PDA

View Full Version : MAIN EVENT - Ten Man Rookie Battle Royal - P©X Tourny Spot To Winner

TheOriginalSE
02-10-05, 10:30 PM
All RP for the 10 Man ROOKIE BATTLE ROYAL match at RAUCOUS should be done in this folder. Any RP posted outside of the folder will not count. The winner of this match moves on to the SEMIFINALS of the P©X Tournament to face the winner of the Chaos / Sinner match.

The competitors are:

GBH / Ace McAllister / North Star / Dallas Carter /

Jenro Electrovolt / Randy / Rex Reynolds /

Riot / Sean Senn / Thomas 'the Real ****in' Deal' Lombardi

The RP deadline is 11:59pm on Thursday, February 17th. Angles should be sent to sedmunds@goucher.edu ..

Dallas Carter
02-11-05, 12:37 AM
ffice:office" /><O:p></O:p>

-=A wonderful day at work=-

<O:p></O:p>

The clock struck seven o clock and I dropped the piece of steel I was lifting. There was no point to lift it, hell I was off the clock now. Bring in the night shift boys to finish it. It was Thursday, a good day… pay day. I knew that the check really didn’t mean anything because I wasn’t hurting for money, thanks to Nicki’s loaded parents. But then my small grin faded into a grimace, I still had to talk with the father in law and Mr. Asshole to get my check.

You see, me and my wife Nicki met at her house when I was only twenty, wow ten years ago do you believe that? She was only seventeen, you see her father is the owner of this steel making place, a multi million dollar a month place I might add. He was an avid supporter of the college I went to, most importantly the football team I played for. We used to get invited to his house where all the boosters would get around and talk to us about how good or bad we were doing in football. They would hand us checks for gas and books that most of us would use for alcohol and strippers but that’s beside the point. Nicki and I began sneaking around at these parties, dad walked in saw his daughter riding a jock who was going no where and forced us to split. She eventually hooked up with Mr. Jesse Ass, her father’s understudy. Jesse eventually got caught up with his secretary and his fiancée, now my wife broke it off with him. We eventually got together, had Carli, who is now four and a beautiful little girl. We live in the third biggest house on Lake Placid, and I don’t pay for a penny of it. Sounds good doesn’t it? Well the constant nagging my wife hears from her parents about how much of a loser I am doesn’t make it as good, but never the less they still send us fat checks in the mail. So you can see why I was uneasy about walking into the office with my two bosses.

The elevator ride was boring as usual, they need better music that’s for sure. I walk right into the father in law’s office, no need for knocking hell I am family. Of course, Mr. ScrewedMyWifeYearsAgo is sitting in a chair next to Mike the father in law. They look up at me with that “I was just talking about how much of a loser you are,” look. I bite my lip not to say anything and take a seat right next to wife humper. He looks at me and says, “Hey Dallas how are you,” making sure I realized that he really didn’t mean it. I nod my head and continue to bite my lip for fear that my true feelings would explode if I opened my mouth. I look at Mike, “Just here for my check,” I say trying to keep it as professional as possible. I brace myself hoping and praying that he doesn’t mention anything about Nicki or Carli but of course he says, “How’s my daughter and grand daughter.” I keep it short and simple, “Fine,” I say disregarding the fact that Nicki has been really edgy lately and Carli is in that horrible four year old stage, but the less he knows the better. Mike reaches into his desk and pulls out an envelope, he hands it to me. “Thank you, sir,” comes out of my mouth. The word sir is like poison on my lips, why should I call this man sir I think to myself, after all he hates my guts. He gives me a nod, which I take happily because the less conversation the better. I get up and walk towards the door, The Asshole opens and speaks, “Tell Nicki and Carli I said hi,” he says with a smile on his face. I swear the guy still thinks Carli is his. I look at him and nod, “Will Do” I say to him. I really don’t like him, I mean maybe if things were different, maybe if he hadn’t seen my wife naked or had sex with her I wouldn’t hate him so bad… on second thought, I think I would still hate him he’s just a prick.

-=The Long Ride Home=-

The worst is over. My last day on the job… the last time I have to listen to him or look at them, or call him… sir. I smile with satisfaction. “Oh ****,” I say out loud over the blaring radio. I still haven’t told Nicki that I was signed with NEW, and that I am leaving for Canada Tuesday night. This is going to be a fun night, Nicki is already edgy and I know she won’t want to hear this. I could always just swerve into oncoming traffic, ah but I’d more than likely miss all of the head on cars. I continue down the road thinking of the ways to tell her about my new job. I mean after all she knew it was a matter of time before I got hired, I had been training for wrestling for the past six months. She couldn’t be that mad, could she?

-=Steak and Potatoes: The Working Man’s Meal=-

I walk up the steps to my house, it’s a huge white house in a gated community. Luckily they gave out gate openers because it used to be on a passcode system, I would always forget the code and have to sit out there until somebody from the neighborhood would come by. Why not write it somewhere and stick in the car you ask? I did, but it always got lost. And with the ****ty service I get on the cell phone there was no way to call anybody.

