PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about full writeups...

TH
07-09-07, 03:20 PM
....for the second night? I know last year, I only wrote out one match for the ToC, but I figured I could try my hand at full writeups for the "One-night tourney" portion of the event. Of course, they'd be short matches; five pages for the quarters, seven for the semis and ten for the finals. Also the first night BR would get hte EPICENTER treatment.

THe drawback to this is that I can't get started until I get all the votes (there are still 3 judges outstanding), and it might take a little while longer. Do you want to eschew longer results in the interest of time, or should I try to get things out a little more fleshed out this year?

RStrawsma
07-09-07, 03:57 PM
The Epicenter "highlight reels" have kind of grown on me. I like how they go over the spots and sum up the matches in bite-sized forms. So I'd go with NO on the full write-ups, as the short-forms seem to get the general point across.

TheOriginalSE
07-09-07, 04:32 PM
i prefer shortformed results like you're doing now ... that way I can read them :D

CraigM
07-09-07, 04:36 PM
....for the second night? I know last year, I only wrote out one match for the ToC, but I figured I could try my hand at full writeups for the "One-night tourney" portion of the event. Of course, they'd be short matches; five pages for the quarters, seven for the semis and ten for the finals. Also the first night BR would get hte EPICENTER treatment.

THe drawback to this is that I can't get started until I get all the votes (there are still 3 judges outstanding), and it might take a little while longer. Do you want to eschew longer results in the interest of time, or should I try to get things out a little more fleshed out this year?
Your idea of a short match is 5 - 10 pages? Man.

Oh, and I would just save it for the final match. That's the one that deserves it the most.

Craig

jediPREZ
07-09-07, 04:40 PM
If you want to take a week writing the card, then short-form all but the last.

If you want to take a month, do 5-10 pages per match. ;)

MrWest
07-09-07, 05:02 PM
The shorter the card the more likely I am to read the whole thing please.

Starbreaker
07-09-07, 06:02 PM
I'm gonna echo the general consensus here. I like the way you do the EPICENTER short recaps, so I say stick with those until the final match. You could always throw in a few extra highlights to the recap, but they get the job done nicely. :)

Nova
07-09-07, 07:58 PM
Short-form that motherf*cker, Tom.:cool:

Peeps is more interested in seeing the results than reading matches, methinks.

Edgar
07-09-07, 09:44 PM
Highlights for the win.

BigDaddy
07-10-07, 11:24 AM
Agree with others here. I'm on record as to not being a big fan of full write-ups.

Ravager
07-10-07, 02:29 PM
I vote for highlights as well. sooner we get results the better.

BigPimpin
07-10-07, 03:01 PM
I'm with the consensus. Summarized to the last match.

(Note: Sorry for the late ins...posting from The Dominican Republic while my sunburn heals. God it's hot down here. :P)