PDA

View Full Version : GOLD RUSH Out-Of-Character Discussion Thread

Chad
07-23-06, 09:04 PM
Just what it says. Introduce yourself for all to see! And welcome!

TH
07-23-06, 10:32 PM
Hi, I'm Tom Holzerman and I handle Jericoholic Anonymous. After this is over, you can just call me UNIFIED Champion ;)

EZieba
07-23-06, 11:07 PM
Take a number slacker. I've waited since 1998 for a chance like this and I REFUSE to let it slip out of my grasp!

MY name is Erik Zieba. Full time worker and part time Rper, but this time around you can expect overtime on RPing because 'Good God' Kevin Powers is unleashed just ONE MORE TIME!

Go get the Corona and go get the Bacardi cause Generation Lush is going for one more drive on the Lush Wagon ... BOO-YAH!

ride the access
07-23-06, 11:33 PM
I handle no one nowhere and I am nobody.

Hi.

Chad
07-23-06, 11:37 PM
Is that Susan aka John Carroll?

xionexodus
07-24-06, 12:18 AM
My name is James and I handle Xion Exodus. No one will stop him from getting a title.

But in all seriousness, I wouls like to chat with some of the other RPers and set up some good storylines and rivalries. I any one is interested contact me please.

Jason Payne
07-24-06, 12:37 AM
Everyone can just settle down because the man of the hour, the man with the power, the sensation that's sweeping the nation, the man that brought you Quentin Sulllivan in 45 Seconds In Paris, the man that has been dubbed TOO HOT FOR N.F.W., that loveable Dog of War himself,

JASON PAYNE

*cue ovation playback*

...has arrived on the scene.

*clearing throat*

By the way....my name is Jason (no really)....and I have testicular cancer.

Okay that's a lie...
but good luck to all.

Peter Lenex
07-24-06, 01:17 AM
Hey guys, Mark here, handler of Peter Lenex. Just wishing you all Good Luck and whatnot, though I have a feeling it won't matter.

OOC: Hopefully my application information went through. My net wasn't exactly agreeing with me at that time.

RMcConnell
07-24-06, 04:47 AM
I just did this but I'll do it again, I'm Ross and I'm bringing "The English Gent" Lawrence Stanley back to the CSWA after a 2 year hiatus (possibly 3, I'm rubbish with dates!), looking forward to telling "The Gent's" story of his absence during Gold Rush.

Yran
07-24-06, 05:46 AM
Hey, I'm Yran. I'll be bringing Kevin Kenwright over from the Legacy of Champions to have a go at this. Should be fun if nothing else.

T. Waring
07-24-06, 06:10 AM
hello, my name is Tom Waring and ill bring "The Commander" T. Waring into the party...,

RMcConnell
07-24-06, 09:12 AM
Wow, seems its almost 5 years since I was here.....ye gads! Ahem, sorry for the double post.

Steve
07-24-06, 09:59 AM
Hey guys,

I'm Stephen. Better known as the handler of Pete Russo.

I'm probably the primary match writer on this puppy. Looks like a great turnout so far. Enjoy and good look!

-Stephen

Phoenix
07-24-06, 10:05 AM
Jay here and I handle Jay Phoenix ... after nearly ten years of doing so you would think that it would be time to retire the poor little Native American, wouldn't you? :)

Jay_Smash
07-24-06, 10:59 AM
Well what a flippin' coincidence. I'm Jay too

I handle the EUWC World Heavyweight Champion, "The Disease" Jay Smash.

Nice to meet you all. I'm sure we can all have a super time together.

And if not... you can jump off a really high cliff and onto a a big cuchy pillow, because I don't want you to get hurt, but you'll learn your lesson about jumping off of really high cliffs.

JS

User Poets
07-24-06, 12:57 PM
Hey guys,

I'm Stephen. Better known as the handler of Pete Russo.

I'm probably the primary match writer on this puppy. Looks like a great turnout so far. Enjoy and good look!

-Stephen

*slap*

MrWest
07-24-06, 04:40 PM
My name is Dan and I handle a bunch of characters here and there (mostly there).

