PDA

View Full Version : End of my road

JABolich
11-10-05, 11:35 AM
I've finally finished holding up the card, so I think it's safe to post this.

Black Dawn will be my last fantasy wrestling appearance. Ever.

My coming back to active competition was a huge mistake. I returned because I wanted to get back in touch with my friends here, but in the process I forgot why I got tired of FW in the first place, and once it caught up with me I burned out pretty much instantly. I don't have the strength of will to keep up with this hobby anymore, mostly because it seems futile to me and because my love of wrestling has been all but destroyed by various factors. I thought I could manage, but I overestimated myself and got burned.

I'll likely still watch the forums, but as far as I can foresee my tenure in fantasy wrestling is over for good. I don't think there's a lot that can rekindle the fire I had for this a couple years ago, and even if it does I'm afraid I'll just die out again. This is it - the end of the road for me.

I feel compelled to offer an apology to Linguistics for my flaking out and not following through with our evil schemes. Given what I've seen, though, I doubt you'll have any trouble establishing yourself.

I think I've got to add a few thanks here, because in spite of everything I had a lot of good times with this hobby. I owe JP, former handler of Zero, for introducing me to GXW way back when, and I owe thanks to the likes of Mad Dog, Steve A, Merritt, Gregg, Paul Miller, Tom Holzerman, Siegel the Destroyer, Jarret, Zieba, and a lot of others for good times along the way. Even more thanks go to the people I consider closest to me in this hobby - namely Dave, Lindsay, and my home slice John Millertime. And last but not least I want to thank Chad Dupree, who kept me going in FW in the early going and who helped me grow from a stupid newbie into something more. You guys have all touched me in some way, and I appreciate it.

I'll see you around. Wrestle on, wrestlemen.

JABolich
11-10-05, 11:51 AM
Gah, bump.

DBrunkGXW
11-10-05, 12:00 PM
Mistake or not, getting back in touch with friends through this is never really a mistake.

You gotta do what you love, and sometimes this hobby eventually wears on people.

Still, you were always money for a spectacularly written match and one of the best at it I ever saw. No less than Gregg Gethard, who I consider one of the best of all time said your match written for Dis/Beast was one of the best he'd seen in the last five years.

On a personal note, I'm glad to have been able to work with you wherever you've been and happy to have been able to play a part in some of your successes.

And of course, I'll continue to keep up to date with your roleplaying exploits in other venues besides wrestling through your LiveJournal even though I have no CLUE what you're talking about 99% of the time. :)

Rock on.

- Dave

Phenomenal
11-10-05, 12:40 PM
Even though I didnt get to know you at all, I still wish you success in all your future endeavors. It took me two years to want to come back to FW. With a new wife, new baby and a new job I don't know if or when I will burn out but I totally understand where you are coming from. Good Luck... Come back as a "special guest referee" or "mystery tag team partner" sometime. :)

-- Scott Franklin

Good Lord.. I make a comeback and everyone starts to retire...what is wrong with me? (Sniffs armpits, then drops head in pity)

EpyonMarx
11-10-05, 03:29 PM
Jeff, I'd like to thank you for getting me started in this hobby two years ago. MCW was a great idea, a fun place which, if people had been more willing to actually RP, would easily be where EPW is today. You did wonders for EPW, were always dependable - but the one match I'll remember you writing was the Mayhem Mountain match. Thanks for helping me get started and into this hobby - and if you ever feel like coming back, I'll be more than happy to see Sands, the Monsta Boyz, or any of your characters on the card again.

Take care, mate.

-Karl

Linguistic
11-11-05, 01:12 AM
Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do. You helped me at the very beginning and have contributed to me getting on my feet so quickly in the world of e-wrestling. I look forward to a fun time in the future, and I have you in part to thank for it. Take care and don't be a stranger!

Josh

Foxx
11-11-05, 03:57 PM
Not sure what else can be said that hasn't already.

Was really lookin forward to a decent one on one against ya again so I could beatcha this time. First person to defeat me...in my third match no less. =P

Look forward to seein ya around somewhere. I miss ya already... *sniffle*

RStrawsma
11-11-05, 08:11 PM
Jeff,

While you and I have had our differences in the past, I'm sorry to see go. E-wrestling is losing a damn fine roleplayer and active community member.

Good luck with wherever life takes you, and take care.

-Ryan

TSiegel
11-12-05, 02:16 PM
Jeff--

It was awesome to see you back in, Tariq or Christian...you were always one of my Top 5 "Not-So-Eager-To-RP-Against-Because-You're-So-Damn-Tough"-type characters to work with, and I'd love to work with you again someday, if only on an angle-type-deal.

Good Luck, God Bless.

Siegel.