PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Rita

DBrunkGXW
09-20-05, 10:34 PM
Well people, it looks like this one is on a beeline for me.

If the current track holds up, I'll be leaving Houston with my family on Thursday most likely. Most of the city is freaking out and buying up gas and water and plywood to cover windows at a ridiculous rate already.

Keep me in mind as the weekend approaches.

- Dave

JABolich
09-20-05, 11:00 PM
Good luck, bro.

TH
09-20-05, 11:37 PM
Keep safe, man.

jediPREZ
09-21-05, 12:02 AM
Keep safe Brunk.

Its my fault. I booked Mayfield/Ryan and God got angry.

Starbreaker
09-21-05, 12:55 AM
Be careful and take care, Brunk.

Try and give us any kind of update, to let us know how you and your family are holding up, whenever you can after the weekend?

EpyonMarx
09-21-05, 05:20 AM
That's why I love Britain - no hurricanes.

On a serious note though, stay well. Hope you're safe where-ever you go and that Rita decides to miss you completely.

QueenOfTheRing
09-21-05, 06:31 AM
I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts. :)

Also: NICE BOOKING, KATZ! :p

TH
09-21-05, 09:24 AM
That's why I love Britain - no hurricanes.
Yeah, but your food sucks and you all have bad teeth :p

EZieba
09-21-05, 11:15 AM
Be careful big man

Steve
09-21-05, 01:39 PM
Hurricane Katrina...Chris Palmer's revenge.

Stay safe.

And if you're packing things..I know I don't have to say it, but I will...make sure the trilogy dvds go with you :)

And I forgot...YOU'RE NOT A GEEK! ;)

Cross
09-21-05, 03:31 PM
Be safe Dave. You and your family have been added to my daily prayer list. God keep you and bless you.

-X

TSiegel
09-21-05, 04:27 PM
No, I don't think that it's Katz booking....it's where all logic was defied and I put Steve's face in the mud and danced a jig right on top of it, in Fantasy football.

You know...cuz Jesus want's Steve for a sunbeam an' all, :)

MarcusWestcott
09-22-05, 09:16 AM
I mentioned this in PM already, but keep you and your family safe, big man. Please give us an update whenever you're able. We'll be thinking of you guys.

thegr817deuce
09-22-05, 09:58 AM
Dave, you're my boy and I can't help but worry about and pray for ya. Stay good man.

GreggG
09-22-05, 10:07 AM
Hope you keep safe and out of the way. If Houston becomes ruined, Philadelphia's a pretty cool city...

Foxx
09-23-05, 01:23 PM
Well...almost the weekend. I think I heard something about it possibly missing Houston. Not entirely sure. Good luck just in case though, dood.

DBrunkGXW
09-24-05, 02:50 PM
Well, the hurricane kept to the East more than predicted and I only got the outskirts of it when it hit. We got gusts around 40-45 mph and some rain but that's about it. No damage.

Good thing, too. I wasn't able to evacuate. About 2.5 million people DID try to evacuate. We got about 35 miles in about 3 hours, then decided to turn back and weather it here at home for better or worse.

Bottom line, we dodged a big bullet. The area that did get the direct hit, about a hundred miles East of here, got hammered hard. Parts of Beaumont and Port Arthur are under 5-10 feet of water.

I'm okay though.

- Dave

jediPREZ
09-24-05, 03:05 PM
Glad you're safe, as well as your family.

Take it easy,

Katz

JABolich
09-24-05, 03:13 PM
Thank heavens. Glad you got through alright, big guy.

Starbreaker
09-24-05, 04:18 PM
Good to hear you all made it through okay.

I was watching some of the Hurricane Rita newswatch yesterday. They were talking about how Port Arthur adn Beaumont (like you said) got him, and also Galveston. Apparently there was the risk of losing a good deal of oil refineries.

Of course, that's kind of stupid to think about now, given the more serious thoughts about human casualties. It made me think how we should be getting away from oil, as it overshadows the real concerns when things like this happen. They should be reporting on the people, not the oil.

Will stop ranting now. Just got kind of irritated at the news. But glad the hurricane missed you and your family, Brunk.

PaulNJ21
09-24-05, 06:54 PM
Thankfully I live up in the Northeast so I can't fully imagine living through that hell, but I am very glad to hear that you and your family are okay. If next time ever comes, hopefully they will learn the lessons from this time and they will be able to evacuate everyone in time without putting anyone at risk.

Paul

TH
09-25-05, 01:27 AM
Glad to hear you're okay.

Foxx
09-25-05, 08:06 PM
Likewise. It's not as serious til you actually know someone in the danger zone... I feel bad for the foks that lost their homes.