PDA

View Full Version : Taylor v Daymon

TheOriginalSE
01-05-06, 02:14 AM
All RP for the match between DAN TAYLOR and ROCKO DAYMON at RAUCOUS should be done in this folder. Any RP posted outside of the folder will not count.

The RP deadline is 11:59pm on Thursday, January 12th. Angles should be sent to sedmunds@goucher.edu ..

RStrawsma
01-11-06, 05:54 PM
SCENE BEGINS

(Fade in on a standard NEW backdrop. A moment later, a man dressed in jeans and a black Mastodon t-shirt steps before the camera, rubbing his hands together and wearing a wicked smile as though he were scheming a dastardly plot. The man is Rocko Daymon.)

Rocko Daymon
Well, then... let this be my first formal on-air introduction to the fans and employees of NEW. If you didn't know by now, I am Rocko Daymon, husband of Caitlyn. Some of you may have heard of me. Others, however, have not.

It's my goal to change that over the course of the next couple months, during my wife's absence.

It feels good to be speaking to all of you today, for several reasons. For starters, it's the first time I get the opportunity to speak to you all. For another, today is my birthday; I'm 29 years old.

That might be a little old for the standard professional wrestler, but the fact of the matter is I've been wrestling for the past seven years of my life, and even at this age, I can say without any doubt that I am in my prime. I like to think I'm not anywhere near my career... hell, I don't even consider myself at the halfway point.

I've been in many federations, and NEW is the newest company to welcome my grace. Already I can see they've set me up against my first opponent... a man who calls himself "The Dragon" Dan Taylor.

"Dragon", huh? That nickname seems to be popular, as of late...

"The Dragon" Karl Brown... "The Dragon" Nick Frost... and now, "The Dragon" Dan Taylor.

Jesus, do you think people nowadays could think of something a little more original? I guess I was blessed with having a name unique and ridiculous enough to go without the tacky monicker... but still. "Dragon?" How cliche...

But I digress. This marks my debut in NEW, as well as Mr. Taylor's. What sets the two of us apart is... people are at least SOMEWHAT familiar with me. Taylor, however, is just an unknown newcomer.

Taylor's been pretty quiet as of late, but that's none of my concern. I felt it necessary to come out her today, on my birthday, to tell all of you, and Dan Taylor himself, what I intend to accomplish.

I came to NEW to sustain the honor of the Daymon family... and to lose to a guy who willingly calls himself "the Dragon" would be a disgrace the likes of which I can't even think about.

I'm a professional wrestler of many years of experience, whose reputation spans over numerous federations. I have a hell of a lot to live up to in the ring, and you can bet your ass that I will. A man doesn't last seven years in this type of sport if he doesn't live up to his promises.

That should tell you all you need to know about me.

Taylor, nothing personal... I'm sure you'll give me a good challenge, but don't delude yourself by thinking you can defeat an athlete of my motivation, experience, and talent. This match is only the first rung in the ladder to my success in NEW.

And to all the other talents of this fine federation, I want you to watch the match closely. See a true professional wrestler in his finest moment, and then I want you all to ask yourselves, what steps will you have to take to ensure you'll be prepared for me when I come your way?

Damn... I have a feeling I'm going to like it here.

(Waving, Daymon steps out of the frame, and the camera fades to black.)

SCENE ENDS