I open the door and the house smells of steak and potatoes. My nose tingles at the wonderful smells and my stomach begins to growl and reminds me that I haven’t eaten since twelve. The highlight of my day happens every night at about this time, and right on time as usual it happens. I grab my sprinting daughter up into my arms and give her a big bearhug, which is a great wrestling move I might add. I kiss her on the cheek and she holds her nose. “Peeuuuu, Daddy you stink,” she tells me with a big smile, don’t you just love four year olds. About that time Nicki walks into the hall. I set Carli down and she runs back into the living room to watch cartoons. Nicki looks tired, very tired. She has on one of my old college t-shirts and pajama pants. I give her a kiss and smile, hoping for a smile back, I don’t get one. I smile as I realize how sexy she looks when she’s not in a good mood. “What,” she asks and smiles a little. “Nothing,” I tell her as she turns around towards the kitchen. I walk past the living room and make my way to my room. The room is clean, the bed is made, I love my wife I think to myself as I take my shirt off and throw it into the waste basket. I change into more comfortable clothes and walk into the kitchen. She’s already got our plates set out, wow I love my wife. I sit down as Carli begins rambling about how she’s missing the best part of the cartoon. Nicki glares at her and Carli quiets down. “So how was your day sweetheart,” I ask her hoping to make her less edgy. She chews the piece of steak in her mouth and washes it down with a glass of water. “It was ok, me and Carli went shopping,” she tells me before taking another sip of water. “Yeah daddy, and mommy bought me boxing gloves and this big man that makes noises when I punch him,” Carli says with steak bits flying out of her mouth. “Dear don’t talk with your mouth open,” I tell her trying to hold back a laugh. I think of her hitting the man with the boxing gloves and it reminds me that I still have to tell Nicki about NEW. “Hey honey…” I stop myself before anything else comes out, hoping she didn’t hear it. She looks at me but says nothing, maybe I didn’t really say that outloud I think to myself. “What,” she asks with a prodding tone. “Uh…the food is really good,” are the first words I can think of. She looks at me knowing that there is something else on my mind but to my delight goes back to eating.

I watch Nicki as she takes the plates and begins rinsing them. “Can you get her ready for bed while I clean the kitchen,” she asks me. I nod my head. “Lets go little one,” I say as I pick up Carli, she whines, “Daddy do I have to.” “Yes,” I tell her as I take her upstairs.

-=No time like the present=-

After begging and pleading sleep finally consumes my beautiful daughter as I sneak out of her room keeping the door open just a crack. I walk down the stairs, listening to the clinging of plates coming from the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and Nicki is turned toward the sink. I sneak up and begin massaging her shoulders, she moans quietly and I see a smile slowly sweep across her face as she continues doing the dishes. I decide that the smile is a good sign so I begin. “Hey honey, you know how I’ve been training for wrestling and I’ve been working small shows.” I say still massaging her shoulders. “Yes, what about it.” She asks. “Well, I decided for ****s and giggles to send out my tapes and little bit of history about myself, well a company actually liked what they saw and I signed a contract last week.” The water turns off, she pushes my arms off of her and begins to dry her hands with a dish towel. “Honey, what’s wrong,” I ask as she begins to walk out of the room, she turns around. “You know exactly what is wrong. I know the schedule that wrestlers work, I know how much you’ll be gone. That is the last thing that Carli needs, I know my father was never there when I was little and I hate it.” She tells me in a stern voice. She takes a view deep breaths as my guard slowly lets down. Maybe it isn’t that bad I think to myself. “When and where is your first match,” she asks and my guard goes right back up. “Well, its Thursday in Canada and it’s a really good oppor…” She gives a big sigh and begins to walk out of the room. “What the hell is wrong with you,” I ask. She turns around. “Oh you want to know what’s wrong with me? I have a husband who is fixing to go to another country, and a four year old daughter who is going to miss him like crazy. You don’t think of that do you? We were fine, Dallas, before this deal. You have to ask yourself if its worth hurting Carli to prove my parents wrong.” She says raising her voice, I respond right back with my voice raised, “What the hell? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe this isn’t to prove your dad wrong and that maybe its to prove to myself that I can do something with my life. I’m a freakin man Nicki, I can’t sit here and let your father pay for our lives and work for him and your ex fiancée. I mean hell you were fixing to marry a splitting image of your father. If it was so bad, why were you going to marry him.” Her voice raises higher, “You have no right to bring him into this, this was years ago, Dallas.” I raise my voice higher, “It doesn’t matter when it was. I’m tired of getting a check from your father and your freakin ex fiancée, you have no idea how hard it is to swallow that fact.” Nicki sighs, “Grow up Dallas,” she yells and walks out of the room. I let her go realizing it is for the better. I sit down at the table as our bedroom door slams.

