PDA

View Full Version : [CD] Origins: Part I

Azrael_NEW
07-22-04, 02:48 PM
Flashback...

A loud crack is heard... echoing over and over again... The sharp sound permeates the air all around, inescapable... The twisting and breaking of bone is easily discernible... along with the thud of a human body crashing against the point of a steel ringpost... The feeling of not being able to move... A fear of doom and death... A pain like never felt before... The booing of the horrified audience, watching over their fallen hero... The hands of medical personnel, working feverishly...

A pair of black, blood-shot eyes opens amid the darkness... The haunting dream disappears into nothingness, and, once again, all is quiet... and all is well... But no, all is not well. It wasn't just a dream... it was a memory... A haunting mental reoccurrence of the most grotesque incident this man has ever experienced... Even awake, the scene plays in his mind over... and over... and over... With each retelling, he can feel the pain... hear the sounds... The heart monitor begins to beep faster and faster, piercing into his thoughts. Soft footsteps begin to come toward him from the other side of the door. A nurse enters the room slowly.

Nurse: Is everything ok?

When she gets no response, she flips on the light switch and begins to check the equipment. Her patient lies motionless in the bed, although not because he wishes to. Finding nothing unusual, she removes herself from the room as quickly and quietly as she entered.

For the first time, the black eyes rove the room, observing the surroundings... he lies in a hospital bed, surrounded by pieces of equipment. His head spins, dazed... confused... He tries to stir, but he finally feels the inevitable truth he had been dreading... His lower limbs won't move... The feeling in them has completely gone... vanished without a trace... His hands slowly creep up to cover his face... concealing the anguish... the pain... even the tears... A growing hatred for the world stirs within his heart... Curse the one who did this to him... Curse the world for not being there... Why did he have to suffer? Why did he have to endure? He was the promising young star... the next in line for the DCW world title... the one who bring DCW to the next level... the Val Halla of wrestling... He shouldered the world... but now his world had been taken away... His very livelihood... flushed down the drain out of another's spite.... His blood boils with anger... yet what can he do... he can't even move....

Another figure creeps toward the door... this time... as the door swings open with a creek... it's not a nurse... but another woman... As she walks into the room, her flowing black cloak sways in the still air. She removes the hood to reveal her flowing black hair... Her stone gray eyes give the slightest hint of pity, looking over the broken body of one who once had so much potential to go so far... She walks into the room to the bedside table, turning on the lamp placed near the man's head. For a moment, the two lock eyes, one with a look of bewilderment... the other... a look of warmth, yet determination.

Man: Who are you... what do you want with me?

Woman: Just a fan... nothing more...

Man, angrily: I don't need fans anymore... I can't make anyone cheer... Look at me! I'm nothing... Just another cripple without a purpose... Go away... Go be someone else's groupie...

The man turns his head away, tears of anguish streaming down his face. The woman's cold hands firmly grip his face by the jaw, turning it back toward her. She slaps him across the cheek, inciting a look of rage to spread the width of his face.

Woman: The spirit still burns within you I see... The spirit to fight... the spirit to win... You have so much potential... Don't let it go to waste lying here feeling sorry for yourself... You can still be great... Even greater than you ever had the chance to be before...

Man: How do you expect anything from me?

Woman: I've seen what you're capable of... You can once again step out into those lights... into that ring... into greatness... Just let me help you...

Man: And what are you going to do? You're not God... You're not even a doctor... You think that you can somehow heal me whenever no one could?

Woman: Yes... I can... if you would let me...

A look of intrigue is visible on the man's face. He would not believe her... he could not... it wasn't possible... Yet somehow... for some reason... he wanted to... he had to... It was too much, yet it was his deepest desire... He nods slowly...

Woman: You have made a wise decision... I'll make sure you won't regret it...

The woman kisses him on the forehead and heads toward the door. He lays silently, unsure of what he just agreed to... unsure of the world around him... unsure of it all... Maybe this was the dream... and what he thought was a dream... was really reality... Nothing seemed right anymore... The black eyes closed once again...

End of flashback...

The city lights gleam in the night sky. From a rooftop, two cloaked figures overlook a sports arena... A noisy crowd of people stream through the doors, pushing and shoving one another to pile in. The scrolling marquee in front of the arena reads "NEW: New ERA Wrestling Tonight!!!" The two figures turn to face one another.

Woman's voice: Here we are... Soon, all that we've waited and worked for will come to fruition...

Man's voice: It's been far too long...

The two nod in agreement. They silently head toward the rooftop stairs, leaving the night to it's previous stillness, except for the rampaging fans on the city street below.