PDA

View Full Version : Non-Title Debate Match: Republican v Rabesque (c)

TheOriginalSE
05-23-05, 02:39 AM
All RP for the NON-TITLE DEBATE match between THE PHANTOM REPUBLICAN and JEAN RABESQUE (c) at RAUCOUS should be done in this folder. Any RP posted outside of the folder will not count.

The match goes like this: RP is done as if it were a real match. I will send out a list of questions to both men .. depending on how the RP goes and how the answers to the questions go, there will be a "winner..."

The RP deadline is 11:59pm on Monday, May 30th. Angles should be sent to secandido@comcast.net ..

TheOriginalSE
05-30-05, 02:59 AM
((Re-Posting this in the RIGHT thread for Steve ...))

(The screen comes in on the New ERA Heavyweight Title belt, where it lingers for a few seconds, before it backs away and see that it again lies on the broad left shoulder of one Jean Rabesque, wearing his normal interview gear, looking into the camera with that all too familiar cocky smile)

“So NEW decides to take a break, forcing me to go everywhere else and show off this title, to show it to the world as the preeminent world championship belt. Leaving me to go elsewhere to defend my honor, to show what this title means. So much time to sit back and stew over the state of affairs in NEW..... and elsewhere. And then finally, we get onto it, we get the talent together, we do the show, and we’re ready to move on! The arena is booked, the tickets are sold, and Jean Rabesque is on the card!!! But wait......... a debate match? Who the F(FCC)K thought up this one?

“People don’t pay good money to come see me talk. You can ask Michael Manson or Maelstrom about that, they’ve managed to say that exact thing, and well, only that exact same thing in every promo they’ve ever cut against me. People dish out their money to watch me bend people in ways that they’re not supposed to bend. They watch me execute combinations that they didn’t think were possible. Simply put, they want to watch technical wrestling mastery.

“They don’t want to see me out doing something I know nothing about, and that is talking politics. What do you all want me to say? Yeah, I have dual citizenship, I currently live in the United States, but I am from Canada. I don’t vote in the United States, I don’t belong to a political party, I don’t back anyone. To be honest with you, I see pros and cons on both sides, but I don’t study this time. You want a debate, go to a law school, you want to see wrestling, come buy a ticket and watch me kick some ass.

“But all this aside, there is one thing I do know, and that is that this GOP clown is an absolute jackass! Something else I do know is that he doesn’t represent the people he claims to. I know that he is an embarrassment to his political party, not for what he believes in, but for his lack of respect and decorum when it comes to anybody who might disagree with him. I honestly don’t care what your view is GOP, and to be honest, you don’t want mine is. But you jumped to a conclusion about me without having the slightest clue where I stood. I could have been the biggest ultra-conservative right wing Bible-thumper you’ve ever met. But you assumed otherwise GOP.

“Why? Because I’m Canadian. You thought that simply because I’m Canadian. You know nothing else about me.

“This isn’t a condemnation on Republicans GOP, it’s just one of you. I’m sure most right-wingers would prefer I not generalize them all as Jerry Falwell wannabes. Just a safe thought. You have no concept of anything, and yet you think you do, and in the process, you make everybody you want to associate yourself with look really, really bad.

“So I wouldn’t except some sort of spectacular debate style from me to be honest. I’m going to come out to the ring and tell things exactly the way they are. I’m going to tell the world exactly what I think of you GOP, not Republicans..... just you. And then.... just for good measure.....

“I think I’ll go ahead and kick your ass!

“No false gimmicks, no false hype, I am and will be the New ERA Heavyweight Champion, I am Jean Rabesque!”

(FADEOUT)

TH
05-30-05, 11:12 AM
The following is an official press release from the camp of Gordon O. Powell, otherwise known to the fans, management and wrestlers of NEW Era of Wrestling as The Phantom Republican.

It is with great regret that Mr. Powell cannot make any live television appearances before his debate with Mr. Jean Rabesque; however, Mr. Powell also cannot risks attempts that Mr. Rabesque, or especially after the debacle at the last airing of Raucous, Mr. Jonathan Marx may perpetrate on his person. Mr. Powell wishes to remain in perfect health, both physical and mental, in preparation for the debate. He wishes to have all his faculties about him.

However, this does not mean Mr. Powell has nothing to say in regards to the upcoming debate, especially in regards to comments Mr. Rabesque has made recently in passing. While Mr. Powell wishes not to divulge any information he will unleash on Mr. Rabesque in the upcoming debate, he has taken the time to reply to some of Mr. Rabesque's points.

Firstly, Mr. Powell would like to point out that being Canadian is nothing to be proud of. Canada has had a rich history of being parasites, whiners and in World War II, those who only fought because the British didn't feel like having their troops massacred on a large scale. To feel national pride for such a worthless country is a sure sign of mental illness, and it is akin to feeling pride for being a child molester, a Communist or a supporter of same-sex unions.

Secondly, Mr. Rabesque's admission that no one pays to hear him talk is accurate, and more importantly, vital to the judging of this debate. What Mr. Rabesque fails to understand though is that no one pays to see him wrestle either. They pay to see him get humiliated at the hands of other, more talented and less boring wrestlers.

Thirdly, and this cannot be stressed enough, is Mr. Rabesque's admission of dual-citizenship, but of his allegiances to Canada and not the other country to which he is a citizen to. It only shows his virulent anti-Americanism and ignorance to the leading party in this country, the Republican Party. Mr. Rabesque is unaware that the religious right, while a valuable part to this conservative movement, is only a part of the movement itself. While Mr. Powell deeply respects the convictions of Mr. Falwell, he is not of the same ilk as the preacher.

That is all Mr. Powell wishes to share at press time. All other information shall be divulged either at the debate or in response to any other idiotic, sleep-inducing comments that Mr. Rabesque may make.