PDA

View Full Version : Crash 49...POSTED!

jediPREZ
08-24-09, 08:13 PM
The Mayans patiently await us...

FULL MODE: http://nfw.e-wrestling.org/content.php?p=results&id=103
CHAPTER MODE: http://nfw.e-wrestling.org/content.php?p=results&id=103&matchid=905

...AND WE PATIENTLY STALK TOWARDS THEIR ASSES WITH MACHETES IN OUR HANDS!

I mean, let us know if you liked the show. :cool:

(and let me know if I forgot anything...very good possibility.)

LQJT86C
08-24-09, 08:39 PM
::Crowd pops::

fugginVOSS
08-24-09, 08:41 PM
Looking forward to reading this. Defo have to be chapter view coz this looks shit-tonne-monstro.

jediPREZ
08-24-09, 09:48 PM
Yeah, this and 50 will be quite the monstro. Then we'll all go into eWrestling rehab for a while. ;)

LQJT86C
08-25-09, 12:21 AM
Yeah, this and 50 will be quite the monstro. Then we'll all go into eWrestling rehab for a while. ;)

No no no, PPV...then rehab. :cool:

Justin
08-25-09, 02:12 AM
I thought the last two months were rehab?

LQJT86C
08-25-09, 03:40 AM
I thought the last two months were rehab?

Nope. Thems was just dessert.

Anyway, with all these non-feedback related comments this shindig really needs a kick off, so here goes:

Segment of the night: The Inaugural DYNASTY Tea Social. So utterly obnoxious, it was heeltastic. By now, Dorchester has been transformed to the point where I've almost forgotten he was ever a backyard wrestler. Carlton's snobbery here was A+. Wildstar showing up was the icing on the cake, plus he had my favorite line of the night.

Other segments I liked: American Panda is f*cking hilarious, and the premise behind his emergence is even more so. The Mayfield stuff was solid, and I especially liked the swerve at the end between him and Blaine Hollywood.

Just a minor note: "Sudden...Castor" was co-written by myself and Pete Russo, despite what the credits tell you. :D

Line of the night: WILDSTAR: "Pardon me, do you have any Gray Poupon?" That and CC detailing his family's faberge easter egg hunts had me rolling.

Match of the Night: The World Championship Gauntlet was great. The ending set up a ton of intrigue for Cras 50 and is going to wind up pumping more energy into the league. Quatro Equis vs. High Flyer and Bat-pulse was really well done; I'm a big fan of Equis and Flyer. Oh yeah, and whoever wrote BND vs. Rookpulse must be a pretty bright fellow. :cool:

Wrestler of the Night: Impulse...for taking his beating like a man! ;-)

General Thoughts: Obviously, the card was awesome. Beyond that general praise, I thought the angles/promos/segments did some really important things for the league. The Mayfield Presidency storyline was given a bunch of new layers in lieu of the scuffle with Blaine Hollywood and possible friction with CC. We're also seeing him interact more with other wrestlers, which allows his Presidency to take shape and possibly go in other directions. JTP came off like a total badass, further establishing himself as the "unbeatable champion" by wrecking a gauntlet of challengers. With the announcement of the Pentagram match, he's got some real opponents to think about, plus all the extra intrigue. Wildstar vs. Dorchester is gonna be off the hook... (Gregg versus HIMSELF! Who wins??). The stipulation is pretty cool.

As for the stuff I'm doing with Pete, I think we have the Castor/Impulse feud in a really good place right now. I was thrilled with how everything turned out, and we have more stuff coming down the pike.

The last two Crashes have NFW in a good spot, feud wise. Not only do you have the main event rolling along, but now you've got Wildstar/Dorchester/Dynasty thrown in, Castor/Impulse, High Flyer/Unicorn, and a bunch of cool things happening up and down the roster.

All I've gotta say is: I can't believe we're giving Crash 50 away on free TV (WTF?).

Great job everyone.

