PDA

View Full Version : Florida or Bust

QueenOfTheRing
08-05-05, 12:37 PM
Some know the story, some don't, so here's the deal for those not in the know.

At 4am tomorrow morning I'll be starting the long ass drive to Florida to start graduate school and a teaching assistantship at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton. I'm not sure where I'll be living yet, but I'll be staying with my aunt and uncle in Jupiter (right outside West Palm Beach) for a week or so until I find a place.

I won't have steady Internet for at least a week (you'll probably see me on-line briefly at night and that's it) so my time here is going to be limited until then. Dave's aware of the situation.

So, until I get myself settled in and whatnot, I don't think I'm going to be booked for any matches. I'm excited and scared about this new opportunity. I'll talk to you all again when I get the chance.

Foxx
08-05-05, 06:03 PM
Awesome. =) I'm in the "not" crowd ...or is it not a crowd...just me. I hope everything goes well for you and all that good stuff. I'd write a big speech about how I wish I could travel, but I'm sure you've got better things to do so I'll just sit here...alone...and keep on....doing...what I'm doing.

QueenOfTheRing
08-05-05, 08:36 PM
Everyone's always told me to travel now while I'm young. I personally can't wait to visit Italy and to go back to Scotland.

Maybe next summer. :p

thegr817deuce
08-05-05, 09:24 PM
If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to hold onto your belt (for television image purposes) while you're off without us. I mean, seriously, it's the least I could do for you allowing me to be your ***** that relays all your messages.

QueenOfTheRing
08-05-05, 10:10 PM
Firstly, you nor anyone else not named Dave is allowed to touch the belt. :p

Secondly, yes you're my b*tch. Now haul my bags out to the car and try not to break anything when you're putting them in.

QueenOfTheRing
08-23-05, 08:55 PM
UPDATE!

I'm in Florida and I started classes and teaching on Monday. It's friggin HOT down here and I can't stand it, but just thinking about how I won't have to scrape ice and snow off my car in January and February keeps me positive about the warmer climate.

I moved into my apartment this past Saturday and finally got my DSL working tonight. I don't have a roommate yet, but I do have a prospect that I hope works out.

All in all, I'm pretty tired and stressed out, but I hope that things will even themselves out within the next couple of weeks. I haven't read Aggression 19 or any of this week's RPs yet, but I plan to tomorrow after I'm done with my office hours.

Hope everyone here is well.

-Lindz

Cross
08-23-05, 10:04 PM
Glad to hear that you are safe and settled in FL. Send me an IM or PM when you're ready to talk.

-X