And I am just kind of wondering when the REAL* CSWA Unified World Champion is going to show up for these festivities.

eron
07-25-06, 03:45 AM
I'm Aaron. Eron the Relentless in the competition. A bit surprised I got an invitation, but this at least gives me an opportunity to roleplay again. Looking to have some fun with it. I didn't realize that submission bio thing would post it immediately, so that "Other Info" part will need to be cut out :P

eron
07-25-06, 01:16 PM
Anyways, anyone got any thoughts so far on each others beginning RP's and Troy Windham's responses?

This is really my first taste of watching a "Windham" at action, so its been fun so far. Gregg doesn't seem to allow a person to get much inside of him in his responses. He's quick, concise, to the point and makes it hard to find a weakness. I seen this immediately on his responses to the wrestlers he has never even encountered before. He finds the holes in their RP's and fills it with bile. I love it.

His response to Lindsay Troy was ****ing brilliant. It actually makes me interested to see Lindsay's response, since I can't see it being anything other than a temper tantrum. She was signed, sealed and delivered to the hot coals from the get go.

Going from the first RP's I've read, I'm going to enjoy seeing where Jay Phoenix and Wes Ikeda go. There were a lot of other good roleplay's, but Windham shut a few guys down so well its hard to root for them until I see their next stuff.

GreggG
07-25-06, 01:29 PM
Anyways, anyone got any thoughts so far on each others beginning RP's and Troy Windham's responses?

This is really my first taste of watching a "Windham" at action, so its been fun so far. Gregg doesn't seem to allow a person to get much inside of him in his responses. He's quick, concise, to the point and makes it hard to find a weakness. I seen this immediately on his responses to the wrestlers he has never even encountered before. He finds the holes in their RP's and fills it with bile. I love it.

His response to Lindsay Troy was ****ing brilliant. It actually makes me interested to see Lindsay's response, since I can't see it being anything other than a temper tantrum. She was signed, sealed and delivered to the hot coals from the get go.

Going from the first RP's I've read, I'm going to enjoy seeing where Jay Phoenix and Wes Ikeda go. There were a lot of other good roleplay's, but Windham shut a few guys down so well its hard to root for them until I see their next stuff.

Hey, thanks for the remarks! I hope no one gets upset at what I'm doing -- it's all in good fun. I want all of your characters to absolutely hate Troy Windham. It makes it more fun for me that way.

A lot of you guys are damn good. And I think Lindsay's first note was one of the top 3 or 4 RP's I've ever read. And I really don't want to do anything with Brunk again -- the last time pretty much made me hang up the boots for a few months.

User Poets
07-25-06, 01:30 PM
Gregg is just taking the fun out of it now with that JJ DeVille post - he's RPing against himself. What's up with that?

In all seriousness, Greg RPing as Troy is one of the best pieces of writing this game has *ever* seen. I think the boy is trying for a record.

There's been a few decent posts so far, but I think the children are capable of more. And they have to remember they're RPing against each other, too - not just Troy. He's the Unified Champion and doing well at keeping everyone focused on him, but everyone has a lot more opponents than just Troy.

Give it time, I think there's gonna be some great stuff coming out of this. Steve wants me to pull Eli out of retirement, but... man, what would that accomplish?

Jay_Smash
07-25-06, 01:32 PM
Yeah, it's cute. It's too bad his reply to me kinda sucked.

I'm sure he could have thought of something better.

GreggG
07-25-06, 01:40 PM
Gregg is just taking the fun out of it now with that JJ DeVille post - he's RPing against himself. What's up with that?

In all seriousness, Greg RPing as Troy is one of the best pieces of writing this game has *ever* seen. I think the boy is trying for a record.

There's been a few decent posts so far, but I think the children are capable of more. And they have to remember they're RPing against each other, too - not just Troy. He's the Unified Champion and doing well at keeping everyone focused on him, but everyone has a lot more opponents than just Troy.

Give it time, I think there's gonna be some great stuff coming out of this. Steve wants me to pull Eli out of retirement, but... man, what would that accomplish?

Added tension. Troy's greatest opponents, all trying to get at him one last time. That would ****ing RULE, bro.

QueenOfTheRing
07-25-06, 02:15 PM
It actually makes me interested to see Lindsay's response, since I can't see it being anything other than a temper tantrum.

Because I write temper tantrum RPs all the time...

