PDA

View Full Version : Friggin Finally...

QueenOfTheRing
10-31-05, 02:38 AM
After a week without power, I came back from Tampa tonight to find my complex lit up again. A lot of the stoplights are out still, which makes for a bit of dangerous driving, but I'm here and in one piece.

It's really amazing just how much I took for granted until I actually had to sit through a "natural disaster." Blizzards may have been an inconvenience as far as having to shovel snow and deal with the bitter cold but it's really nothing like a hurricane. My walls were violently shaking at 7am last Monday and I've never heard rain fall as hard as it did. Wilma was a Cat. 3 when it hit. Two days without power and I couldn't take it anymore (which is why I went to Tampa 2 days before I had planned.) I did have running water, which is more than some of my TA friends had at their places. There's a lot of structural damage around my complex: shingle tiles all over the place, uprooted trees, car windows blown out etc.

With the power being out, the things in the fridge and freezer would have gone bad so my roommate and I decided that we should cook everything. I bartered some of my alcohol stash for some coal to cook out on the grill on Tuesday night. It was just vodka so I didn't feel so bad parting with it. ;) This feat has been immortalized in a phone conversation with Steve that night. It's name: "hunter-gatherer sh*t."

I've got some serious catch-up to do with schoolwork (classes are supposed to resume on Wed.) and I'll probably have my Black Dawn stuff written either tomorrow or Tues. Thanks to those who were concerned. The rest of you...well, screw you. ;)

Linguistic
10-31-05, 09:14 AM
Glad to hear that you are ok and that everything is about to get started again for you. I didn't even realize that you were in the hurricanes way until just now... which makes me feel retarded. But, I feel that way more often than one would expect! :)

Josh

QueenOfTheRing
10-31-05, 10:40 AM
I saw your IM last night, but you had signed off.

I'm in Deerfield Beach for school which is about 20 min. north of Ft. Lauderdale. We got hit dead-on.

Steve
10-31-05, 01:43 PM
Nobody needs to hear the entire story of what you went through.

Just say, "Power's on, i'm writing my PPV stuff right now, sorry I let a hurricane delay the card."

That's all.

:)

QueenOfTheRing
10-31-05, 02:38 PM
Don't make me give Tom Siegel your phone number. You know I will!

Oh, and record another 10 minute voicemail greeting while you're at it.

PS: Holzerman says for you to stop being a slacker and post a Timmy Windham profile for TEAM. He also called you a "Cabbage Patch Smelling Boy."

TH
10-31-05, 03:14 PM
PS: Holzerman says for you to stop being a slacker and post a Timmy Windham profile for TEAM. He also called you a "Cabbage Patch Smelling Boy."
Damn straight

Steve
10-31-05, 04:44 PM
And I'll give him yours. And tell Ce Ce you're living with an older man.

SCANDELOUS!

QueenOfTheRing
10-31-05, 05:05 PM
Ce Ce knows my roommate is older. :p

Siegel only stalks me on MySpace because he knows I have your number and address. He wants to make you Eggos and he's already told Edmunds that he'd "buy him a beer"...if you get my drift.

Tom Siegel....manwhore to FW men. Now THAT....is truly scandelous!

Steve
10-31-05, 05:12 PM
Tom told me the other night he had a few ideas of what you could do to barter food from him.

jediPREZ
10-31-05, 05:23 PM
HOLLA!

Better yet, give ME Steve's number.

MUAHAHAHAHAA!

Steve
10-31-05, 05:27 PM
HOLLA BACK!

Katz...

It puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again.

I still remember the time I called Pete Russo and just said, "Do you like my boddddy?"

TH
10-31-05, 05:41 PM
It puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again.

I finally saw that movie in its entirety yesterday.

PUT THE ****ING LOTION IN THE BASKET!

QueenOfTheRing
10-31-05, 05:47 PM
Better yet, give it back to Siegel. He needs it for those long, lonely nights.

Katz, I'll HOLLA! at you...when I'm drunk at 3am. :cool:

Also, I thought this was pretty funny:

http://content.ytmnd.com//77000/77305/image.jpg

jediPREZ
10-31-05, 05:53 PM
Steve -- I gotta save that line for when you give me Chad's number.

Steve
10-31-05, 06:12 PM
Oh gawd, soon she'll be forwarding us all chain emails.

Silence Of The Lambs is wicked great.

Especially the last ten minutes. I was horrified when Hannibal broke out of jail. (shudders)

"Dr. Lector? Dr. Lector?"

QueenOfTheRing
11-01-05, 12:12 AM
Silence Of The Lambs is wicked great.

You're an honorary Rhode Islander now, Steve.

Be afraid.

MikeEvers
11-01-05, 02:22 AM
Glad to see you're okay! :)

By the way, I'm new here. My name is Mike. Nice to meet you!

QueenOfTheRing
11-01-05, 09:42 AM
You're new here? You'd better hurry up and make with the sacrificial offering of rum to me and start hazing Tom Siegel.

Or else.

Linguistic
11-01-05, 10:16 AM
Yeah! Or else you'll... well... I can't really think of anything good right now but I sacrificed Rum to Queenie so you have to TOO!

Josh (Linguistic)
The Sergeant

QueenOfTheRing
11-01-05, 11:09 AM
His fate will either be a) Steve's personal photographer (and after his MySpace photo incident, Mike will go screaming for the hills) or b) he'll be one of Melton's Worker Bees.

I dunno which is worse. I may have to flip a coin.

So Mike...RUM. NOW. OR ELSE ACCEPT YOUR IMPENDING DOOM!

TSiegel
11-01-05, 05:00 PM
I only stalk on myspace because my roommates laptop doesn't have AIM.

But let's not think anything for what it is Linz....I'd buy anyone here a beer....that's of age anyway...

But you I'd buy double the shots just to watch the old men at my bar froth at you so I can laugh with glee.

MikeEvers
11-01-05, 08:32 PM
Wow, the consequences of not pleasing the Queen are not very appealing. I better do what she says and get her some rum... No, not some. Lots.

Linguistic
11-01-05, 10:13 PM
On a completely different topic, when everyone is done talking about alcohol and weird ways of stalking people that I didn't know existed... drop by mine and Frankie Scott's EPW ONSLAUGHT thread. I'm thinking this could be one hell of a preview for the future... great idea on DBrunks part for this house show!

Josh