PDA

View Full Version : EFG BATTLEMANIA Coming This Weekend!

Ernie
04-03-15, 01:03 PM
Due to some issues (including but not limited to the Easter holiday weekend) BATTLEMANIA will not be tonight, but will be either Saturday or Sunday. We apologize for the brief delay.

In related news, this Saturday's EFG program will be cancelled in order to expedite the match writing process.

Thank you and have a happy Easter!

LivingLegendAmp
04-04-15, 12:22 PM
So, should we expect an EFG tonight with results? Or tomorrow?

DaveRydellUGWC
04-04-15, 01:44 PM
will the results just be delayed and the date for the results still be april 3? i hope so because it ties in with my story i'm working with my home fed...

CycloneJK
04-04-15, 09:19 PM
Just call it a delayed telecast, probably

Ernie
04-05-15, 02:01 AM
Just call it a delayed telecast, probably

^ This works.

Ernie
04-05-15, 02:02 AM
So, should we expect an EFG tonight with results? Or tomorrow?

Most likely on Monday, if I can get the match finished and posted by tomorrow night.

Parkera
04-05-15, 02:43 AM
We look forward to a great event Ernie. Take ya time bro! #TotalFaith

CycloneJK
04-05-15, 05:22 AM
What parkera said^
would rather a well-put together event than a rushed show tomorrow. Take all the time you need, mate ^_^

Jorden Snow
04-05-15, 06:52 AM
Oddly enough, there's already a version of the BATTLEMANIA match 100% written, but ..I was told that it wasn't going to be used, so now it'll just sit on my hard-drive until I feel like deleting it.

*disappears again*

DaveRydellUGWC
04-05-15, 06:34 PM
While I do appreciate this event actually taking place and whatnot, and do appreciate the people hosting the event, I'm a little annoyed. We were given the deadline of March 14. The event was supposed to be posted on April 3. Now, I understand things happen, but I have written battle royals before with this number of people, but my thing is, if you knew this event had this timeline, it should have been stuck to. There was almost 3 weeks between the deadline and the actual event. I think there was some poor planning on someones part during the process.

Like I said, I'm just voicing a grievance, and I too would like a solid and well written event instead of something rushed. But at the same time, we had our timelines that we had to follow, I think you should have yours to follow with zero slack.

As always, this is just an opinion to which I am entitled to, I just wanted to voice it so it's out there and possibly someone can clarify a miscommunication on someones part. Not playing the blame game, and I am aware of the amount of RP's that needed judging, but that should have taken no more than a week in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm rambling.

Jesse Ramey
04-05-15, 08:05 PM
The biggest thing to keep in mind here is the person above your post is the person that was supposed to write the match. He didn't turn up with the match when he was supposed to despite telling Ernie that it would be finished, so when he didn't produce Ernie started writing.

I don't really see that as playing a blame game honestly, but a little extra time for one person to step up to the plate and try to fix the problems that someone who entirely bailed on this tournament and the hobby is probably asking too much though, right?

Parkera
04-05-15, 08:28 PM
The biggest thing to keep in mind here is the person above your post is the person that was supposed to write the match. He didn't turn up with the match when he was supposed to despite telling Ernie that it would be finished, so when he didn't produce Ernie started writing.

I don't really see that as playing a blame game honestly, but a little extra time for one person to step up to the plate and try to fix the problems that someone who entirely bailed on this tournament and the hobby is probably asking too much though, right?

Perfectly said Jesse

DaveRydellUGWC
04-05-15, 11:57 PM
Then I stand corrected. I must have missed reading that part somewhere on here I suppose. So I apologize. And if this is in fact the case, then go ahead. Take all the time needed. And I now retract my previous statement.

Just let it be known I said that, not being aware of the true reason for the delay. So apologies to whoever my post pissed off, and even more sincere and humble apologies to the one man fixing the issue. Kudos to you, you deserve a medal.

Jorden Snow
04-06-15, 12:21 AM

Absolutely inaccurate statement on your part, which I'm assuming you just don't know the truth. Allow me to state the true and correct story.

BATTLEMANIA has been written for nearly a week now. I finished the match on like 3/30 or 3/31. At that time, I spoke to Ernie through Cellular Text Messaging and told him that I was done and I'd send him the match once I got to work. (My wireless network card thingy broke and I can't connect to my Wifi at home.. blah, suck). Either way, because for a week solid I hadn't responded to any of Ernie's text messages on my phone, he decided that he was going to write the match himself.

When I told him I'd completed the match, the response I was given was "Don't bother to send it, I'm writing it myself (with Keegan) and we're using ours."

So.. the deadline of April 3rd, was met ..I was just told that my match was no longer going to be used. As it stands right now, it sits on a thumb-drive, right on my desk at home. I know the reason Ernie (and others probably) don't want to use my match, I.E. - My lack of participation with EFG in the past 2-3 weeks. Which that's cool, no big deal. I'd also say that my lack of responding to the text messages also probably spurned this on. Either way, no big deal to me.

For those who DID write for BATTLEMANIA, if you'd still like to receive my Roleplay Feedback which I completed, let me know, I'll PM it to you individually here on the fWrestling boards.