-=Thoughts on the match=-

I pick at the table cloth as many things run through my head. Why the hell does she have to be so pissed off? I mean, it’s a good opportunity to make something for myself. I can make time for Carli, I’m not wrestling all the time just once a week or so, maybe twice. Maybe my reasons behind it at first weren’t very good, but now I just want to see if I can do it. This first match will be a good measuring stick. Its against some other rookies into the federation. But just because they’re new to the federation doesn’t mean they haven’t wrestled before. I’ve looked at the guys I’m up against. Some of them are younger, some of them are older but all of them have had some sort of wrestling experience. I am definitely at a wrestling disadvantage coming into this battle royal, the only thing that I will have is the athleticism on them, well most of them. It’s a great opportunity, I’ve always been about making an impact at whatever I do. If I come into this match, my first really big match on national television and perform well enough to win, well then that shows that I’m suited for this business. If I can beat nine other wrestlers I will be in a title hunt. If things work out right, I could be a champion by my third match in a real federation. All of these are big ifs, but never the less the opportunity is there. There is no way I am going to pass this up just because my wife is mad. If she turns out to be right and it is too hard on Carli and her or I get dismantled in the ring, I will quit, no questions asked. But its still something I have to do just to do it. Prove to her, prove to the inlaws, most importantly prove to myself that I can do it. I have weighed the options and its definitely in my benefit to try it out, atleast once… like I said if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out, but I’ve got to try. I’ve got a lot of thinking to do tonight, what else can I do anyway, the couch is uncomfortable as hell and there’s no way I’m going into the lionesses den.

ThomasL.
02-13-05, 06:36 PM
Racous. Part 1

*Thomas Lombardi and his manager, Derek, are at a training facility as Derek is showing Lombardi some of his moves, and how to execute them perfectly before he lets Lombardi loose in his first match ever outside of wrestling school. There is only half a week left before Racous, and a phone call is made to Derek, his face is a little upset as he is talking. He hangs up the phone*

Derek: Listen kid, theres been a setback on plans, Your first match is going to be a Battle Royal, its going to be you and a handful of losers who somehow got a contract the same time you did. Its going to be for a chance to continue to a new belt called, the PcX belt. It doesn't look to good for you right now

Thomas Lombardi: What are you talking about? Can't you see that the NEW has already seen greatness in me, and has given me the opportunity to win the title belt? Theres nothing bad about that, even though I've never done a battle royal type of match before, I'll still have a nice chance of winning, just tell me what number I go in.

Derek: Well, I know you can win any type of match, your a natural. But you might wanna lose this match on purpose. *Thomas's face got confused* See, this is not any ordinary title, this title has what we in the buisness calls “Gimmick” matches, and if your the champion, you'll no doubtedly go through hell.

Thomas Lombardi: ok, thats no probablem at all, I can face anyone in a little hardcore match, I'll injure somone in a steel chair, no problem.

Derek: You are really taking this to lightly. Let me tell you the other tournament matches, one is going to be a Exploding Turnbuckle match, ones a Beds of Wrestling match, and another ones a Tapei Death match

Thomas Lombardi: What!?!?... What are they trying to do to me, kill me, this is not what I came to wrestling for, I am not going to be beat to death by some barbaric wrestlers, why the hell is the president of NEW making these kind of matches.

Derek: Well, apperently, the fans like these kind of matches

Thomas Lombardi: The fans?? **** the fans, are they going to entertain us after the show? I think not, but we have to put on a show for them, risking our careers, hell, our lives for that matter, thats just ****ing unfair, and you know that Derek. What the hell is my match suppose to be?

Derek: Well, thank god that your match is just a simple, over the top rope battle royal, where everyone starts in the ring at the same time

Thomas Lombardi: So... that means I have one week to live?

Derek: Don't worry, you are a natural, your the 'Real ****in Deal', no one can beat you, your the demise of everyone you have faced one-on-one.

Thomas Lombardi: You know what, your right, no one is going to injure me, I'm going to injure them. *Stands up* Lets go to canada, I don't need anymore training, I'm ready to kick some ass.

*leaves through the door followed by Derek*

ThomasL.
02-14-05, 05:25 PM
*Thomas Lombardi and his manager, Derek, are at a training facility as Derek is showing Lombardi some of his moves, and how to execute them perfectly before he lets Lombardi loose in his first match ever outside of wrestling school. There is only half a week left before Racous, and a phone call is made to Derek, his face is a little upset as he is talking. He hangs up the phone*

Derek: Listen kid, theres been a setback on plans, Your first match is going to be a Battle Royal, its going to be you and a handful of losers who somehow got a contract the same time you did. Its going to be for a chance to continue to a new belt called, the PcX belt. It doesn't look to good for you right now

Thomas Lombardi: What are you talking about? Can't you see that the NEW has already seen greatness in me, and has given me the opportunity to win the title belt? Theres nothing bad about that, even though I've never done a battle royal type of match before, I'll still have a nice chance of winning, just tell me what number I go in.

Derek: Well, I know you can win any type of match, your a natural. But you might wanna lose this match on purpose. *Thomas's face got confused* See, this is not any ordinary title, this title has what we in the buisness calls “Gimmick” matches, and if your the champion, you'll no doubtedly go through hell.

Thomas Lombardi: ok, thats no probablem at all, I can face anyone in a little hardcore match, I'll injure somone in a steel chair, no problem.

