PDA

View Full Version : [NEW vs. EPW] Shawn Hart vs. Dan Ryan - Scaffold Match

TH
08-27-07, 08:31 PM
Group B matchup

Dan Ryan steps out from the sidelines and Shawn Hart from the tag ranks to see who can climb the highest for their respective teams.

RP deadline is Tuesday, September 4th at 11:59:59 PM. All regular RP rules apply. To win, you must push your opponent from the scaffolding to the floor. No time limit.

DBrunkGXW
09-04-07, 04:02 PM
FADE IN....

Where's Jim Cornette when you need him?

High above a 'TEAM' emblazoned ring, Dan Ryan sits on the edge of a scaffold. This could be the official ring, the official scaffold - or it could have been set up just for this piece. Who knows? It's a visual aid. Logic is unneeded.

Ryan peers down over the edge at the ring, at least ten to fifteen feet down below.

Ryan: "I was just considering, Shawn.....what it would feel like for you to be bombed down that far from way up here. I'm not sure if I should do that to you, at least not while you're still working as the Television champion in Empire Pro. I really don't like doing tournaments for vacated titles and it always builds the title up a little more to have it won by decision in a match rather than because the champion is dead. I wouldn't be able to sell a corpse as a champion though....."

"Maybe I could just bomb you right onto the scaffold, then roll you off so that you fall to the ring below. I'd have to make sure you didn't go down head first though. Then you'd just break your neck and we have the same problem. You could do the old routine....you know, where you try the monkey bars thing until I finally stomp your fingers and you plummet and hopefully don't turn a knee."

"There's just so much to think about."

"Safety is priority number one, Shawn. I know I can-slash-will beat you and all, but I don't want to injure you permanently or anything. You've always been a helluva good sport about losing to me and I don't really have anything personal against you. You did camp out in my front yard once and it took months for the grass to grow back, but that's a minor thing. Then again, you're working on the NEW team while holding an EPW title and that's not such a minor thing. I prefer my champions to represent the company they carry the belt for and all."

"But - I'm sure it has to do with your endless forays into the main event in NEW Era, and who am I to say that I don't understand loyalty swinging toward a company that puts you in the spotlight time and time again."

"Of course, I don't have anything against NEW either. We just put on a hell of a product with Wrestlestock and I dare say it was a rousing success. But operation take EPW seriously continues forward. We were a tad embarrassed last year, and this year I'm planning on rectifying that. Step one was taking out the juggernaut that is PRIME - or technically, it was convincing PRIME's top star to represent EPW instead."

"Step two is NEW, and more directly for me - you, Shawn."

"I've got my southern wrestling tapes all cued up for research, and I'll be more than ready for the scaffold. And Shawn, I'll be ready for you as well."

"Hmmm....."

Ryan rubs his chin and looks down again....

"Maybe a belly to belly?"

Ryan shudders....

"I wonder if I could make him clear the ring and the barricade with a German....."

FADE OUT.....