Biron
08-25-09, 12:51 PM
- Everything with the Dynasty was top-notch. Well done.
- Flyer is a treat ... I love this mask deal he's working with.
- Impulse and Castor being pushed to another level was fun to see.
- Further establishing JTP as Mr. Invincible was a good move.
- Mayfield is entertaining as always.
- Big thumbs up to Billy on the FCA match ... great stuff. :cool:

Well done to everybody. Just another card to establish NFW as the best product out there right now (despite the timeliness). Let's keep this rollin' into 50 and beyond.

Justin
08-25-09, 05:08 PM
I'm about 12 slots into the show, and it's amazing. I'm glad Biron talked me into joining and not bailing two months into seeing no movement.

I'll add some real feedback when I finish the card, but I have an MPRO match to write first.

As I learn the writing style, I'll be up for helping get shows out, too.

fugginVOSS
08-25-09, 09:46 PM
Segment of the night:
- Welcome to... DYNASTY!
- Actually... most of the Dynasty stuff was pretty damn cool. The tea party and interruption was pretty cool but I just can't top that Panda ;) But seriously... the opening credits for Dynasty was awesome :)

Lines of the night:
"NFW, there is NOBODY left to stand in our way, and very soon, if I have anything to say about it, we'll take EVERY BELT in this company and leave you barren, like the dug-out cavernous vagina of that Slampig, Rayne, who I have on good counsel, is the first woman in the world to have TWO hysterectomies!" - Carlton
--------------------
"There’s more action than Jackson comin’ out of my gold headset, and it’s been coming your way since back when Clinton was scoring teenage intern nookie between the Lincoln bed sheets." - Lamont Hollywood
--------------------
"Yeah that’s true, but the disparity in size between the two means that Dirk could literally climb inside of Helga, stand in front of her eggs, and open fire like a Super Soaker." - Lamont Hollywood
--------------------
"That…Well, now we know what it’d look if whales humped in public. And I’ll be the first to say, I don’t need to know much more about the subject." - Lamont Hollywood

Matches of the Night:
- Vic "the Bull" Tarano vs. Phil Atken - this was just a fun, fun read. I really enjoyed the to and fro and the chase and the swerviture. Just a nice and fun read.
- World title gauntlet. Sweet baby Jesus mother of mercy Joe is a GUNDANG MACHEEN! That was an amazing match! Just WOW!
- MATCH OF THE NIGHT: RookPulse versus Bold New Disaster - I literally could NOT stop reading this. I had to keep going until I was finished with it. What a great match. I was interested right from the first bell. Probably one of the best matches I've read in a long, long while. Great job. Just ****en brilliant.

Wrestler of the Night:
Without fail it has to be Joe the Plumber with Impulse and Castor V. Strife tied for the second bones.

General Thoughts:
The show was wall-to-wall amazing and this was my first time reading a Crash from cover-to-cover and I can guarantee... it won't be the last. It brings everything I LOVE about E-Wrestling together and just made me all the more excited to be a part of this fed. Great work to everybody and Crash 50 is just going to be downright amazing!

Macc24
08-25-09, 11:17 PM
Wow solid show boys.

Legion
08-27-09, 11:46 AM
The Dynasty takeover segments I enjoyed (think NWO Nitro but actually good!) a lot, just how the whole story with DC and the rest has built up over the past year has been done wonderfully in my opinon!

JTP once again through Devin shows the dominance as he finally gained the physical belt that has alluded but must be in the biggest challenge since Wrestlestock II in Crash 50, can't wait to see who signs up there...

Impulse/Castor is wacky fun, Impulse having to fight against one of the most perverted characters (I remember the NFW East...) is fun to see.

If there's a flaw it was one bit in Conga/Legion where Luci's outside the ring one minute then suddenly she hops over the barricade and makes her return! (Unless Legion had a fake one outside the ring it's a bit confusing!)

Can't wait until Crash 50... there's a big thing with Legion next show that I hope gets carried out well, have to see how the lineup goes first :-)

jediPREZ
08-27-09, 12:39 PM
If there's a flaw it was one bit in Conga/Legion where Luci's outside the ring one minute then suddenly she hops over the barricade and makes her return! (Unless Legion had a fake one outside the ring it's a bit confusing!)

Shoot. I have to fix that.

Edit: fixed. :)