PDA

View Full Version : Natural Selection Summer Soltice

EpyonMarx
05-24-05, 08:24 AM
I got the OK from Dave to post this, so don't worry, lol. This is a plug for Owen's Natural Selection Summer tournament, which, since I enjoyed the last one he hosted, I thought I'd try and win some of you guys over to :D

At the last tournament, I had the chance to work with some of the best from outside fwrestling.com. A lot of people may have noticed I changed my style a little after December/January, and it was mainly after seeing what people like Zak Phenom, Jade Diamond, and eventual winner Mind****er, were doing and how they wrote in their promos. A lot of the other guys were also great RPers, and it was fun trying to find something to write about and try to explain who "The Dragon" was to a totally new audience.

Of course, there were the prizes on offer too. I've heard a lot of people complain about prizes in these things as either not worth much or never arriving. I actually thought it would be fair dues on HWF if the prize I won never arrived, since postage can be murder from the US to the UK. A few weeks ago, my copy of the Ric Flair autobiography reached my address in Norwich. It was later than David had hoped, but he kept me up to speed with how it was going trying to get it to me, and kept in touch right the way through the entire tournament as well, making sure everything was OK.

The quality of the writing of the actual matches was also top-notch, considering there were two consecutive battle royales, then an HWF singles match, and the five person elimination style final to write. It took David a couple of weeks to get all that down on his own, and some of the exchanges he wrote between the wrestlers in the Natural Selection matches were great to read.

Overall, the last Natural Selection tournament was one of the highlights of my so far short e-fed career. It gave me the chance to work against characters I'd never heard of, as well as the oppertunity to win a prize that was actually worth the effort. If anyone wants to see how they fair against some of the best from outside fwrestling.com and A1E, but don't want the commitment of joining another fed full-time, then the Natural Selection tournament is definitely a good way to go about it.

If anyone wants more info, then you can either visit the official site (http://home.triad.rr.com/davidowen/) or ask me. I hope to see some of you over there in the tournament.

EpyonMarx
05-24-05, 11:25 AM
bump to see if the post will show up as being new... the update bug hits again ><

Owen
05-25-05, 01:29 AM
Thanks to Karl for the glowing review and thanks to Empire Pro for allowing hime to post it. I have placed a link to your site on the Natural Selection website as a way to show my appreciation.

I'd love to have any of the Empire Pro guys participate as Karl has been great to work with and is a top notch roleplayer who I expect to once again contend for top honors. Karl has represented Empire Pro well and set the bar high for any of his fellow roster-mates who might want to join up.

David Owen
Natural Selection Organizer
Natural Selection: Summer Solstice (http://home.triad.rr.com/davidowen/)

PS - You guys didn't have a button to link with so I made one, hope it's alright.