PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Ban

Chad
01-19-05, 06:45 PM
Just a heads up that I've temporarily banned Joe LeBron's account, at least the JLeBron one.

Joe has contacted me about the ban. I advised him that if he needs to post roleplay or have access to specific league forums, that I would see what I could do to give him limited access -- to which he eventually told me I could go **** myself.

I apologize for any impact this may have on your leagues. Again, I've tried to give him every opportunity, and the answer always is "**** off.'

The original argument (as you all know by now, since he's apparently IMed everybody on the boards ;>) began as a result of a general concern I've had on the graphics forums. Despite Joe's assertions, I've had more than one person contact me with concern about some of his responses. I assured them that Joe wasn't trying to come off negatively. After the latest event (which no one came to me about), I then went to him and voiced my concerns.

We had a long discussion and obviously didn't see eye to eye. I didn't ask him to resign as a moderator or to do anything except to be aware of how some of his posts could be perceived by those who might not know him. He told me that he couldn't continue to be a moderator. He then posted a note on the Graphics forum with the title announcing his resignation and the text saying "Nuff said." He went back a couple of hours later and edited the note into a profanity laced tirade, which I deleted.

Today at noon he created an account called 'simonsez.' He posted several notes on the graphics forum, despite telling me multiple times that he didn't ever want to post there again. I called him out on the shady second account and he responded. Dave Brunk has verified the information I posted on the boards that shows that the IP address used by simonsez is exactly the same as one used by JLeBron. I would not have posted anything had the IP address not been an exact match, or had Joe not obviously been trying to stir things up.

So that's about it. Again, I'm willing to do what's needed to facilitate his limited posting in leagues he involved in, but I'm not going to allow him to continue to argue with me after his actions have shown that he's still trying to stir up crap.

-C

PaulNJ21
01-19-05, 07:34 PM
Limited access works for me. Joe may have had a bad couple of days, but I think he is a good guy and he has really done a lot over the years for everyone here.

How this spung out of control based on two people arguing about posers as Gregg put it is ridiculous and I just hope everyone calms down and peace is restored.

As a side note, it seems like something bad always happens every week or so on the non FWrestling league section on the board and I think those boards may cause more aggravation than they are really worth.

Paul

Korupt
01-19-05, 09:33 PM
How this spung out of control based on two people arguing about posers as Gregg put it is ridiculous and I just hope everyone calms down and peace is restored.

I wouldn't even call it arguing. All I did was give him feedback of his image like he was asking for. I even rated it a 8/10 which was definitally fair for the image. I complemented on the layout and said I liked it. The only negative thing I said was some of the skin textures looked like plastic. Feedback is to give advice on improving images and thats what I was trying to help with. At that point I didn't talk to him or reply to another post. I am not getting into an internet war with someone over something so stupid. I am personally going to try contacting him and talking to him peacefully about the situation in order to try resolving the issue. If anyone knows his contact information please foward it to me in a pm, unless he does not want me to contact him. Thanks.

Chad
01-19-05, 10:06 PM
Paul,

Just to be clear, this isn't a war about Posers. I discussed a concern I had with Joe, he decided to 'resign', and I thought that was it. I've got nothing but respect for Joe's talent and dedication. However, I'm not gonna deal with fake accounts, being called a liar or being cursed out. There's just not enough time in the day for it.

-C

TheOriginalSE
01-20-05, 12:28 AM
You had to do what you had to do. I don't know what went on besides what I read in the Design forum.

Joe didn't IM me about anything, so I don't really know the extent to it. I do know that Joe has problems with criticism from what I've seen in the past, and tries to justify everything.

But whatev, right? You handled the situation the best way you thought and that's all anyone can ask from you.

Besides... now this puts me as the #2 ALL TIME POSTER, BABY!!! :)

Oh your time at the top is coming to an end soon, Paul... YOU BETTA BELIEVE IT! :p

Ok, ok .. joking aside.. I think you've handled the situation well. You called him out on something where he was obviously being immature ... and have explained yourself thoroughly.

-sean

GreggG
01-20-05, 12:35 AM
Hey, not that I know what the hell happened but fighting over any aspect of FWrestling is way lame.

I'm sticking out of this one. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep the forum clean and avoid having any of the flare-ups turn into full-fledged wars. We haven't had one in years, thank god.

DBrunkGXW
01-20-05, 10:29 AM
Yep.

Hopefully, we can just let this pass - and it will in time.