DaveRydellUGWC
04-06-15, 12:52 AM
^^^^^^i would very much enjoy the feedback.

As far as the match, whatever the case, I'm just ready for the results.

Ryan Omega
04-06-15, 12:52 AM
I just rode to have fun, Jorden. But I'll take your feedback. It's always good to hear someone's thoughts.

Jorden Snow
04-06-15, 12:57 AM
Sent and sent. ;)

Ryan Omega
04-06-15, 01:01 AM
Thanks Jorden

Damien
04-06-15, 02:57 AM
I'd also be interested in receiving any feedback you might have, Jorden. Thanks!

Jorden Snow
04-06-15, 05:46 AM
Damien, sent.

Also, for anyone else in the future that might ask for the feedback.. let me just state that this is not constructive criticism type of feedback where I'm going to harp on and on about what you did wrong, what needs changed, etc. This is more "quick hits comments" type of feedback while reading your Roleplays. As I read something I really liked, I made a note about it. If I read something I disliked, I even made note of it. Then by the time I finished reading what you had written, I had a paragraph of feedback.

Thus what you'll be getting from me.

Mike Best
04-06-15, 05:56 AM
I can vouch for Jordan's story, by the way, as it's almost exactly what I was told by Ernie himself while he was working on the match. He was worried that Jordan didn't actually have it completed, and didn't want to lose a day of writing in case Jordan didn't have it done.

Props to Ernie for wanting to make sure it was finished, and props to Jordan for actually finishing it. Just a crossing of wires that lead to an unfortunate situation, much like a lot of this first trial run of Battlemania.

And I'd love your feedback, Jordan. Hit me up.

Jorden Snow
04-06-15, 06:04 AM
Coming your way Mike.

FallofEdenUGWC
04-06-15, 08:02 AM
I'm in for the feedback as well. Thanks!

Megastory4
04-06-15, 08:19 AM
*raises hand excitedly* Ooh, ooh! I'd like feedback, too.

Distorted Angel
04-06-15, 08:48 AM
If there is time for feedback on mine- I'd love to hear it :)

CycloneJK
04-06-15, 09:33 AM
Feedz would be greatly appreciated here too, Jorden :)

Chris King
04-06-15, 12:41 PM
I'd like some feedback to whenever you have time. No rush.

Stacy Jones
04-06-15, 02:31 PM
I'd certainly appreciate your feedback Mr Snow

English
04-06-15, 06:39 PM
"FEED ME BACK!" That's what they chant these days right? I'll take some feedback snow.

Reya Serra
04-06-15, 08:31 PM
I too would appreciate feedback.

Mike Best
04-07-15, 01:27 AM
Today I learned that Tuesday is a part of the weekend.

Jesse Ramey
04-07-15, 02:25 AM
Ernie hasn't wanted to take time away from writing while he's at the computer to look back here so I'm posting this as a progress report. I stepped in this evening to help with the writing of the show, it's about half way done, and if it isn't finished tomorrow it will be done by Wednesday.

Parkera
04-07-15, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the update Jesse, tell Ernie stop stressing and worrying it will be ready once its done. Either way it will be a great read!

Justin
04-07-15, 02:30 AM
At this point shouldn't you just use Jorden's finished version?

Jesse Ramey
04-07-15, 02:39 AM

As far as I know Jorden hasn't sent this version of the match to anyone, so it's still sitting on a flash drive if it is finished.

Mike Best
04-07-15, 04:24 AM

All we need now is a good hacking story and "OH NO IT WAS ALL ERASED BECAUSE MY MOM REFORMATTED" and it's 1998 all over again.

Parkera
04-07-15, 04:27 AM
I'm sorry but the longer this tit for tat goes on the worse it reflects. Lets just stop and leave that stuff for the private messaging can we?

Ryan Omega
04-07-15, 11:09 AM
People getting so worked up about results on an Internet game... Yeesh, it's almost like some people don't have lives away from the computer.

DBrunkGXW
04-07-15, 11:51 AM
Well done with running this thing guys, serious. Really, great job.

Sorry, but this thing lost me when the one dude posted in the other thread that he ranked Eugene Dewey dead last in his judging.

Mark Kingston
04-07-15, 12:04 PM
Most likely on Monday, if I can get the match finished and posted by tomorrow night.

Any update for us patiently waiting?

English
04-07-15, 02:51 PM
Everything in this thread for the most part illustrates every single regular occurring issue with this game. Egos. Late results. Ass kissing. ect.

Honestly though you had 30 people fill the thing up in 24 hours. So there are a lot of people put there who where passionate in wanting to write. You had 30 role plays turned into the event, on a strict deadline. This goes to show that a lot of issue with this game do not solely lay in the hands of people writing the characters, it is the people running the show. I know that things happen life ect, but this is way way too past your strict deadline. I mean taking a few extra days is absolutely fine, but this is pretty long to wait. . . not to mention people already have a good idea where they sit via a judges posted results. This game is just fun, I get that all the time and most of the time I have fun. I have fun writing. I assume you have fun judging and putting together results if not why do it? What I am saying is when stuff doesn't get done where is the fun? There a cute little rhyming couplet for you.