Aside from this, I'm Lindz. "Mrs. Troy Windham" if you will.

eron
07-25-06, 02:22 PM
That wasn't a judgment on your actual writing, that was a judgment on how viciously scathing Windham's response to you was. I can't see "Lindz" saying anything other than, "WELL... JOO SUCK~!" so hey, surprise me :)

JonathonWinters
07-25-06, 02:24 PM
Y'hello. I'm Kris and I will be handling my character from GCW, Jacob McKail, in this thing. As my user name suggests, I also handle a character called Jonathan Winters in PRIME.

*waves at Lindz*

QueenOfTheRing
07-25-06, 02:30 PM
That wasn't a judgment on your actual writing, that was a judgment on how viciously scathing Windham's response to you was. I can't see "Lindz" saying anything other than, "WELL... JOO SUCK~!" so hey, surprise me :)

I was actually going to go for yo momma jokes... ;)

HI KRIS!

MrWest
07-25-06, 03:58 PM
Yeah, it's cute. It's too bad his reply to me kinda sucked.

I'm sure he could have thought of something better.

It was probably all the bright colors and the sex what confused him.

Plus the fact that it weren't in the same thread as all of the rest of the rabble

Jay_Smash
07-25-06, 04:08 PM
It happens. Young people... They can get confused very easily.

Steve
07-25-06, 04:16 PM
Keep on dancing!

QueenOfTheRing
07-25-06, 04:17 PM
Keep on rocking in the free world!

User Poets
07-25-06, 04:21 PM
Get together, one more time!

BWade
07-25-06, 05:37 PM
Being that I jumped and Rped a few hours after the annoucement, I'm a bit late in the OOC :)

I'm Brian Wade, as you can prolly tell from the old school Chad assigned login names, heh... I handle Kevin Watson or K-9, or whatever.

Been gone a long time, tried to come back in 04, now trying again, trying to stay interested. Looks like I picked a great time. :)

anyway, I'm enjoyin' alot of the RPs posted so far, and I'm sure its gonna keep gettin' better.

Peace all,

B

Chad
07-25-06, 05:38 PM
I didn't realize that submission bio thing would post it immediately, so that "Other Info" part will need to be cut out :P

No problem -- the profiles are just for reference for the matchwriters and all the participants anyway. I'll get in there and edit it when I get chance -- sadly the 'guest' access doesn't let you modify yourself, sorry! Figured it was easier than setting up log-ins for everybody and holding things up.

-C

TH
07-25-06, 05:41 PM
It was 20 years ago today that Sgt. Pepper taught his band to play.

Think about that.

EpyonMarx
07-25-06, 06:15 PM

Trust me, it can be a right ol' sod to RP competatively against yourself. One of the few things I've done in this hobby I wouldn't want to make a regular thing, lol.

ANYWAYS.

Hey, I'm Karl Brown. I handle Karl Brown in this and over in EPW, as well as TEAM events from time to time. I also handle others, but they're not here (although Mr Entertainment would've loved working with some of these guys, I thought Brown deserved the runout). They're elsewhere. So they don't count :-p

Dan
07-25-06, 07:30 PM
Hi, I'm Dan. I've been in the CSWA for months now...no, I really have.

Earlier today Gregg made me cry. That's not a very nice thing to do.

Renol G
07-25-06, 08:24 PM
im a new comer and im trying to get in the big match so can anybody tell me how to get in
but if u dont want to see a new champ u might dont want to tell me and thats Renol G in yo FACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nova
07-25-06, 09:29 PM
Hi, I'm Chris, and I handle Nova in PRIME and NFW West. My bio is "Caesar Christopher Vega, The Rising Star" at the moment, but that was just a ****-up on my part (despite Chad breaking it down for me like a kid) and it should hopefully be changed soon. I'm here for the titel shotz. And the five o'clock fr33 crack giveaway.

TH
07-25-06, 09:53 PM
And the five o'clock fr33 crack giveaway.
Chad, you never told me about that... BONUS!~@~!

Jay_Smash
07-27-06, 10:44 AM
Hey everyone, I figured it's hard to work with people I've never worked with before, especially just if it's a temporary thing in the CSWA at this time, so I wanted to find out if anyone had a Myspace or something like it. I have one myself, so if anyone else has one, well, you know... reply with the url.

