PDA

View Full Version : Behind every successful man.....

DBrunkGXW
12-14-03, 03:08 PM
"Change is inevitable. It's winds blow, trumpeted by oppurtunity."

---------
DAN RYAN....

Sitting on an elevated table in the depths of the arena he sits as some all too youthful medical worker tends to second degree burns on his forehead, and a laceration on the back of his head....a souvenir from the night's festivities.

Nearby, LINDSAY TROY stands....arms folded across her chest, looking on. A certain consternation graces her features as she looks on, but says nothing....

Ryan simply sits with an annoyed look on his face, eyeing the EMT with suspicion....but only thinking to himself what was on his mind.....

"It's not like this is the first time I've been hit with weapons in a match..."

Troy: " Look on the bright side, Ryan...at least you didn't get hit with a loaf of bread.

She smirks, and reaches for a bottle of water on a nearby table.

Ryan: "True. A tire iron and a big ball of fire in my face makes me feel so much more fulfilled."

The EMT prods at a wound on his head above his left eye and Ryan winces, flashing the man a glare that gives him pause before going on

Troy: "You make it sound as if it was a bad thing."

She takes a sip and replaces the cap on the bottle.

Troy: "You'll forgive me if I don't jump with glee at our less-than-favorable debut as a star-manager duo, right? I mean, the whole "winning" thing was a plus, but I wasn't feeling the element of surprise..."

Ryan: "First of all, the announcers in this company are morons. If it doesn't say Shane Southern or Michael Manson on it, it doesn't exist."

Ryan stands to his feet as the EMT finishes up and begins putting his things away.

Ryan: "Besides....I'm not particularly interested in their opinions anyway. The match was won....there are ten more points in the bag, and reaction from nobody announcers or not....you made the impact that swung things in our favor. That's all that matters."

Troy walks over and stands beside him.

Troy: "If I were you, I wouldn't go doggin the announcers. The last thing we need is another Hornet/Lamont Hollywood episode. But you do march to the beat of your own drummer, and I guess that's what I like about you. That, and you show humility when you need to, which is more than I can say for Joseph half the time. My hair is going to start turning grey because of him, which is actually pretty ironic if you think about it."

Ryan reaches down and puts a few things neatly into a bag and picks it up, slinging it over his shoulder.

Ryan: "Well...."

"Hollywood and O'Connor aren't important. Chances are they're getting an earful for dropping the ball anyway. As for Joey......"

short laugh....

Ryan: "He knows how to push your buttons. That's really all there is to it. It's all about having some fun these days for him.....and that's all fine and well. Still, I'm thinking when it comes right down to it....he's not a bad guy to have watching your back in a fight. The man does know this business."

Ryan starts toward the door as Lindsay follows........and Ryan shoots a glance over his shoulder at her....

Ryan: "Besides.....I think Clairol makes just that shade....."

Ryan smiles....Lindsay smirks a bit....and Ryan opens the door to a surprising crush of reporters and media shoving microphones in their faces.....

Ryan: "Well.....there's that reaction you wanted......"

Ryan and Troy fight their way out into the mass of people as we FADE OUT.

-------
**OOC: Written in conjunction with the Queen of the Ring**

DBrunkGXW
12-20-03, 03:06 AM
"Things aren't always as they seem...."

-----
Media....

DAN RYAN looked out the dark window of the limousine into the faces of the media types trying to get a glimpse of the inside.

LINDSAY TROY sat across the way, a good six feet in this luxury model....and continued getting settled into the seat.

Ryan continued looking....

Ryan: "So...."

Ryan looked at Troy with a smile...

Ryan: "I imagine the #2 wrestler in the world is used to this sort of thing."

Troy: "Oh, this is nothing. You should have seen the media attention I got after I beat you the first time we ever met."

She grins as Ryan raises an eyebrow slightly and lets out a "psshh" sound barely under his breath.

Troy: "Oh, calm down Champ. I was only slightly exaggerating."

Ryan shakes his head...

Ryan: "Still....it's not always good to be so noticed."

"I assume you heard about my visit from Kazuo Shizaki's cronie?"

Troy: "Yeah, I heard. He didn't seem to be the Welcome Wagon's chief greeter, did he."

"I think Shizaki needs to take the sanction like a man instead of having his lawyer whine about all this "unfounded claims" nonsense. He may have to abide by what was handed down, but of course...he doesn't have to like it."

Ryan: "It seems our Asian friend has a bit of a thin skin."

"Still, I don't really feel like bein' his scapegoat right now. Whoever attacked him it would seem...is trying to make it look like I had something to do with it. Kazuo was right about one thing....I'm the only person who would seem to have a reason to do it....and yet there still remains a problem....I didn't."

Troy: "I'm sure that you have better things to do then purposefully put yourself in a position to lose points. Looks to me like you were set up, Champ, and the sooner you figure out who it is, the better off you're gonna be. Ya don't need any unneccessary distractions, and that's exactly what this whole ordeal is."

Ryan's eyebrows furrow a bit as he takes another look out the window at the buildings going by....

Ryan: "I think I already know....."

Troy: (Taken a bit aback) "Really....Anyone I might know?"

Ryan raises his eyebrows and within seconds...a flash of revelation comes over Troy's face.

Troy:(sarcastically, rolling her eyes) "Gee, why am I not surprised? Seems sneak-attacks are his way of making paydays..."

Ryan: "I can't blame him too much. Before you and I spoke, I was almost managed by someone else."

Troy: "I'm almost afraid to ask who it was..."

Ryan smiles... and says nothing....

Troy: "You have GOT to be kidding me."

Ryan shrugs and rubs his forehead, eyes closed.

Ryan: "He had a proposal and I listened. In the end, I turned him down. I guess he didn't care for that response."

Troy: "I often wonder if I really should have knocked some sense into you instead of knocking some out. I think this confirms any doubt I might have had in my mind."

Ryan: (Smiling) "Everything happens for a reason, my dear. And the more I think about it...."

Ryan pauses, thinking....

Ryan: "...The more I think about it, the more I think this might be turned to our advantage very easily."

"Remember who we're talking about."

Troy: "Oh, trust me Dan..."

She balls her hand into a fist

"I don't plan on forgetting anytime soon."

Ryan smiles again...then continues...

Ryan: "As for Kazuo, I guess we'll need to keep an eye on him. I don't think he'll care for conspiracy theories, so I'm not gonna even bother trying to explain things to him. Let him do as he wishes. I won't overlook the threat he poses."

Ryan looks out the window as they pull up to the airport terminal

Ryan: "In the meantime, I've got Evan Aho on my plate."

Troy: "Ah yes, the man so technically sound that he forgets to show up before the bell rings half the time. Perhaps you should send him a watch and calendar for Christmas. After all, champions have to be benevolent at times, just as Queens do."

Ryan: "I think I just might....and I'll slip a picture of the CSWA World belt, too....so he can snuggle up with an old friend."

Troy chuckles a bit.....the door opens...and she gets out.

Ryan follows a moment or two later, dragging his personal effects along with him.

FADE OUT