PDA

View Full Version : Candoom v Elliot

TheOriginalSE
06-09-05, 12:05 AM
All RP for the match between MORALIS CANDOOM and NICK ELLIOT for International Intrigue should be posted in this thread.

RP and angles are due Sunday, June 20th, at 11:59pm PST. All angles should be sent to sedmunds@goucher.edu ... enjoy!

TB-Elliot
06-09-05, 05:26 PM
(FADEIN.)

NE: "Last sunday, I made my peace with a guy nobody wants to believe in anymore."

(Hazel Crest, Illinois.)

NE: "This sunday, I try to drop another guy right on his head."

(Nick Elliot. Rookie. Democratic Christian. Professional nice guy.)

NE: "It's only really a contradiction in terms if you don't know the former as well as I do. Or if you don't know the latter at all."

(The color scheme here is what you might call subdued. When they first moved in, she'd wanted to do the place up in a rather unpleasant shade of violet, but he'd managed to negotiate it back to a slightly less eye-watering lilac. A small moral victory for him... or at least that's what he told himself. Truth is - he hates lilac.)

NE: "Now I'm not one to make a guy look bad, unprovoked at least. Especially when he does it so well on his own. But it seems to me that if you're trying to explain to your opponent that you're not mentally challenged or even stupid, it doesn't exactly help you plead your case if you're mailing a bra to them mere seconds later - does it?"

(He leans back against the door frame. Today finds him dressing down, in a baggy black Soundgarden "Badmotorfinger" tank top and an old pair of jeans.)

NE: "Or hey, if you're trying to show everyone just how famous and important you are, it doesn't do much for your image if you're employing Matt... Sorry, Matt Morgan was it? From some backwater promotion which I have to admit I've never even heard of but that you seem to know a lot of guys from. Like this 'Kurt Angle' fellow. Ridiculous name if you ask me."

(He runs a hand back through his wavy brown hair and offers us a nervous grin.)

NE: "And excuse me for being a cynic, but if you're trying to sell yourself as an 'Olympic Hero' or a superior wrestler... then assaulting an audience member - more to the point an untrained innocent bystander, not able to land let alone counter a wrestling maneuver - isn't exactly compelling evidence of this fact."

(A shake of the head.)

NE: "Then again, what do I know? I'm just some rank amateur, picking holes in a week old argument to drum up some cheap heat. And I can admit that, without a hint of embarrassment, because for all the downsides to living a supposedly faithful life it does at least teach you the virtue of humility. That and patience. Both of which I know I'll need here in New ERA."

(A genuine smile now. He almost seems relaxed... almost.)

NE: "'Cause I'm not expecting to be an overnight sensation. I'm not waiting for that call from the front office to step up and claim my World Title shot. I'm not promising to be the strongest, the fastest, the smartest or the most charismatic. I wouldn't dare. It's not my place to assign such positions - especially not upon myself. Which is why I'm not even promising that you'll all remember my name in six months time."

(The smile fades and he fixes the camera lens with a focused gaze.)

NE: "All I'm promising to do is try."

(He lets his eyes fall.)

NE: "And that'll either be enough, or it won't be. I could be the greatest wrestler this promotion ever produces; I could be the worst... or I could just be a shade of gray somewhere in between. Certainty is a luxury I'm not afforded at this point. Just humility and patience.

"Same as always."

(FTB.)