PDA

View Full Version : NFW Brawl: Freedom Hall Posted!

jediPREZ
07-10-08, 03:25 PM
http://nfw.fwrestling.com/
DIRECT LINK (http://nfw.fwrestling.com/cnews/EkEVZEZuAkvr.shtml)
ROCK*THE*REVOLUTION (http://www.fwrestling.com/a/events/EkEVZEZllF.shtml)

Nova
07-10-08, 04:03 PM
That was AWESOME. I didn't quite understand the setup for some reason before the match, but once I realized how it was going down, I was marking for every twist and turn.

***SPOILER ALERT***

HIGH POINTS:

Doc C's 80-minute run. Couldn't have chosen a better character for it, especially what with the going half the time with half a pinfall thing. Sounds like something out of a Curious Rules match, which I'm sure is what Katz was going for. Also, I really liked Andy's RPs.

Facey's White Mist. Ewwwwww.

Sars getting the win. I concurred in the result, he brought the brutality this go-round as he has been doing since he showed up, and nobody's really sure how to handle him...except maybe Devin. Those sick f*cks can out-sick-f*ck each other all day. And that just sounded weird.

Almost everyone qualifying. With a lineup this awesome (and it WAS), it'd be sad to see anyone go, so it's no huge surprise the only actual eliminations were the two folks who didn't RP (Sorry, Jay :(). The second round of this beast will be BRUTAL, and as a current titleholder I'm simultaneously enjoying the hell out of this, and sweating nuts for who will emerge Teh Victor.

Legion
07-10-08, 04:14 PM
feels weird having a one match show... reminds me of the old NWA flair/Windham match just with more people :P

plus I hadn't fully read all the rP's for this... but considering the caliber involved you know it was going to be a good write up (and makes me glad I was in Night 1 qualifiers), shall be fun to see how the rest of it pans out :-)

jediPREZ
07-10-08, 04:18 PM
feels weird having a one match show... reminds me of the old NWA flair/Windham match just with more people :P

plus I hadn't fully read all the rP's for this... but considering the caliber involved you know it was going to be a good write up (and makes me glad I was in Night 1 qualifiers), shall be fun to see how the rest of it pans out :-)

Yeah, I was thinking about that while writing it.

Then, I started thinking about how a NFW event is more like an old-school 70's rock show than your standard wrestling show.

"DUDE -- 20 BUCK SHOW AT THE FREEDOM HALL!"

"Is it the Allman Brothers?"

"If they hit each other with guitars."

"SOLD."

Legion
07-10-08, 04:37 PM
Somtimes it feels like the old legend about Grateful Dead concerts (and Mars Volta ones now...) although why anyone would want to leave their seat with the quality in-ring is beyond me!

(but this is from a guy that uses Judas Priest and Sonata artica songs as RP titles :P)

suddenimpact
07-10-08, 04:39 PM
3:49 PM:

And I just finished my other review.

First of all, if NFW is being broadcast on Sirius, then I'm officially against them. What's wrong with XM, huh?

Typing as I go, I think I'm going to have to read the entire thing before I can comment.

*intermission music*

4:37 PM:

(Yes I just finished reading. Quiet, I'm busy)

Very good, very good.

So 3 from night 1 and 7 (unless I miscounted) from night 2 qualified.

The Top Ten.

Now I'm intrigued, how this is all going to play out.

Legion
07-10-08, 05:04 PM
I expect a ladder match or something just as crazy to decide the winner :P

Dr Curiosity
07-11-08, 04:32 AM
Excellent match!

Nice work to all involved. I was tired from just reading it!

:)