PDA

View Full Version : UWA/Avery Prosser/Seven Deadly Sins Questions

jediPREZ
02-06-04, 04:07 PM
If you've got 'em, list 'em here...we'll do our best to answer.

And I mean questions about the history of the characters, not the insane logic of us bringing them into the league. ;)

GreggG
02-06-04, 05:22 PM
Some dudes for you guys to know.

THE OBLIVION EXPRESS-- they were on the first card in NFW History. 'Railroad' Lionel Reese and 'Doc Doom' Jeff Cummins. They were originally part of WildStar's FIVE STAR ENTERPRISES heel faction that later morphed into Calvin Carlton Enterprises when he became the group's "portfolio and investments manager." Around the same time, WildStar turned face and jettisoned Calvin and The Oblivion Express left for Japan and were replaced with The Original Showstoppers. Think of them as FW's version of Doc and Gordy or as The World's Greatest Tag Team but bigger in size like Brock for you newer fans.

DRS-- The Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. Arguably the greatest tag team on *Prodigy when we were still on there. Saafir Muhammed and 187. Saafir does the mic-work-- just some low-down, angry black guy stuff. 187 stays silent and is the muscle of the team. Think SMW-era Gangstas. The hidden secret about them is that away from the plunder and the violence, they're actually REALLY talented wrestlers, as Saafir once went to a 60-minute time limit draw against Tom Adler in one of my all-time favorite matches.

Blaine Hollywood-- read his introductory note to get an idea of the character. One of JN's longtime concepts for a character, finally come to life. I'm REALLY excited about this guy.

Avery Prosser-- "The Prodigy." Embittled wrestler who feels he never got his due. JN can elaborate better than I can, I don't know the history of him as well as the other guys.

PaulNJ21
02-08-04, 01:23 PM
This all feels like Transformers The Movie, half a dozen characters I don't know and Optimus Prime is dead ;->

Who is the Deacon?

GreggG
02-08-04, 02:31 PM
Deacon is a longtime character in the CSWA and held the world title there on a few occassions. I like to think of him as the Christian Undertaker-- large in size, consumate hero. Known for his remarkable ring entrances. Deacon, the character, is largely silent (every now and then he'll speak) and his mouthpiece is Chris Shepherd. One of my all-time favorite characters, really different and unique and really great babyface.

Eddy Love, if you couldn't tell by his promo, is a retro-style heel in the vein of Ric Flair or Tully Blanchard and is a lot of people's all-time favorite character.

jediPREZ
02-08-04, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by PaulNJ21
This all feels like Transformers The Movie, half a dozen characters I don't know and Optimus Prime is dead ;->

Who is the Deacon?

"You've got the touch! You've got the powwwerrrrrrrrr!"

Yes, Boogie Nights stole Transformer the Movie lyrics...

jediPREZ
02-11-04, 03:03 PM
I'm putting together an archive for the UWA on the NFW site.

http://nfw.fwrestling.com/UWA

So far, I've gotten the Sullivan Era put up for the most part...and no, that era has nothing with Avery Prosser on it...the Everett Era will have that stuff.

TheOriginalSE
02-12-04, 03:03 PM
i miss prodigy alpha-numerical IDs :)

eyoung
02-12-04, 03:17 PM
Is 187 the same character that Mad Dog handled in the EWI?

jediPREZ
02-12-04, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by eyoung
Is 187 the same character that Mad Dog handled in the EWI?

No - 187 is a character that JN created as 1/2 the tag team Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...back in 1996 or so in a league that Schmid (Guns) ran called the AAWC.

And that was on the famed Prodigy. :)

Mad Dog
02-12-04, 04:16 PM
Hey Ed,

It's a different 187.

The one I had was a rip off of ECW's 911.

I didn't even know there was another one until now. :-)

- Joe aka Mad Dog

QueenOfTheRing
02-12-04, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by tenntitans420
Hey Ed,

It's a different 187.

The one I had was a rip off of ECW's 911.

I didn't even know there was another one until now. :-)

- Joe aka Mad Dog

There's one in A1E...Prisoner 187. The guy who originally created the character isn't handling him now due to time constraints...someone else is.

Needless to say...Dan West's 187 was about a gajillion times better than this current incarnation. :rolleyes:

eyoung
02-12-04, 06:15 PM
Ok I'm gonna risk really showing my ignorance here, but what is the significance of the #187 that has made it be chosen 3 times as an FW name?

ed

GreggG
02-12-04, 06:23 PM
187 is police code for murder and is used in many, many rap songs.

My favorite usage comes in a song by Snoop and Dre, where the hook is "Yeah, and you don't stop. 'Cause it's a 1-8-7 on an undercover cop."

JABolich
02-12-04, 06:36 PM
Oh, so THAT'S what it means. I've been wondering for a while now.

Thanks.

QueenOfTheRing
02-12-04, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by GreggG

My favorite usage comes in a song by Snoop and Dre, where the hook is "Yeah, and you don't stop. 'Cause it's a 1-8-7 on an undercover cop."

Gregg's on a mission and his misson won't stop. ;)

JayPeaTee
02-14-04, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by WestPREZ
No - 187 is a character that JN created as 1/2 the tag team Dirty Rotten Scoundrels...back in 1996 or so in a league that Schmid (Guns) ran called the AAWC.

And that was on the famed Prodigy. :)

Just remember who ORIGINALLY ran the AAWC (GLP and I) ;)

JayPeaTee
02-14-04, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by GreggG

That song is actually what my team and I play when we train together (motivation so as not to let it happen to us)

-Yes, for those of you who DON'T know, I'm a cop (hint- think of All Star Legends night and you'll know for what division I work :))