As for me, you can search Jordanger on Myspace, and I am pretty sure I am the only one still.

Or go to http://www.myspace.com/superfranz

ride the access
07-27-06, 01:46 PM
http://www.myspace.com/xias

Advanced warning: I never update the thing, and looking at my pictures can cause you to burst out laughing at how stupid I look in them (that was only paritally intentional, for the record).

If Pete actually remembers what I looked like two years ago, though, I'm sure he'll be shocked considering I've lost like 60 pounds (not an exaggeration- I stopped weighing myself at like 230 back then and I'm exactly 166 today) since he last saw me. And yes, I do brag about that every chance I get, thanks.

User Poets
07-27-06, 02:00 PM
http://www.myspace.com/xias

Advanced warning: I never update the thing, and looking at my pictures can cause you to burst out laughing at how stupid I look in them (that was only paritally intentional, for the record).

If Pete actually remembers what I looked like two years ago, though, I'm sure he'll be shocked considering I've lost like 60 pounds (not an exaggeration- I stopped weighing myself at like 230 back then and I'm exactly 166 today) since he last saw me. And yes, I do brag about that every chance I get, thanks.

well, congrats are definitely in order for that.

So, congratulations on that, Carrot. ;)

DannyGilbert
07-27-06, 02:25 PM
Hiya boys. I'm Danny. New to FW.com. But I have rp'd here and there.

Love the cswa website. Awesome that it started in 1988. I was a year old! hahaha.

I hope to rp for this Gold Rush match if i'm in. Kill the summertime blues. Have some fun. Meet cool people. The usual stuff.

Would enjoy feedback on my rp - they'll let anyone in this thing.

If it sucks, fear not. Chances are if i won't get better. One of you will!

heh.

Peace,

Danny

xionexodus
07-27-06, 02:48 PM
Wazzup

I just wanted to say that I love the Rp's going on. It's been three years since I was last in an eFed and it makes me very happy that I can RP everyday and always have something new to go on. I'm looking forward to getting into some rivalries and storylines with people once the wrestlers have been divided into thier rings. If anyone is intersted, feel free to let me know. I'm looking more for a face to go against since Xion is a heel. Anyways, I'm not sure if I should do this, but if you'd like to reach me here's a few ways:

AOL IM: jymykirch

email: xion.exodus@gmail.com

MySpace: www.myspace.com/xionexodus

Later

James

BWade
07-27-06, 09:43 PM
damn ... i WAS here before, but keep getting mentioned with "nobodies" ... damn it! :)

Antione!
07-28-06, 05:59 AM
Am I to late to participate?

Chad
07-28-06, 12:05 PM
Am I to late to participate?

Not at all. We'll accept entrants until "Round 2" is announced -- which could be as soon as Sunday.

Antione!
07-28-06, 02:33 PM
Not at all. We'll accept entrants until "Round 2" is announced -- which could be as soon as Sunday.
Expect one from me :)

Tobias Stevens
07-28-06, 09:29 PM
Is it ok for me to make my own thread or would it be preferred to have my Gold Rush rp in the Round 1 thread. I've noticed it done both ways but wasnt sure if there was something specific for a person new to CSWA.

TH
07-28-06, 10:47 PM
You can do whatever your little heart desires, newbie or no newbie ;)

Chad
07-28-06, 11:12 PM
Is it ok for me to make my own thread or would it be preferred to have my Gold Rush rp in the Round 1 thread. I've noticed it done both ways but wasnt sure if there was something specific for a person new to CSWA.

Either way is fine until Round 2 starts -- at that point there will be primary threads for each ring.

TSiegel
07-29-06, 03:13 PM
Tom Siegel here, Handler of Cameron Cruise.

Hell_Fighter
07-29-06, 04:37 PM
Hello,

My name is Patrick Shutt.

Long time member of FWC (with MCW/EWI/Nthwa/GXW/GWE) and also in MCW/UCW (merger in progress) and EPW.

Playing brand new character (from scratch) that I have never played before.

Current handler of: "What Goes Around Comes Around" Bobby Karma right here in the CSWA.

I'm looking forward to rping and working with each and every one of you and adding to See Ess Dubbya Eh's already rich history. This if my very first campaign with CS Enterprises.

I am privilaged and honored to be working with all of you.

