PDA

View Full Version : A problem with my character

aodhan
04-20-04, 10:49 AM
Okay, guys. Heres the deal: basically, Aodhan is a recently developed character, and I need to tweak him a little bit. He was born in Ankara, Turkey (because Joe Strummer was born there), but is not Turkish, nor does he employ a Turkish accent. He is Irish by lineage, and has always had a brogue. The problem is, I don't know whether to write my roleplays with the brogue written into the script, or just add a little [] tag stating that a thick brogue is being employed. After scanning my last promotions, I understand that it may be difficult to read, and that it may take away from the enjoyment level of the roleplays. What is your input?

JABolich
04-20-04, 02:19 PM
I'd say stick with the brogue. I can understand most of what you're trying to get at. Maybe ease it up juuust slightly, but losing the brogue would make the character less cool.

aodhan
04-20-04, 02:44 PM
Roi, den. Thanks for yer input, paddy.

MarcusWestcott
04-20-04, 05:03 PM
What I would do though is use different font colors - that one blue or whatever it is, is killer to read :cool:

EpyonMarx
04-20-04, 05:29 PM
Using an accent is fine. The colours are a little difficult sometimes, but other than that, no problem I can see :)

TSiegel
04-20-04, 05:33 PM
All in all....

You're rockin' out buddy, just watch the color of the fonts, lol.

Good to see ya in EPW, btw.

-Tom

aodhan
04-20-04, 08:06 PM
Well, then. Okay, accent is in - terrible colors are gone. Gotcha. Thanks for the strong response. I hope to have memorable matches with all of you.