Derek: You are really taking this to lightly. Let me tell you the other tournament matches, one is going to be a Exploding Turnbuckle match, ones a Beds of Wrestling match, and another ones a Tapei Death match

Thomas Lombardi: What!?!?... What are they trying to do to me, kill me, this is not what I came to wrestling for, I am not going to be beat to death by some barbaric wrestlers, why the hell is the president of NEW making these kind of matches.

Derek: Well, apperently, the fans like these kind of matches

Thomas Lombardi: The fans?? **** the fans, are they going to entertain us after the show? I think not, but we have to put on a show for them, risking our careers, hell, our lives for that matter, thats just ****ing unfair, and you know that Derek. What the hell is my match suppose to be?

Derek: Well, thank god that your match is just a simple, over the top rope battle royal, where everyone starts in the ring at the same time

Thomas Lombardi: So... that means I have one week to live?

Derek: Don't worry, you are a natural, your the 'Real ****in Deal', no one can beat you, your the demise of everyone you have faced one-on-one.

Thomas Lombardi: You know what, your right, no one is going to injure me, I'm going to injure them. *Stands up* Lets go to canada, I don't need anymore training, I'm ready to kick some ass.

*leaves through the door followed by Derek*

The Future
02-15-05, 01:53 AM
( Rex Reynolds sits alone, half-dressed, on a bench in the makeshift locker room where the SWC brings its show to Greenville, SC, once a month. The most recent show was the one where Rex laid it all out for the fans...his intentions to move upward to New ERA. There's not another show here for a couple of weeks, but most of the roster does their training in this warehouse-turned-gym, and Rex is still wrapping up some final sessions with his trainer for the last two years, Macintosh. Mac walks into the room and notices Rex staring a hole in the wall. )

MAC: "Rex, that was a great session today, I thought. You're really starting to put together an impressive package of moves that should serve you well in your debut with New ERA..."

REX: "Yeah, I guess."

( Concern creeps across Mac's face. )

MAC: "What's wrong, kid?"

REX: "Well, over the last couple weeks, I've been thinking about what you said that night...about how I'm worth more than what New ERA is willing to give me. I hope you're not disappointed."

MAC: "And why would I be? This is good...you desire to get more in return for what you give. Rex, that's not a sin. If anything, it should be a motivational factor. It should drive you to prove management wrong and make them realize the bargain they got away with, and the price they'll have to pay to keep you around."

REX: "I understand that...it just seems ( takes a long pause ) it just seems like the wrong motive."

MAC: "That's natural, Rex. You grew up with everything you wanted, and all you've wanted since then is nothing given to you. You've asked for the hard way out, and you've done everything you could to make it happen the way YOU wanted it to happen...just look at what you've done in SWC, Rex. You went from being the lowest place on the totem pole to the champion in two years. Some guys work here for 6 years without getting to the top of the SWC mountain. You had the drive to prove otherwise and made it a reality."

( Rex gets up from the bench and finishes getting dressed. )

REX: "Yeah...I guess I did accomplish what I set out to do here."

MAC: "Damnit, Rex...if you don't start showing more confidence, you'll never climb the ladder in New ERA. Look, come Raucous, you're in the same position as those other nine guys. All of you are trying to prove that you're not a run-of-the-mill prospect and that you deserve a higher rung on the ladder. If you don't set yourself apart with your attitude and your confidence, New ERA will hold you back. If you take charge of the situation, they'll have no choice but to let you go wherever your own merits take you."

( Jack Parker walks into the locker room, followed by a cameraman and another man. )

JACK: "Rex, looks like someone is here to ask you some questions about your upcoming debut with New ERA. I'll allow you to use the facilities this once, but after that, you'll have to pay a fee to use SWC property for your New ERA career. Understood?"

REX: "Sure thing, Mr. Parker. I appreciate your willingness this time."

JACK: "Don't mention it, Rex."

( Jack departs as the cameraman sets up the shot. The reporter walks up to Rex and extends his hand, receiving a shake in return. )

PETE: "Rex, Pete Yanity with WSPA Channel 7 Sports. If you don't mind, I'd like to run a short segment about one of Greenville's own getting a shot at the bigtime in the wrestling industry. Mind if I ask a few questions?"

REX: "That will be fine, Pete. Ready when you are."

( The cameraman finishes up and starts recording. )

PETE: "This Thursday night, live from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the man standing next to me will be making his professional wrestling debut for the New ERA Wrestling promotion, where he will face nine other wrestlers in a battle royal match for the chance to move forward in the P©X Tournament. His name is Rex Reynolds, and many of you know him from his time in the SWC, a Greenville-based promotion that tours the Southeast. Rex, thanks for giving us a few moments of your time."

REX: "Hey, no problem, Pete. I'm getting real excited about the days ahead and the chance I'm being given."

PETE: "Let's talk about that chance...New ERA is being viewed by many as a true up-and-coming promotion in the industry. What made you decide to make the leap?"

( Rex glances over at Mac, who pumps his fist downward, trying to boost Rex up as best he can. )

REX: "It was just the right time, Pete. I've spent the last few years getting myself ready for this moment, working as hard as I possibly can to hone my skills. When New ERA contacted me about working for them, it was right at the time that I was looking for a new challenge, so I'm taking full advantage of it."

