PDA

View Full Version : Dark Match: Cane v Matthew

TheOriginalSE
01-05-06, 02:12 AM
All RP for the dark match between TREVOR CANE and MATTHEW at RAUCOUS should be done in this folder. Any RP posted outside of the folder will not count.

The RP deadline is 11:59pm on Thursday, January 12th. Angles should be sent to sedmunds@goucher.edu ..

TrevorCane
01-12-06, 07:57 PM
{{a shadow graces the wall as it walks. in the background we see some posters for upcoming events in the fleet center. the shadow stops and the camera pans back as "the messenger" trevor cane stand there, looking into the camera.}}

the messenger

"The time has come. The wrestlers here in NEW have been running around unrestrained from the threat of censure. We have people in masks terrorizing champions. The women here argue openly about being held back by the management. DREDD has gone for months with no check on their power. Chaos is allowed to destroy property and is heralded for it. Not anymore. After International Intrigue, I once more looked at NEW and wondered why the wrestlers here have free reign to do what they want, when they want. It occured to me then that it is not because Juliet Marceau and Marcus LaRoque are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, but because there is no one in the back who can take the law into their own hands."

{{cane walks over to a raucous poster and looks at it. taking up a large portion of the poster are head shots of the phantom republican, jonathan marx, the masked man, chaos and john doe.}}

the messenger

"Everyone back stage has been buzzing about how 2006 is going to be the year when NEW finally strikes gold and becomes the number one promotion in our circle. Out with the old and in with the ... NEW they've been saying. Jean Rabesque has been tossed, and now we're seeing Falls Count Anywhere matches for a title named after a circuit thats long been dead. People like Chaos and John Doe get the spotlight shone on them, when all they do is trash everything that they touch. It tires me. No one cares about the past. They look at the future, and the future is bright. Or so it seems."

{{cane rips the poster off the wall and watches as it falls to the ground.}}

the messenger

"The future is just as dim as it has ever been. As long as Chaos, John Doe, and others are able to walk all over everyone NEW will never climb to the top. Until someone restores order NEW will never move forward. At Raucous, I will start to clean up this place. Matthew. The so-called Hardcore Kid. You will only be the beginning of the movement. A dark match. For the fans before Raucous actually begins. Is this how NEW plans to stick to the status quo? What better way to maintain it than by trying to stuff the one man capable enough to change everything in a meaningless match in front of just thousands; while the others capitalize on the disorder in front of millions. No. That won't be the case. I will begin with you, Matthew. You and others think you can stroll into NEW and be welcomed with open arms. Do not expect the same from me. I will make sure that you, and others in NEW that seem to think they can have the world served to them on a silver platter, leave Raucous enlightened. Embrace the Light, Matthew. Let it wash over you. That is the only way to survive."

{{Cane kicks the poster lying on the floor and walks out of the shot.}}

UTForever
01-12-06, 09:18 PM
(Camera fades into a gym, with only two dim lights shining. Standing in the light is a young man lifting a hand-weight in his right hand, a focused look on his face. He then notices the camera, and looks straight at it. He speaks, while still lifting the weight)

Matthew: So it has finally happened. A day I have been preparing all this time for. To tell you that I am not ready would be a blatant lie. (Puts down the weight) Wrestling has been my life. Ever since I started in the East Coast independents after leaving high school, I have shed countless amounts of blood, sweat, and tears....

(Glances at a RAUCOUS poster on a nearby wall)

Matthew: But those days are behind me.... Or are they? At RAUCOUS, I may have to do that once again. A Dark Match.... Some may say a meaningless match.... But a match is a match. And Trevor Cane is my opponent.... He will be the first of many victims.

(Glares into the camera)

Matthew: Trevor Cane, you call yourself "The Messenger".... It's time I sent my own messege....

(Picks up an empty Sprite can)

Matthew: At RAUCOUS, when you and I stand face-to-face, nose-to-nose, in the center of the ring.... Here is what is in your future....

(Crunches the soda can in his right hand)

Matthew: And whether it's in front of a hundred fans, a thousand fans, or millions of them.... When I drop your bomb from a mile-high, and I lay you down on your back, and the referee makes the count; (Makes a tapping gesture with his hands) "1, 2, 3...." The game will be over for you; And you, and all who see it, will understand why I am called the "Hardcore Kid!"

(Reaches for a light switch)

Matthew: And now, it's time to shut out The Light....

(The lights go out)

Matthew: (In complete darkness) See you at RAUCOUS, Trevor Cane. A new era will truly begin....

(Camera fades out)