thoughts running rampant. So much has happened... and so much was yet to come...

Man's voice: Who am I...? What am I...?

Serafina: You mean you still don't know... After all this time... after all you've been through... I can't answer that question... Let's go inside... Maybe there you'll find your answers.

The two step through the glass doors, allowing them to softly swing closed behind them... They walk through the dimly lighted halls, cloaks flowing with them. The light above flickers several times, finally giving out. The two walk on together in darkness.