PETE: "Great to hear. So how far do you think you can go in New ERA? As most people in this area are aware, your family has a tradition of success in the business and industry realms in the Upstate. There have been some who have wondered why you've chosen not to follow your father's footsteps in the business world..."

REX: "And they can keep wondering, Pete. Growing up, I had the world it seemed butlered in front of me on a silver platter. One day I woke up and realized that I didn't want anything else to come to me without an honest effort on my part. I chose wrestling because there's nothing quite like the adrenaline rush you get when that bell sounds and the only things that matter are how you outmaneuver your opponent, how you outsmart his mind, and how loud the crowd reacts to your result. This Thursday, I get to take what I've gathered over the last few years and apply it in a setting unlike any other. It's going to be a very difficult proposition facing nine guys who I know next to nothing about, but at the same time, we're all in the same boat. That means an even playing field. And when the playing field gets leveled, it doesn't matter where you've come from or where you've been. The only thing that's important is moving forward. I fully intend to do exactly that on Thursday night."

PETE: "Well I am sure you'll have the support of this area for certain. Rex, I want to thank you for your time this afternoon. Any closing thoughts?"

REX: "To whomever gets a chance to see this, I want you to realize some truths that are going to be revealed on Thursday. I do not have the pedigree that some wrestlers are born with and use for an advantage in this industry. I do not have the prestige that many independent wrestlers have enjoyed and use for momentum when they hit the bigtime. But make no mistake about it...I am the one that will shatter all the misconceptions of the 'smalltime promotion wrestlers' and exert my presence in this industry with a resounding force. Imminence is at hand. The Future of New ERA is now!"

( Rex walks off-camera as the view focuses back on Pete. )

PETE: "Well, I know I'll be watching Raucous this Thursday. Check your local TV listings to see when it comes on in your area and be sure to check out the Battle Royal Main Event in which Rex Reynolds will make his professional debut! For News Channel 7, this is Pete Yanity."

http://traxler.smartacusdesigns.com/rr_alternate.jpg

Dallas Carter
02-15-05, 03:35 AM

-=Late Night Thoughts=-

Well, its late and once again I am on the couch. You would figure after a few days the wife would have cooled down a little bit, but that is definitely not the case. Tomorrow, actually later today my flight leaves for Canada, and lets just say my wife won’t be throwing me a going away party. I keep telling myself that she’ll get over it, and eventually I think she will… but I can’t help but think that she is hoping I screw up, hoping that I realize wrestling isn’t for me, and hoping I go right back to her father’s steel making plant. You know, its actually pretty hard to take in that your wife wants you to fail, but I guess she has a point. She doesn’t want Carli growing up not really knowing her father, the way that she grew up. She doesn’t realize that I will actually be home just as much as I was when I was doing to the “other” job. It’ll come with time, time heals all wounds they say… lets hope that saying holds true.

I haven’t really given that much thought into the actual match coming up on Thursday, I’m still kind of in awe thinking that I will be performing in front of all those people. I know that when I walk out from behind that curtain the butterflies will be floating throughout my stomach, hell I may even throw up right on the aisle leading up to the ring. The actual match I think will be ok once I settle down and actually get into some kind of flow. My wrestling ability is limited at the moment, but we’ll see if I can pull other things out of the bag to help me. If things go well I will turn some heads… hell I might even come out of the match with the win. The way I see it, everybody has a equal chance to win the match. I will not sit here and believe that I’m going to run through any of the other wrestlers, all I can hope for is that I at least do something.

Now, this doesn’t mean I don’t lack confidence. I am confident that I can perform the things I need to do to be successful, I’m confident that with time I can be just as good or better than any wrestler on this roster. If I wasn’t confident in these things then why the hell would I even be trying? I’ve studied my opponents as well as I think I can, I have had the past few nights of sitting in the living room, not getting much sleep on this rock of a couch, so the studying has been going pretty good. I talked to David, I guess it would be yesterday now, and he gave me some more confidence. He says I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. I hope he’s right. I have decided that I have done enough studying and enough training for the match for the week, so I’m going to just relax the rest of this night and into the morning and then catch my flight where I will relax more in my hotel room. Of course the rumor is that there is a free breakfast buffet and a charge to the company service for lunch and dinner. Now, me being a Texan, you know damn well I will be taking advantage of that. Your state doesn’t get voted as the fattest state in the nation for no reason, we know how to eat.

The weirdest part I have noticed is not many wrestlers have said much about the match, and none have said anything about me. I guess it’s the fact that they know nothing about me, or maybe they just don’t care about me. I guess it really doesn’t matter which one it is. The only two wrestlers that I have heard anything about are Thomas Lombardi and Rex Reynolds… both seem very unique to me.

