PDA

View Full Version : Turk v Masked Man

TheOriginalSE
01-26-06, 05:18 AM
All RP for the match between TURK and THE MASKED MAN at RAUCOUS should be done in this folder. Any RP posted outside of the folder will not count.

The RP deadline is 11:59pm on Thursday, February 3rd. Angles should be sent to sedmunds@goucher.edu ..

DreamsForgotten
02-03-06, 10:10 PM
FADE IN

THE MASKED MAN IN HIS USUAL ATTIRE. HE SITS ON ONE SIDE OF A CHESSBOARD. A HAS JUST CONCLUDED IT SEEMS. THE BLACK KING STANDS TRIUMPHANTLY OVER A FALLEN WHITE KING. STRATEGICALLY SURROUNDING THE TWO PIECES ARE A BLACK BISHOP, KNIGHT, ROOK, AND PAWN.

THE MASKED MAN
Every match is a battle within the overall war. Yet that does not mean one is allowed rest on a given night. If you decide to take rest ... you are putting yourself at potential risk. And the war always rages on ...

A PAUSE.

Two weeks ago ... I demonstrated this concept. A title match, and one of the competitors feels it was alright to take a moment's reprieve ... a rest. I took advantage of that. I baited ... and I forced his hand in the match. It isn't even about the title implications ... but merely a lesson taught. I will take advantage if I can.

And I did.

Last week was supposed to be my turn. The Masked Man was supposed to be the one baited ... the one whose hand would be forced. The one who would feel that tide turning twist ... when a second Masked Man appeared. It was quick ... it was an insert to the match from out of nowhere it was ...

Unsuccessful.

Because how did that work out? John Doe ... you were a bit too quick to inject yourself. I'm sure you may have even had some personal stake in coming out there, aside from any potential DREDD dealings. Make no mistake ... what I did to you was nothing more than a blip on my radar. I could have done much worse ... but it wouldn't have mattered ... except to you. What I did to you prior to International Intrigue was what needed to be done. After all, can you argue with the results? You have a new catchphrase to add to your 'stolen' list because of my actions.

A SMALL LAUGH.

THE MASKED MAN
But to you ... maybe it was a slap in the face. Being replaced in the Main Event by your assailant. So you try to go out there last week and make me pay for it. You try to mimick me ... replace me in that match. As I replaced you. Problem is John ... title or not ... you are still a doe.

I AM A KING.

And if you take what happened out of perspective ... because your ego or your arrogance spurn you on for vengeance. If you cannot accept that you were usurped by someone superior ... someone with a better purpose for being in that match ... well. I'll just treat you like your name implies ... just another face ... just another opponent. You get just the same from me that anyone would. No mercy. No room for appeal.

Two weeks ago, you thought you could get the numbers edge ... I beat the odds.

Last week, you tried baiting me with a mirror image ... I shattered it.

That's two strikes already. DREDD is racking them up.

But I will only tolerate it as long as it amuses me.

And soon ... YOU will have no choice but to accept ME for who I am.

Along with everyone else.

A PAUSE. THE MASKED MAN SHARPLY KICKS THE CHESSBOARD. IT FLIES TO THE FLOOR AND SPIKES A COUPLE TIMES ON IT. PIECES GO TUMBLING TO THE GROUND. HE TURNS AND LEANS SLIGHTLY FORWARD. HIS FINGERTIPS TOUCH TOGETHER JUST BELOW HIS MASKED HEAD.

THE MASKED MAN
But first ... there is Turk. Juliet Marceau's idea of a solution. Really ... just another problem. For me, and her, and all of New ERA ... Turk is a problem. I know of you. I know you are a man with no true allegiance. You don't seek to help anyone without something in it for you.

Money in your pocket.

Blood on your hands.

Vengeance for your soul.

Solace for your sanity.

Whatever fits the bill, right Turk? But I don't claim to know you ... not the real you. How can I when there are so many of you in that corpse? I wonder whether or not you have any real life in you ... or if you're just an unending feeding of some experiment gone wrong. Some people who got together and started messing with your head ... until they couldn't control you. So they dumped you out into the world, claiming freedom from you. Saving themselves.

And now you've found your way here, at the behest of a woman who has seemingly had the same mission as I did when I arrived here last year. Destruction from within. Rotting the core of New ERA.

It's a good thing I've changed my focus since then. I'm more about cleansing the pool than rotting it these days. And as far as Turk goes ... he needs to be cleansed from this pool sooner than later.

But what is a King's mission than to defend his territory?

Turk. I don't know what Marceau told you ... but I can assure you this much ...

HE LAUGHS WITH MALCONTENT.

She doesn't DARE concede ... to herself or others ... what I can REALLY do. But you Turk ... you drew a lucky straw.

New ERAs second Anniversary ... you're just in time ...

For this chapter's CLIMAX.

FADE OUT.