Thank god there was no entrance fee.

Good effort, better luck next year.

Mark Kingston
04-07-15, 04:23 PM
Everything in this thread for the most part illustrates every single regular occurring issue with this game. Egos. Late results. Ass kissing. ect.

Honestly though you had 30 people fill the thing up in 24 hours. So there are a lot of people put there who where passionate in wanting to write. You had 30 role plays turned into the event, on a strict deadline. This goes to show that a lot of issue with this game do not solely lay in the hands of people writing the characters, it is the people running the show. I know that things happen life ect, but this is way way too past your strict deadline. I mean taking a few extra days is absolutely fine, but this is pretty long to wait. . . not to mention people already have a good idea where they sit via a judges posted results. This game is just fun, I get that all the time and most of the time I have fun. I have fun writing. I assume you have fun judging and putting together results if not why do it? What I am saying is when stuff doesn't get done where is the fun? There a cute little rhyming couplet for you.

Thank god there was no entrance fee.

Good effort, better luck next year.

Totally agree.

Dan
04-07-15, 05:00 PM
Jorden quit eWrestling? That's absolutely hilarious from the viewpoint of someone in LoC.

Jorden Snow
04-07-15, 05:25 PM
The version I wrote is still in my desk.. If the match isn't posted before I go back to work.. I'll post my version when I do go back to work. All the other stuff in this thread.. Haha. As far as the feedback requests, those will be sent out when I get back to work too.

Dan
04-07-15, 05:43 PM
I sent your bitch ass a "don't be an asshat" request. See if you can work on that. ;)

Damien
04-07-15, 06:50 PM
I'm shocked there are people efedding in 2015 that aren't using google docs...

Lord Raab
04-07-15, 07:27 PM
Waiting for results is nothing new at all as I had to wait for 2 months for results to come out before and the longer you wait, the better they turn out in the end. Think some of you should be a bit more patient.

Justin
04-07-15, 07:40 PM
DEF just posted its fifth early show in a row.

I'm just saying, is all.

CycloneJK
04-07-15, 08:23 PM
Honestly, I can understand people's frustrations over this, particularly as we were set to a hard deadline of "this is when your contribution needs to be up" which is perfectly fine as we were all able to do that, with exception to Lord Raab's, who wasn't that far off the mark himself anyway. I was talking about this to the other guys from my fed in this thing and we were all wondering what's going on with the results. Apart from this, the longest delay we've had was probably a day and a half, and our writers have about 48hrs between deadline and the show going up to get stuff in. In this case, it has been nigh on a month since deadline.

I'm not laying blame on anyone here for what's going on, because I myself have no idea, but it is easy to understand people's frustrations.

Jesse Ramey
04-07-15, 09:01 PM
I can't really speak to the situation with the match originally. All I have to go off of is what Ernie has told me, Jorden made it pretty clear while the tournament was going that my input on matters of generally any kind outside of doing my job as a judge weren't wanted.

Hadn't really spoken to Ernie until like a day or so ago because we had problems as well. I asked how he was doing with the match, and then offered to help. So, my contribution to this wasn't even supposed to be a thing in general. The way the match is looking right now if things keep going the way they are it could be done tonight. Which as far as I can tell is only two days off of the expected time for the match anyway, because it was slated for Easter, which was Sunday. So, two days in total.

I feel like I've been taking a big hit as far as catching blame for stuff here and the only involvement I had with this originally was as a judge and I was against even doing that at first because of the shit storm that happened due to my judging. The way I look at it is this, a problem arose somewhere down the pipe regardless and people who have other things they should be worrying about have stepped in to help try and solve the problem, there was an update early this morning on the situation, but yet the waves of complaints don't stop.

Ernie
04-08-15, 06:15 AM
Today I learned that Tuesday is a part of the weekend.

In my culture Monday and Tuesday are the weekend. Also in my culture we hunt with blow darts and are cannibals. You should try it. You'd love it! :)

CycloneJK
04-08-15, 07:55 AM
In my culture Monday and Tuesday are the weekend. Also in my culture we hunt with blow darts and are cannibals. You should try it. You'd love it! :)

Mate, we throw boomerangs, blow our didgeridoos and eat Kangaroos. Reckon I'm right haha.

Distorted Angel
04-08-15, 09:13 AM
Mate, we throw boomerangs, blow our didgeridoos and eat Kangaroos. Reckon I'm right haha.

I second this- also Vegemite is a legitimate and we eat it, much to the disgust of anyone else who has ever tried it lol

CycloneJK
04-08-15, 09:27 AM
I second this- also Vegemite is a legitimate and we eat it, much to the disgust of anyone else who has ever tried it lol

To be fair, they always put the tiniest amount on their spoons when they try it. That stuff has to be eaten by the gob-full to be truly appreciated ;P

Argyle
04-08-15, 09:51 AM
It's nearly midnight here and I am now craving Vegemite on toast -.-

CycloneJK
04-08-15, 10:16 AM
Far be it from anyone to stop you, mate!

Distorted Angel
04-08-15, 07:58 PM
Vegemite on toast is godly.

Its nice to see some positivity, even if it's totally off topic :p