Thomas Lombardi seems like the type of kid that I used to hate when I was in high school. He was always the loud mouth on the football team thinking he was better than everybody else, never realizing that he was actually the team joke. I guess if every team has one, every federation is bound to have one too. But the weird part is that he’s got a manager that feeds him a bunch of crap as well. I guess they are paid to, but there is an extent. This manager, Derek, had the jewels to call us losers… he has the jewels to say to his client that he shouldn’t be in that match, that he’s better than we are. This is not a good manager in the least bit. A good manager would be telling the strengths and weaknesses of each opponent and helping him, not feeling him with a false sense of safety. Then he goes on to tell his client that he is too good for the wrestling belt because it is considered “hardcore.” I don’t know who he thinks he’s managing but being a rookie in the federation just like his client, I would take what I could get, no matter what kind of belt it was or what you had to go through. It’s called paying your dues… it happens in every sport, including wrestling. I’m a rookie and even I know that. I can tell that Derek’s “expertise” or lack there of is rubbing off on Thomas too. He is starting to think that he is better than everyone else in the federation… and will beat everyone that he faces… he needs to wake up and face reality, he will not beat everyone he encounters, he is not the best in the federation and his manager is horrible for making him believe that he is. There is something called over confidence and Thomas, you my friend, are a prime example of somebody who has that virus. It will consume you and inevitably be your downfall. First impressions make a very big impact in somebody’s thinking and your first impression to me and probably to everyone is not good. You are what gives rookies a bad name, coming into the federation thinking they own the place. You will get yours… I can pretty much guarantee that.

Then you’ve got Rex Reynolds… a guy on a different spectrum than Thomas. I’m not one who is going to look for hours to find something negative to say about an individual. With Thomas I had no choice because he really didn’t have any positives going for him, well none that I could see anyway. But Rex is different, his trainer is shooting for more reachable goals as well. There is no doubting that Rex will be successful in this business, I don’t think he’ll settle for anything else. He is the type of guy that I wouldn’t mind getting a better with after a show or something. Hell maybe he’ll take me up on that offer after this show. Rex, I believe that you will more than likely be my most formidable opponent. I can see the will to succeed in your eyes and I know what it feels like, because I have it to. You will be tough Rex… you will be intense… and I expect no less than that from you. I look forward to competing against yourself… and like I said before I hope that we can celebrate our debuts with a few beers after the match. Hell we are the main event and like you said The Future is now.

That’s all I really have to say about Rex, he seems like a good guy. For the others I really don’t know what to say… I’ll just wait and see. That’s enough training and studying for me, for now. There’s a long plane ride coming up really soon and plenty of thinking to do on that plane… in the meantime I guess I should get some rest.

ThomasL.
02-15-05, 09:10 PM
:.Walking on the streets of Canada.:

*Thomas Lombardi is walking through the streets of Ottowa, Ontario in Canada, where this weeks Racous will be held nearby. Derek is only a couple of paces behind Thomas, and quickly trying to catch up with him. Thomas Lombardi is wearing the same tights he will be wearing at racous, but Derek is wearing a thick jacket and thick pants. Derek finnaly catches up with him*

Derek: What the hell are you doing Thomas, its freezing outside, your gonna have frostbite by the time you have to wrestle this weekend. Did you forget your in Canada, in the middle of winter?

Thomas Lombardi: Thats the only thing on my mind, its the only way I can get pumped up for the battle royal for racous. I hate all the damn canadians, I hope they all die. I have probably punched about seventeen of the little bastards

Derek: Wh..what?!? You've punched them! Listen, Thomas, your ass is going to get fired before you even have wrestled in your first match, hell, even get arrested ok, no more beating up canadians, the hockey season got cancelled, don't make their day any worse than it already has been. Why the hell do you not like the canadians anyway? Once you get there respect, they aren't that bad of people, they are actually pretty nice

*a canadian wrestling fan in a car pulls over for a brief second*

Fan: You suck Derek, get out of Canada, your not welcome here * tires squeel as he does a burnout and leaves both of them in the smoke*

Derek: Oh yeah, well F*** you too, asshole

Thomas Lombardi: Respect, huh?

Derek: Well, its a lot better then what it use to be. Don't think anything about them, you have to pay attention to your opponents, not the canadians. C'mon, theres going to be 9 other people in that ring with you, and you have to be ready, none of them look like their ready to be in a main event in NEW except 3, including you. You have some chump named Rex Reynolds, who is probably going to be the most experienced in the match, but no one has the raw talent you have, so I think if you get pumped up more than he does, *Thomas grips his fist, then Derek corrects himself* without hitting the canadians, I think you'll be able to pull the “upset”, because I think he has been looking down on himself lately. Then, you have yourself another opponent, by the name of Dallas Clark, basiccally, his life is going terrible, and the only thing he's looking forward to life is wrestling itself. He's really been talking down on you, saying you remind him of some jock on the football team, and he thinks your a little overachiever, hell, he even talked about me a bit. You better put some words of your own in his mouth, and show him how good you really are. Overall, I think your ready for the big night coming up. Remember to give them 100% hell, there is going to be no rules, so do anything, and when I say anything, I mean anything, to win this match and for everyone at NEW to see you climbing the ladder they have worked so hard to try to climb.