Some of you I have had that honor of working with you before, but now this is a more grandstage and I couldn't be happier.

I feel like that in a sense I have returned to my first love in why I started efedding in the first place and I am having fun. I can't wait to see what else is in store for me.

Tobias Stevens
07-29-06, 04:37 PM
Oh forgot...

Name's Brett Gerrish...I handle *glances at screen name* Tobias Stevens.

BAishton
07-31-06, 09:06 PM
Chad......is that ****ing freak-a-zoid?

Because if it is then you rock much harder than I thought you did.

Chad
08-01-06, 04:21 PM
Chad......is that ****ing freak-a-zoid?

Because if it is then you rock much harder than I thought you did.

LOL...it is indeed, although you have Pete Russo to thank for it.

People are just popping up out of nowhere. Now we've got Barry running around... next we'll have some crazy guy who talks to a chair!

Good to see you man.

-C

Hell_Fighter
08-01-06, 04:42 PM
I think that I could fix that Chad...

(Pulls out a steel chair)

Chad, I would like you to meet my good close friend...MR STEEL!

he wants to meet you too.

For those old EWI allumni...Mr. Steel was a small something that some friends (The Members of The St. Louis Calab-O-Bass, DZ, Tommy and Ricky Payne, really big Justin Sane, and The Naughty Frog) and I came up with and used that dates back to those days.

John Doe
08-01-06, 04:48 PM
I'm John...I like pie....and I handle John Doe....oh....I kick people in the baby maker when I get angry.....

User Poets
08-01-06, 05:09 PM
LOL...it is indeed, although you have Pete Russo to thank for it.

People are just popping up out of nowhere. Now we've got Barry running around... next we'll have some crazy guy who talks to a chair!

Good to see you man.

-C

I'm awesome.

DizzaHizza
08-01-06, 07:15 PM
Dove here, handling everyone's favorite muffin mogul, Kin Hiroshi.

Did I even NEED to mention that he's the CSWA US Champion.

Kin Hiroshi: #2 in the company, but #1 in your hearts.

Yran
08-02-06, 09:14 AM
Hey, could everyone do me a favour?

Could you let me know the ethnicity of your character? I've tried to find posers and/or descriptions of everyone and failed miserably. Plus everyone here is kinda new to me, so that would be a big help.

btw, Redman... nice job.

Hell_Fighter
08-02-06, 11:06 AM
IF I remember Mike from my previous working with him in GXW. (I think)

Kin Hiroshi is Asian-American.

But I could be wrong, Mike feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I hope that I didn't cause offense.

DizzaHizza
08-02-06, 11:12 AM
IF I remember Mike from my previous working with him in GXW. (I think)

Kin Hiroshi is Asian-American.

But I could be wrong, Mike feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I hope that I didn't cause offense.

Correct: Mother = Japanese, Father = American, Step-Father = Japanese.

RMcConnell
08-02-06, 11:25 AM
Lawrence Stanley is an Anglo-Botswalan, who's Mother although English was of part Indian, part Turk origin, her Husband being Botswanan also hailed from Cyprus. His time travelling the world meant the Gent took on a more Brazilian come Chinese look, although others have claimed he is more a mix of African and Nordic descent, hope that helps.

Just kidding, he's 100% English and as pale as you get! ;)

eron
08-02-06, 11:31 AM
Could you let me know the ethnicity of your character? I've tried to find posers and/or descriptions of everyone and failed miserably. Plus everyone here is kinda new to me, so that would be a big help.

I can't currentlly find the Posers that Travis Beaven did for Eron in the fWo, but I did find the drawing I made a few years back for him to make the poser:

http://www.geocities.com/darkeron/eron.gif

TheDon
08-02-06, 12:23 PM

btw, Redman... nice job.

Thanks Yran. Also I don't remember who it was but I remember someone saying they were in GXW. If so, was it the GXW that had its own website and had PXW as its farm fed? If so I was there for a little bit when Matt Seex and guys like that were there.

Also Yran, my character is Italian American.

User Poets
08-02-06, 01:51 PM

btw, Redman... nice job.

http://www.fwowrestling.com/nfw/roster/cgi/bio.cgi?flair

Why mess with a good thing, this is probably the best image of Eli out there.