*both Thomas Lombardi and Derek continue to walk down the street as they talk over about things*

Dallas Carter
02-16-05, 01:05 AM

-=O Canada… Brrrr O Canada=-

The plane touched down shortly after noon. I had done a lot of sleeping on the plane because there wasn’t much sleeping on the hard rock sofa at the house. Nicki and Carli were asleep when I left, but I did sneak into Carli’s room to give her a kiss goodbye and left her a little teddy bear, I really didn’t want to leave them and wished they would have come with me, maybe next time.

I hadn’t realized that everyone else on the plane was in long sleeve t shirts and had jackets close by, and if I would have I wouldn’t have known why. When I had left San Antonio International Airport today it was humid and about sixty, short sleeve whether, so I didn’t expect anything different in Canada… boy was I wrong.

When I stepped off the plane the cold air shot right through me. My face instantly froze and I couldn’t believe that it could be this cold. I ran as fast as I could into the airport. There were people looking at me like I was stupid, I’m sure they were all thinking, “Stupid American.” But oh well, maybe next time I’ll do more research on where we’re going… I knew it was going to be cold… just not this cold. I waited for my luggage and when I got it I went straight to the restroom and changed into some warmer clothes, luckily I had packed long sleeve shirts and pants. I walked around the airport for a little while looking for the cab that was supposed to be waiting for me, but of course it was late… what the hell? I finally found it and I was taken to a pretty nice Hotel within walking distance of the arena, I figured that was a way to tell me that I wouldn’t be getting a ride to and from there, oh I guess that’s what happens when you’re a rookie. I check into my hotel and am amazed at how big the room is. I decide that its time to watch some tube, and after scanning through the channels I realize that there is nothing on to watch… I get it isn’t much different than the states. I turn the television off and decide to take a nap.

When I wake up, I look at the clock and realize its only been about two hours. Now what the hell am I going to do? I’ve got today and tomorrow to just sit around Canada and I guess… explore? I’m not the sight seer type at all. I sit and think about what I’ve gotten myself into. I am a thousand miles away from my family, in a room, by myself with nothing to do… this is going to be the longest three days of my life. I immediately notice the noise, well lack of noise. You see working in a steel mill during the days and raising a four year old the rest of the time you forget that there is such thing as silence. There is a lot of silence here… something that I thought I would like, but right now I can’t stand it. This makes me miss my family even more than ever, so I pick up the phone and give them a call.

Not many words are exchanged with my wife, as she only says “Hello,” and “Hold on.” But when my daughter gets on my heart sinks. She begins bawling on the phone about missing me, I try to console her but there is no consoling a little four year old from a thousand miles away. Home sickness pierces through me like a dart and I begin to think that maybe I should just back out of the match and come back home. My wife gets back on the phone, “Good luck honey, I love you,” she tells me and my heart lights up. “I love you too,” I tell her with a huge grin on my face. She hangs the phone up and I sit there listening the beeping signal, at least its some kind of noise. I finally hang up the phone.

My wife is finally coming around, I knew she would. Her blessing may be what propels me through these next few days. If not for that I think I might have come home, “There has got to be something to do” I tell myself out loud. I decide that I should maybe go walking but then realize that there is a chance that I will see Thomas Lombardi and his wonderful manager Derek. I laugh at how Derek tried to say that I didn’t like my life and that wrestling was the only thing that mattered. How the hell would he know anyway? I think my life is very good, I have a wife and a kid… what more could you ask for? Money… well I’ve got that too, except that its nothing really mine… but its still there. I love how Derek thinks my life is bad whenever he spends all of his time with a wrestler… a guy wrestler at that. I cringe at the fact that there is a possibility that the two might be into each other. I think I’m going to try and stand clear of Thomas. He might like me trying to rough him up a bit… nasty. But think about it, when you see Thomas you see Derek, when you see Derek you see Thomas… you never see a wife, you never even hear of a wife, or a girlfriend… or anything. I guess their sexual preference doesn’t really bother me too much, but I do know one thing, I won’t be going to any bars with them after this show.

Its makes me laugh when I see this guy Thomas, supposedly he is walking up and down the streets punching Canadians… I see no point in this at all. I’m sure he thinks it makes him seem big and tough, but tell me what’s tough about beating up a bunch of people who can’t defend themselves properly. I would suggest he saves his energy though, he’s going to need it when he gets in the ring with people who can actually defend themselves and know he’s coming. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t hit these people from behind, he seems like the type that would sneak up on people instead of fighting them head on. But sneaking up won’t be an option when he gets into the ring with nine other people in such a small space. Thomas may be a better wrestler than I am, but he’s not a better fighter and he’s definitely not smarter. I feel bad for the innocent people he’s beaten up on the streets and I hope they are in attendance when he gets what is coming to him, I hope they boo him as he is helped to the back, hell I hope they throw things at him.

That’s enough on Thomas at the moment, not that I don’t have anymore on him its just that I don’t feel like wasting my time on such an imbecile. I’m waiting until we actually meet face to face, it’ll be interesting.

Three hours later and still nothing on the television. What is there to do… ah yes, room service.

The Future
02-17-05, 01:34 AM
"Did you ever get the feeling you were being watched?"

(FADEIN: A spotlight shines on Rex Reynolds as he sits comfortably in a folding chair, his hands held back behind his head. He looks up at the ceiling as he continues.)

REX: "Did you ever get that feeling that someone's catching you on film, and you don't even know it?"

(He continues staring upward, chuckling ever so slightly.)

REX: "I'm amazed, Thomas. I spent a lot of time and effort, nearly missing my flight to Ottawa, searching the locker room at the warehouse SWC calls home in Greenville. And you want to know what I was looking for, Thomas?"

(Rex adjusts himself in the chair, bringing his arms to his knees and staring straight ahead.)

REX: "I was looking for the hidden camera. I was desperately trying to find some evidence that you were watching my every move that day before my interview. I even watched the tape of the interview itself...and I was trying to figure out just one thing, Thomas..."

(Rex laughs as he shakes his head.)

REX: "What on God's green earth gave you or Derek the idea that I am feeling down about myself?"

(The laughter and the head shaking stop. Rex stares straight into the camera, the smile now vanished from his facade.)

REX: "The only thing I saw on that tape was a very confident man ready to take on whatever New ERA throws his way. They want me to prove my worth by outlasting 9 other guys in a battle royal? No problem. They want me to adapt myself to the style that will epitomize the P©X Championship? Done. If this is the path I have to trod to prove that I am The Future of New ERA, so be it. I know it can be done, but most importantly...I know it WILL happen."

(Rex leans forward.)

REX: "And that's all you could have possibly known, either, from watching my interview with Channel 7. But you've got my curiosity piqued now, Thomas. I need to know what film you were watching where I EVER...EVER talked down about my abilities."

(Rex sits back again.)

REX: "I mean...I know magicians don't share their tricks with the world usually, but you gotta understand...this secret could very well be the WHOLE KEY to my success tomorrow night in the Battle Royal. Surely if I can see inside a man's soul, that's the only tool I need to pick him apart piece by piece in the ring."

(Rex looks up again, placing his hands back behind his head.)

REX: "But then again, it's obvious to me that you've paid for your secret ability. I mean, name one other newcomer in New ERA who can afford to have their own camera crew following them around wherever they go, always recording in case you say something worth putting in promotional material. Name just one....one beside yourself, that is."

(Rex starts chuckling once more.)

REX: "I need this secret, Thomas. Don't make me beat it out of you tomorrow night. But I don't want to waste my time tonight on just you."

(Rex brings his stare back to the camera.)

REX: "Dallas...I have to thank you, first of all. Thank you for writing down your thoughts into a diary and being sure that we get copies to read for ourselves what's going through your head as you approach your debut. It's not often that a wrestler opens himself up like you have to the world. I'm not a dirty player, but I'll take any edge you'll give me, and from the looks of it, your psyche is giving me all the edge I need in this match."

(Rex sighs slightly.)

REX: "Don't get me wrong...I am very aware of the challenge you're placing before me in this match. I'll see firsthand tomorrow night, I suppose, but you sound very confident of your athleticism, and it should serve you well. However, I think you're underselling the value of actual experience in this situation. When I first started working shows, I had no idea what kind of intensity needed to be brought to the squared circle. I had no clue the amount of effort it takes to pull off a great match. I had no way to fathom the blood, sweat and tears that go into molding a wrestling career. Now I sit here in this chair, about 24 hours from my taste of the TRUE bigtime, and I understand."

(Rex looks very solemn.)

REX: "I understand now what it takes to impress management. I understand what it takes to impress coworkers. And after 4 years of working my ass off in some of the most homely of settings, I understand what it takes to impress the fans. I have learned the ropes, so to speak. Yes, New ERA is a brand new setting...a much larger environment than I am used to, but the fundamentals are still there. The crowd either loves you or loves to hate you. They either chant your name, their nickname for you, or they don't chant at all. The other wrestlers either love the challenge you bring to that ring, or they loathe getting put in a match with you. And management...they either do whatever they can to help you proceed, whatever they can to hinder your progress, or whatever they can to get your ass out the door."

(Rex smiles.)

REX: "So where do I fit in when it comes to New ERA? It's real simple. I'm in the right place at the right time, you see. My progression is far from complete, but it's continuing in the only place that makes sense. Management wants me to get in a crowded ring and do whatever it takes to make sure I'm the last one left in it. You don't just win a battle royal without preparation. You don't just eliminate someone without a plan of attack. And you don't get noticed without a hook...something that draws everyone into your philosophy. Management, other wrestlers, the fans...if you don't know how to grab their attention and keep it...you never rise up the ranks. There are many in New ERA who have done this, and many who are trying whatever they can to follow. Starting tomorrow night, I will CEMENT my place in this industry. From the ringing of that bell, I will make CERTAIN that everyone understands my purpose. I will CONQUER that ring and the other 9 wrestlers inside it."

(All facial expression is devoid. The piercing blue eyes hit the mark one last time.)

REX: "Imminence is at hand. The Future is Now. The Future...is Rex Reynolds."

(CUTTO: Blackness.)

http://traxler.smartacusdesigns.com/rr_alternate.jpg