Jay_Smash
08-02-06, 04:03 PM
Hey everyone, I just want to apologize for not rping very much. I've got a couple out there, but for a tournament as big as this, I can tell only the best with enough time on their hands should be in this tournament and as much as I would like to think I am good at rping, time is something I don't get much of. I've got the World title in EUWC and I'm trying as hard as I can to defend that, while coming here to try and think of something to say in an rp at the same time.

I'm not quitting or anything, just wanted you all to know how great I think this tournament is and how amazing each and every one you are at rping.

Anyways, I'm gonna try and get some more action out from Jay Smash.

JS

TheDon
08-02-06, 04:14 PM
http://www.fwowrestling.com/nfw/roster/cgi/bio.cgi?flair

Why mess with a good thing, this is probably the best image of Eli out there.

Hey poets, how do you get something like that made of your efed character? That is pretty nice.

User Poets
08-02-06, 05:03 PM
Hey poets, how do you get something like that made of your efed character? That is pretty nice.

You have to be in the NFW and provide WestPrez with drugs.

TheDon
08-02-06, 05:04 PM
could provide half of that lol.

jediPREZ
08-02-06, 08:56 PM
You'd provide A half of something. *wink, wink*

measuring stick
08-02-06, 09:00 PM
www.posersbylebron.com (http://www.posersbylebron.com)

He's the SHIZZLE!

BWade
08-02-06, 09:08 PM
edit: nevermind

TheDon
08-03-06, 02:46 AM
You'd provide A half of something. *wink, wink*

Yea I think you understand :cool:

TheDon
08-04-06, 07:07 PM
Now I know I am double posting but I wanted to pose this question to everyone...

Are you happy/mad with your in ring placement? If happy then why? If not then why and where else would you rather be?

To me I could care less what ring I was in because its a big thing to compete for any championship.

Chad
08-04-06, 07:17 PM
Fixed the duplicate Karl Brown error. Karl should be in the Presidential Title ring; Jacob McKail is in the "title shot" ring. Sorry for the error.

eron
08-05-06, 03:38 PM
I'm happy with it. I actually wanted a CSWA title shot.

Tobias Stevens
08-05-06, 08:27 PM
I've never been one to complain about placement. I know this group has guys like Jay, Doe, Redman and others who will show up looking to win so its a tough bracket. But again, always wanted to go up against Jay in an rp event.

Nova
08-09-06, 12:15 PM
Well, I'm headed out of town to go to a wedding. I'm crossing my fingers that there will be internet at the condo I'm staying at. If so, the fun continues. If not, you guys will hear from me in about a week...ummm, after the deadline is over. Ouch.

Nova
08-09-06, 12:17 PM
Damn trick double-postings. This place is booby-trapped.

Tobias Stevens
08-10-06, 09:52 PM
Quick inquiry...

Anybody interested in putting together an on-show angle (segment) or in-match spot between Tobias Stevens and your character?

If so PM a response or email me at brett.gerrish@gmail.com

Tobias Stevens
08-10-06, 09:54 PM
Damn double posts.

TheDon
08-11-06, 01:18 AM
sorry i havent posted much in the last several days. I found out earlier in the week that my aunt has a rare form of cancer. I am hoping to have several RPs up tomorrow and the next few days going into the deadline.

Jay_Smash
08-11-06, 09:50 PM
Well, it's official. Apparently with the time I've got here, I have no chance in getting anywhere in this tournament. Kinda sucks, I should have known what I was getting myself into when it came to working all the time and trying to do amazing roleplays.

Just want you to know that I have all the respect in the world for all of you and your writing skills, and apparently I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

Good luck everyone.

JS

TheDon
08-11-06, 10:17 PM
Is there a deadline yet?

Tobias Stevens
08-12-06, 12:10 AM
I think the 14th, end of the day.

Hope so cause I've got two rps left to do and I'm gone at a wedding this weekend.

eron
08-14-06, 12:28 AM
... just so no-one goes, "Hey! What is he doing using peoples characters!?", my roleplay for the center ring was all meant to be a dream/fantasy, none of it is meant to be real. This is pretty explanatory, since it all takes place in the future, but I just want to save my ass, since it doesn't say clearly at the end that it was just a dream, just Eron mocking.

Savvy? :)